PDA

View Full Version : While we are talking about Saddam!

DogDoc
12-17-2003, 10:12 AM
This is just a question. Does anyone else get sick and tired of the news media telling us how France is our ally. Just when and how have they ever done anything to be helpful to the USA. There would not be a France if it wasn't for the Americans who died in their land. I also don't understand why they refer to Germany and Russia as our allies too. (although they don't tick me off near as much as the winos) Just because you are not at war with someone does make them our aaly.

If you disagree don't hurt me too bad. The media just makes sick with this stuff. Like they can tell us who our friends are, when its obvious they go against everything we try to do.

Now I feel a little better.

Rabbit'93
12-17-2003, 11:56 AM
All the media outlets are controlled by politicians who have there own agendas. They want to keep good relations with the French for whatever reason even though they can't stand us. It's all political. We as a people can choose what products to buy and who to support. That makes a bigger statement than anything.

pakrat
12-17-2003, 12:25 PM
Rabbit'93

Donating Member
Member # 989

Member Rated:
posted December 17, 2003 10:56 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the media outlets are controlled by politicians who have there own agendas. They want to keep good relations with the French for whatever reason even though they can't stand us. It's all political. We as a people can choose what products to buy and who to support. That makes a bigger statement than anything.

I wish we could choose. It's all made in China, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc.

pakrat
12-17-2003, 12:31 PM
If you disagree don't hurt me too bad. The media just makes sick with this stuff. Like they can tell us who our friends are, when its obvious they go against everything we try to do.
DocDog, I agree. Tired of the media acting like only they are smart enough to run this country. I can see through them but am afraid other people don't.

Wildcat81
12-17-2003, 02:02 PM
I have to agree DocDog.France jumped on the wagon
only after the fighting was over.I guess they were
afraid of getting whipped again.

3afan2K3
12-17-2003, 05:04 PM
DogDoc:
Just when and how have they ever done anything to be helpful to the USA.Actually the French sent money, equipment and troops to aid the American Patriots during the Revolutionary war

<small>[ December 17, 2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

jason
12-17-2003, 05:06 PM
2 words: French Fries

olddawggreen
12-17-2003, 05:42 PM
Statue of Liberty! Honestly though I think its been a long time since the French really liked the USA if ever. I was in France in 73 while serving in the navy. Watergate was making big news in France, they just loved seeing the US go through bad times. I will always remember the French as some of the snottyest people Ive ever met. By the way, how many wars have the mighty French ever won? Now get out the history books and think about it.

sinton66
12-17-2003, 06:16 PM
We have paid them back a hundredfold for everything those ingrates ever did for us. We saved their bacon in both World Wars, bailed them out of VietNam, gave them trillions in aid, and no telling what else. We even pay an annual fee to have the gravesites of our dead from both world wars maintained in that freaking country. I don't think we owe France anything anymore.

To top all that off, France is now about 60% Muslim, and I'm beginning to suspect most of them are radicals. With friends like France, who needs enemies?

3afan2K3
12-17-2003, 07:24 PM
<small>[ December 17, 2003, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>