PDA

View Full Version : Where will Tebow land?

Dogman_1969
03-19-2012, 06:38 PM
I say he ends up in .......drumb row......New England. Backs up Brady and plays some as a receiver. The old coach pulls off a fast one and Tebow goes to the place where the guy who drafted him is now.

orange machine
03-19-2012, 06:48 PM
I say he ends up in .......drumb row......New England. Backs up Brady and plays some as a receiver. The old coach pulls off a fast one and Tebow goes to the place where the guy who drafted him is now.
He is headed for Dallas

Old Tiger
03-19-2012, 08:03 PM
I say he ends up in .......drumb row......New England. Backs up Brady and plays some as a receiver. The old coach pulls off a fast one and Tebow goes to the place where the guy who drafted him is now.Brady's back up is mallett. Is amyone sure if tebow can even catch?

zebrablue2
03-19-2012, 08:43 PM
He is headed for Dallas

cowboys can only hope!!!

orange machine
03-19-2012, 08:51 PM
I can see Tebow playing Tight End. He has the speed and strength and they could use him in a variety ways in an offense.

orange machine
03-19-2012, 08:56 PM
I think he will end up in Miami.

bolshavik
03-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Tebow will simply ascend to heaven and sit at both the right and left hand of god

orange machine
03-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Tebow will simply ascend to heaven and sit at both the right and left hand of god
I like to laugh and joke but that was a very cheap shot!

Roughneck93
03-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Maybe Jacksonville. They sure could use the ticket sales.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0319/espn_e_mannbroncart_576.gif

orange machine
03-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Maybe Jacksonville. They sure could use the ticket sales.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0319/espn_e_mannbroncart_576.gif
that's a good point but what do they have that Denver would want?

bolshavik
03-19-2012, 09:41 PM
How is that a cheap shot? What makes it cheap? I think it is pretty fitting seeing how all the majic book people have put him on such a high pedestal.

Roughneck93
03-19-2012, 09:51 PM
that's a good point but what do they have that Denver would want?Denver won't be expecting much in return for Tebow.

Old Tiger
03-19-2012, 11:36 PM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/tebowplucked.jpg

Old Tiger
03-19-2012, 11:54 PM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/tebowplucked.jpg

ronwx5x
03-20-2012, 07:09 AM
I like to laugh and joke but that was a very cheap shot!

I'm with you.

bolshavik
03-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Well, Im with me

Txbroadcaster
03-20-2012, 07:51 AM
If you think that was a cheap shot then IMO you take things WAY WAY to serious

gatordaze
03-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Bet he never imagined that Elway would be his first!

How is that a cheap shot? What makes it cheap? I think it is pretty fitting seeing how all the majic book people have put him on such a high pedestal.

Majic Book statement is out of line. If you have a son Tebow is exactly what he needs to strive to be like. Athletic Christian man who loves God and family. Remember sports are character builders and why we want are kids playing anyway.
Put him at back up QB maybe play some tight end and thank God you are lucky enough to have a man with character on your team to help those who have none. Elway, Manning, Tebow sounds good to me.
Don't forget Manning isn't exactly 100%.

Farmersfan
03-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Majic Book statement is out of line. If you have a son Tebow is exactly what he needs to strive to be like. Athletic Christian man who loves God and family. Remember sports are character builders and why we want are kids playing anyway.
Put him at back up QB maybe play some tight end and thank God you are lucky enough to have a man with character on your team to help those who have none. Elway, Manning, Tebow sounds good to me.
Don't forget Manning isn't exactly 100%.

:crazy::crazy:

bolshavik
03-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Mu--hahahahahahahahaha...mu--hahahahahahahaha mu-ha mu-ha..mu

bolshavik
03-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Farmers fan - Your Cabowabo Cantina picture with booze bottles on it is out of line. You are tempting all those out there that might have a problem with addiction or alcohol. You are a SINNER

Tejastrue
03-20-2012, 03:53 PM

I believe it's 'God" to you sir..at least get it right if you are going to mock...

bolshavik
03-20-2012, 05:21 PM
NO, To you it is God, to ME it is god.

icu812
03-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Mocking the Christian faith is all the rage these days. Making fun of the ignorant believer.....its so cool. Just ask Bill Maher. IMO, you should be banned for mocking someone's faith in a sports forum. I would feel the same way if a believer was mocking a persons lack of faith. Having a reasonable debate is one thing, mocking is something else. I see little difference between this intolerence and spouting racist comments.

on topic: I hope Tebow goes to Miami or Jacksonville.

bolshavik
03-20-2012, 07:04 PM
The only reason people think Tebow can play the pro game is because he is christian. To me, that is just the same as racism. Im not mocking anything. I simply made a point that everybody has put Tebow up on a pedestal.

ronwx5x
03-20-2012, 07:21 PM
The only reason people think Tebow can play the pro game is because he is christian. To me, that is just the same as racism. Im not mocking anything. I simply made a point that everybody has put Tebow up on a pedestal.

The only reason people think Tebow can play the pro game is because he has and will, and quite successfully I might add.

bolshavik
03-20-2012, 07:30 PM
He is a good football player but a horrible NFL quarterback. As a Quarterback he sucks and Denver won in spite of him. He will be out of the league in two years. Would love a guy like that on my High School team or College team but as a pro QB in the Pro game he sucks and you will not find anybody outside of Skip Bayless that thinks otherwise. He blows as an NFL QB and the only reason there is Tebow mania is because of the guys faith. Same reason people keep giving Josh Hamilton 3rd/4th chances is because he professes to be a christian. Also, these same people hate T.O., Ocho Cinco ,Deon Sanders and such like. Now, who is racist??

Tejastrue
03-20-2012, 07:59 PM

Isn't that the nature of many in our society, to put an athlete on a pedestal? Tebow is certainly not the first and definitely not the last. The fact he's a professed Christian appears to be what really bothers you and that is racist if we use your perspective.

orange machine
03-20-2012, 08:01 PM
The difference with Tebow and the guys you mention is he is not all about me, he gives all the credit for what he has done to the Lord. I like all the players you mention, but other than Sanders their careers have had alot of negative impact on others. Tebow is not an awful Qb he has alot to work on like many players do but he is not awful. Tebow will have a good career in the NFL and will only get better because he has the ability, tools and has faith in God and himself. Everybody is intitled to their opinion but that doesn't mean it's right.

regaleagle
03-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see Tebow stay with the Broncs as the #2. He can back-up Peyton, get his tutalage, and be used in certain short yardage or goal line sets. If Peyton has health problems, Tebow is ready to take the reins. Just depends on the money and trade issues.

1st and goal
03-20-2012, 08:28 PM

Oh the intelligence...you should be on a different forum with all the smart people.

bolshavik
03-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Guys, I like Tebow. What I do not like is that alot of people are so easily blinded to his inablilties ONLY because he IS A CHRISTIAN. If he were just a regular guy everybody would say he is horrible BUT because he is a christian certain concessions or leeway is given. Reminds me very much of the following scenerio. Carla Faye Tucker was a the Harris County infamous "Pick Axe" murderer and was sentenced to death. Well, she became a christian and the 700 club put her on tv and this became a nation wide story as her date with death neared. Well, the conservative christian right (who are 99.9% always for the death penalty) came to her defense big time. The problem is obviously they do not make these concessions for other death row inmates BUT BECAUSE SHE WAS A CHRISTIAN they protested and cried and what not trying to plead for her life. The problem I have is that these "special" concessions are made and great favor is gained simply because there is somebody that believes like you do. Why aren't people behind Vince Young,Akili Smith,Michael Vick,Doug Flutie, etc... I could go on and on...The difference is Tebow wears his religion on his sleeves and these other guys did not or do not. Think about it

orange machine
03-20-2012, 09:32 PM
I just don't see the special treatment that you speak of with him. Mike Vick committed a felony went to prison and did his time. He was allowed back in the NFL which I agree with so what's the big deal. If Tebow screwed up and got put in prison he would be crucified by the media and alot of people. Alot of people are just waiting for Tebow to mess up. Tebow is good for sports and espacially kids in all honesty who would you rather your kids watch and want to be like a man like Tebow or a man who steals, cheats or is just a bad person? I think I would much rather my kids watch Tebow and want to be more like him.

defense51
03-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Christian or not, Tebow has shown good moral character. He seems to be a team player and isn't involved in the "me,me,me" mentality of alot of athletes. Tebow obviously has some talent or he would not be a qb in the NFL.

Ville-D
03-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Carla Faye Tucker vs Tebow... you know how to troll.

bolshavik
03-20-2012, 10:07 PM
So, Vick is the only one you want to talk about? What about Vince Young? All he has done is win and he throws way better than Tebow. And its not Tebow vs Carla Faye but the point that people over look their faults because "they are christian". The mentality is sick

orange machine
03-20-2012, 10:26 PM
So, Vick is the only one you want to talk about? What about Vince Young? All he has done is win and he throws way better than Tebow. And its not Tebow vs Carla Faye but the point that people over look their faults because "they are christian". The mentality is sick
We can talk about whoever you would like. I like Vince Young, I believe he was a distraction and made some bad choices while with the Titans, but he got a second chance and deserved it. I'm still not really seeing your point though I don't guess. Alot of the players you are speaking of have been in some type of trouble or have caused a negative light on themselves. I have yet to see Tebow do anything bad. So what exactly is the point?

bolshavik
03-20-2012, 10:45 PM
My point is that he is a horrible NFL QB. His completion percentage was 47% QB rating was even worse. He won but divided the team, they love his leadership abilities but they know you can't win in the NFL like that. My problem is that majic book people are giving him a pass simply because he is a christian and he has great values,morals,ethics. They would not back any other QB and give him a pass example Vince Young...What bad choice did VY make? What, his coach didnt want him and never wanted to draft him but the Owner (Bud Adams) insisted that he had to do so. All VY did was win games and Rookie of the Year. But, VY doesn't wear his religion on his sleeve and boast about god and pray in public WHEN THE CAMERAS ARE ROLLING...Plus, he is black instead of lilly white so that factors into it as well. Hey, didn't some guy tell others not to "pray on the street corner like the Pharisees do" Oh, Guess some people don't read that part.

orange machine
03-20-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't believe that Tebow makes a spectacle of himself at all by praying. How many players black or white do you see kneeling down praying after a touchdown or pointing to the sky? There is no difference in that and what Tebow does. Tebow gives God the glory and says it in public something that many people do even athletes. The difference is the media has blown it up so bad that Christians love to watch the man of faith and atheist or non believers hate it and try to make it look bad as if he is just trying to get the spot light. I say again I would much rather my children watch and learn from Tebow then the majority of other athletes. You say Tebow gets a pass because he Christian yet many people are critizing him because of his faith and the fact he is not afraid to show it. As a matter of fact all who are Christian are told to teach and minister to others according to the Bible so I don't see what he is doing wrong other than upsetting those who don't believe in God.

Old Tiger
03-21-2012, 12:36 AM
We can talk about whoever you would like. I like Vince Young, I believe he was a distraction and made some bad choices while with the Titans, but he got a second chance and deserved it. I'm still not really seeing your point though I don't guess. Alot of the players you are speaking of have been in some type of trouble or have caused a negative light on themselves. I have yet to see Tebow do anything bad. So what exactly is the point?that Tennessee media took whatever fischer said as gospel and their opinion and stories were what fisher told them to write basically.

Saggy Aggie
03-21-2012, 12:38 AM
I'll be the first to tell you tebow is not a good nfl QB, he is, however, a good FOOTBALL player and he's a winner and a good human being.

orange machine
03-21-2012, 12:47 AM
I hope Tebow the best and hope he gets a chance to start at qb somewhere. I don't think he is a great qb but I don't think he is as bad as some say. Yes he needs alot of work but that's ok he has alot of upside. I personally think he should open up to the idea that he might need to switch positions but if he feels he is a qb and can get better with time then he needs to understand that he might be the number 2 for awhile.

Eagle 1
03-21-2012, 09:43 AM
So, Vick is the only one you want to talk about? What about Vince Young? All he has done is win and he throws way better than Tebow.

Really?
Side arm Vince is better than Tebow? :crazy:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/xdglg7.jpg

Old Tiger
03-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Really?
Side arm Vince is better than Tebow? :crazy:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/xdglg7.jpg

Really? You are going to bring up mechanics in an argument when comparing Vince and Tebow?

Footwork = Vince > Tebow
Delivery = meh
Speed of delivery = Vince > Tebow

Both are proven winners in the NFL.

Vince was Rookie of the Year and has a far greater completion percentage than Tebow.

Eagle 1
03-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Really? You are going to bring up mechanics in an argument when comparing Vince and Tebow?

Footwork = Vince > Tebow
Delivery = meh
Speed of delivery = Vince > Tebow

Both are proven winners in the NFL.

Vince was Rookie of the Year and has a far greater completion percentage than Tebow.

Your forgot to add:
Sidearm = Vince > Tebow
I'm not going to look up the stats, but I would think Tebow probably had nearly as much rushing yards in college as Young.

BTW, if you want to compare qb mechanics look a Joe Montana.
He didn't have a rocket arm, but he was very accurate.
He wasn't fast, just mobile enough to scramble out of the pocket.
So footwork, speed and delivery don't always equate to a good qb.

Txbroadcaster
03-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Your forgot to add:
Sidearm = Vince > Tebow
I'm not going to look up the stats, but I would think Tebow probably had nearly as much rushing yards in college as Young.

young averaged 7 yards a rush..Tebow 4.3 and had more yards in 200 less rushes

Old Tiger
03-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Your forgot to add:
Sidearm = Vince > Tebow

BTW, if you want to compare qb mechanics look a Joe Montana.
He didn't have a rocket arm, but he was very accurate.
He wasn't fast, just mobile enough to scramble out of the pocket.
So footwork, speed and delivery don't always equate to a good qb.

Why are you diverting this conversation away from Tebow/Vince to talk about arguably the greatest QB of all time?

For the record vince had more rushing yards in college which included being the first QB to pass for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in same season.

icu812
03-21-2012, 10:09 AM
My point is that he is a horrible NFL QB. His completion percentage was 47% QB rating was even worse. He won but divided the team, they love his leadership abilities but they know you can't win in the NFL like that. My problem is that majic book people are giving him a pass simply because he is a christian and he has great values,morals,ethics. They would not back any other QB and give him a pass example Vince Young...What bad choice did VY make? What, his coach didnt want him and never wanted to draft him but the Owner (Bud Adams) insisted that he had to do so. All VY did was win games and Rookie of the Year. But, VY doesn't wear his religion on his sleeve and boast about god and pray in public WHEN THE CAMERAS ARE ROLLING...Plus, he is black instead of lilly white so that factors into it as well. Hey, didn't some guy tell others not to "pray on the street corner like the Pharisees do" Oh, Guess some people don't read that part.

I believe in the "majic book". Btw, I really don't like Tebow as a drop back NFL QB. I do think he's a great football player though and he would destroy NFL defenses running a single wing type offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXBzMYhwEIg

Old Tiger
03-21-2012, 10:11 AM
I believe in the "majic book". Btw, I really don't like Tebow as a drop back NFL QB. I do think he's a great football player though and he would destroy NFL defenses running a single wing type offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXBzMYhwEIgAn NFL defense would destroy a single wing offense...thats why it isn't ran.

I'm tired of hearing "Tebow is a great football player," if he was a great football player he would be able to adapt to an NFL offense and make the transition. The guy is given far more chances than any QB that has ever came out of the same mold as him in college. IMO it is a disgrace to many of the black QB's that have come out with the same criticisms as Tebow got but didn't get the same treatment like Tebow. Hell even Eric Crouch out of Nebraska was told to be a WR or **** of the league and he chose the latter. That my friends is where the Tebow hate comes from. Media, Tebow himself, and other outlets pimping out Tebow as the lord and savior of football in a holier than thou way.

Old Tiger
03-21-2012, 10:14 AM
And just for poops and giggles

Joe Pesci!
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/06/23/arts/Carlin390.jpg

icu812
03-21-2012, 10:37 AM
An NFL defense would destroy a single wing offense...thats why it isn't ran.

I'm tired of hearing "Tebow is a great football player," if he was a great football player he would be able to adapt to an NFL offense and make the transition. The guy is given far more chances than any QB that has ever came out of the same mold as him in college. IMO it is a disgrace to many of the black QB's that have come out with the same criticisms as Tebow got but didn't get the same treatment like Tebow. Hell even Eric Crouch out of Nebraska was told to be a WR or **** of the league and he chose the latter. That my friends is where the Tebow hate comes from. Media, Tebow himself, and other outlets pimping out Tebow as the lord and savior of football in a holier than thou way.

A lot of people like Tebow not because he's a Christian but because people like you (and scouts) have been saying he isn't a good QB since college. Kinda fun to root for a good guy to prove the experts wrong. The NFL will not be a multiple/pro I drop back passing league forever. IMO, the spread and power run formations will make a comeback. A current NFL defense isn't ready for that change. Even the Dolphins had some success with their lame attempt at the single wing with the wildcat.

"One thing I have found very interesting in my conversation with (Bill) Walsh is that he regretted he never tried the single-wing formation with the 49ers. He felt that Steve Young could have run the formation to perfection, and that the league's defenses would have had a difficult time stopping the old formation."

"What would happen if someone came out with a single-wing offense? It would embarrass the hell out of us." - Vince Lombardi.

Trashman
03-21-2012, 10:51 AM
That is George Carlin.....Fail....

Old Tiger
03-21-2012, 10:58 AM
That is George Carlin.....Fail....no bro that post is all win

icu812
03-21-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm hearing Tebow to Jets for 4th round pick.

Roughneck93
03-21-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm hearing Tebow to Jets for 4th round pick.You are correct...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/jets-acquire-tim-tebow-from-broncos-for-fourth-round-pick/

icu812
03-21-2012, 12:04 PM
A lot of Jets players and coaches need some "majic".

Old Tiger
03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
A lot of Jets players and coaches need some "majic".They need a new HC...Rex just aint all he's cracked up to be and that defense seems to not be what we thought it was either.

icu812
03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
They need a new HC...Rex just aint all he's cracked up to be and that defense seems to not be what we thought it was either.

I agree. I'm not sold on Sanchez either and having Tebow on the roster may cause him to press to much. My guess is Tebow is starting by the end of the season.

Old Tiger
03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
I agree. I'm not sold on Sanchez either and having Tebow on the roster may cause him to press to much. My guess is Tebow is starting by the end of the season.I don't see Tebow starting over Sanchez. Sanchez is a far superior QB than Tebow. I see Tebow just being a part of a package.

Tejastrue
03-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Tebow's had what, two years now in the NFL? His unorthodox passing style reminds me a lot about what people were chastising Philip Rivers for when he came out of college. I just think it's unfair to write Tebow off just yet as a QB in the NFL.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/7104541

Old Tiger
03-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Tebow's had what, two years now in the NFL? His unorthodox passing style reminds me a lot about what people were chastising Philip Rivers for when he came out of college. I just think it's unfair to write Tebow off just yet as a QB in the NFL.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/7104541Phillip Rivers has a quick release and great footwork. Also much more accurate and better arm than Tebow.

The only knock on Rivers was that they said it looks like he is throwing a shot put when he throws the ball.

Tebow has suspect footwork, elongated release, TERRIBLE accuracy, and good arm strength.

Tejastrue
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Thank you NFLScout.com. The point being was that it was a concern and comparisons from the article were very similar. I don't believe an NFL franchise would use a 1st rd draft pick on a player simply because of his faith as others seem to suggest. I believe he has the skills but yes, they need to be honed. As Rivers did his first two years, Tebow should have remained on the bench. The situation in Denver was a 'please the fans' move to put Tebow in and it worked for the short term, a sort of throwing 'Daniel in the Lion's den." Lol.. Not sure NY is a good fit for him...if we thought the media coverage was overboard in Denver, it's just getting started. Oh brother.:doh:

Old Tiger
03-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Thank you NFLScout.com. The point being was that it was a concern and comparisons from the article were very similar. I don't believe an NFL franchise would use a 1st rd draft pick on a player simply because of his faith as others seem to suggest. I believe he has the skills but yes, they need to be honed. As Rivers did his first two years, Tebow should have remained on the bench. The situation in Denver was a 'please the fans' move to put Tebow in and it worked for the short term, a sort of throwing 'Daniel in the Lion's den." Lol.. Not sure NY is a good fit for him...if we thought the media coverage was overboard in Denver, it's just getting started. Oh brother.:doh:The idiot coach who did that also got fired. So what does that tell you? The only intangibles Tebow has are his work ethic and dedication. Tebow will make a lot of endorsement money in new York due to a lot more media that will set him up for a nice life but I think New York will be his last stop and his career will slowly fizzle out.

So far he's worked his ass off to be a good QB and it aint working. So that has to tell you something.

Tejastrue
03-21-2012, 03:04 PM
The idiot coach who did that also got fired. So what does that tell you? The only intangibles Tebow has are his work ethic and dedication. Tebow will make a lot of endorsement money in new York due to a lot more media that will set him up for a nice life but I think New York will be his last stop and his career will slowly fizzle out.

So far he's worked his ass off to be a good QB and it aint working. So that has to tell you something.

So basically you're saying everyone involved or who had any part of that draft is an idiot. Lol.. Yes, he's worked his ass off unlike your guy Vince, who has all the skills, just not the fortitude. There's still plenty of time for Tebow..Young's career..not such much.

bolshavik
03-21-2012, 03:34 PM
VY no fortitude? You are an idiot. VY went to a team where the HC didn't want him yet the owner forced him to take him. This turned into a huge pissing contest and got VY and the Coach Fired.Tebow got his coach that drafted him fired and will probably get Rex Ryan fired as well. Tebow will be out of the league in two years UNLESS he changes positions completely or becomes another Slash type where he is a QB/TE/H-Back/RB/FB/go fetch me a beer etc..

Roughneck93
03-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Tebow to Jets may not happen...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/jets-trade-for-tebow-hits-a-snag-could-be-voided-rams-may-get-him/

RoyceTTU
03-21-2012, 03:57 PM
VY no fortitude? You are an idiot. VY went to a team where the HC didn't want him yet the owner forced him to take him. This turned into a huge pissing contest and got VY and the Coach Fired.Tebow got his coach that drafted him fired and will probably get Rex Ryan fired as well. Tebow will be out of the league in two years UNLESS he changes positions completely or becomes another Slash type where he is a QB/TE/H-Back/RB/FB/go fetch me a beer etc..

lol'd at you taking up for VY. Are we still talking about the guy that came up missing for days cause he was overwhelmed. Sounds like a strong work ethic to me.

Tejastrue
03-21-2012, 04:50 PM

That same old story you guys continue to use about Fisher and Young is old and pathetic. Lol... What team is Young starting for? Sorry, teams weren't exactly falling over themselves to get him on their team. There was a reason for that..you nincompoop...
We'll see about Tebow, I wouldn't decide his fate so hastily.

bolshavik
03-21-2012, 06:26 PM
What team is Tebow starting for? Yall give all these concessions to Tebow because all he does is win. Yet, you refuse to give the same concessions to a guy like VY and all he does is win. My question is why? Why do you treat Tebow one way and VY another? Is it because VY is black or because Tebow is christian?

orange machine
03-21-2012, 07:11 PM
What team is Tebow starting for? Yall give all these concessions to Tebow because all he does is win. Yet, you refuse to give the same concessions to a guy like VY and all he does is win. My question is why? Why do you treat Tebow one way and VY another? Is it because VY is black or because Tebow is christian?
This raciest card is so pathetic! I'm not raciest at all when it comes to the color of a persons skin. The fact is or in my opinion I want Tebow to succeed because he is a God fearing man and hard worker and deserves it. Tebow has been in the league 2 years and most people who want him to fail are those who are not Christians.

As far as VY he has been in the league 7 years and has probably played as good as he every will. I hope the best for VY and would love to see him in a Cowboys uniform. Give Tebow a few more years before you call him a bust.

bolshavik
03-21-2012, 07:44 PM
O M - At least you admit it that you want him to succeed because he is a god fearing man. I am simply saying there are a ton of QB's that same concessions were not given to them but I guess it is because those QB's did not live up to Super Christan status.

Tejastrue
03-21-2012, 08:33 PM

Why do you try and interpret something that is not there? Are you a member of the Dallas City Council? I stated earlier that Tebow was not ready to start. The young man did not create the circumstances that have evolved around him. He's already played two years longer than guys like you hoped he would. If teams thought the way you do then Denver would have just released him and taken the loss. What concessions have actually been given to Tebow? I think many support him because he is a winner and he appreciates the opportunities he's been given as an athlete and in life. The fact he's a professed Christian has no bearing as to why I support him. From day one he's constantly been over analyzed and criticized about his mechanics from all the so called 'experts'. I admire him for his guts and determination and his desire to prove these people wrong. The young man has great character, something the man who just replaced in Denver is also known to have. No sir, the only one who has issues with the race or faith is you. Time maybe to reflect in a mirror.

orange machine
03-21-2012, 08:35 PM
O M - At least you admit it that you want him to succeed because he is a god fearing man. I am simply saying there are a ton of QB's that same concessions were not given to them but I guess it is because those QB's did not live up to Super Christan status.
I just don't think he is getting any special treatment for crying out loud he was the starting qb for Denver and got dumped because he is not the normal drop back qb like Elway himself. If anything he has gotten shafted big time but you don't here him or Christian people saying well Denver is raciest because Tebow is a Christian. Everything can be turned around to be raciest motivated. Tebow will be fine and will have a nice NFL career weather it's a qb or some other position. I do think it's way premature to take him out of the qb roll and put him in another position. Tebow is smart enough and has the ability to get better. He may never be a Payton Manning but he is a winner and with the right tools he could be a super bowl qb.

bolshavik
03-21-2012, 08:49 PM
O M - are you a cop? I only ask because you spell like a policeman. Not trying to be rude but that is the first thing that crossed my mind when I read your post. I was like...This guy is a policeman

orange machine
03-21-2012, 08:59 PM
O M - are you a cop? I only ask because you spell like a policeman. Not trying to be rude but that is the first thing that crossed my mind when I read your post. I was like...This guy is a policeman
Lol yes I am I'm also typing on a broke cell phone with a busted screen.

bolshavik
03-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Lol... Thats funny, I just had a hunch and was not trying to be a jerk

Tejastrue
03-21-2012, 09:14 PM

Too late... :spitlol:

orange machine
03-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah that is funny. Good thing a computer system we use for our reports fixes your mistakes lol.

bolshavik
03-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Teja - What in your opinion makes me a jerk? Honestly

Tejastrue
03-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Teja - What in your opinion makes me a jerk? Honestly

You may be the AntiChrist??

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=5035969913030408&id=bfe5bbd7962b3cedfdbba1cd6b0cd0ea

Eagle 1
03-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Why are you diverting this conversation away from Tebow/Vince to talk about arguably the greatest QB of all time?

I wasn't diverting, I was using his mechanics to make a point.
You on the other hand are trying to divert my point by saying I was the one diverting the conversation. :ack!:

None the less, I see your a Tebow fan. :)
Denver has always made stupid trades in the past, so this doesn't suprise me. Jets will be a good team for Tebow.

I concur with who ever said Vince Young is as good as he ever will be in the nfl.

bolshavik
03-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Jets are acting like Tebow might play a significant role...It better work or Rex is out boys

Tejastrue
03-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Jets are acting like Tebow might play a significant role...It better work or Rex is out boys

Just not the same game as when daddy was coaching. Rex is looking for some divine intervention aka Tebow. Lol..

Old Tiger
03-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Just not the same game as when daddy was coaching. Rex is looking for some divine intervention aka Tebow. Lol..http://thebestpictureproject.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/pulp-fiction2.jpg

Tejastrue
03-23-2012, 12:58 PM
They say "a picture is worth a thousand words." Perhaps you can break that down into just a few and say exactly what you mean sir. :wave:

Old Tiger
03-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Backup qbs get press conferences? Tebow coulda said no thanks and just did his job with no talking but the guy loves attention

buff4ever
03-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Backup qbs get press conferences? Tebow coulda said no thanks and just did his job with no talking but the guy loves attention

Old Tigger, don't you think that Tebow likes the attention for a different reason than like a T.O. or somebody? Don't you think he just sees it as another way to show people that he thanks God and isn't afraid to let everyone know that God is a part of his life? More christians could be as comfortable as he is with his beliefs and we wouldn't be in the crazy positions that modern America has us in.:)

Farmersfan
03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Old Tigger, don't you think that Tebow likes the attention for a different reason than like a T.O. or somebody? Don't you think he just sees it as another way to show people that he thanks God and isn't afraid to let everyone know that God is a part of his life? More christians could be as comfortable as he is with his beliefs and we wouldn't be in the crazy positions that modern America has us in.:)

Yea, because everybody knows Christianity will fix everything! :crazy::crazy:

Tejastrue
03-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Yea, because everybody knows Christianity will fix everything! :crazy::crazy:

Wasn't that the soul reason Rex wanted Tebow...because his team is lost?? Lol..

Farmersfan
03-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Wasn't that the soul reason Rex wanted Tebow...because his team is lost?? Lol..

Well he doesn't need Tebow for that! All he has to do is embrace the Christian "Loophole" and all is forgiven!

Tejastrue
03-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Well he doesn't need Tebow for that! All he has to do is embrace the Christian "Loophole" and all is forgiven!

Man, you didn't even acknowledge my play on the word 'soul'. :crying: Lol..

It appears the NFL uses that 'Loophole' repeatedly with the likes of Vick, Ray Lewis and so many others along the way. Nothing really Christian about the league. Oh, there are plenty of players with Christian ideals scattered throughout the NFL so I really don't understand why so many hate the Tebow story. It appears the core of this hate is derived from the fact he professes to be a Christian and is open about it and that is sad.

The mainstream media driven Christianity is total crap and I can understand why so many are turned off and disgusted with it. I often refer to it as the "original reality TV". It's not a perfect world.

Old Tiger
03-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Man, you didn't even acknowledge my play on the word 'soul'. :crying: Lol..

It appears the NFL uses that 'Loophole' repeatedly with the likes of Vick, Ray Lewis and so many others along the way. Nothing really Christian about the league. Oh, there are plenty of players with Christian ideals scattered throughout the NFL so I really don't understand why so many hate the Tebow story. It appears the core of this hate is derived from the fact he professes to be a Christian and is open about it and that is sad.

The mainstream media driven Christianity is total crap and I can understand why so many are turned off and disgusted with it. I often refer to it as the "original reality TV". It's not a perfect world.the tebow story? The guy has been a golden boy his entire life

Tejastrue
03-26-2012, 08:04 PM
the tebow story? The guy has been a golden boy his entire life

Okay....and that bothers you why....?