PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Stone

orange machine
03-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Ok I have been urinating blood on and off for a month now. I went to the urologist this last week they did a CT scan and said I have a kidney stone stuck in my ureter the tube from your kidney to your bladder. The stone is 4mm and the urologist said I had a 50/50 chance at passing it. Here is the weird thing I have had no excruciating pain in my back the only real pain I've had is in my lower abdomen and man area. Anyways I'm just sick of this it's more annoying than anything. Anybody ever had one stuck like this?

Bug Truck
03-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Have had two about that size, felt like they were basketball size passed them in 2 days. Though it seemed like 2 years,

orange machine
03-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Have had two about that size, felt like they were basketball size passed them in 2 days. Though it seemed like 2 years,
I just don't get why this thing isn't coming out. Not to mention the lack of any surious pain. Other than discomfort in my lower area.

toddg
03-17-2012, 10:24 PM
had a 10mm stone last summer...it somehow made it down my rare secondary ureter, with excruciating and non relenting pain...i hope you dont have to go thru what i had to go thru to get it out...believe me..pray that you can pass it on your own.

orange machine
03-17-2012, 10:31 PM
had a 10mm stone last summer...it somehow made it down my rare secondary ureter, with excruciating and non relenting pain...i hope you dont have to go thru what i had to go thru to get it out...believe me..pray that you can pass it on your own.
If I haven't passed it by Monday I'm gonna have them take it out. Ive wondered if I would even know when I pass it because again the lack of any real pain has been a mystery to me. Only thing I can think of is it's stuck and not moving but every so often and that's when I have some blood and discomfort in my lower area.

toddg
03-17-2012, 10:47 PM
if you didnt feel it going down your ureter, that is good, you wont have to have a stint placed if they go in to get it..they will probably give you something to raise the acidity in your bladder to help dissolve it somewhat...drink water with lemon juice..and lots of it..hopefully you pass it...i saw pics of mine and it looked like the "crystaline entity" from star trek lol! atleast i found out i have two ureters off my left kidney.

LionFan72
03-18-2012, 05:31 AM
If I haven't passed it by Monday I'm gonna have them take it out. Ive wondered if I would even know when I pass it because again the lack of any real pain has been a mystery to me. Only thing I can think of is it's stuck and not moving but every so often and that's when I have some blood and discomfort in my lower area.

Oh hell man, prayers to you!! Never had one stuck, but passed like 5. There absolutely was no comfort until that lil sucker is gone! The lemon or lime thing works wonders, good luck!

buckeyebob
03-18-2012, 05:44 AM
Had to put up with a whiney wife...they told her to pee through a wire strainer...I sure was glad she had them removed so she could get back to cooking.

bobcat1
03-18-2012, 07:30 AM
Had to put up with a whiney wife...they told her to pee through a wire strainer...I sure was glad she had them removed so she could get back to cooking. What a nice guy! Pancho's wife would have had to cook on through it.

slingshot
03-18-2012, 12:39 PM
I just don't get why this thing isn't coming out...Have you ever seen one? Some look like a grass burr...

orange machine
03-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Have you ever seen one? Some look like a grass burr...
I've never seen one in person, but I figured I would be in more pain. Not to mention the thing has been in there for a month. I would love to have the pain if it means getting it out of me. I thought I was gonna pass it yesterday because I had bad pain in my urethra for about 20 minutes then it went away now today I just have discomfort in that entire area.

Trashman
03-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Drink beer and pee through a strainer. Good luck.

turbostud
03-18-2012, 07:01 PM
What causes them?
When I was active duty I remember waking up at like 3am one morning when we were underway and finding a Helocopter Maintenance Tech lying on the floor of the head in the fetal position in pain. I just took a leak, asked him if he needed help, he said no he was passing a stone, so I went back to bed.

toddg
03-18-2012, 07:50 PM
What causes them?
When I was active duty I remember waking up at like 3am one morning when we were underway and finding a Helocopter Maintenance Tech lying on the floor of the head in the fetal position in pain. I just took a leak, asked him if he needed help, he said no he was passing a stone, so I went back to bed.

high sodium intake, perpetual dehydration is what they told me..to prevent them they told me to drink lots of water and lay off the cokes and sunflower seeds.

orange machine
03-18-2012, 08:13 PM
What causes them?
That's pretty funny.

orange machine
03-18-2012, 08:19 PM
I tell you though I've been so worried for a month because of the blood in my urine I've researched it and found all kinds of things it could be. When I found out I had a kidney stone I was so pumped,now if I can get the thing out that would be even better.

Crow22
03-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Crystal light. Drink it constantly and it breaks them down. Not kidding. I've passed 2 of them.

44INAROW
03-19-2012, 08:52 AM
What a nice guy! Pancho's wife would have had to cook on through it.

If he was being generous though, he'd give her an extra 5 minute break and a jelled pad to stand on :wave:

buckeyebob
03-20-2012, 06:32 AM
If he was being generous though, he'd give her an extra 5 minute break and a jelled pad to stand on :wave:

Give 'em an inch & they want a mile