PDA

View Full Version : Chapel Hill Bootcamp

Chillfan
03-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Has begun and I got the oppurtunity to watch them for a little bit yesterday. There is some good looking athletes out there. Give these guys a few games and I would be willing to bet they will be back in the mix. They look like they will have more size than the 2011 team. The run game will not slack off one bit and the QB situation looks very promising. I'm glad they will not be starting with that big target on there backs.

The bootcamp is brutal both physically and mentally.

Manso/V8
03-21-2012, 11:07 PM
zzzzzzz

MGAR
03-21-2012, 11:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NKKP12sM1o

That shows some of CHs boot camp from a few years ago..

Wonder how many schools still do boot camp?

Ernest T Bass
03-22-2012, 05:55 AM
Ive been part of 2 programs that did, and there is zero doubt that it was a HUGE contributor to our success. I also know of a few other state championship programs that attribute their success to their boot camp program.

Chillfan
03-22-2012, 04:19 PM
One of Lamarqes coaches visited today to watch.

Tejastrue
03-22-2012, 04:30 PM
The Bootcamp is great but a serious personal trainer is the way to go. There is so much money down here that all of our players can afford one, year round even...at least that's what I've been told. Lol...

toddg
03-22-2012, 04:46 PM
One of Lamarqes coaches visited today to watch.

did he bring their 5 SC trophies?

Chillfan
03-22-2012, 05:36 PM
did he bring their 5 SC trophies?

Yes!

Ernest T Bass
03-22-2012, 09:38 PM
The Bootcamp is great but a serious personal trainer is the way to go. There is so much money down here that all of our players can afford one, year round even...at least that's what I've been told. Lol...

Boot camp has very little to do with the physical aspect of the game. It's about focus, concentration, toughness, team building, and overcoming adversity. Basically, the same concept as the Marine Corps' boot camp. You have to have kids who will lift on their own time, b/c there's not much strength building in boot camp.

Ville-D
03-22-2012, 09:42 PM

Is it true that every player in Wimberley has both a personal trainer and a full-time nutritionist/chef? And don't the players sleep in beds stuffed with hundred dollar bills?

Yoe_09
03-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Cameron has a boot camp program going on right now.

MGAR
03-22-2012, 10:07 PM
I remember our boot camp like it was yesterday. It was a total of three weeks long. First week was spent in the lecture hall and the following two weeks was the hard part.

Hills, Ropes, Mat Drills, Command weights and telephone poles where the stations. We were broken up by groups. Lineman, backs, WR/TE and normal offseason people. We could wear nothing school related and if we wanted our stuff clean we had to take it home. Each group was giving a colored head band. Mat drills and weights were done in the same gym so they could put the heater on 100..

One week we had to run 400s ten times, all timed.. The next week we had a day where we ran 40-40s..

Athletes that played baseball had the option on game day to either do boot camp or not. If you missed you had to do make up days. Make up days where either eight 400s timed or twenty-five 40s....at 6AM the following day..

Tejastrue
03-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Boot camp has very little to do with the physical aspect of the game. It's about focus, concentration, toughness, team building, and overcoming adversity. Basically, the same concept as the Marine Corps' boot camp. You have to have kids who will lift on their own time, b/c there's not much strength building in boot camp.

ETB, it was just a joke aimed at some people's perspective of Wimberley and its athletic programs. As far as what you said, you're preaching to the choir. Everything you mentioned is part of what great programs/coaches try to instill with their kids 24-7. I can appreciate that.

Tejastrue
03-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Is it true that every player in Wimberley has both a personal trainer and a full-time nutritionist/chef? And don't the players sleep in beds stuffed with hundred dollar bills?

That's the rumor.:D

Chillfan
04-11-2012, 05:16 PM
The kids finally had a perfect day. They were pretty pumped.

http://www.ihigh.com/chapelhillfootball/video_906520.html

buckeyebob
04-12-2012, 05:38 AM
Gak...Ho-hum...Pshaw...Yuck...Shmaltzy

Gonna need more than a bunch of guys hopping around like a bunch of little girls.

Chillfan
04-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Gak...Ho-hum...Pshaw...Yuck...Shmaltzy

Gonna need more than a bunch of guys hopping around like a bunch of little girls.

Evidently you dont understand what these kids went thru to get to the perfect day. Hell, I would scream like a girl.

Get ready, these girls are coming for them Bucks Bob.

MGAR
04-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Evidently you dont understand what these kids went thru to get to the perfect day. Hell, I would scream like a girl.

I agree, he has no idea.

Tejastrue
04-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Question...is it required that all athletes participate in boot-camp if they want to play football in the fall? I understand there may be other sports that some are involved in at the time. Just curious.

MGAR
04-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Question...is it required that all athletes participate in boot-camp if they want to play football in the fall? I understand there may be other sports that some are involved in at the time. Just curious.

Can't speak for CH but I think all athletes should participate in boot-camp if they wanna be in athletics at all.

Chillfan
04-12-2012, 12:51 PM

The track team wouldnt do all work areas the day of a track meet. Same as the baseball team.

Old Tiger
04-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Cameron has a boot camp program going on right now.Is it the one where they send them to Milam County jail to be "scared straight"

regaleagle
04-12-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't think requiring "all" athletes to participate is wise. A tennis player or golfer only, for example, or perhaps even a baseball player only, would not benefit from this type of activity. Staying supple and practicing your sport should be more of a priority for some of these athletes, imo. Especially a junior or senior working hard to get a scholarship that needs the time to practice his sport to improve. When you are a young athlete in high school, lots of practice does make a big difference if you have the athleticism to be a star in your chosen sport. Spending your precious practice time in a boot camp designed for the football team is not what I would recommend for these athletes. Phil Mickelson was the highest paid professional athlete in 2011, trumping every player in every sport, No Joking. I guess he took over some of Tiger's endorsements, but he still made the most (60 mil, I believe is the number).

buckeyebob
04-16-2012, 05:29 AM

You hope! 16-3A is a buzz saw...we will see.

Lion70
04-16-2012, 07:52 AM

No offense but its a little different playing Kilgore,henderson,Gilmer Vs Athens, Bullard, & Bronsboro just saying.....

Chillfan
04-16-2012, 10:16 AM
No offense but its a little different playing Kilgore,henderson,Gilmer Vs Athens, Bullard, & Bronsboro just saying.....

I agree totally. Never said it was the same. Do you not think we played some great teams last year in the playoffs?

Lion70
04-16-2012, 12:59 PM
I agree totally. Never said it was the same. Do you not think we played some great teams last year in the playoffs?

Oh by far and Hill heart is what made them win state. Yes they were talented but these guys no matter what never said die. They reminded me of the 2010 Henderson team will a tad more talent but same heart.

On the other hand I think Colmbia ( I think kinda choked but yall still got the win)

yellaseeker
04-22-2012, 10:55 PM
On the other hand I think Colmbia ( I think kinda choked but yall still got the win)[/QUOTE]

Glad i'm not the only one that thinks that also. Nevertheless, Chill managed another come from behind win. Gotta give them credit for their don't ever quit desire to win. To me, Columbia had "the best" defense in the state, just couldn't mount enough offense when we needed it most. I'm sure the coaching staff wish that could press rewind in the last minute of that game. No offense to Chill but, i believe our boys also had more heart than anybody in the state with only having "all days" and "two a days" practice and not some glorified bootcamp. Unfortunately, we did not have the amount of players that played only one way like Chill. Probably half or more of the starters for Columbia have to play both ways to get it done and to me, they left everything they had on the field that night. As it was, Chill celebrated a trip to Dallas and we had a long quiet drive home. I'ts not about a boot camp, it's about having the right talent, the right coaching, and players that beleive in their coaches and the program and will give you every ounce of energy they have until the last tick of the clock, period.

Chillfan
04-23-2012, 07:53 AM
On the other hand I think Colmbia ( I think kinda choked but yall still got the win)

Glad i'm not the only one that thinks that also. Nevertheless, Chill managed another come from behind win. Gotta give them credit for their don't ever quit desire to win. To me, Columbia had "the best" defense in the state, just couldn't mount enough offense when we needed it most. I'm sure the coaching staff wish that could press rewind in the last minute of that game. No offense to Chill but, i believe our boys also had more heart than anybody in the state with only having "all days" and "two a days" practice and not some glorified bootcamp. Unfortunately, we did not have the amount of players that played only one way like Chill. Probably half or more of the starters for Columbia have to play both ways to get it done and to me, they left everything they had on the field that night. As it was, Chill celebrated a trip to Dallas and we had a long quiet drive home. I'ts not about a boot camp, it's about having the right talent, the right coaching, and players that beleive in their coaches and the program and will give you every ounce of energy they have until the last tick of the clock, period.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. CH had six starters sitting the bench including our starting QB and were still able to get past teams like Carthage and Lindale. You ask any of our coaches and they will credit boot camp for the never quit type attitude. Columbia was a great team but i still say the Navasota and especially La Vega were a touch better.

yellaseeker
04-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Glad i'm not the only one that thinks that also. Nevertheless, Chill managed another come from behind win. Gotta give them credit for their don't ever quit desire to win. To me, Columbia had "the best" defense in the state, just couldn't mount enough offense when we needed it most. I'm sure the coaching staff wish that could press rewind in the last minute of that game. No offense to Chill but, i believe our boys also had more heart than anybody in the state with only having "all days" and "two a days" practice and not some glorified bootcamp. Unfortunately, we did not have the amount of players that played only one way like Chill. Probably half or more of the starters for Columbia have to play both ways to get it done and to me, they left everything they had on the field that night. As it was, Chill celebrated a trip to Dallas and we had a long quiet drive home. I'ts not about a boot camp, it's about having the right talent, the right coaching, and players that beleive in their coaches and the program and will give you every ounce of energy they have until the last tick of the clock, period.

I disagree. CH had six starters sitting the bench including our starting QB and were still able to get past teams like Carthage and Lindale. You ask any of our coaches and they will credit boot camp for the never quit type attitude. Columbia was a great team but i still say the Navasota and especially La Vega were a touch better.[/QUOTE

We were only missing one starter when we played you guys. If chill would have missing those guys you speak of, i dont see you guys even being close by the end of the game. We both have different opinions but you guys got the win and that's all that matters.

yellaseeker
04-24-2012, 12:08 AM

I disagree. CH had six starters sitting the bench including our starting QB and were still able to get past teams like Carthage and Lindale. You ask any of our coaches and they will credit boot camp for the never quit type attitude. Columbia was a great team but i still say the Navasota and especially La Vega were a touch better.[/QUOTE]

You guys put up 56 points on Navasota and 27 on La Vega, only 21 against us and 20 on Alvarado. So, i don't agree with that statement at all. No way in hell you guys could've hung 56 points on our defense. In all honesty, i believe Chill, Columbia and Alvarado were pretty darn even overall, even though in different aspects of the game. The reason you guys where able to hang that many points on some of those teams was due to their lack of defense. Not saying yall didn't have one hell of an offense but you just don't put up those kinda of numbers against good defensive teams, period. That's why Alvarado held yall to 20 in the SC. The simple truth is, we lost that game due to the lack of a respectible passing game and that just happens to be where yall's weakness was (secondary) and we didn't do anything to exploit it. Only other factor as i previously stated was, too many key players worn out from playing both ways. You've got me mistaken if you think i'm one-eyed and don't give respect where it is due. Chill was a force to be reckoned with and when it counted, they showed their teeth and, champions find a way to prevail even when the chips are down.

Chillfan
04-24-2012, 10:26 AM
I disagree. CH had six starters sitting the bench including our starting QB and were still able to get past teams like Carthage and Lindale. You ask any of our coaches and they will credit boot camp for the never quit type attitude. Columbia was a great team but i still say the Navasota and especially La Vega were a touch better.

You guys put up 56 points on Navasota and 27 on La Vega, only 21 against us and 20 on Alvarado. So, i don't agree with that statement at all. No way in hell you guys could've hung 56 points on our defense. In all honesty, i believe Chill, Columbia and Alvarado were pretty darn even overall, even though in different aspects of the game. The reason you guys where able to hang that many points on some of those teams was due to their lack of defense. Not saying yall didn't have one hell of an offense but you just don't put up those kinda of numbers against good defensive teams, period. That's why Alvarado held yall to 20 in the SC. The simple truth is, we lost that game due to the lack of a respectible passing game and that just happens to be where yall's weakness was (secondary) and we didn't do anything to exploit it. Only other factor as i previously stated was, too many key players worn out from playing both ways. You've got me mistaken if you think i'm one-eyed and don't give respect where it is due. Chill was a force to be reckoned with and when it counted, they showed their teeth and, champions find a way to prevail even when the chips are down.[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about just defense. Again, you guys were a great team but both Nav and LaVega where able to spread the field a little better. As a team in whole i give them a SMALL edge. We had 4 kids playing both ways as well.