PDA

View Full Version : Saints punishment

Buckeye1980
03-21-2012, 12:18 PM
The Saints just got hit hard...
Team fined $500K
Loss of 2 Second Rd Draft picks
Greg Williams suspended indefinitely
AND Sean Payton suspended for the year!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/17946632/payton-suspended-one-year-williams-indefinitely-saints-fined-500k

waterboy
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm kind of surprised that the punishment was this severe. I think it sends a definite message, though, and that's what needed to be done, although I think they should've lost a first round pick also.

Old Tiger
03-21-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm kind of surprised that the punishment was this severe. I think it sends a definite message, though, and that's what needed to be done, although I think they should've lost a first round pick also.All Goodell is about is "sending a message." Then hides behind the concussion and stuff.

Buckeye1980
03-21-2012, 12:36 PM
I personally though no punishment was needed. What was being done, if it was , is what has went on since the beginning of football. Players are paid to make hard hits, the NFL makes money publicizing hard hits. Is a contract not given for performance ? Why can't performance be rewarded?

yellaseeker
03-21-2012, 12:48 PM
I personally though no punishment was needed. What was being done, if it was , is what has went on since the beginning of football. Players are paid to make hard hits, the NFL makes money publicizing hard hits. Is a contract not given for performance ? Why can't performance be rewarded?

That's kinda the way i feel too. I just can't totally agree though when it is expected for a guy to make a career ending tackle.

Dogman_1969
03-21-2012, 05:19 PM
I would not be surprised to see Roger G. drop the hammer on several players as well. Would not be surprised to see several loose an entire season as well.

bigwood33
03-21-2012, 05:59 PM
This is about as close to the "Death Penalty" as the NFL will go. The only thing that MIGHT be worse would be if coaches and players were caught gambling on the game.