PDA

View Full Version : Funny story from a Mineral Wells player

Old Tiger
03-21-2012, 01:16 PM
“I had an A&M commit at my first meet,” he told Hookem.com. “His teammates were mouthing off to me the whole time. They were saying how they have an All-American on their team and saying his 4.35 40 time was better than my 4.38 time. I just kept my cool, but they kept talking about how bad he’s going to beat me and everything. This happened all throughout the meet. Well, the 200 came around and it turns out he’s in that race with me. He’s in lane one and I’m in lane two. We’re getting in our blocks and they’re still yelling stuff about showing me how A&M does it. I just pulled my (Longhorn) socks up and didn’t say anything. When it was over, I ended up beating him by ten meters or so. I ran a 21.87. It was great. They didn’t say anything then. I just turned around and threw up the Hook ‘Em sign. They didn’t say anything after that. No more trash talk.”

Z-RO
03-21-2012, 05:25 PM
:thumbsup::2thumbsup

Emerson1
03-21-2012, 06:26 PM
But a&m won the track and field championship last year so suck it.

Saggy Aggie
03-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Lol Emerson is cracking jokes, but 3 years running. Just cuz some hs morons talk trash doesn't Reflect on a&ms track program.

Colbert will do great, but a&m isn't sweating not getting him. :) we'll be just fine.

Z-RO
03-22-2012, 06:35 AM
Lol Emerson is cracking jokes, but 3 years running. Just cuz some hs morons talk trash doesn't Reflect on a&ms track program.

Colbert will do great, but a&m isn't sweating not getting him. :) we'll be just fine.

How many decommits have yall had thus far? :taunt:

Lion70
03-22-2012, 07:04 AM
every team has a player or two on the fence even the great tu program.

Z-RO
03-22-2012, 04:56 PM
every team has a player or two on the fence even the great tu program.

They usually average ONE a year....how many has aTm had the last 2 years thus far :evillol:

Z-RO
03-23-2012, 03:00 AM
They usually average ONE a year....how many has aTm had the last 2 years thus far :evillol:

Ill go ahead and save you some trouble of looking it up

Michael Wilson
Eddie Porter
Colin Blake
Trevor Knight
Marcus Johnson-------Hook'em!
Jerald Hawkins
Eric Davis
Corey Thompson
Darion Monroe
Christian LaCouture
Johnny Jefferson