PDA

View Full Version : District Size Playoff Advantage?

Bullaholic
03-16-2012, 12:45 PM
How much of an advantage do you think teams in 5 team districts have in making the playoffs over 6,7, and 8 team districts? Arithmatically, it's a no-brainer, but is that all there is to it?

Ernest T Bass
03-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Venus is in a 5 team district, with Stephenville, Alvarado, Glen Rose, and Hillsboro. I wonder how they feel about their "advantage".

Bullaholic
03-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Venus is in a 5 team district, with Stephenville, Alvarado, Glen Rose, and Hillsboro. I wonder how they feel about their "advantage".

Somehow, I don't think the Venus folks are counting their "blessings", ETB. Still, lose 2 games in a 5-team district and you're usually out---lose 2 in a bigger district and you may still be alive.

Ernest T Bass
03-16-2012, 01:12 PM
It all depends on who those 7 or 4 other teams are. Venus would love to be in an 8 team district with a few FWISD teams thrown in.
That being said, I would rather be in a 5 team district. 2-8 gets you in the playoffs(1-9 in 4a and 5a), and you get more time to prepare for district. We want to win'em all, but most coaches are a lot more apt to try something new or different in non-district games than in district.

RoyceTTU
03-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Somehow, I don't think the Venus folks are counting their "blessings", ETB. Still, lose 2 games in a 5-team district and you're usually out---lose 2 in a bigger district and you may still be alive.

or win two games and your likely in for a 5 team district,,,,,,,win two games in a 7 team district and you still have work to do

GrTigers6
03-16-2012, 04:19 PM
It can go either way. For us we can beat venus and hillsboro and are in even with losses to stephenville and alvarado. BUt like it was mentioned before 3 losses in a 7 team district doesnt eliminate you. 3 in a 5 team does

regaleagle
03-17-2012, 10:35 AM
I think it's a BIG advantage for a team like Argyle that will be in a "reloading" mode early in the season. It gives us one more nondistrict game to play, and that gives our new starters a little more seasoning before the games that count start. We may have made the playoffs anyway, but it gives the coaching staff and the team more flexibility in both the scheduling and the smoothing out of the new roster.

Ville-D
03-17-2012, 12:32 PM
I just hope Stephenville can make the top 3 in district 7...

The real District of the Doomed...

Lion70
03-17-2012, 01:16 PM
I just hope Stephenville can make the top 3 in district 7...

The real District of the Doomed...

put the beer down I needed that laugh. Yall would struggle for the playoffs in 163a!

put the beer down I needed that laugh. Yall would struggle for the playoffs in 163a!

You have lost your mind. You been down on highway 155 getting to much beer. The only thing you got better than us is David Beards (ore city)and Country Tavern. PERIOD!!! see ya in the playoffs if ya make it:) We will be there count on that.

Lion70
03-17-2012, 09:17 PM
You have lost your mind. You been down on highway 155 getting to much beer. The only thing you got better than us is David Beards (ore city)and Country Tavern. PERIOD!!! see ya in the playoffs if ya make it:) We will be there count on that.

Yes easier district will do that henderson might miss it because of the Doom.

Yes easier district will do that henderson might miss it because of the Doom.

Dooms A$$. Overrated if you ask me. Get ready for Doom. I grew up in Longview had a lake house at Lone Star Lake. Father went to Daingerfield. Grew up watching East Texas football for 20 years. I've seen both and it's not the same. Do any of the DOOM schools schedule 5A or top 4A.
Or district is a joke. Alvarado is going to get spanked.
You have some good teams for sure but don't get to amped up. C'Mon Man!!!

Lion70
03-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Dooms A$$. Overrated if you ask me. Get ready for Doom. I grew up in Longview had a lake house at Lone Star Lake. Father went to Daingerfield. Grew up watching East Texas football for 20 years. I've seen both and it's not the same. Do any of the DOOM schools schedule 5A or top 4A.

YES those State Championships are nothing lol catch a clue.
Gilmer 2009 3ad1 Champs
henderson 2010 3ad1 Champs
Chapel hill 2011 3ad1 Champs

notice a trend here

YES those State Championships are nothing lol catch a clue.
Gilmer 2009 3ad1 Champs
henderson 2010 3ad1 Champs
Chapel hill 2011 3ad1 Champs

notice a trend here

Yeah I see it. You guys got your Doom party going on. I bet you crapped your pants when Kilgore, Lamarque, Stephenville went down to 3A. Oh and Yates so that's goes for basketball also maybe 2014-15

Lion70
03-18-2012, 10:40 AM
not really we beat the crap out of kilgore last year and 3 yrs in row. Plus when you play and win state your used to playing the big boys.

buckeyebob
03-19-2012, 05:03 AM
It can go either way. For us we can beat venus and hillsboro and are in even with losses to stephenville and alvarado. BUt like it was mentioned before 3 losses in a 7 team district doesnt eliminate you. 3 in a 5 team does

It all depends on what district you are in...we have 3 losses & it is round ball early.

buckeyebob
03-19-2012, 05:20 AM

Stepped over the line on this one...we are uable to schedule many 4A...they don't want their ars kicked by a 3A...there are only a couple of 5A's in East Texas...in the past four (4) seasons, the District of Doom has produced six (6) out of eight (8) 3A State Champions...now, tell me agin about
Dooms A$$. Overrated if you ask me.
Best I can tell, you would possibly be talking thru yours!