PDA

View Full Version : Allen's new stadium

orange machine
03-21-2012, 09:55 PM
I drove by it today and that thing is very impressive. Does anyone know if there is a nicer high school stadium than this one? If so I would like to see it. It says it will seat 18,000 people, but it looks like they could easily add more stands if needed.

Gsquared
03-22-2012, 06:33 AM
I drove by it today and that thing is very impressive. Does anyone know if there is a nicer high school stadium than this one? If so I would like to see it. It says it will seat 18,000 people, but it looks like they could easily add more stands if needed.
I drove by last week, your right, really impressive. I think the only one close to being as nice is the one in Cypress

Farmersfan
03-22-2012, 08:59 AM
And woe is us for this horrible economy.............................Nobody can find a job! Nobody can get healthcare! Nobody can afford gas! Nobody will be able to retire! Yet we can build a ridiculous high school stadium..:crazy:

Lion70
03-22-2012, 09:01 AM
And woe is us for this horrible economy.............................Nobody can find a job! Nobody can get healthcare! Nobody can afford gas! Nobody will be able to retire! Yet we can build a ridiculous high school stadium..:crazy:

somebody sounds bitter

regaleagle
03-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Yeah, but he's right. Things must be a lot better economically at Allen, I guess. A new high school football stadium would not be high on my priority list in economic times like this. The funding has to pull away from funds that could be used in the school district somewhere else. But hey, I'm a football fan, and it's not my $$$.

Txbroadcaster
03-22-2012, 09:12 AM

voted for and approved..so talk to the people of Allen

Matthew328
03-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Let's remember the bond for this stadium was passed in 2009...Texas state law dictates how bond money should be spent etc..so its not like Allen can take that bond money and put in a general fund...the people of Allen ISD passed the bond for the stadium and other facilities by a sizeable margin...in the end that's all that matters, the voters in that community felt it was needed and their voices were heard...

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1274704

ahs_indian_fan
03-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Yeah, but he's right. Things must be a lot better economically at Allen, I guess. A new high school football stadium would not be high on my priority list in economic times like this. The funding has to pull away from funds that could be used in the school district somewhere else. But hey, I'm a football fan, and it's not my $$$.

Actually those funds wouldn't be able to be used anywhere else. The school district asked the community for the money for a stadium (bond), the community said yes (bond passed), therefore they get a new stadium. It isn't like they fired 200 teachers so they could have enough money to build the stadium. That bond money can not be used toward anything but construction. No salaries, no new curriculum, nothing but construction.

It's funny I've seen stories in papers all over the country about it, seen a story on CNN about the new stadium, yet no one from Allen ever complains about it. If they want it and want to deal with the consequences then let them. Why should it be anyone else's business since they voted for it and passed it?

orange machine
03-22-2012, 09:50 AM
I drove by last week, your right, really impressive. I think the only one close to being as nice is the one in Cypress
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1050 You are right this stadium is nice, but nothing close to the new Allen stadium.

Txbroadcaster
03-22-2012, 09:52 AM

The Cypress one looks ALOT like the one we broadcast from this year

orange machine
03-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Allens current stadium is junk and way to small for them. I applaud them for building such an expensive stadium it should last for many years.

orange machine
03-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Is it just me or does John Kincade Stadium seem like a dark old time stadium. Its nice, but it has no personality to me it just seems very gray and gloomy.

MGAR
03-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Is it just me or does John Kincade Stadium seem like a dark old time stadium. Its nice, but it has no personality to me it just seems very gray and gloomy.

Ain't that in the hood?

I'd put our stadium up against anyone elses... 2A and below!

Txbroadcaster
03-22-2012, 10:01 AM

I dont like how far away the stand and pressbox is

Matthew328
03-22-2012, 10:02 AM
I actually like Kincade a lot...its one of my favorites to watch a game at

Farmersfan
03-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Actually those funds wouldn't be able to be used anywhere else. The school district asked the community for the money for a stadium (bond), the community said yes (bond passed), therefore they get a new stadium. It isn't like they fired 200 teachers so they could have enough money to build the stadium. That bond money can not be used toward anything but construction. No salaries, no new curriculum, nothing but construction.

It's funny I've seen stories in papers all over the country about it, seen a story on CNN about the new stadium, yet no one from Allen ever complains about it. If they want it and want to deal with the consequences then let them. Why should it be anyone else's business since they voted for it and passed it?

And this is what prompted my sarcastic remark. The citizens of Allen have cried just as loud as everybody else about the economy and how our Government needs to fix things.

And the irony is that so many people make this comment about how the "Bond" money is supposed to be used. Duh!!!!! But guess what? Bond money is paid back WITH INTEREST! Regardless of whether a new stadium tax, tourist tax, parking fee or whatever is applied to pay back the bond money it still takes money away from other things.

BEAST
03-22-2012, 10:33 AM
And this is what prompted my sarcastic remark. The citizens of Allen have cried just as loud as everybody else about the economy and how our Government needs to fix things.

And the irony is that so many people make this comment about how the "Bond" money is supposed to be used. Duh!!!!! But guess what? Bond money is paid back WITH INTEREST! Regardless of whether a new stadium tax, tourist tax, parking fee or whatever is applied to pay back the bond money it still takes money away from other things.

You are partly right, at first it does take away from other things. However, what will the economic impact be when that stadium hosts high profile playoff games? More than likely it would host multiple playoff games every weekend. Only after we know the impact of that can we say whether or not it was worth it.

BEAST

Ernest T Bass
03-22-2012, 10:46 AM
The bond was passed in 2009. Our state government was able to(brilliantly, I might add) keep our $23 billion shortfall a secret until after the 2010 elections. I seriously doubt that the bond would have passed in 2011, even though Allen's old stadium would be a very mediocre 3a stadium.

Tejastrue
03-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Their population has more than doubled in the last 10 years. I could easily see where new facilities would be necessary and justified. How far they cared to take it, well, the numbers below might explain.

Income

The 2010 estimate of the average household income in Allen is $109,240.

The median Allen household income is estimated at $94,630.

Approximately 80% of the 75013 zip code (one of the two major zip codes in Allen) is composed of Allen residents with an income of $75,000 or more. The quality of the Allen community attracts residents with a high level of spending power and disposable income. This makes Allen a prime location for restaurants, shopping centers and other retail venues.

According to the North Central Texas Council of Governments’ 2000-2009 survey, Allen continues to rank as one of the Top Ten Growth Cities with one of the highest population growth rates in the North Central Texas Region.

Population

87,066 as of December 31, 2011
84,246 as of Census conducted April 2010

Allen Population Growth*
(as of Jan. 1)
2009 – 82,660
2008 – 80,408
2007 – 76,579
2006 – 70,582
2005 – 68,076
2004 – 64,663
2003 – 60,195
2002 – 55,576
2001 – 49,049
2000 – 43,686
1999 – 39,482
1998 – 35,744

toddg
03-22-2012, 12:31 PM
they needed the stadium for the enormous marching band and their parents! LOL!

marler1972
03-22-2012, 12:52 PM
The bond was passed in 2009. Our state government was able to(brilliantly, I might add) keep our $23 billion shortfall a secret until after the 2010 elections. I seriously doubt that the bond would have passed in 2011, even though Allen's old stadium would be a very mediocre 3a stadium.

Well zero week Allen is hosting 4 games 1 on Friday Allen vs SLC I believe.
Then Sat we play Mellissa at noon on Sat and I dont know what the 2 other games are.

Farmersfan
03-22-2012, 01:58 PM
You are partly right, at first it does take away from other things. However, what will the economic impact be when that stadium hosts high profile playoff games? More than likely it would host multiple playoff games every weekend. Only after we know the impact of that can we say whether or not it was worth it.

BEAST

All this is very true. But it could have been accomplished with about half this much money. I'm not saying Allen didn't need a new and bigger stadium. I'm saying they didn't need a high school stadium that rivals most college and even some pro stadiums. This is completely public money and it's extravagant!

BEAST
03-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Can anyone post a pic of the stadium?

BEAST

Tejastrue
03-22-2012, 02:23 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1006/espnhs_allen_stadium_update_index_576x324.jpg

This looks to be somewhat CG but you get the idea.

marler1972
03-22-2012, 02:24 PM
All this is very true. But it could have been accomplished with about half this much money. I'm not saying Allen didn't need a new and bigger stadium. I'm saying they didn't need a high school stadium that rivals most college and even some pro stadiums. This is completely public money and it's extravagant!

While it is public money the Allen community voted and approved it.
It also has a practice arena for the golf team.

GrTigers6
03-22-2012, 02:42 PM
All this is very true. But it could have been accomplished with about half this much money. I'm not saying Allen didn't need a new and bigger stadium. I'm saying they didn't need a high school stadium that rivals most college and even some pro stadiums. This is completely public money and it's extravagant!Have you ever been to Allen? They have played in their stadium since we moved there in 75 and I dont know how long before that. It has been a long time coming. They will make the money back and then some just by having room for all of the fans that want to attend. They had to build big to make sure they didnt have to do it again any time soon.

Lion70
03-22-2012, 02:50 PM
there is a youtube as an update as of early march

GrTigers6
03-22-2012, 02:53 PM
One other thing, Allen High school has as many or more students as several colleges do so they need a college size stadium!:D

Lion70
03-22-2012, 03:04 PM
5,000 students give er take so a 18,000 seater should be fine.

Emerson1
03-22-2012, 03:57 PM
there is a youtube as an update as of early march
Thanks for posting it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXldOzc7xHM

Lion70
03-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks for posting it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXldOzc7xHM

I really don't know how thats why

Emerson1
03-22-2012, 04:26 PM
You copy and paste.

SHSBulldog00
03-22-2012, 11:44 PM
they needed the stadium for the enormous marching band and their parents! LOL!

I think they had like 800 this year.:crazy:

Leopard4Life
03-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I think they had like 800 this year.:crazy:

There were 670 kids in Allen's band last year. It takes like 24-28 buses to take the band to away games. I drive by the Allen Stadium at least 5-6 times a week. There is still a lot of construction to go but it is looking really nice. Allen's old stadium was pathetic and they did need a much larger facility. They have something like 1,000 people on the waiting list for season tickets. The few Allen games I've caught I had to sit on the visitors side.

regaleagle
03-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Argyle's population is roughly 3500. Our football stadium has a seating capacity of...3500. Allen's population is roughly 88,000. Their new stadium will have have a seating capacity of....18,000. Sounds reasonable to me. Sooner or later they will need to build another high school. Maybe they should have made the new stadium seat more and use it for both schools in the future. Sounds like they could use more seating right now.

MGAR
03-23-2012, 12:19 PM
I really don't know how thats why

Come on aggie

Matthew328
03-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Argyle's population is roughly 3500. Our football stadium has a seating capacity of...3500. Allen's population is roughly 88,000. Their new stadium will have have a seating capacity of....18,000. Sounds reasonable to me. Sooner or later they will need to build another high school. Maybe they should have made the new stadium seat more and use it for both schools in the future. Sounds like they could use more seating right now.

Don't think Allen will ever build a second HS, they are about built out dont think they can expand anymore

LionFan72
03-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Nice looking home for the Eagles, if they can afford it, then enjoy! Jealous Pups, quit whining!

Ernest T Bass
03-24-2012, 01:46 PM

Allen is committed to only having one high school.

Matthew328
03-25-2012, 10:34 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/football-news/headlines/20120325-photos-a-look-at-the-construction-of-allen-football-s-new-home-eagle-stadium.ece

DMN Photo Feature

orange machine
03-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Anybody see the other day on ESPN Around the Horn where they were talking about Allens new stadium? Basically they think its a waste when the money can be spent on education. I guess they dont realize like alot of people its a bond that could only be used for specific things. Media at its finest screwing things up!

RoyceTTU
03-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Just playing Devil's advocate,,,

I wonder if this comes back to haunt them. I know they have a very successful program and can probably fill the seats for the most part. But really we are talking about a small percentage of students who's parents want to move to Allen to have such nice facilities. I know a fella that moved away from Allen for one reason and one reason alone. He was tired of getting taxed out the nose. Surely he can't be the only one who feels the same. In tighter economic times, folks are going to be less likely to want to move/build in such a high taxed area when there are other districts that are comperable.

Sure a football stadium is nice to look at and can be very functional for playoff games etc.......but really we are talking about something that gets used as a minority percentage of all facilities of a school district.

Just food for thought---can you over build in a market place? IDK

Matthew328
03-30-2012, 09:46 AM
is there like a fine arts facility attatched to the stadium?? I'm sure that'll get plenty of use as well....