View Full Version : marlin vs atlanta prediction

m-square4life
12-14-2003, 08:14 PM
seeing that marlin is good on both sides of the ball i predict

28-14
what ever the score is it will be marlin by 2 tds thats a promise

raj
12-14-2003, 10:00 PM
There is no way I will make a prediction in this game. The DAWGS are on an ultimate high right now, but there is still one more game to go. Yes, we have made it to the the big dance, but we have got to remain focused and quite this week and prepare mentally and physically. One poll already has us as a 2pt under dog. I am a very dedicated DAWG fan and want nothing more than to win this game. Pretty soon a bunch of Atlanta fans will join this board and start making their own predictions. I know nothing about Atlanta, so how can I predict what our boys can do when I don't even know what Atlanta has to bring to the field.
I want the DAWGS to win this game...for the team, the town and Central Texas. Let's get 'em DAWGS!

Bell_06
12-14-2003, 10:02 PM
I just hope the weather is a little better for your game..... tooo cold out there for me :)

MarlinAluminOhio
12-14-2003, 10:07 PM
I graduated from Marlin and I played on three playoff teams. You never know what will happen come game day.

All I can say is:
Marlin bring your A game and the let the rest take care of itself. We are behind you 100%.

Just think the pressure is really off. It has only been 39 years since we have been back in this position. You have already accomplished a feat that my playoffs teams could'nt do and that's get there.

We are proud of you, wish I could be at the game! But I will be listening on the net.

===============
Sick'em DAWGZ!
===============

MarlinAluminOhio
12-14-2003, 10:26 PM
I do have a good feeling about this game.

The last time were went to the state championship game in 1964. We beat Atlanta in the quarterfinal round 20 ..to.. 14.

http://www.collier-sharp.com/19643.html

Just thought I would share that history, it just seems a little ironic.

raj
12-14-2003, 10:44 PM
MAO, thanks for the stats. It amazes me how low the scoring was in most of the games, opposed to what scores are now. My husband remembers Marlin going to the Finals in '64 (he was a young lad). Marlin was 2A back then and the team who won the toss could have home field advantage. Palacias won the toss and we had to play at their field. Times have changed!!! I wish the best of luck to the DAWGS next week. As always, I will be in Tyler cheering with all my might. Let's hope the 254 boys have another great game and can bring it on home!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-15-2003, 10:01 AM
I watched the Vernon / Atlanta game and will tell you what I know about this team.
First, they have played some very good teams this year so when they play Marlin, it will be nothing new to face a very good opponent.

They have great size and speed. I heard about their speed all last week and well they have it. So what does that mean? It means that if they ever break a run they won't get caught and will go the distance.

They have a very good defense. It is better than their offense. They have a defensive tackle that gets off the ball so fast, that he is in the back field as the ball is snapped. I'm not sure what number he was but he is the smaller of the two. They have a LB that is the best I have seen all year. Burns is his name #44. He is big and fast. He plays both ways. They only suited up 29 players so if they have some injuries it could hurt.

Vernon just didn't have the talent to beat these guys. However, the game was much closer than the score indicated. They scored with 30 seconds left before the half and went up 26 - 7 on us. Then we kicked off to them and they drive the field and score to go up 26 - 7. Their special teams is weak. They missed extra points and they couldn't punt too well.

Vernon then scores on them and it is 26 - 14. Vernon kicks an onside and gets it. But then we fumble. We hold them again and get the ball back. We drive to their 8 yard line with 4 min. left and go out on downs. That was it. They ran out the clock and while they did that they broke a 61 yard run and scored with like 1 min left.

We did hurt them with the quick pitch. They were blitzing up the gut almost every play. We also were very sucessful with the roll out pass into the flats and the wb trap. Other than that, they were so quick we just could get around the corner or in the middle. They have a really good defense. Too bad we couldn't have figured them out in the first half or stopped them before the half. So the 33-14 score was actually much closer than it showed.

It should be a very good game.

If TarponFanInNorthTexas will post he was at our game as well as the PI/Marlin game so he has seen both teams play.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-15-2003, 04:00 PM
ttt

KTJ
12-15-2003, 05:40 PM
Atlanta

Ranger Mom
12-15-2003, 06:04 PM
All I have heard about Atlanta is speed, speed and more speed.

But....that's all I heard about Daingerfield last year, no one thought those "slow" West Texas boys would be able to hang with them, but we did!

To Marlin - best of luck to you, I will make no predictions, but I will be pulling for you!

what it do
12-15-2003, 09:05 PM
i dont know about talent, but atlanta has some serious speed. like abnormal 3a speed. i saw them at the state track meet and they looked like a 5a shool. i think they ran a 3:15 mile relay or something. granted, they may have had a senior or two on there, but they were all big too. so just dont let them get the open field.

MarlinAluminOhio
12-15-2003, 10:49 PM
Check out the game summary from last week. We have a little speed of our own. I am not worried that Atlanta has speed. Both teams may live by it or die by it. It just depends.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/newsfd/auto/feed/sports/2003/12/14/1071385803.20005.9612.3879.html

kaorder1999
12-15-2003, 10:50 PM
i will never cheer against any rabbits....hehe

fred grunden
12-16-2003, 01:24 AM
I'll pick Atlanta just to help even things up. They don't seem to have many posters on here. I seem to remember that they won the 3A track meet last spring. We thought Jasper had it sewed up, but they messed up on a handoff on a relay and that put Atlanta in first.

kaorder1999
12-16-2003, 02:27 AM
atlanta 28
marlin 17

Wildcat81
12-16-2003, 02:33 AM
Good luck for both teams.

SINTON81
12-16-2003, 02:33 AM
I think Atlanta will win this one. I just happen to like the Falcons. :D :D

<small>[ December 16, 2003, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

kaorder1999
12-16-2003, 02:37 AM
SINTON81:
I think Atlanta will win this one. I just happen to like the Falcons. :D :D hehe...like i said above...i like the rabbits in this one even though they dont have jack....hehe...from a former jackrabbit

Keith7
12-16-2003, 02:42 AM
As the self proclaimed Atlanta represenative for this board, I would like to say, Atlanta is gonna run all over marlin, and if this turns into a track meet on the football field, then Marlin will be burned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marlin
http://www.cybertigger.com/art/elemental/images/firebutton.jpg

fmsc64
12-16-2003, 09:41 AM
You guys that predict score, do you predict the weather too? I don't predict score, but I know the Marlin players very well and they will put up a darn good fight! Remember those who said we wouldn't beat Port Isabel? The Bulldogs have a burning desire to win this battle and they have wanted the state championship for a long time. With skills, talent, desire, determination and the Good Lords help we will take a victory Saturday night!
May the BEST do their Best and may the very BEST be the winner!
Go Bulldogs Go!
"Come Ready Or Never Start!" wink

kaorder1999
12-16-2003, 10:01 AM
fmsc64:
You guys that predict score, do you predict the weather too? I don't predict score, but I know the Marlin players very well and they will put up a darn good fight! Remember those who said we wouldn't beat Port Isabel? The Bulldogs have a burning desire to win this battle and they have wanted the state championship for a long time. With skills, talent, desire, determination and the Good Lords help we will take a victory Saturday night!
May the BEST do their Best and may the very BEST be the winner!
Go Bulldogs Go!
"Come Ready Or Never Start!" wink my deepest apologies for doing something (predicting score) that you do not do....and yes I am found to predict the weather from time to time!

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
12-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Marlin by at least 10 points.
GO DAWGS GO

MonkeyJoe
12-16-2003, 11:49 AM
i want to say Atlanta will represent and bring home another Trophy for Region2 ...
but something is telling me that Marlin will just outplay them. good luck to both teams.

Keith7
12-16-2003, 12:58 PM
28-21 Atlanta

MarlinAluminOhio
12-16-2003, 03:13 PM
Ok...I started off not want to predict, but since I am a died hard cowboy and bulldog fan. I just can't hold back.

Marlin is going to jump all over Atlanta like fire ants on a dead rabbit...? Oops I mean a dead animal...?

Marlin 40
Atlanta 14

blue4ever
12-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Atlanta's only weakness is the special teams. Their offense is clicking and their defense has always been there. Ranger mom talked about Daingerfields speed from last year, well, I am from Daingerfield and remember that team and that game, and this Atlanta team may be kid for kid, the fastest team I have ever seen, in any classification. They have guards that beat linebackers to the corners. They played a 4A pre-district schedule, which included Texas High, and they hung with them until the very end, and play in 12-3A, which could be the toughest district in the state. There is nothing that intimidates this team. I hear Marlin is fast also, but there is no way they are Atlanta fast. Someone better know where Burns is on every play, he can take a game over all by himself. I won't make a prediction here because I know nothing about Marlin, It's a championship game so it should be a good one. Good luck to both.

M-square
12-16-2003, 04:13 PM
YEAH!THIS IS ALEXIS AND ROBIN HERE THINKING ABOUT THIS GAME,BUT NOT TOO MUCH CAUSE WE NO WE GOT THIS GAME SOLD UP.DAWGS DO WHAT YALL DO GO OUT AND BEAT ATLANTA.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
12-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Can someone put some stats and info about atlanta

Bellville22
12-16-2003, 04:31 PM
Sounds like there will be plenty of speed on the field Saturday. I find it hard to believe that any team can be that much faster than Marlin.

Two of the hottest teams in the state meet up in Tyler. Both have been rollin' something's gotta give.

Marlin is a team on a mission....

Marlin 27
Atlanta 23