PDA

View Full Version : SE Texas subvarsity games

Old Cardinal
10-30-2003, 11:00 PM
Well BC's JV beat Buna 22-0 The Buna 7th graders won. The Bridge City 8th grade won a squeaker 8-6.
Last year Bridge City's 9th grade and Jaspers 9th grade were both considered quite superior and so they scheduled a special game and BC won 14-0. Well it was so much fun, that this year the 9th grade Jasper/Bridge City game was played again tonight....Bridge City beat Jasper 30-6. Many of the boys that played in that last years' 9th grade contest are starting for the Varsity Cardinals this year. Couple that group with these 9th graders that have improved so much this year and the prospects look pretty good for BC in two years, when these guys become Seniors and Juniors.

olddawggreen
10-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Its fun to watch them develope isn't it Old Cardinal? Some of them you can spot their talent right away and others just seem to sneak up on you one day.

Old Cardinal
10-31-2003, 12:12 AM
I agree ODGreen: Watching the whole picture develop is quite interesting. You also see how other programs are handling their prospects.

Wildcat81
10-31-2003, 12:28 AM
Old Cardinal:
I agree ODGreen: Watching the whole picture develop is quite interesting. You also see how other programs are handling their prospects.You wouldn't happen to know the score on K-ville jv.

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpg

olddawggreen
10-31-2003, 10:01 AM
No, sorry

southern_thunder
10-31-2003, 10:12 AM
Old Card, now how did I know you would be bringing up the fact that BC's freshmen won the game last night. LOL That QB yall had is pretty good.

Old Cardinal
10-31-2003, 12:20 PM
To Thunder, I think that Jasper and Bridge City have a fair chance in meeting again for the Region III Championship. I satute both groups for their success in a deep re-building year. I can't see Mexia or Gateville, or others, taking out Jasper on that side of the bracketing. Likewise, I think Barbers Hill is the toughest opponent for BC on the other side of the bracketing. I would love to see Bellville get the nod to go Division I in Region III. Last year BC beat Liberty 30-8 and it could have been much worst. Liberty loss a fluke(in some opinions) to Bellville by 10 points. BC beat Elgin 28-7, and they gave them mercy, and Bellville lost to Elgin. That's the only games that they played head-up on like opponents. I look for Jasper to win real big, in the first two games,in Region III again. And if BC or BH does not knock off Bellville, then I think Jasper will- bigtime! Our two teams have players that are gaining experience with every game. You can expect to lose in preseason and even District when you have very young and inexperienced players starting, even if their potential is excellent. There is no excuse however once you reach the Playoff mode, they should be trained and primed by that time.

Hupernikomen
10-31-2003, 01:34 PM
southern_thunder:
Old Card, now how did I know you would be bringing up the fact that BC's freshmen won the game last night. LOL That QB yall had is pretty good.thunder how are the subvarsity teams for Jasper doing this year? Looks like the freshmen really got it handed to them by B.C.

I heard Coach Brack say on the radio that the 8th grade coach said his group was the fastest he has ever had in terms of team speed.

southern_thunder
11-01-2003, 08:50 AM
The Jasper JV wentundefeated this year with a Freshmen at QB and he stepped it up a notch this week and played with the varsity against Woodville. He got in the game late in the 4th quarter. I think he played a total of 4 plays and Jasper scored on 3 of them, with him actually scoring twice and pitching to Cook for the other one.