PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville - really??????

Pages : [1] 2

I_DONT_CARE
03-21-2012, 07:44 PM
WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE - THE NEXT COMING OF BROWNWOOD????? :rolleyes:

WHO CARES? :rolleyes: :sleeping:

Lion70
03-22-2012, 02:31 AM
There the Champions cause they came from bug bad 4A. Which won't happen . The Last team to drop from 4a and win 3A Divison 1 State Championship was in 2010 , hmm forgot their name lol.

Ville-D
03-22-2012, 12:01 PM
The Last team to drop from 4a and win 3A Division 1 State Championship was in 2010

So you are saying there is a chance?

Lion70
03-22-2012, 12:10 PM
So you are saying there is a chance?

Yes kilgore Lamarque el campo houston yates all have a shot

Txbroadcaster
03-22-2012, 12:14 PM
There the Champions cause they came from bug bad 4A. Which won't happen . The Last team to drop from 4a and win 3A Divison 1 State Championship was in 2010 , hmm forgot their name lol.

funny how the team that dropped and won was a below average 4A team..just shows, it is not about the class your in, but the talent. Henderson caught the perfect storm

Gsquared
03-22-2012, 12:16 PM
funny how the team that dropped and won was a below average 4A team..just shows, it is not about the class your in, but the talent. Henderson caught the perfect storm
Yep, what would happen if say R.L. Turner dropped? Nothing much.

toddg
03-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Yep, what would happen if say R.L. Turner dropped? Nothing much.

vanilla ice would be po'd!!

Gsquared
03-22-2012, 12:29 PM
vanilla ice would be po'd!!
Dude, R.L Turner wouldnt need a band, Vanilla could BE the band. Think of all the money they would save if Ice would help his alma mater out. Just like Johnny Trigg should cook for the Alvarado concesion stand! hahahaha

toddg
03-22-2012, 12:32 PM
dude, r.l turner wouldnt need a band, vanilla could be the band. Think of all the money they would save if ice would help his alma mater out. Just like johnny trigg should cook for the alvarado concesion stand! Hahahaha

lol!!!

Lion70
03-22-2012, 12:34 PM

They were competive to say the least @ 5-5 losing close games, but 2010 was a talented team with lots of heart. It was earned and nobody rolled over and died cause we were 4A.

LIONS#1
03-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Saw Vanilla ice on Dr.Drew Celebrity rehab re-run...:):1popcorn:

Ville-D
03-22-2012, 09:31 PM
So 3a gurus....

In the past 3 or 4 realignments what teams have dropped down from 4a to 3a and made an impact the first year?

Emerson1
03-22-2012, 10:22 PM
It's about being able to keep your players who are 16-18 years old level headed. Everyone is telling the Stephenville players that 3A is going to be a cake walk. That's leads to a little less effort in the off-season.

waterboy
03-23-2012, 07:33 AM
It's about being able to keep your players who are 16-18 years old level headed. Everyone is telling the Stephenville players that 3A is going to be a cake walk. That's leads to a little less effort in the off-season.
Boy, are they in for a surprise......:)

Matthew328
03-23-2012, 07:38 AM
Henderson has really been the only one to drop recently that I can think of that made a big impact.....Brownwood flopped in year one..Palestine had a real good first year and then has been average since....Jasper and WOS were real good in years one and two but have kind of fallen off..think they may have been 5 realignments since dropping...it's been six since Everman dropped and made a big impact

waterboy
03-23-2012, 08:26 AM
I do think Stephenville and La Marque will be deep playoff teams next year, but I definitely know the perennial playoff teams in 3A can matchup with them. It's a tough road to hold to win a state championship no matter which classification you're in. You not only have to have talent, skill, depth, coaching, etc., but a lack of key injuries, too.

nobogey72
03-23-2012, 08:34 AM
I do think Stephenville and La Marque will be deep playoff teams next year, but I definitely know the perennial playoff teams in 3A can matchup with them. It's a tough road to hold to win a state championship no matter which classification you're in. You not only have to have talent, skill, depth, coaching, etc., but a lack of key injuries, too.

I always thought the saying was " a tough row to hoe". Is is really " road to hold"? I always thought Jimi Hendrix was saying "kiss this guy" also.

NastySlot
03-23-2012, 08:39 AM
I always thought the saying was " a tough row to hoe". Is is really " road to hold"? I always thought Jimi Hendrix was saying "kiss this guy" also.

not too sure but it might actually be both. One base on farming and the other more of a military statement.

MGAR
03-23-2012, 08:56 AM
I keep it simple.

To me it's a "tough ho to plow"....

BEAST
03-23-2012, 09:32 AM
I keep it simple.

To me it's a "tough ho to plow"....

LOL, that is for sure it.

I do believe it is "a tough row to hoe"

BEAST

waterboy
03-23-2012, 10:09 AM
not too sure but it might actually be both. One base on farming and the other more of a military statement.
This is true. As the son of a former Marine DI, that's just the way I've always heard it. Funny play on words by the other posters, though. They knew what I meant either way.

regaleagle
03-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Definitely, it is a tough row to hoe, anyway you say it.

toddg
03-23-2012, 11:46 AM

both programs have held that road many times before with 9 SCs between them the last 20 years....but, your right, it wont be easy.

j_dog
03-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Henderson has really been the only one to drop recently that I can think of that made a big impact.....Brownwood flopped in year one..Palestine had a real good first year and then has been average since....Jasper and WOS were real good in years one and two but have kind of fallen off..think they may have been 5 realignments since dropping...it's been six since Everman dropped and made a big impact
and Jasper also in year 3, 2004 lost to Gilmer in state finals. 47-49

but yes, after that they have just about disappeared.

Txbroadcaster
03-24-2012, 02:14 AM
They were competive to say the least @ 5-5 losing close games, but 2010 was a talented team with lots of heart. It was earned and nobody rolled over and died cause we were 4A.

no they werent..they got DESTROYED by a good 3a team in Navasota. they played close agianst Carthage but that is a rivalry game...they beat a 3-7 Mt PLeasant a 5-6 Kilgore who gave up 70 agianst Gilmer..a 2-8 Nac a 3-A Atlanta who was 3-7 and a 3-7 Hallsville.

They also lost to a bad Whitehouse team

There won't be less effort from Stephenville players. They probably outwork every team on a daily basis. Stephenville season is 4 years long. If you kids take breaks and don't stay hitting weights they are behind already. If they don't volunteer to work year around on conditioning they are more behind. Our kids do more on their own that most teams do total. Work ethic is not a problem in the VILLE.

ccmom
03-24-2012, 07:55 AM
There won't be less effort from Stephenville players. They probably outwork every team on a daily basis. Stephenville season is 4 years long. If you kids take breaks and don't stay hitting weights they are behind already. If they don't volunteer to work year around on conditioning they are more behind. Our kids do more on their own that most teams do total. Work ethic is not a problem in the VILLE. :rolleyes: No other team in the state works nearly this hard, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

zebrablue2
03-24-2012, 07:55 AM
There won't be less effort from Stephenville players. They probably outwork every team on a daily basis. Stephenville season is 4 years long. If you kids take breaks and don't stay hitting weights they are behind already. If they don't volunteer to work year around on conditioning they are more behind. Our kids do more on their own that most teams do total. Work ethic is not a problem in the VILLE.

:clap:

Emerson1
03-24-2012, 09:45 AM
:rolleyes: No other team in the state works nearly this hard, I'm sure. :rolleyes:
Also every single player on the team has never smoked a cigarette or had a sip of alcohol.

Pendragon13
03-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Also every single player on the team has never smoked a cigarette or had a sip of alcohol.And every player has a strict diet of fruits, vegetables, lean meat and protein shakes. Also, "movie night" means watching game film from the past season...right before they bed down at precisely 9pm.:clap:

Manso/V8
03-24-2012, 11:27 AM
And every player has a strict diet of fruits, vegetables, lean meat and protein shakes. Also, "movie night" means watching game film from the past season...right before they bed down at precisely 9pm.:clap:

I know there is a lot of farming and dairies in the area. Do they haul square bale hay for "fun" (and refuse compensation) during the summer months?

Txbroadcaster
03-24-2012, 01:43 PM
And every player has a strict diet of fruits, vegetables, lean meat and protein shakes. Also, "movie night" means watching game film from the past season...right before they bed down at precisely 9pm.:clap:

whoa whoa whoa...maybe 9 on the weekend..7:30 on school nights

catfish
03-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Actually the saying is "he has the long row to hoe",comes from the days of chopping cotton with a hoe.Some of the rows of cotton fields were longer than others.If you were unlucky,you got those rows.I know this from personal experience,unfortunately.

the Ville 89
04-06-2012, 04:11 PM
:blahblah:

COBRAFOOTBALL
04-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Actually the saying is "he has the long row to hoe",comes from the days of chopping cotton with a hoe.Some of the rows of cotton fields were longer than others.If you were unlucky,you got those rows.I know this from personal experience,unfortunately.As long as you arent refferiing to my "HO!"

defense51
04-07-2012, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE=waterboy;1667330]This is true. As the son of a former Marine DI, that's just the way I've always heard it.
Oohrah!!!

LIONS#1
04-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Football was invented when people decided to put the equipment to use that was once used to protect people from Stephenville Yellerjackets:lies:

LIONS#1
04-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Stephenville Yellerjackets don't play "hide-and-seek." they play "hide-and-pray-I-don't-find-you."

wIn-5!!:hairpunk:

LIONS#1
04-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Stephenville Yellerjackets is the reason Waldo is hiding.:helpme:
wIn-5

regaleagle
04-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Is that Emerson's cousin???

JacketSwarm
04-12-2012, 10:59 AM
wow great thread. good to see all the talk. i just found this site about 2 weeks ago and have enjoyed all the reading and thought i would finally chime in.

i guess since talk is cheap you should take this for whats its worth:

i dont see any 3a team out there that will be able to beat the Stephenville Yellow Jackets next year. period.

fire away.

Tejastrue
04-12-2012, 11:15 AM
wow great thread. good to see all the talk. i just found this site about 2 weeks ago and have enjoyed all the reading and thought i would finally chime in.

i dont see any 3a team out there that will be able to beat the Stephenville Yellow Jackets next year. period.

fire away.

Can you be a little more specific?

MGAR
04-12-2012, 11:36 AM

fire away.

http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/fail.gif

JacketSwarm
04-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Can you be a little more specific?

the past 3 years our only playoff competition has be aledo. (and you know how that turned out for us.) if we had stayed 4a then i believe we would be a top 5 d2 team this year with a great shot at finally getting over the aledo hump. we are only losing a couple of real offensive impact players and have a huge pool of kids that will be stepping in. we are set at qb, rb and wr - our offense will be a force. our defense will be reloading starting at the top with a new defensive coordinator. they will get the kinks worked out and gel during the predistrict games and be ready to roll by the time district starts. most of you have not seen us play the past few years and seem to be basing your predictions for us on how other 4a drop-down teams have done in the past. we are not burnwood or wos or jasper or henderson; that's just not a very intelligent argument. we have a great community; great fans; great coaches; great players and a great team.

I know us and i think that those of you lumping us in the the 4a flops from the past will be surprised.

fire away.

JacketSwarm
04-12-2012, 12:15 PM
http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/fail.gif

great point, you should be proud. try a little harder

fire away

Old Tiger
04-12-2012, 12:22 PM
I like the Kyle Park song Leaving Stephenville. That is all I have to add to this subject.

GrTigers6
04-12-2012, 12:26 PM
I like the Kyle Park song Leaving Stephenville. That is all I have to add to this subject.Kind of like the old song. "Lubbock in my rearview mirror" by mac davis i believe

Old Tiger
04-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Kind of like the old song. "Lubbock in my rearview mirror" by mac davis i believeBut this is a thread about Stephenville you should post that fact in this thread http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?117821-Way-to-go-Lubbock-TX

Ville-D
04-12-2012, 12:44 PM
I like the Kyle Park song Leaving Stephenville. That is all I have to add to this subject.

That is a good song - it doesn't mean anything negative for Stephenville. A lot of Texas Country singers play around here... and a few write songs about the place.

Old Tiger
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM
That is a good song - it doesn't mean anything negative for Stephenville. A lot of Texas Country singers play around here... and a few write songs about the place.I got a couple of buddies who live over there. Also got my application in to FMC.

Ville-D
04-12-2012, 12:46 PM
I got a couple of buddies who live over there. Also got my application in to FMC.

I have a few connections at FMC...

Old Tiger
04-12-2012, 12:49 PM
I have a few connections at FMC...oh yeah? PM a brotha or brothER whichever

LH Panther Mom
04-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Also got my application in to FMC.
Wow! That's a name I haven't thought of in a while.

LH Panther Mom
04-12-2012, 07:22 PM

:1popcorn:

JacketSwarm
04-12-2012, 08:27 PM

thats it? your thoughts? :blahblah:

Tejastrue
04-12-2012, 11:23 PM
the past 3 years our only playoff competition has be aledo. (and you know how that turned out for us.) if we had stayed 4a then i believe we would be a top 5 d2 team this year with a great shot at finally getting over the aledo hump. we are only losing a couple of real offensive impact players and have a huge pool of kids that will be stepping in. we are set at qb, rb and wr - our offense will be a force. our defense will be reloading starting at the top with a new defensive coordinator. they will get the kinks worked out and gel during the predistrict games and be ready to roll by the time district starts. most of you have not seen us play the past few years and seem to be basing your predictions for us on how other 4a drop-down teams have done in the past. we are not burnwood or wos or jasper or henderson; that's just not a very intelligent argument. we have a great community; great fans; great coaches; great players and a great team.

I know us and i think that those of you lumping us in the the 4a flops from the past will be surprised.

fire away.

I'd have to look it up to see how you guys did, never kept up. I really don't care for high school sports other than 3A.. and in my opinion the best classification there is. It's great to believe in your team. I think you'll find that most all who post here are proud of their community, their people, coaches and team and remain that way through the good and the bad times. That includes Brownwood, WOS, and Henderson. Not sure if we have any Jasper people here but I'm sure they'd feel the same. What's your screen name ...Jackets warm? Heck man, why are you wearing a jacket this time of year? If you're gonna make a claim like that then maybe you should tell us just exactly how many 3A teams you have seen "out there"...and list some names. We'll go from there.

Txbroadcaster
04-13-2012, 01:28 AM
on

fire away.

Region 1 4A outside of Ville, Aledo and Everman( and Rider maybe) has been VERY VERY weak..going deep in that region in 4A does not mean alot

defense51
04-13-2012, 03:27 AM
I'd have to look it up to see how you guys did, never kept up. I really don't care for high school sports other than 3A.. and in my opinion the best classification there is. It's great to believe in your team. I think you'll find that most all who post here are proud of their community, their people, coaches and team and remain that way through the good and the bad times. That includes Brownwood, WOS, and Henderson. Not sure if we have any Jasper people here but I'm sure they'd feel the same. What's your screen name ...Jackets warm? Heck man, why are you wearing a jacket this time of year? If you're gonna make a claim like that then maybe you should tell us just exactly how many 3A teams you have seen "out there"...and list some names. We'll go from there.The jacket may be due to the fact that yellowjackets are slow and un-coordinated in cold weather, just about the time playoffs roll around... just an observation. The only game I've seen the Ville play in the last 5 years was against Aledo last year in the playoffs. They did not look good against the run at all. I'm taking into consideration who was running for Aledo, but it didn't look like they could have stopped any strong running team.

We held JG in check and did a good job against the run. Last years game was ugly and that happens to every team. If we play that way against any good 3A team deep in the playoffs will have the same results. I do like Stephenville chances to go very deep in the playoffs and a good chance to play for a Championship.
We are not all talk thats for sure and will send some teams home. To win State everything has to be perfect and the worlds not a perfect place. Many teams at all levels expected to win a championship have failed. I do like our chances and I think playing a tough schedule going in and the easy district with a week 10 bye and a first round bye (I think) we should be healthy and ready to go starting in second round. Sound reasonable?:helpme:

Our kids are hard working and hungry better get ready.

regaleagle
04-13-2012, 07:32 AM
I think most of the regular posters on here will agree Stephenville will be a very competitive addition to the 3A landscape in football. We do not argue that point. We do, however, look forward to the time when the Jackets will get their clock cleaned by one of our 3A playoff teams. Then you will be able to post at will in answer to the avalanche of responses to all your earlier braggadocious claims about unstoppable the Jackets are gonna be. Just ask Rocket, and he will tell you how that works.

jason
04-13-2012, 07:54 AM
I think playing a tough schedule going in and the easy district with a week 10 bye and a first round bye (I think)

there are no byes in the playoffs - sville will have week 10 as their official open week though

Yeah thats what i said. notice the help!!!:rolleyes: thanks for that. Seems like to me that week is a bye I guess its just the seeding that makes it seem that way. So basketball #1 seed is a bye?

regaleagle
04-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Depends on the draw. Usually, the district winner does get a bye in basketball. I don't know if that is true in all districts, but I think Argyle has been drawing first-round byes every year.

toddg
04-13-2012, 09:22 AM
We held JG in check and did a good job against the run. Last years game was ugly and that happens to every team. If we play that way against any good 3A team deep in the playoffs will have the same results. I do like Stephenville chances to go very deep in the playoffs and a good chance to play for a Championship.
We are not all talk thats for sure and will send some teams home. To win State everything has to be perfect and the worlds not a perfect place. Many teams at all levels expected to win a championship have failed. I do like our chances and I think playing a tough schedule going in and the easy district with a week 10 bye and a first round bye (I think) we should be healthy and ready to go starting in second round. Sound reasonable?:helpme:

the jackets held aledo to 300 yds. rushing...good job!:cool:

jason
04-13-2012, 09:24 AM
the jackets held aledo to 300 yds. rushing...good job!:cool:
it's funny, the previous 4 times they played aledo (before last season) they actually held jonathan gray to fairly low numbers, but lost...
in week 0 last year, jonathan gray went crazy, but stephenville managed to sneak out a win...
the playoff game was just embarrassing...

ctown81
04-13-2012, 09:33 AM

Great post! 3A is no joke and one bad game by Stephenville deep in the playoffs can have them sitting at home. All the pressure is on them this year b/c the media and message boards will crown them champs before the season ends (no fault to the players at all). I'm looking forward to the potential carthage matchup who would have been favored had not Stephenville had dropped down.

hollywood
04-13-2012, 09:45 AM
The jacket may be due to the fact that yellowjackets are slow and un-coordinated in cold weather, just about the time playoffs roll around... just an observation. The only game I've seen the Ville play in the last 5 years was against Aledo last year in the playoffs. They did not look good against the run at all. I'm taking into consideration who was running for Aledo, but it didn't look like they could have stopped any strong running team.

They would have crushed Alvarado. Just an observation from watching both play last year.

44INAROW
04-13-2012, 10:04 AM

fire away.

LHPM - I think we need to archieve this one for sure........... :ditto:

44INAROW
04-13-2012, 10:05 AM
I think most of the regular posters on here will agree Stephenville will be a very competitive addition to the 3A landscape in football. We do not argue that point. We do, however, look forward to the time when the Jackets will get their clock cleaned by one of our 3A playoff teams. Then you will be able to post at will in answer to the avalanche of responses to all your earlier braggadocious claims about unstoppable the Jackets are gonna be. Just ask Rocket, and he will tell you how that works.

:ditto:

Sville
04-13-2012, 10:05 AM
on

Region 1 4A outside of Ville, Aledo and Everman( and Rider maybe) has been VERY VERY weak..going deep in that region in 4A does not mean alot

Not so fast my friend. Region 1 has been well represented the last 3 years.
2011: Aledo- state champs, Midway- state finalist
2010: Aledo- state champs, Denton Ryan- state finalist
2009: Aledo- state champs.

Matthew328
04-13-2012, 10:15 AM
The addition of the Waco area schools made 4A Region 1 better...

defense51
04-13-2012, 12:04 PM
They would have crushed Alvarado. Just an observation from watching both play last year. It's possible but not probable. Aledo didn't have a defense to crush Alvarado in my opinion, they put up big numbers on offense but gave up plenty on defense also. However we'll never know, so it's merely speculation... Chapel Hill with all of their D1 recruits did not crush Alvarado, so what is your observation based on?

JacketSwarm
04-13-2012, 12:58 PM
LHPM - I think we need to archieve this one for sure........... :ditto:

archive this:

i am not afraid to put it out there. Stephenville Yellow Jackets will win state in 3a in 2012. MARK IT. i know the rest of you Stephenville backers will dance around the subject but i'm not afraid to put it out there and start the buzz.

fire away

Ed

JacketSwarm
04-13-2012, 12:59 PM
It's possible but not probable. Aledo didn't have a defense to crush Alvarado in my opinion, they put up big numbers on offense but gave up plenty on defense also. However we'll never know, so it's merely speculation... Chapel Hill with all of their D1 recruits did not crush Alvarado, so what is your observation based on?

i don't think he was talking about aledo.

Txbroadcaster
04-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Not so fast my friend. Region 1 has been well represented the last 3 years.
2011: Aledo- state champs, Midway- state finalist
2010: Aledo- state champs, Denton Ryan- state finalist
2009: Aledo- state champs.

2010 DR in the play offs beat a 4-7 team... 10-2 that basically only played El Paso teams..beat a Midway team that in their two play off wins played teams a combined 12-8..beat a 9-5 Rider and a 11-4 Wylie...again none of those are OMG powers

midway in the play-offs beat a 6-5 team..7-5 team...good win agianst 12-1 DR..BEAT A wf rider who barely beat an average 3A team in Kennedale(28-21) and lost to a 6-5 Little Elm

So again 4A region 1 over the last few years have had 3-4 good teams but not a deep region by any means

44INAROW
04-13-2012, 01:11 PM
archive this:

i am not afraid to put it out there. Stephenville Yellow Jackets will win state in 3a in 2012. MARK IT. i know the rest of you Stephenville backers will dance around the subject but i'm not afraid to put it out there and start the buzz.

fire away

Ed
you got it Buster Brown.......
oh and Lighten UP Francis :hand:

oh and I_DONT_CARE - Thanks for getting a fun thread going... :)

JacketSwarm
04-13-2012, 01:15 PM
The jacket may be due to the fact that yellowjackets are slow and un-coordinated in cold weather, just about the time playoffs roll around... just an observation.

lets see how you feel about the Jackets on 10-20-2012. especially when the Jackets roll the indians in their own house. too bad you can not go d1 too so we could send you packing in those cold months too.

Bullaholic
04-13-2012, 01:20 PM
archive this:

fire away

Ed

Ding--Ding, we have a winner of the "Rocket 2012" award ladies and gentlemen....and it should be fun with JacketSwarm...

defense51
04-13-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't think either would have "crushed" Alvarado. Question for the Stephenville posters- Who is your HC and how long have the OC, DC been at Stephenville? Give me a little background on the staff if possible.

Matthew328
04-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Gillespie has been the HC since 2009...his first year they got to the quarters and lost to Everman....second year they lost in OT to Aledo...third and fourth year they lost to Aledo in the quarters..

Stephenville will have a new DC....their prior DC Kevin Wilson was hired as HC at Terrell recently

defense51
04-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks Matt.

Sville
04-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Matt, Coach G took over in 2008.

Coach Gillespie graduated from Sville in 1990 playing under Coach Briles. He went on to star at LB for Angelo State. His first job was at Kennedale I believe. He was only there 1 or 2 years before landing a job on Briles' staff in 1996 as a defensive position coach. He has been here ever since. He was promoted in the spring of 2008 when Chad Morris left to take over Lake Travis. Greg Winder is the OC and QB coach here at Sville. Gillespie hired him when he took over, I believe Coach Winder came from McKinney North. Coach Winder's dad Dick Winder was a long time HS and college coach putting 41 years in the profession. Coach Wilson is the first varsity coach to leave Gillespie's staff since he took over the program. Although Coach Wilson held the title of DC Coach Gillespie calls the defensive fronts and Wilson called the secondary.

Jackets record since Gillespie took over.
2008: 10-4 Qtr Finalist
2009: 8-3 Area Finalist
2010: 8-6 Qtr. Finalist
2011: 11-3 Qtr. Finalist

defense51
04-13-2012, 03:02 PM
I was wondering if any of the coaches were still there from Coach Briles era, that was an excellent program to start your coaching career in.

Matthew328
04-13-2012, 03:06 PM
I am off by a year...being in Canda has thrown me off...I think there's a couple of guys on staff who either coached with or played wit Briles...there's some Chad Morris staff guys there also

GrTigers6
04-13-2012, 03:07 PM
I was wondering if any of the coaches were still there from Coach Briles era, that was an excellent program to start your coaching career in.One of them only went 35 miles away. Here!

defense51
04-13-2012, 03:34 PM
lets see how you feel about the Jackets on 10-20-2012. especially when the Jackets roll the indians in their own house. too bad you can not go d1 too so we could send you packing in those cold months too.
I'm sure I'll feel the same way regardless of the outcome of the game in October.

Ville-D
04-13-2012, 04:08 PM
you got it Buster Brown.......
oh and Lighten UP Francis :hand:

oh and I_DONT_CARE - Thanks for getting a fun thread going... :)

Wow the fun it getting started. I cant wait till the season kicks off.

140 days till kickoff. Tick Tock.

cowboyandchrist
04-13-2012, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=JacketSwarm;1670291]archive this:

Let me be one of the first, The Beast from the East will give you all you want. If the Dawgs make it to the championship game, I don't care who they face they will win the game. If you study the Dawgs history since coach S got there, you will see that the Dawgs get better every game they play. I have never I mean never seen a coach get his team on a different level from non district, to district, to 1st play off game, to the next game and so on. I have watched it now for five years and it still bedazzles me how he can do that. Most teams get better, but they reach a level at some point in time during the season and they just out play everybody. Carthage gets better from one game to the next. I hope the Dawgs make it and the Ville will be the team they face. Jerry's world will be packed for that game.

Gone Fishing
04-13-2012, 09:42 PM

Coach Gillespie graduated from Sville in 1990 playing under Coach Briles. He went on to star at LB for Angelo State. His first job was at Kennedale I believe. He was only there 1 or 2 years before landing a job on Briles' staff in 1996 as a defensive position coach. He has been here ever since. He was promoted in the spring of 2008 when Chad Morris left to take over Lake Travis. Greg Winder is the OC and QB coach here at Sville. Gillespie hired him when he took over, I believe Coach Winder came from McKinney North. Coach Winder's dad Dick Winder was a long time HS and college coach putting 41 years in the profession. Coach Wilson is the first varsity coach to leave Gillespie's staff since he took over the program. Although Coach Wilson held the title of DC Coach Gillespie calls the defensive fronts and Wilson called the secondary.

Not all that impressive, is it. I'll take Nelms record in Wimberley .......

JacketSwarm
04-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Let me be one of the first, The Beast from the East will give you all you want. If the Dawgs make it to the championship game, I don't care who they face they will win the game. If you study the Dawgs history since coach S got there, you will see that the Dawgs get better every game they play. I have never I mean never seen a coach get his team on a different level from non district, to district, to 1st play off game, to the next game and so on. I have watched it now for five years and it still bedazzles me how he can do that. Most teams get better, but they reach a level at some point in time during the season and they just out play everybody. Carthage gets better from one game to the next. I hope the Dawgs make it and the Ville will be the team they face. Jerry's world will be packed for that game.

Stephenville vs the big bad east. give me the Yellow Jackets against any of the teams from the least. i hadn't kept up much but from reading your post... carthage must be the 5 time undefeated 3a state champ? but didn't i read somewhere that they went 9-4 last year? how could that be... them being so great and all. btw, has that new kid y'all recruited punched any coaches there yet? seems like a great addition to your team. hope we get to play you, it will be fun to see you get your eyes opened.

fire away.

JacketSwarm
04-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Not all that impressive, is it. I'll take Nelms record in Wimberley .......

it is good considering who we played. we don't all play a cupcake 3a schedule. although this year we get to start one about week 6.

JacketSwarm
04-13-2012, 10:35 PM
oh and be sure and archive those

signed,

buster brown

fire away

JacketSwarm
04-13-2012, 10:36 PM

Gillespie is a good coach. i'd follow him into battle any day.

cowboyandchrist
04-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Stephenville vs the big bad east. give me the Yellow Jackets against any of the teams from the least. i hadn't kept up much but from reading your post... carthage must be the 5 time undefeated 3a state champ? but didn't i read somewhere that they went 9-4 last year? how could that be... them being so great and all. btw, has that new kid y'all recruited punched any coaches there yet? seems like a great addition to your team. hope we get to play you, it will be fun to see you get your eyes opened.

fire away.
You do know that the Dawgs started 9 sophmores and went 3 rounds deep and no not 5 time champs, but 3 time back to back to back champs. The new addition you inquired about is doing just fine under Coach S, if we play the Ville, you will find out how GOOD the new monster DT 6' 4" 280 4.7 40 is.

defense51
04-13-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm beginning to think jacketswarm is really lions88...

ctown81
04-15-2012, 01:24 PM
but didn't i read somewhere that they went 9-4 last year? how could that be... them being so great and all. fire away.

Since you're new to 3A let me explain. No one in east texas cares about an undefeated season. All we care about is championships. Our coaches use predistrict to figure out how to position the team come playoff time. Ask anyone on 3ADL whether they like us or not and they will tell you that it's a huge mistake to go by record. Besides if Stephenville was in 16 3A this year. No way they come out undefeated.

defense51
04-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Since you're new to 3A let me explain. No one in east texas cares about an undefeated season. All we care about is championships. Our coaches use predistrict to figure out how to position the team come playoff time. Ask anyone on 3ADL whether they like us or not and they will tell you that it's a huge mistake to go by record. Besides if Stephenville was in 16 3A this year. No way they come out undefeated.
Nor would they have been undefeated in any of the last 4 years if they were 16-3A.

JacketSwarm
04-15-2012, 05:05 PM
You do know that the Dawgs started 9 sophmores

that is a little sad

Txbroadcaster
04-15-2012, 05:07 PM
that is a little sad

seem like a couple of years a ago or so Aledo started a bunch of sophs and that worked well in 4a

defense51
04-15-2012, 05:17 PM
that is a little sad
Considering the success they had starting 9 sophomores I'm not sure what's sad, especially the experience gained and the potential for success over the next couple of years.

Ville-D
04-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Considering the success they had starting 9 sophomores I'm not sure what's sad, especially the experience gained and the potential for success over the next couple of years.

We had a few successful Sophomores here.

JacketSwarm
04-15-2012, 05:49 PM
seem like a couple of years a ago or so Aledo started a bunch of sophs and that worked well in 4a

only started 4 sophs that year from what i remember. wilson, bishop, mann, and gray and they won a sc. not a close comparison.

fire away

Ville-D
04-15-2012, 08:03 PM

Manso/V8
04-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Coach Winder's dad Dick Winder
I wonder if the the kids thought that was a funny name.

Tejastrue
04-15-2012, 09:59 PM
it is good considering who we played. we don't all play a cupcake 3a schedule. although this year we get to start one about week 6.

We got you some cupcakes... :evillol:

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4934247927775627&id=5280a5f9e4a1eb6834088cc844c3132b

Gone Fishing
04-15-2012, 10:27 PM

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4934247927775627&id=5280a5f9e4a1eb6834088cc844c3132b

Now thats funny

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Ville-D
04-15-2012, 11:06 PM

Funny

Sville
04-16-2012, 01:01 PM
I saw Chuck Norris at the fieldhouse today asking Coach Gillespie for work out tips after watching off-season.

Bullaholic
04-16-2012, 01:29 PM
I saw Chuck Norris at the fieldhouse today asking Coach Gillespie for work out tips after watching off-season.

You guys had better be running to Mineral Wells and back everyday, using dozers for blocking sleds, and watching the movie "300" several times now that you are in a real classification where everybody is tough, not just a few ,and whole towns come to watch....:D

jason
04-16-2012, 01:31 PM
You guys had better be running to Mineral Wells everyday, using dozers for blocking sleds, and watching the movie "300" several times now that you are in a real classification where everybody is tough, not just a few ,and whole towns come to watch....:D
i have noticed that stephenville's attendance isn't as good as what some locals advertise - their reserved section was only full for the brownwood game, otherwise there were plenty of empty seats.
they don't travel that well either for regular season games - that is just my observation the last 2-3 seasons...

Tejastrue
04-16-2012, 01:36 PM

Total Gyms for everyone!! :cheerl:

Bullaholic
04-16-2012, 01:51 PM
i have noticed that stephenville's attendance isn't as good as what some locals advertise - their reserved section was only full for the brownwood game, otherwise there were plenty of empty seats.
they don't travel that well either for regular season games - that is just my observation the last 2-3 seasons...

I'm betting Jacket fans will be there in numbers at the start of this season, jason, because they smell a real chance at a 3A SC---if they drop one early---then who knows what effect that will have on attendance.

defense51
04-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Probably asking on behalf of Christie Brinkley his total gym partner...

Ranger Mom
04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Ding--Ding, we have a winner of the "Rocket 2012" award ladies and gentlemen....and it should be fun with JacketSwarm...

What poster was it back in the day that said "fire away" quite a bit at the end of his post?

I can't remember, but when I saw that, it made me gag a little!! Just wish I could remember who said it!!

Sville
04-17-2012, 04:33 PM

I agree. The can fans had gotten to where the only turn out in force for Aledo and Brownwood. Attendance really started suffering Jason when we were taken out the regional district with Brownwood, Granbury, Mineral Wells,,,,,ect. I think back then everyone knew someone from those places so it made the games more fun instead of playing district games in Mansfield or Killeen on a Thursday night. But you are right the fans don't turn out like they used too.

pirate4state
04-17-2012, 04:34 PM
What poster was it back in the day that said "fire away" quite a bit at the end of his post?

I can't remember, but when I saw that, it made me gag a little!! Just wish I could remember who said it!!

chief wasn't it?

Ville-D
04-17-2012, 05:06 PM
I agree. The can fans had gotten to where the only turn out in force for Aledo and Brownwood. Attendance really started suffering Jason when we were taken out the regional district with Brownwood, Granbury, Mineral Wells,,,,,ect. I think back then everyone knew someone from those places so it made the games more fun instead of playing district games in Mansfield or Killeen on a Thursday night. But you are right the fans don't turn out like they used too.

We'll see how it is this year. I'll be there doing my part.

Emerson1
04-17-2012, 05:23 PM

was it g$$ or b44?

LH Panther Mom
04-17-2012, 05:51 PM
was it b44?
That's what I was thinking. :ack!:

Manso/V8
04-17-2012, 09:25 PM

Maybe 3A will teach the jacket fans something about the complete picture of small town Texas high school football.....or is there just too many other things going on in town with the college, etc?

Gone Fishing
04-17-2012, 09:27 PM

I think I remember

Manso/V8
04-17-2012, 09:30 PM

Looks like the 'Dawgs decorated those cupcakes in a special way for the yeller jackets. There is a message here.....maybe 3A won't taste as good they think it will!

JacketSwarm
04-17-2012, 10:20 PM
keep on firing you might hit something eventually.

Old Tiger
04-17-2012, 10:49 PM
g$$ always wanted to fight lol like seriously meet up and fight

Manso/V8
04-17-2012, 10:54 PM

Sentences should begin with a capital letter.

JacketSwarm
04-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Sentences should begin with a capital letter.
are you sure? there are no grammar rules in football, unless they are knew tihs year.

your shot

JacketSwarm
04-17-2012, 11:02 PM
g$$ always wanted to fight lol like seriously meet up and fight

i'm a lover not a fighter

Tejastrue
04-17-2012, 11:05 PM
It appears everyone in Jacket-land feels pretty good about the move down...at least on paper...Lol...

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02/02/3708575/stephenville-drops-to-3a-resumes.html

Ville-D
04-17-2012, 11:26 PM
It appears everyone in Jacket-land feels pretty good about the move down...at least on paper...Lol...

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02/02/3708575/stephenville-drops-to-3a-resumes.html

What would you expect him to say? At least the Alvarado coach is happy. :thinking:

defense51
04-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Beware of the splatter effect!

Tejastrue
04-18-2012, 07:52 AM
What would you expect him to say? At least the Alvarado coach is happy. :thinking:

In a perfect world...let's see...I would expect him to pay homage to the reigning and perennial powerhouses of 3A football. :D

the Ville 89
04-18-2012, 07:57 AM

I believe that the distance of the away games these past two years had much to do with the fans not attending. As far as the reserved seats being empty I sure wish fans wouldn't buy them if they are going to use them, very long waiting list for reserved seats. I've been waiting for a while.

Ville-D
04-18-2012, 08:47 AM
I believe that the distance of the away games these past two years had much to do with the fans not attending. As far as the reserved seats being empty I sure wish fans wouldn't buy them if they are going to use them, very long waiting list for reserved seats. I've been waiting for a while.

I agree - on both points. How long have you been on the list for reserved seats.

Ville-D
04-18-2012, 08:56 AM
In a perfect world...let's see...I would expect him to pay homage to the reigning and perennial powerhouses of 3A football. :D

That is the bad thing about them taking one or two sentences from an interview - you never know what else was said. I bet this is what else he said:

"3a will be a huge challenge for us. We all know 3a is the most pure form of football in the state. There are many great programs that we will get a chance to compete against. I look forward to the challenge."

or something like that.

the Ville 89
04-18-2012, 09:33 AM
I agree - on both points. How long have you been on the list for reserved seats.

Over a year...:bigcry:

Sville
04-18-2012, 10:50 AM
As far as the reserved seats being empty I sure wish fans wouldn't buy them if they are going to use them, very long waiting list for reserved seats. I've been waiting for a while.

I had to inherit mine to get some. My grandad had some from when the current TSU Memorial opened.

Ville-D
04-18-2012, 10:52 AM
I had to inherit mine to get some. My grandad left me his, he got them when the current TSU Memorial opened.

Where are your seats? In the T? I'm in section E (no back).

Tejastrue
04-18-2012, 12:05 PM
That is the bad thing about them taking one or two sentences from an interview - you never know what else was said. I bet this is what else he said:

"3a will be a huge challenge for us. We all know 3a is the most pure form of football in the state. There are many great programs that we will get a chance to compete against. I look forward to the challenge."

or something like that.

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what he said. Lol.. The La Vega game should be an interesting gauge. You realize as the hype continues to grow, anything less than a SC trophy will be considered a failure.

Emerson1
04-18-2012, 12:30 PM
We always sit on the visitor's side.

Ville-D
04-18-2012, 12:40 PM
We always sit on the visitor's side.

I always wanted to sit over there and see what the can fans sounded like from there.

jason
04-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I always wanted to sit over there and see what the can fans sounded like from there.

i never really caught myself thinking 'wow they are loud'

Sville
04-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Where are your seats? In the T? I'm in section E (no back).

Section D I think, right on the 50 in row 16

hollywood
04-18-2012, 04:12 PM
i never really caught myself thinking 'wow they are loud'

I agree now... but back in the day, they were extremely loud! During pregame in '90 I was warming up on punt returns before the big show down and those friggin' can fans were making my ears ring... no joke. By the time we came out of the locker room for the game, that place was jam packed and cans were ridiculously loud. Very annoying. Always hated those things and to know that Freeman was the one who came up with the idea, is hilarious.

Sville
04-18-2012, 04:53 PM
It was actually his wife who came up with the idea.

Matthew328
04-19-2012, 12:54 PM
When Everman played there a couple of years ago they were loud..

garciap77
04-19-2012, 01:30 PM
WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE - THE NEXT COMING OF BROWNWOOD????? :rolleyes:

WHO CARES? :rolleyes: :sleeping:

:sleeping:

toddg
04-19-2012, 02:05 PM
:sleeping::sleeping:

waterboy
04-19-2012, 02:08 PM
:sleeping::sleeping::smoker::crazy::1popcorn::slee ping:

JacketSwarm
04-19-2012, 02:08 PM

how did wylie do against Stephenville the past 2 years? oh thats right they got their a$$ handed to them. so go back to sleep and dream about the day you can stay on the field with us. it will come eventually. (maybe)

your shot.

JacketSwarm
04-19-2012, 02:11 PM

same for you alvarado

Stephenville 4 - alv 0

JacketSwarm
04-19-2012, 02:12 PM
:sleeping::sleeping::smoker::crazy::1popcorn::slee ping:

you wont get a shot. you will have to ride carthages coat tails.

lol

Tejastrue
04-19-2012, 02:13 PM

Yep..kinda turned toward a patty cake direction. A long nap sounds good...:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

waterboy
04-19-2012, 02:20 PM
you wont get a shot. you will have to ride carthages coat tails.

lol
We don't ride anybody's coattails. We beat them and won the district of doom title last year. We will be D2 which is lucky for you. Although Carthage will dish out a spanking to your yellowbelly jackets just the same.....:taunt:.....IF y'all can even make it that far.:stirpot:

JacketSwarm
04-19-2012, 02:32 PM
We don't ride anybody's coattails. We beat them and won the district of doom title last year. We will be D2 which is lucky for you. Although Carthage will dish out a spanking to your yellowbelly jackets just the same.....:taunt:.....IF y'all can even make it that far.:stirpot:

its funny seeing you get so worked up. much like alvarado and wimberley and brownwood you are all happy to be d2 - you really dodged a bullet there. we will be there don't worry.

fire away

waterboy
04-19-2012, 03:03 PM
its funny seeing you get so worked up. much like alvarado and wimberley and brownwood you are all happy to be d2 - you really dodged a bullet there. we will be there don't worry.

fire away
Personally, I wish we were D1. It's a much easier road. One less game you have to win, plus most of the time D1 is weaker than D2. Stephenville dodged a bullet by not having to take the tougher road, and unfortunately will not meet several of the best teams in 3A. I'm pretty sure Carthage will be able to handle those stingerless bees of yours IF you make it that far.:cool:

Personally, I wish we were D1. It's a much easier road. One less game you have to win, plus most of the time D1 is weaker than D2. Stephenville dodged a bullet by not having to take the tougher road, and unfortunately will not meet several of the best teams in 3A. I'm pretty sure Carthage will be able to handle those stingerless bees of yours IF you make it that far.:cool:

Your lucky so we dont stick that stinger up your butt. Talk all you want not much else you can do at the moment.
Better get ready its not going to be fun.

waterboy
04-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Your lucky so we dont stick that stinger up your butt. Talk all you want not much else you can do at the moment.
Better get ready its not going to be fun.
You don't even have a stinger.......bwahahahaha. If you did I'm sure somebody in 3A would stick it up your butt, so y'all are the lucky ones. For someone who hasn't proven anything at this level you sure do talk it up. Like you said, ain't much else you can do at the moment. I think y'all are in for a rude awakening.;)

Sville
04-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Is anyone else uncomfortable with all the sticking it up your butt talk?

Who's Gilmer btw and are they any good?

waterboy
04-19-2012, 03:38 PM

Talk to your "Ville" fan about that. He seems to be fond of that kind of talk.

By the way, who's Stephenville, and are they any good? They can't be 3A because they are unknown in our classification.

Sville
04-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Talk to your "Ville" fan about that. He seems to be fond of that kind of talk.

By the way, who's Stephenville, and are they any good? They can't be 3A because they are unknown in our classification.

I was talking to both of you.

toddg
04-19-2012, 03:47 PM
:sleeping:....saving the guff for football season...

You don't even have a stinger.......bwahahahaha. If you did I'm sure somebody in 3A would stick it up your butt, so y'all are the lucky ones. For someone who hasn't proven anything at this level you sure do talk it up. Like you said, ain't much else you can do at the moment. I think y'all are in for a rude awakening.;)

Just so you know the 3A level is a step down from 4 and 5A and not just in enrollment. Dont think 3A has better teams. 16 3A District playing better than AVERAGE 5A teams would be LUCKY to win HALF at best. 3A is 3A for a reason. Teams with 800 or 900 kids cant beat good teams with 1800 or 2500 on a regular basis. Stephenville is a damn good team and could compete. 5A has the most talented teams and then 4A and then 3A. Its a numbers game just like everything else in this world.
Im not saying 3A isnt talented im saying the numbers at a big school win out almost always. (more players better chance) You cant compete when you dont have the numbers. Special teams back up players and everything else eventually win out.

waterboy
04-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Just so you know the 3A level is a step down from 4 and 5A and not just in enrollment. Dont think 3A has better teams. 16 3A District playing better than AVERAGE 5A teams would be LUCKY to win HALF at best. 3A is 3A for a reason. Teams with 800 or 900 kids cant beat good teams with 1800 or 2500 on a regular basis. Stephenville is a damn good team and could compete. 5A has the most talented teams and then 4A and then 3A. Its a numbers game just like everything else in this world.
Im not saying 3A isnt talented im saying the numbers at a big school win out almost always. (more players better chance) You cant compete when you dont have the numbers. Special teams back up players and everything else eventually win out.
Believe me, I know how it works. I was wondering if you knew. By the same reasoning, though, Stephenville is now among its peers. They will be one of the big boys on the block instead of one of the little boys on the block. Stephenville "should" do well at the 3A level, but that doesn't automatically mean you will win a title. Some 3A teams absolutely hammer some 4A teams that make deep playoffs runs. That tells me that numbers don't always tell the story, just like Stephenville playing and beating some of the better 4A teams in their area. You will find that 3A will most definitely have formidable opponents year in and year out. Welcome to 3A, where it's not "the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog". You will find it difficult to win a title no matter the classification. Unfortunately, my Buckeyes will not get the opportunity to beat your team in the foreseeable future. I'll just have to leave it up to the D1 teams to take care of it.

Believe me, I know how it works. I was wondering if you knew. By the same reasoning, though, Stephenville is now among its peers. They will be one of the big boys on the block instead of one of the little boys on the block. Stephenville "should" do well at the 3A level, but that doesn't automatically mean you will win a title. Some 3A teams absolutely hammer some 4A teams that make deep playoffs runs. That tells me that numbers don't always tell the story, just like Stephenville playing and beating some of the better 4A teams in their area. You will find that 3A will most definitely have formidable opponents year in and year out. Welcome to 3A, where it's not "the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog". You will find it difficult to win a title no matter the classification. Unfortunately, my Buckeyes will not get the opportunity to beat your team in the foreseeable future. I'll just have to leave it up to the D1 teams to take care of it.

I agree it dosent mean we will win a Title. And you make good points. It takes hard work and good coaching with some luck along the way. It dont hurt having kids willing to put in 12 hour days year around for 4 years either.

waterboy
04-19-2012, 04:37 PM
I agree it dosent mean we will win a Title. And you make good points. It takes hard work and good coaching with some luck along the way. It dont hurt having kids willing to put in 12 hour days year around for 4 years either.
This sounds like a few of the other 3A programs around East Texas. Our kids are always putting in long days of conditioning year round. Good programs do that.

I looked up Gilmer on Trip advisor app.
They have the Gilmer Inn for a Hotel. Buffet Village with 1 star for food. And Barnwell Mountain Recreation area for things to do. Now I see why football is such a big deal in Gilmer there isnt anything else to do.

waterboy
04-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I looked up Gilmer on Trip advisor app.
They have the Gilmer Inn for a Hotel. Buffet Village with 1 star for food. And Barnwell Mountain Recreation area for things to do. Now I see why football is such a big deal in Gilmer there isnt anything else to do.
Hey! We also have an Executive Inn motel, and a Whataburger! That's small town life, though, and I wouldn't have it any other way. We do a lot of hunting, fishing, and 4-wheeling in the woods, hills, and creek bottoms, too.:2thumbsup

Ville-D
04-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Fun Fun Fun.

defense51
04-19-2012, 07:30 PM
its funny seeing you get so worked up. much like alvarado and wimberley and brownwood you are all happy to be d2 - you really dodged a bullet there. we will be there as long as we don't have a playoff game in the rain. That's when we worry!!!

fire away

Fixed it for you, I knew what you were trying to say.

zebrablue2
04-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Fun Fun Fun.

till her daddy takes her T-BIRD away:smoker:

Gone Fishing
04-19-2012, 08:51 PM

fire away

Wimbreley won SC in D-1 in 05. ( you might have been in Jr High then) with 650 kid in the High school!! Easier in D1 IMO, We have played much better playoff teams since then in D2, So even though all you Stephenville homers have penciled in your state championship in "little ol 3A" at least you will have the easy road, assuming you can even make it at all.

Gone Fishing
04-19-2012, 09:04 PM

fire away

Great 3A programs can compete with 4 and 5 A programs. Just fewer of them can. But the ones that can in a given year CAN! Frankly there is a lot of crappy 4 and 5 a programs that cant play crap against TOP 3A. Yes its a numbers game, of course, DA.....

Ville-D
04-20-2012, 01:10 AM
Great 3A programs can compete with 4 and 5 A programs. Just fewer of them can. But the ones that can in a given year CAN! Frankly there is a lot of crappy 4 and 5 a programs that cant play crap against TOP 3A. Yes its a numbers game, of course, DA.....

But Stephenville is not one of the "crappy" 4a teams. Only losses came to 4a-D2 SC, 4a-D1 runner-up, and a 5a playoff team. We were a pretty good 4a team. I like our chances.

defense51
04-20-2012, 02:24 AM
Does anyone here on 3ADL have info on how many preseason #1 ranked teams have won a SC in the last 10-20 years?

waterboy
04-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Does anyone here on 3ADL have info on how many preseason #1 ranked teams have won a SC in the last 10-20 years?
I don't know how many in the last 10-20 years, but I know the last one was Gilmer in '09. They went wire-to-wire ranked #1 and won the 3A-D1 title. Talk about having a target on your back....... We still got it done, though.

regaleagle
04-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Argyle and Wimberley ended up meeting in the SC DII game last year as predicted, both undefeated. And Wimberley won as predicted by DCTF. (Argyle had a bad day).

defense51
04-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Argyle and Wimberley ended up meeting in the SC DII game last year as predicted, both undefeated. And Wimberley won as predicted by DCTF. (Argyle had a bad day).

Didn't Argyle lose to Prosper earlier in the year?

regaleagle
04-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Boy, I must be getting old, or it may have been the brewskis at the bowling alley last nite. Either way, you are 100% correctomundo. Argyle had that loss.

defense51
04-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Boy, I must be getting old, or it may have been the brewskis at the bowling alley last nite. Either way, you are 100% correctomundo. Argyle had that loss.
Well it was a very surprising loss and one you would like to forget. It was a bit of an eye opener, cause after that Argyle played some dang good football.

jason
04-20-2012, 09:19 AM
i saw argyle play twice - once on tv, once in the state finals...
they looked very average in both games...
no surprise they got beat by wimberley, they were head and shoulders above argyle, just like carthage was head and shoulders above coldspring the year before...

regaleagle
04-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Jason, I will have to disagree with you on that one, as will many fans that saw Argyle play many times last season. In the SC game, our qb played with the flu and 103 degree temperature all game, our best offensive reciever/ rb Ian Sadler went out in the first qtr after a 15 yd gain marching for a TD, and we fumbled into the end zone on the goal line(not really an Argyle trait) on another series that totally changed the complexion and outcome of the game. I don't know what other game you saw, but I can assure you they WERE the team to beat, and had a very bad day at the SC game. Wimberley played outstandiing and still had all kinds of trouble with Argyle despite our inadequacies that day. It was fortunate for Wimberley and very unfortunate for Argyle, but that doesn't take away from the quality of the team and their season. They still almost won it all.

Bullaholic
04-20-2012, 09:31 AM
no surprise they got beat by wimberley, they were head and shoulders above argyle, just like carthage was head and shoulders above coldspring the year before...

Won't argue with your right of your opinion on Argyle, but 21-14 is not "head and shoulders" above, IMO.

defense51
04-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Won't argue with your right of your opinion on Argyle, but 21-14 is not "head and shoulders" above, IMO.
I have to agree with regaleagle and Bullaholic on this one.

waterboy
04-20-2012, 09:48 AM
I'll have to disagree with you on that, too. Argyle was a better team than they showed in the championship game, but that's the breaks. They lost Sadler early in that game, and their QB was sick. It was just bad luck that came in the wrong game. I'm not making excuses, but a huge part of their game was hampered due to those factors. You can't have luck like that and beat a good team like Wimberley. Wimberley is the champion and deservedly so, however, but it "might" have been a different game had Argyle not had that bad luck.

Rocket
04-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Stephenville is going to whip everybody's ever-loving hindquarters. They will be in the state game. Will they win it? Not sure if their coach has the know-how...

cowboyandchrist
04-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Stephenville is going to whip everybody's ever-loving hindquarters. They will be in the state game. Will they win it? Not sure if their coach has the know-how...
You of all people should know how well Carthage can play. Stephenville may win it all, but my money is on the Dawgs. You had a team that hung 50 on the ville, but got beat by the Dawgs. You should know better by now.

cowboyandchrist
04-20-2012, 08:24 PM
I'll have to disagree with you on that, too. Argyle was a better team than they showed in the championship game, but that's the breaks. They lost Sadler early in that game, and their QB was sick. It was just bad luck that came in the wrong game. I'm not making excuses, but a huge part of their game was hampered due to those factors. You can't have luck like that and beat a good team like Wimberley. Wimberley is the champion and deservedly so, however, but it "might" have been a different game had Argyle not had that bad luck.
I agree with Waterboy, Argyle was every bit as good as Wimberley. It was just not suppose to be there year. The Q/B was there bread and butter, but how do you play with 103 fever. It was Wimberley's year, great win, great team.

Tejastrue
04-20-2012, 09:30 PM

It's official..Rocket has crossed over...

Tejastrue
04-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Appreciate what all you guys are saying here. I agree, Wimberley was not head and shoulders above Argyle by any form or fashion. I will add..our QB was playing with a rib injury..our LB/RB Kelly was playing with a shoulder injury, which he had surgery on after the SC game, and one of our starting safeties was out. It made me sick to see the Sadler injury not because it meant there might be excuses made for the loss but simply because of the individual himself. You hate to see this happen to any athlete, but most of all, the high school kids. Sorry, but to say we were fortunate is just a bunch of BS. We can use the would-a, could-a, should-a, all day. Remember the Blakemore flush early in the game? Should-a been a TD. Argyle kept our best reciever out of his game by questionable means. Check the video. If it's not called then it's legal right? Lol..

Gone Fishing
04-20-2012, 10:27 PM
103 degree fever the entire game? Thats alot of fever for a long time.

regaleagle
04-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Not when you body is pumping blood and the temp inside the stadium is warm. Most of the players on both sides had sweat rolling off them, so I don't think it's hard to believe that a boy that started the game at the qb position with a 103 fever and the flu would have a difficult time maintaining his high level of play. Remember how your body feels when you have the flu? Sapped. Try playing in a SC game against a defense like Wimberley's and then give the guy some credit, for heaven's sake.

Lions88
04-20-2012, 11:02 PM
The yellow jackets are going to be just like Alvarado last year and brownwood before that..Overrated.. be glad you dont actually have to play anyone in your district.. In fact, I bet you lose to Alvarado.. bunch of over confident people out west.. look who has dominated the 3A landscape the last ten years son.. this aint no cake walk.. come take your beating over here in east texas..

Tejastrue
04-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Not when you body is pumping blood and the temp inside the stadium is warm. Most of the players on both sides had sweat rolling off them, so I don't think it's hard to believe that a boy that started the game at the qb position with a 103 fever and the flu would have a difficult time maintaining his high level of play. Remember how your body feels when you have the flu? Sapped. Try playing in a SC game against a defense like Wimberley's and then give the guy some credit, for heaven's sake.

Regal, you just gave us credit as a defense. Kudos to you... but why should it be we were fortunate? Did you know that 103* temp was acceptable? Lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDnXll1zyNA&feature=player_embedded lol...

regaleagle
04-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Yeah, well I reckon so there slim, depending on what your game is. I don't think them Foreigner boys were singing about football, though.

Tejastrue
04-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Yeah, well I reckon so there slim, depending on what your game is. I don't think them Foreigner boys were singing about football, though.

Not sure where you got the name of slim...but...bottom line...you are committed to saying..we (Wimberley) were fortunate...Can I safely say this..? TBC...

regaleagle
04-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Slim's just a friendly expression, but sure, you can say I'm committed to saying AND thinking Wimberley was fortunate in that game. I'm just as committed to saying AND thinking how it was so unfortunate for Argyle. Didn't ever say I didn't think Wimberley played outstanding football, because I have on many occasions, and didn't say Wimberley didn't deserve the win...that would be ridiculous. Just stating that the much anticipated battle of Wimberley's defense against Argyle's offense was negated by some gametime occurences and never materialized. That was the most unfortunate aspect of the whole affair for Argyle and fans, and in that sense Wimberley was fortunate to not have to defend against our offense with a healthy Aune at qb and his best runner/reciever and big play threat Sadler helping. When Sadler was in the game early in the first quarter, he was helping move the chains and was one more offensive weapon Wimberley had to defend. With him gone, it was easier for Wimberley to key on Aune and Bossow. It would be like if Dennis Smith was out for the game for you guys. It would be a big loss for Wimberley and make Argyle's job on D much easier to key on the other offensive threats.

bobcat1
04-21-2012, 07:13 AM
Stephenville is going to whip everybody's ever-loving hindquarters. They will be in the state game. Will they win it? Not sure if their coach has the know-how...Bandwagoning is new for you or are you just throwing up the white flag?

Gone Fishing
04-21-2012, 11:24 AM

Credit, You kidding. He's a D1 QB! Hes got the credit. Talked to several Wimberley players and all they did is say how good he is and was and probably even better. Cracked rib and strained hampster isn't easy to play with either. 15 games takes its toll on many players on all teams all the way down the depth chart. Most you never even know about.

Tejastrue
04-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Slim's just a friendly expression, but sure, you can say I'm committed to saying AND thinking Wimberley was fortunate in that game. I'm just as committed to saying AND thinking how it was so unfortunate for Argyle. Didn't ever say I didn't think Wimberley played outstanding football, because I have on many occasions, and didn't say Wimberley didn't deserve the win...that would be ridiculous. Just stating that the much anticipated battle of Wimberley's defense against Argyle's offense was negated by some gametime occurences and never materialized. That was the most unfortunate aspect of the whole affair for Argyle and fans, and in that sense Wimberley was fortunate to not have to defend against our offense with a healthy Aune at qb and his best runner/receiver and big play threat Sadler helping. When Sadler was in the game early in the first quarter, he was helping move the chains and was one more offensive weapon Wimberley had to defend. With him gone, it was easier for Wimberley to key on Aune and Bossow. It would be like if Dennis Smith was out for the game for you guys. It would be a big loss for Wimberley and make Argyle's job on D much easier to key on the other offensive threats.

My thoughts are that even if Sadler had not been injured and Aune not been sick and if your guy had not fumbled into the end-zone and if you'd gone for it on 4th down and if you'd called better plays and if you'd worn different colored uniforms and if you had not changed your underwear or if you had not forgotten to wear your lucky socks.. we still would have won the game. We had pressure on your QB all game long and if not for his athleticism the sack total would have been in the 5-6 range. With all the heroics of Aune I can't help but feel our own QB Lambert gave the gut check performance of the game. He definitely made the two of the prettiest passes you'll ever see...cracked rib and all. How much air was under those throws? LOL...Maybe we should move this to our old SC game thread and continue this discussion so you can get this out of your system. At least we are talking about football! Sorry Stephenville folk..did not mean to hijack this thread. :D

regaleagle
04-21-2012, 12:50 PM
I think Yellowjacket fans would be interested to read these posts, actually. But you are dead wrong about your biased interpretation of the game and how things unfolded. Wimberley won that game on 3 big plays, and you know it. Actually 4 if you include the big interception, because that one may have gone for a td had Blakemore not made the interception of the year. Even the stats are skewed and don't tell the story because of those 3 big plays. And we are not even talking about not having Aune at his normal capabilities and Sadler in the game. Most fans that watched the game saw two teams evenly matched on defense and offense. Argyle's defense gave up a couple of big plays, but other than those held Wimberley in check. Wimberley's defense held Argyle's offense to it's lowest production and point total all year, but did not stop us from moving the chains most of the game. The fact that Wimberley had an outstanding defense AND Argyle was deficient offensively made the difference in the game, not that Wimberley was the better team. That's football and I accept it, but I firmly believe if Aune wasn't seriously hampered by his flu-like symptoms and Sadler was on the field, Argyle would have beat Wimberley and won the SC. This is my opinion from watching Aune and Sadler perform all year against other high-ranked teams just like Wimberley. IMO, our games against Carthage, Gilmer, and Prosper were every bit as challenging, if not moreso.

regaleagle
04-21-2012, 01:04 PM
To conclude, let me again congratulate all the fine athletes on the Wimberley Texan team and their fine Coach Nelms and great fans. I have nothing but the utmost respect for your program, your team, and your fanbase. I like your town, and would be happy to live there, but we are not talking about those issues. I don't think you have seen the last of a Wimberley-Argyle match-up in 3A football. I'm sure somewhere down the road we will meet again. Argyle bows to Wimberley...reluctantly. But we keep our chin up and walk proudly knowing we are now a force in every major sport in 3A. We will meet again.

Tejastrue
04-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Biased opinion? Heck yes I'm biased but not blind. I do know how our defense plays and Argyle moving the chains on us was not surprising. Last time I checked though it was 3 tds to 1 and you can credit those two field goals to our defense that made the plays when they had to. Even coach Shipley who helped call the game talked about that very thing in regards to Wimberley. Didn't expect "the banana in the tailpipe" quote. That was an added bonus. Lol.. I will say again, I've never seen a team mug a receiver like you guys did with Blakemore and it go uncalled. He did have the last laugh though and that play was also a result of pressure on Aune. Don't believe anyone from this town asked Argyle to bow down to Wimberley. It was great game by two great teams and it was disappointing what happened with the Argyle players. In 2010 us Wimberley folk were talking about all the injuries we had before and after our loss to Coldspring but don't believe any of us called Coldspring fortunate.

Do you have a video of our SC game? Our first score was a sustained drive of about 70 yards and another was yes, a huge pass play to Smith. Did you guys not scout us enough to know that Smith can catch a ball? All that focus on Blakemore and single coverage on Smith. Lol.. The other was an off tackle run by Wilson that was blocked to perfection. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? Sorry, no SC trophy for the yardage gained category winner. The reason I'm saying it wouldn't have mattered who Argyle had and how healthy they were is that I believe no matter how many times you scored..if the game was on the line..we would have answered. Last time I checked Aune was not on defense and Sadler probably should not have been early on after seeing Wilson bowl him over. :D This..being my most biased and humble opinion.

Gone Fishing
04-21-2012, 09:32 PM
What probably surprised me the most was how Argyle's very talented and much talked about offense line could not and repeat could not stop Wimberley from A - putting pressure all over your QB and B- stuffing the run. I remember some post before the game saying the O- line will push Wimberley all over the place. Didn't happen and small, very strong fast guys can beat big, very strong slower guys to the ball. IMO the game was won by your offensive line bad play or just not good enough players.

Texans rotation of D-line was approx 5'10' 180; 6'1" 210; 5'9" 190; 5'9' 175; 6'185; 6'3 225 and our best LB Mann at 5'8' 175, you had no answer for and that was the game difference. Ya'll couldn't score like you were used to, end of story. And by the way same thing happened to Coldspring IMO. They like yall could not score like they were used to . Wimberley had two big O plays against CS and two big O plays agains Argly and frankly thats all it took because defense wins championships.

Tejastrue
04-22-2012, 12:22 AM
What probably surprised me the most was how Argyle's very talented and much talked about offense line could not and repeat could not stop Wimberley from A - putting pressure all over your QB and B- stuffing the run. I remember some post before the game saying the O- line will push Wimberley all over the place. Didn't happen and small, very strong fast guys can beat big, very strong slower guys to the ball. IMO the game was won by your offensive line bad play or just not good enough players.

Texans rotation of D-line was approx 5'10' 180; 6'1" 210; 5'9" 190; 5'9' 175; 6'185; 6'3 225 and our best LB Mann at 5'8' 175, you had no answer for and that was the game difference. Ya'll couldn't score like you were used to, end of story. And by the way same thing happened to Coldspring IMO. They like yall could not score like they were used to . Wimberley had two big O plays against CS and two big O plays against Argyle and frankly thats all it took because defense wins championships.

I still don't know what game Regal was watching. That one drive they had to open the 2nd half was a classic smash-mouth drive but that was about it. In Coldspring's defense..they struggled in the playoffs to score points. The WOS game was suppose to be a breakout for their offense but we had an answer. Yes..our defense rose to the occasion in the playoffs. The "Little Big Men" did their job! Our defense was Taylor Made!! LOL...

Manso/V8
04-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Argyle 2011 was a fine team, but the Wimberley 2012 version was simply the better team, at least that day.......and that day was a very important one.
In the end, that is all that matters.

ogg
04-22-2012, 02:21 AM
I too wasn't impressed with Argyle's O-line, they were pistol whipped by the Texan defense the whole game. They were big, , , , , but that was about it, just big. Argyle's kick off receiving team was pathetic as well, didn't block, missed blocks, etc. I thought Aune played a very good game, could someone on this board tell me of a bad play or decision he made? Something uncharacteristic about his play brought on by the flu? I didn't see any, in fact I thought he was one of the better players that day. He made some "high school qb" errors but that's ok. Overall he looked like he handled his illness quite well.
Championships are usually won by the defense but sometimes it's the offense that shines.

regaleagle
04-22-2012, 02:37 PM
You Wimberley fans just don't understand what kind of offensive numbers and the style of play Argyle runs, obviously. Aune was Not himself that day, as his numbers will show. He was missing an integral piece, a go-to guy in Sadler. That left him only with Bossow, who Wimberley had doubled almost every play. Other recievers did catch some balls, but getting open was their nemisis. And Argyle's running game is not what got our team to the SC game. We use the spread to set up the pass. I think Wimberley's D certainly had much to do with Aune's troubles, but our offense had the best numbers in 3A going into the game. We did reel off some gains in the run game, but without an effective passing attack to compliment, it just never got going like normal. I think Wimberley is used to seeing more running-type offenses. Argyle's strength was at qb and balancing the passing with the run. The passing game was greatly limited on that day compared to our normal offensive attack because of Aune's illness and the loss of Sadler. It affected our whole offensive game plan, the way the O-line was accustomed to playing, and maybe kept the coaches from opening up the play-calling more. I thought the Argyle D played very well, though. I enjoyed the game regardless, and it was interesting to see how the coaching staff tried to counter the obstacles that occurred. But without a doubt, fans did not see the REAL Argyle offensive attack that day because of those factors coming into play. I only wish we could have played Wimberley with a Aune at full health. I understand all players are banged up that time of year. We had Bossow playing hurt, the other Bossow playing hurt at LB, our best two DBs missing the game, and some linemen with injuries that still played, just like Wimberley did. I just wanted to see Aune and Sadler play their game at full throttle, I guess. I truly believe it would have made all the difference in the outcome. This has nothing to do with the way Wimberley played their game, which was outstanding.

regaleagle
04-22-2012, 02:41 PM
I meant "we use the spread to set up the run".

Gone Fishing
04-22-2012, 03:06 PM
I still don't know what game Regal was watching. That one drive they had to open the 2nd half was a classic smash-mouth drive but that was about it. In Coldspring's defense..they struggled in the playoffs to score points. The WOS game was suppose to be a breakout for their offense but we had an answer. Yes..our defense rose to the occasion in the playoffs. The "Little Big Men" did their job! Our defense was Taylor Made!! LOL...

"Taylor" Made for sure!!!

Gone Fishing
04-22-2012, 03:13 PM
You Wimberley fans just don't understand what kind of offensive numbers and the style of play Argyle runs, obviously. Aune was Not himself that day, as his numbers will show. He was missing an integral piece, a go-to guy in Sadler. That left him only with Bossow, who Wimberley had doubled almost every play. Other recievers did catch some balls, but getting open was their nemisis. And Argyle's running game is not what got our team to the SC game. We use the spread to set up the pass. I think Wimberley's D certainly had much to do with Aune's troubles, but our offense had the best numbers in 3A going into the game. We did reel off some gains in the run game, but without an effective passing attack to compliment, it just never got going like normal. I think Wimberley is used to seeing more running-type offenses. Argyle's strength was at qb and balancing the passing with the run. The passing game was greatly limited on that day compared to our normal offensive attack because of Aune's illness and the loss of Sadler. It affected our whole offensive game plan, the way the O-line was accustomed to playing, and maybe kept the coaches from opening up the play-calling more. I thought the Argyle D played very well, though. I enjoyed the game regardless, and it was interesting to see how the coaching staff tried to counter the obstacles that occurred. But without a doubt, fans did not see the REAL Argyle offensive attack that day because of those factors coming into play. I only wish we could have played Wimberley with a Aune at full health. I understand all players are banged up that time of year. We had Bossow playing hurt, the other Bossow playing hurt at LB, our best two DBs missing the game, and some linemen with injuries that still played, just like Wimberley did. I just wanted to see Aune and Sadler play their game at full throttle, I guess. I truly believe it would have made all the difference in the outcome. This has nothing to do with the way Wimberley played their game, which was outstanding.

Darn Regal, I just read that you said Sadler is by FAR the best player to EVER play at Argle in 11 years and will be the great QB next year. Well if Aune could have played way better than he did ( I thought he was pretty good sick or not) and Sadler is by FAR the best player in 11 years then everybody better throw in the towel that plays yall next year. Hell Aune is going to TCU!

toddg
04-22-2012, 03:46 PM
as the late great Roy Orbison once so purly sang.." its over..its over..its oooooooooooveeeeeeeeerrrrr....!"

Tejastrue
04-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Outstanding effort from Adam Kahn who had a better receiving day than Bossow. I think our point is even if Aune was fine and the Sadler injury had not occurred the pressure we put on the QB all game would not have changed. I'd have to go look again but I believe there was rarely a time where he didn't have to scramble on a pass play other than a flare or screen. As strong as you feel about a different outcome the same can be said from our perspective that it would have made no difference. We will never know. Argyle is a top notch 3A program and I wish them continued success. Yes..a re-match would be well received.

Tejastrue
04-22-2012, 04:13 PM
as the late great Roy Orbison once so purly sang.." its over..its over..its oooooooooooveeeeeeeeerrrrr....!"

LOL..not much off-season 3A football talk so this is a temporary fix for me. Beats the heck out of discussing beer brands. :D Come on August! Good song by the way.

sweetwater07
04-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Boy, are they in for a surprise......:)

true story, i love 4A teams who think 3A will be a cakewalk and end up on their heels by district play.

regaleagle
04-23-2012, 05:26 AM
All it takes is a malady of mistakes or the other team hitting on all cylinders that nite, or qb that tears it up, and hello loss column. That don't even count the injury factor or questionable calls by the refs that could swing a tight game. There's just a multitude of factors in high school football that could result in the dreaded 'ol UPSET!!!

regaleagle
04-23-2012, 05:28 AM
And let's not leave out the most obvious of all....being taken to the woodshed and getting the socks beat off you. That's the one most of the posters here are talking about, anyways.

JacketSwarm
04-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Stephenville is going to whip everybody's ever-loving hindquarters. They will be in the state game.

you my friend are one very smart football guru.

Will they win it?

yes

Not sure if their coach has the know-how...

He absolutely has the know-how.

--------------------------------------

lets get this back on topic:

"Stephenville - really????"

yes, very few 3a programs in the state will even be able to stay on the field with them. at least the race for second place will be competitive.

FIRE AWAY

cowboyandchrist
04-23-2012, 06:16 PM

yes

yes, very few 3a programs in the state will even be able to stay on the field with them. at least the race for second place will be competitive.

FIRE AWAY
ONE WORD for you Carthage, remember I tried to warn you, but you would not listen.

yes

FIRE AWAY

He isnt far off. There may be a few. VERY few teams and Alverado isnt one of them.:stirpot: However it only takes one to ruin a season and send you home.

JacketSwarm
04-23-2012, 08:22 PM
ONE WORD for you Carthage, remember I tried to warn you, but you would not listen.

more like 12 words... generally when you say "ONE WORD for you" you say your one word then shut your mouth. but it seems you like to run yours.

i've got 2 words for you: FIRE AWAY!

JacketSwarm
04-23-2012, 08:44 PM
oh, and you ladies be sure and get this archived.

Tin Cup
04-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Stephenville will probably win the region every year with few exceptions. If they stay healthy, the best in 3A will be great games. I'd be surprised with anything less than final 4 when they have normal sville standards teams. The size of the lines are what keeps sville as a contender each year

Gone Fishing
04-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Damn I'm glad I love TSU, otherwise I'd be sick.

regaleagle
04-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Hey Hoss, it's one thing to win the Region 1 DI deal, it's another to get past the other region winners. That's where the game begins. You will find the Region 2 winner a worthy opponent every year, if you are lucky enough to get there. So don't go counting your chickens so fast there, unless you're a non-believer in Texas High School playoff football. And I don't believe for one moment Stephenville would be guilty of that, LOL. Go ahead and say it...you guys believe in what I 'm saying. If you don't, then get ready to be disappointed. That's all I have to say. I'm done. D-O-N-E...done.

Ville-D
04-23-2012, 10:50 PM

FIRE AWAY

That is one hot sports opinion...

sweetwater07
04-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Damn I'm glad I love TSU, otherwise I'd be sick.

no joke, when i'm on leave i call stephenville home and i'm still apalled by the arrogance of their posters

jason
04-24-2012, 08:17 AM
no joke, when i'm on leave i call stephenville home and i'm still apalled by the arrogance of their posters
not all of us are planning the parade - i saw the ass whipping they got from brownwood two seasons ago, a season where, again, stephenville went to the regional finals and couldnt get through...and brownwood wasnt even the best 3a team in the state that year either....

i have a bet with my wife's boss, he took stephenville, i gladly took the rest of the field...

ctown81
04-24-2012, 09:43 AM
oh, and you ladies be sure and get this archived.

Unfortunately I doubt the players and coaches in Stephenville are as arrogant as JacketSwarm, if so, they may be in store for an early exit.

I'm just curious Jacket, I hear what you're saying but what do you think about the coaches in Stephenville? Are they thinking the same way you are? Walking around town guaranteeing a state title.

jason
04-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Unfortunately I doubt the players and coaches in Stephenville are as arrogant as JacketSwarm, if so, they may be in store for an early exit.

I'm just curious Jacket, I hear what you're saying but what do you think about the coaches in Stephenville? Are they thinking the same way you are? Walking around town guaranteeing a state title.
they might be thinking that, but aren't saying it, which obviously is the smart thing to do.
if you ask any one of them they all basically say they are excited and that it is good timing for several sports that have good groups coming back...

ctown81
04-24-2012, 09:59 AM
they might be thinking that, but aren't saying it, which obviously is the smart thing to do.
if you ask any one of them they all basically say they are excited and that it is good timing for several sports that have good groups coming back...

I'm looking forward to it. Carthage is stacked this year and the expectations are not as high as they are for Stephenville, but they are close. If it weren't for a horrible call against Argyle could have definitely went to state. Lucky for you guys(and us) DI is the easier road so that is a good draw for you guys. Carthage will match you guys in size. Not sure about speed since I dont' know how fast you guys are.

Emerson1
04-24-2012, 10:49 AM

Maybe not the coaches, but the 16 and 17 year old kids are thinking it.

the Ville 89
04-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Maybe not the coaches, but the 16 and 17 year old kids are thinking it.

Really?!?!?! How in the heck do you know what they are thinking? I know my 15 year old isn't thinking it.

Old Tiger
04-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Really?!?!?! How in the heck do you know what they are thinking? I know my 15 year old isn't thinking it.That's because he's 15 and not 16 or 17 :nerd:

the Ville 89
04-24-2012, 12:15 PM
That's because he's 15 and not 16 or 17 :nerd:

He is on the field with all the 16 and 17 year old kids and if that is what they are thinking, they are not saying it.

Old Tiger
04-24-2012, 12:16 PM
He is on the field with all the 16 and 17 year old kids and if that is what they are thinking, they are not saying it.You are not getting the point here. He is 15 the other kids who are thinking of it are 16 and 17. One day he will grow up and think it don't worry.

the Ville 89
04-24-2012, 12:23 PM
You are not getting the point here. He is 15 the other kids who are thinking of it are 16 and 17. One day he will grow up and think it don't worry.

I get what you are saying I'm not an idiot!!! MY point being that there is not only 16 and 17 year old players on the varsity team.

Old Tiger
04-24-2012, 12:27 PM
I get what you are saying I'm not an idiot!!! MY point being that there is not only 16 and 17 year old players on the varsity team.But the 16 and 17 year old that are on varsity are the ones who think about it.

RoyceTTU
04-24-2012, 12:28 PM
http://tnation.t-nation.com/forum_images/2/b/2b2d2_ORIG-I_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg

ctown81
04-24-2012, 12:42 PM
But the 16 and 17 year old that are on varsity are the ones who think about it.

I think you guys are spending WAY too much on this argument lol.

Tejastrue
04-24-2012, 01:11 PM
I get what you are saying I'm not an idiot!!! MY point being that there is not only 16 and 17 year old players on the varsity team.

I hear there are also 18-19 yr olds. :D

ctown81
04-24-2012, 01:24 PM

LOL. That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

the Ville 89
04-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Yep, yep but mainly 19 :evilgrin:

JacketSwarm
04-24-2012, 02:30 PM

i don't know what the coaches and players are thinking, i can only speak for myself. if anyone thinks that any of the bs that is spread on this board has any impact or bearing on what a team does or doesn't do is a narcissistic idiot.

my opinion is that Stephenville will win vs 3a - period. trying to superimpose my opinion on any coach or player is ridiculous.

try again.

defense51
04-24-2012, 02:40 PM
i don't know what the coaches and players are thinking, i can only speak for myself. if anyone thinks that any of the bs that is spread on this board has any impact or bearing on what a team does or doesn't do is a narcissistic idiot.

my opinion is that Stephenville will win vs 3a - period. trying to superimpose my opinion on any coach or player is ridiculous.

try again.Well we wouldn't want YOU being ridiculous...

Ville-D
04-24-2012, 03:25 PM
i don't know what the coaches and players are thinking, i can only speak for myself.

I DO know the coaches and they are saying nothing remotely close to "homer stew" that JSwarm is serving up. Did TxHogWild from TOC change his name when he came here? Although there aren't the usual spelling and grammar errors he generally throws out.

I have watched the Stephenville off-season workouts/bootcamp for the past 2 days and the boys look good. I'm excited about next year and I like our chances

Ville-D
04-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Well we wouldn't want YOU being ridiculous...

Funny...

Lions88
04-24-2012, 04:00 PM

try again.

You are making me look good.. I hate it.. I am the Villan of this board!:foul:

ctown81
04-24-2012, 04:02 PM

Umm... Stephenville isn't a large town. I'm sure the town folk talk to the coaches so that's why i asked what the coaches thought. So all this talk about narcissistic idiots seems a little out of place. THank you for not answering the question.

jason
04-24-2012, 04:02 PM
You are making me look good.. I hate it.. I am the Villan of this board!:foul:

no, you're both just the idiots of your respective villages...

ctown81
04-24-2012, 04:03 PM
I DO know the coaches and they are saying nothing remotely close to "homer stew" that JSwarm is serving up. Did TxHogWild from TOC change his name when he came here? Although there aren't the usual spelling and grammar errors he generally throws out.

I have watched the Stephenville off-season workouts/bootcamp for the past 2 days and the boys look good. I'm excited about next year and I like our chances

Any speed? I'm looking forward to watching a couple of games this season and seeing what you guys have.