PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Reward Decals

Bullaholic
03-16-2012, 01:00 PM
How you feel about helmet reward decals? I can take em' or leave em', provided they are not overdone.

Ernest T Bass
03-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Whatever it takes to motivate kids.

toddg
03-16-2012, 01:27 PM
i know Alvarado dont use them, but it wouldnt bother me too much if they did. I guess its a matter of where the head coach's history is..Coach Dixon is from Katy and also coached there, and i dont think they use them..
i look fwd to 2 more years of competing with the Bulls in non-district..i was hoping we would keep that going BTW.

Pendragon13
03-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Wylie doesn't use them either, and I don't think they have since Sandifer has been coach for over 20 years. He does however use the Bulldog logo on the helmets in a similar fashion....the helmets are plain purple for non-district, but sometimes they are put on before district if they have an exceptional non-district game. Whatever works..take it or leave it.

Bullaholic
03-16-2012, 01:32 PM
i know Alvarado dont use them, but it wouldnt bother me too much if they did. I guess its a matter of where the head coach's history is..Coach Dixon is from Katy and also coached there, and i dont think they use them..
i look fwd to 2 more years of competing with the Bulls in non-district..i was hoping we would keep that going BTW.

No excuse, but love to catch you guys with one of our teams on the way up....I have a lot of respect for Coach Dixon's program after playing Alvarado---could see the good coaching "pedigree" come out on the field.

Buckeye1980
03-16-2012, 01:53 PM
I do not like it because it promote induvidual play in a team sport.

Rabid Cougar
03-16-2012, 02:08 PM

Totally agree.

Maroon87
03-16-2012, 04:28 PM
How you feel about helmet reward decals? I can take em' or leave em', provided they are not overdone.

As long as they're not given out for "cart-offs" I'm OK with them.

defense51
03-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Loved them as a player, always thought the helmet covered with them looked cool. As an adult I don't care for them. Alvarado has boards in the fieldhouse listing the same type rewards- sacks, td's, de-cleaters, etc. They are more in house and just between the team, nothing advertised on the helmets.

Tejastrue
03-16-2012, 05:12 PM

Has never bothered me, even before moving to Wimberley. We use them and for the years I've lived here and supported the Texans, there has never been anything 'individual' associated with a Coach Nelms' team. It's all perspective I guess. If I recall Argyle uses them as well. Hmmm..

Ernest T Bass
03-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Nothing wrong with a little individual competition between players on the same team. If it motivates the kids, then I'm all for it.

Roughneck93
03-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Has never bothered me, even before moving to Wimberley. We use them and for the years I've lived here and supported the Texans, there has never been anything 'individual' associated with a Coach Nelms' team. It's all perspective I guess. If I recall Argyle uses them as well. Hmmm..
Nothing wrong with a little individual competition between players on the same team. If it motivates the kids, then I'm all for it.Agree with the both of you. Columbia has used them for some time now. I see nothing wrong with them.

Old Tiger
03-16-2012, 06:23 PM
I like how at Florida State they can be taken away as well.

What does your teams give them for?

We used to get them for the following reasons...

Wins
Every certain amount of catches, pancakes, and etc.
big hits(grim reaper sticker)

BaseballUmp
03-16-2012, 08:12 PM
By about week 6 people have stolen atleast half the stickers on their helmets...from Cameron atleast

Ernest T Bass
03-16-2012, 08:27 PM
By about week 6 people have stolen atleast half the stickers on their helmets...from Cameron atleast

Yoe kids need to get tougher, then. There'd be a bloodbath in the lockeroom here if that happened.

Matthew328
03-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Yoe kids need to get tougher, then. There'd be a bloodbath in the lockeroom here if that happened.

I agree, that crap wouldn't fly at E Block either..

coach
03-16-2012, 09:01 PM
If we did them at nac we would still look like we don't use them...jk....but not really

Rabid Cougar
03-16-2012, 10:53 PM

Really? We had stickers and no one ever touched them.

bulldog82
03-16-2012, 11:15 PM

OVERDONE!! Some of WHS look like they get them just for suiting out.

Old Tiger
03-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Basically it boils down to Cameron people being complete idiots.

Gone Fishing
03-16-2012, 11:59 PM

I like them and they look cool towards the end of the season. The good thing about the Texans is most of the decals you see are "team" decals. They have goals each game for the offense or Defense or special teams etc. to achieve and every player that plays one down on those "teams" gets the sticker too. There is some ind decals too but not as many as team.

Gone Fishing
03-17-2012, 12:08 AM

As I said in the other post they are more for team goals than Individual and if you play 1 or 50 plays on such "team" you get the stickers too. And frankly most of WHS guys that "just suited out" would start for yall the last several years.

Tejastrue
03-17-2012, 12:31 AM

If I remember correctly, you've been a bit anti-Wimberley for some time now. Well, we had the last last laugh, at least for 2011. You guys have been a stepchild of the district in recent years but I'm not too high and mighty that I don't realize it could all change in a heartbeat. Your program evidently needs to change. Maybe you guys need to take notice. Decals anyone??? :wave:

Tejastrue
03-17-2012, 12:34 AM

:spitlol:You need to post more during the slow times....!!!

BaseballUmp
03-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Haha my new job has kept me pretty busy the past 2 months. But yea really, non-starters were having more stickers than starters...now explain to me how that happens? Certain people had an entire booklet of stickers and would just pass them out to random people. Hell I had enough stickers for half my helmet before I even came back in like week 6...of course, that was the old coach so who knows about now.

Tejastrue
03-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Haha my new job has kept me pretty busy the past 2 months. But yea really, non-starters were having more stickers than starters...now explain to me how that happens? Certain people had an entire booklet of stickers and would just pass them out to random people. Hell I had enough stickers for half my helmet before I even came back in like week 6...of course, that was the old coach so who knows about now.

Sounds to me like it was a "get the girls" ploy! Lol...:)

Crow22
03-17-2012, 09:02 AM
We use them...however, we give 5 stickers to everybody if we win. 0 if we lose. Kids can use them however they want.

Rabid Cougar
03-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Basically it boils down to Cameron people being complete idiots.

Not all of them.

bulldog82
03-17-2012, 07:37 PM
As I said in the other post they are more for team goals than Individual and if you play 1 or 50 plays on such "team" you get the stickers too. And frankly most of WHS guys that "just suited out" would start for yall the last several years.

HaHa! knew that would hit a nerve. But, true past 2 years have been brutal. We'll see how 2012 goes for the dogs. How do you think ya'll will fair after graduating such a talented class ? Lambert kid looks to be on varsity as a soph. We will be sporting a huge line for our standards and got a RB transfer in.

regaleagle
03-17-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm not certain how Argyle uses the stickers, or what they represent. Knowing Coach Rodgers though, I would assume they are associated with something that player did outstanding to earn one. That's how they were used when I was playing in the 70's.

Gone Fishing
03-17-2012, 09:31 PM
HaHa! knew that would hit a nerve. But, true past 2 years have been brutal. We'll see how 2012 goes for the dogs. How do you think ya'll will fair after graduating such a talented class ? Lambert kid looks to be on varsity as a soph. We will be sporting a huge line for our standards and got a RB transfer in.

A small nerve though. lol. I remember worrying about the Bulldogs everytime we played, but something hasnt been good there the last few years. But like Tejas said, it can change quick. I'm not just a homer, but the Texans will be very good again. They had 9 under classmen make all district off a state championship team and some soph JV guys that will be good next year too. The Lambert kid will get a lot of playing time next year as a soph IMO. He's good. Looking for some receivers and DB's to step up, the defense will be very good again.