PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't East Texas step up?

Not 1 school East Texas team wants to play Stephenville? Give me a list of excuses. To far, Bla Bla Bla bottom line SCARED!!! Don't wanna get hurt? Someone should grow a sack and step up or shut up. Chance of a lifetime to shut us up and show what ya got.
DOOMS A$$

Hope this fires someone up.
Football is 4 years long in Stephenville

Lion70
03-18-2012, 10:35 AM
kilgore did try if I heard right and we allready had teams.

regaleagle
03-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Before we get too far along on this subject, let's clarify a few points. Did Stephenville ever fill out their schedule for 2012? If not, what week(s) are still open? Did Stephenville ever refuse to schedule other teams while in 4A for the same reasons some schools in 3A are giving for not scheduling them now? Is is possible that these reasons are valid? Do you, as a rabid Yellowjacket fan that knows the history of the team and staff somewhat better than most of us, think that there will be a backlash of resentment and ill feelings directed toward Stephenville from other 3A schools, or vice versa, from these scheduling issues? And finally, do you think that Stephenville is SOOOO complete in their football program that it is not possible for some of the better 3A teams in the state to put an old-fashioned butt whoopin' on them? Let's get these questions answered first, and then proceed.

kilgore did try if I heard right and we allready had teams.

Maybe so I would hope someone tried. I know Brownwood should be ashamed of themselves we been playing forever and now they wanna stop cause of whatever they made up. Bottom line teams should take advantage of it and they didn't. Kinda like no one wants to fight Mayweather JR. So what if he beats your A$$ go try and break his dang jaw and shut his mouth. He is a punk by the way but ya get the point.

I'm not a hater and actually Love East Texas with a passion but I don't get it. Been on both sides of the fence and wanna see the war it would be awesome.

Lion70
03-18-2012, 10:49 AM
I think most of the east texas teams wanted to wait to beat yall in the playoffs when it counts.

Rabid Cougar
03-18-2012, 11:00 AM
This sounds like a replay of several years ago when Brownwood dropped and talked smack the whole time.

Emerson1
03-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Didn't Stephenville back out on John Tyler?

Before we get too far along on this subject, let's clarify a few points. Did Stephenville ever fill out their schedule for 2012? If not, what week(s) are still open? Did Stephenville ever refuse to schedule other teams while in 4A for the same reasons some schools in 3A are giving for not scheduling them now? Is is possible that these reasons are valid? Do you, as a rabid Yellowjacket fan that knows the history of the team and staff somewhat better than most of us, think that there will be a backlash of resentment and ill feelings directed toward Stephenville from other 3A schools, or vice versa, from these scheduling issues? And finally, do you think that Stephenville is SOOOO complete in their football program that it is not possible for some of the better 3A teams in the state to put an old-fashioned butt whoopin' on them? Let's get these questions answered first, and then proceed.

Schedule is posted on yellow jacket football website you can google it. And I don't know the history of our scheduling other than its not been easy and have scheduled teams such as Brownwood Aledo and bigger schools. I hope someone tries to put an old fashion butt woopin on us that's the point. I don't know every teams reasons but if I were a coach in East Texas And Stephenville called I would say when and where and get it on. Football in both area kick A$$ so let's hook up and get busy. hate is a strong word I'm more looking for a team to Respect. And not just say District of Doom. The only team I know we were going to Avoid was Aledo preseason if we stayed 4A but we went 3A and they are on our schedule. Heck we got a 9 game season with an open week and a bye week it sucks.

This sounds like a replay of several years ago when Brownwood dropped and talked smack the whole time.

Where are they now?

Didn't Stephenville back out on John Tyler?

Don't think so. Cody would know the details. We are having to play Montery Mexico (old mexico) for god sakes.

Ernest T Bass
03-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Don't think so. Cody would know the details. We are having to play Montery Mexico (old mexico) for god sakes.

Yes, they did back out. The game was set for week 5. JT was even going to move their open week back a week and play The Ville the week before district starts. But the The Ville came back the next day and said 3 hours was too far(even though Amarillo is a 7 hour drive, one way).

Yes, they did back out. The game was set for week 5. JT was even going to move their open week back a week and play The Ville the week before district starts. But the The Ville came back the next day and said 3 hours was too far(even though Amarillo is a 7 hour drive, one way).

I heard it was because JT did't want play because once they saw the district schedule (order) they had a good game and didn't want a back to back.

Old Tiger
03-18-2012, 11:25 AM
in34

ccmom
03-18-2012, 11:28 AM
I heard it was because JT did't want play because once they saw the district schedule (order) they had a good game and didn't want a back to back. Ummm...I think I'd go with the version of events that a JT coach is giving. Nice try, though.

Ernest T Bass
03-18-2012, 11:30 AM
I heard it was because JT did't want play because once they saw the district schedule (order) they had a good game and didn't want a back to back.

Negatory. JT's non district schedule was set until the districts were set. Then they had to come up with 2 more non district games. JT found a week 3 game with Mesquite Horn, but couldn't find a week 4 game, so they agreed to move their off week to week 4 and play Ville week 5, right before district. This all went down the day after reallignment. The next day, Ville called and backed out claiming it was too far(no mention of the trip to Amarillo). Then, Ville called Texas High and tried to schedule a game with them(an hour farther than Tyler, go figure), and couldn't work that out either.
JT then tried to fill their spot with Plano East(they said no), Dallas Skyline(they said no), and La Marque(they said yes, only if JT would either make 2 trips to LM or pay for their trip to Tyler). So, JT is now playing Nuevo Leon week 4.
This isn't what "I heard", this is what I know. I was there.

Lion70
03-18-2012, 11:43 AM
ouch facts don't bring that to a ville fan.

Negatory. JT's non district schedule was set until the districts were set. Then they had to come up with 2 more non district games. JT found a week 3 game with Mesquite Horn, but couldn't find a week 4 game, so they agreed to move their off week to week 4 and play Ville week 5, right before district. This all went down the day after reallignment. The next day, Ville called and backed out claiming it was too far(no mention of the trip to Amarillo). Then, Ville called Texas High and tried to schedule a game with them(an hour farther than Tyler, go figure), and couldn't work that out either.
JT then tried to fill their spot with Plano East(they said no), Dallas Skyline(they said no), and La Marque(they said yes, only if JT would either make 2 trips to LM or pay for their trip to Tyler). So, JT is now playing Nuevo Leon week
I was there.

Something don't add up. If JT did that then they got my respect and I wish them well. Just don't know about that one. Why would Stephenville not wanna play JT?

Emerson1
03-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Boom!

Lion70
03-18-2012, 11:46 AM
so does kilgore join the club

Old Tiger
03-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Something don't add up. If JT did that then they got my respect and I wish them well. Just don't know about that one. Why would Stephenville not wanna play JT?Because the ville didn't want to step up.

Whats hard to understand.

Lion70
03-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Something don't add up. If JT did that then they got my respect and I wish them well. Just don't know about that one. Why would Stephenville not wanna play JT?

Cause they would lose.

Someone needs to get to the bottom of this.

Emerson1
03-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Someone needs to get to the bottom of this.
Go ask your coach.

ccmom
03-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Someone needs to get to the bottom of this.I'm pretty sure ETB already did get to the bottom of it.

Ernest T Bass
03-18-2012, 11:50 AM

I wasn't in the S'ville office when the decision was made, but I'd be willing to bet that it has something to do with 16 starters returning from a semifinalist team, including 6,100 yards of offense coming back. Just a guess, though.

Old Tiger
03-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Someone needs to get to the bottom of this.http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThh35md5yIIKyYR013DdhgqQSlZUkEp zNd4Ho65ugRtS6m0f8H6QIvyMDA

coach
03-18-2012, 12:05 PM
The only thing that doesn't add up is you. We have a coached from jt telling you how it went down and you are just some ignorant fan who thinks stephenville is the goat. Jus ask brownwood how the adjustment has gone for them.

Tin Cup
03-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Brownwood has held their own in 3A. A lot of times the drop is helped or hurt by timing. In Brownwood's case we dropped and couldn't stop any offense in Texas that year. However, Stephenville is dropping with a very talented group and the timing is perfect. Stephenville will have more success in 3A than Brownwood because they historically have bigger fronts on both sides than Brownwood, and frankly they've been quite a bit better the last ten years or so with few exceptions.

Manso/V8
03-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Sounds like Stephenville was the one that was sceeered.

The only thing that doesn't add up is you. We have a coached from jt telling you how it went down and you are just some ignorant fan who thinks stephenville is the goat. Jus ask brownwood how the adjustment has gone for them.

Ignorant is a little harsh. And I still think you guys are wrong.

JT then tried to fill their spot with Plano East(they said no), Dallas Skyline(they said no), and La Marque(they said yes, only if JT would either make 2 trips to LM or pay for their trip to Tyler). So, JT is now playing Nuevo Leon week 4.

Sville is working on a week 5 game with Tyler John Tyler. The problem is that week is the week before JT starts district. After JT's district meeting and depending on who they start district with will determine if this game happens. Basically if JT gets an easy opponent to open district with then this game will happen.

From Cody on our website.

Old Tiger
03-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Ignorant is a little harsh. And I still think you guys are wrong.Ignorance means you have some knowledge...at this point you are down right stupid.

Ernest T Bass
03-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Sville is working on a week 5 game with Tyler John Tyler. The problem is that week is the week before JT starts district. After JT's district meeting and depending on who they start district with will determine if this game happens. Basically if JT gets an easy opponent to open district with then this game will happen.

From Cody on our website.

That's cute. Was a done deal as far as JT was concerned. Our district schedule was already set. No one would play us week 4,so we agreed to move our bye week back a week in order to play S'ville. Nondistrict was Lufkin, Lancaster, Lee, Horn, Bye, and Stephenville. Ville backed out b/c it was "too far". That's all there was to it.

Txbroadcaster
03-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Ignorant is a little harsh. And I still think you guys are wrong.

cmon Ville...ETB is not one to lie, of JT was the one backing out he either would say we backed out or he would simply not post at all about it.

Ernest T Bass
03-18-2012, 04:31 PM
cmon Ville...ETB is not one to lie, of JT was the one backing out he either would say we backed out or he would simply not post at all about it.

The only game we turned down was with Desoto. We played them last year and it took us 4 weeks to fully recover. They wanted to play week 1, and we were pretty confident that we could find another game. But if they had called back after reallignment and offered to play week 4, we would have accepted.

BwdLion73
03-18-2012, 06:17 PM

Bazinga!

Ignorance means you have some knowledge...at this point you are down right stupid.

I do t think Cody posted false information intentionally on his website. Not going to argue with ETB or anyone else.

bigwood33
03-18-2012, 06:53 PM
You DO know that ETB has "real" insider information since he IS on the inside, don't you? If he said that it went down a certain way, I can assure you, he is correct.

Txbroadcaster
03-18-2012, 07:27 PM
You DO know that ETB has "real" insider information since he IS on the inside, don't you? If he said that it went down a certain way, I can assure you, he is correct.

Grant to this day is happy the judge felt ETB was trustworthy instead of looking at the evidence

ccmom
03-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Ville...are you speaking of the same Stephenville message board in which some smarty posted that Wylie was chicken s&$@ for not scheduling Stephenville? Just for the record, Wylie and Stephenville had a mutual agreement to play in non-district. Somebody backed out and it wasn't Wylie. Stephenville got what they considered a "better offer" for that week so decided they wouldn't play Wylie. Then they tried to get the game back on the schedule but Wylie had already found another opponent and stuck with it...as they should have. I'm not at all saying Stephenville was scared to play Wylie because that would be silly. Just saying that sometimes things are not quite as black and white as the "they are scared to play us" posters would have people believe.

Ernest T Bass
03-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Grant to this day is happy the judge felt ETB was trustworthy instead of looking at the evidence

Especially with all the evidence against him. I mean, they found him in the trunk, WITH the naked midget! Luckily, I was able to convince the judge that the thousand island dressing was for making reubin sandwiches.

Matthew328
03-18-2012, 08:45 PM
What Cody posted was right after realignment and at the time Stephenville was considering playing JT....after that post was made Stephenville decided to NOT take the game....you'd have to ask Coach Gillespie why they chose not to take the game but they decided not to...but Stephenville did tell JT thanks but no thanks..and this is from the Stephenville coaches.

Ville-D
03-18-2012, 08:49 PM
I believe the decision not to play came from 2 things:

(1) When we found out our district schedule and our bye came week 10.
(2) When we filled the week 2 with Ozen.

After filling week 2, had we filled week 5 we would have played 10 straight weeks and I believe that the coaching staff did not want to put our kids through that. (sucks for the fans, but get over it.)

It had nothing to do with not wanting to get on the field with a better team and take a chance in getting out butts spanked. Nobody likes to get beat, but give my an example in the past 4 years when we backed down from any good teams. We played the 3 time 4a SC's 2 times a year for the past 4 years. If Cedar Hill had not agreed to play Booker T in the week 2 classic game and let us play Ozen then our coaches were about to schedule us to play Plano East. So don't go saying that we were scared to step on the field with a bigger school.

What it boils down to is that we gain nothing playing a week 5 game and not getting our kids a break in a 10 week schedule. We will be just as prepared for district with 5 predistrict games as we would have been with 6.

I wasn't in the S'ville office when the decision was made, but I'd be willing to bet that it has something to do with 16 starters returning from a semifinalist team, including 6,100 yards of offense coming back. Just a guess, though.

Matthew328
03-18-2012, 08:51 PM
It makes sense, but to be fair Stephenville turned JT down 2 weeks before they got the Ozen game

Ville-D
03-18-2012, 09:54 PM
It makes sense, but to be fair Stephenville turned JT down 2 weeks before they got the Ozen game

I guess it had more to do with point #1 then...

jason
03-18-2012, 09:58 PM

thats what i thought...

they turned down JT (and texas high?) and then got lucky that the ozen game fell into their laps...

Matthew328
03-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Who do you think gave them the lead on Ozen?? LOL

Ernest T Bass
03-18-2012, 11:11 PM
thats what i thought...

they turned down JT (and texas high?) and then got lucky that the ozen game fell into their laps...

Not sure what happened with T-High. They were set to play at Kincaid in Dallas and it fell through for some reason. But they definitely turned down JT.

Matthew328
03-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Texas High turned the Stephenville game down Week 2 from my sources

coachc45
03-19-2012, 09:35 AM
I really get sick and tired of hearing how everyone is scared of the mighty Stephenville and they can't fill their schedule! I know for a FACT they turned down John Tyler, ETB and I have very reliable inside knowledge! If you turn people down, then you have no reason to whine!

RoyceTTU
03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
this thread has fail all over it.