PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 Thoughts and Picks

Matthew328
02-20-2003, 12:08 AM
LaVernia (23-7) vs Edna (17-10)
An interesting matchup here...Edna is a relative unknown on the scene and many in the Greater Houston area feel the Cowboys are the sleeper pick in Region 4...LaVernia is coming off a good win against Ingram Moore..should be a close one..I like the Cowboys..Matt's pick: EDNA

Halletsville (20-12) vs South SA West (22-6)
Another good matchup here..I pick against Halletsville all the time and they always prove me wrong..this time I am goin with the Brahmas..Matt's pick: Halletsville

CC West Oso (17-14) vs Hidalgo
Hidalgo won 32-3A that is all I know about em..West Oso rolled on Tuesday..West Oso has a good hoops tradition..give me the Bears..Matt's pick: CC WEST OSO

Pharr Valley View (23-10) vs Aransas Pass (25-7)
Defending regional champ AP makes their playoff debut and I don't look for the Panthers to disappoint..AP rolls..Matt's pick: ARANSAS PASS

Burnet (18-15) vs Gonzales (19-11)
Stephen McGee's return sparked the Bulldogs to an upset in Round 1..can he and Mason Templeton do it again??? Gonzales is tough and one of the favorites in the region..I like the Apaches but don't be surprised if Burnet hangs around and maybe pull the upset..Matt's pick: GONZALES

Wharton (18-15) vs Wimberley (30-3)
Wharton was able to beat Goliad with their athletes..they won't be able to do it this week..the Texans are looking strong..Wimberely rolls..Matt's pick: WIMBERLEY

Sinton (15-14) vs San Diego (20-10)
Upset pick right here..Sinton pulls the upset over the Vaqueros..setting up a possible down low Region 4 dream game...Matt's pick: SINTON

Pt Isabel (22-11) vs Carrizo Springs (17-11)
Give me the Tarpons in this one..Sinton vs PI battle for Region 4 supremacy! Now if we could only have that battle on the gridiron..Matt's pick PT ISABEL

Recap
Edna
Halletsville
CC West Oso
Aransas Pass
Gonzales
Wimberely
Sinton
Pt Isabel

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-20-2003, 11:00 AM
Matthew328:
Sinton vs PI battle for Region 4 supremacy!LOL! Matt you're too funny! Is that the only reason why you've been picking PI and Sinton in basketball as of late?

What I think need to occur is for Sinton and Port Isabel to have an annual "Battle of the Gulf Coast" non-district football game. That way, any downlow member who wants to go watch Port Isabel's "gente" and Sinton's "gente" (that's pronounced 'henteh' for those who aren't good at Spanish) go nuts all at one stadium, then they'll be more than welcome to. This Tarpon says "bring on the Pirates"!

Jacket2000
02-20-2003, 09:26 PM
No commentary this round. Check R1&2, or wait for next round.

LaVernia (23-7) vs Edna (17-10)
LV

Halletsville (20-12) vs South SA West (22-6)
Halletsville(but Im glad that South finally found something that they're good at)

CC West Oso (17-14) vs Hidalgo
CC

Pharr Valley View (23-10) vs Aransas Pass (25-7)
AP(a team with no football team can't be very good at anything)

Burnet (18-15) vs Gonzales (19-11)
Gonzales

Wharton (18-15) vs Wimberley (30-3)
Wimberley(no brainer here, folks)

Sinton (15-14) vs San Diego (20-10)
SD

Pt Isabel (22-11) vs Carrizo Springs (17-11)
CS(gotta pick on the Minnows this week).

J2K

Phil C
02-21-2003, 10:50 AM
Sorry Jacket but it is Port Aransas that does not have a football team not Aransas Pass. Aransas Pass does not only have a football team they have a good one. Last year in football they made the playoffs and played Port Isabel a great game in the playoffs before losing. They had a top running back named Tommy Blake who is also a good basketball player too who was very good last year in football and is going to TCU on a scholarship. The best way to remember which one that does have a football team is to remember that sometimes a football team will pass so you get Aransas Pass. The other one Port Aransas does not have a football team.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-21-2003, 11:53 AM
Phil C:
Sorry Jacket but it is Port Aransas that does not have a football team not Aransas Pass. Aransas Pass does not only have a football team they have a good one. Last year in football they made the playoffs and played Port Isabel a great game in the playoffs before losing. They had a top running back named Tommy Blake who is also a good basketball player too who was very good last year in football and is going to TCU on a scholarship. The best way to remember which one that does have a football team is to remember that sometimes a football team will pass so you get Aransas Pass. The other one Port Aransas does not have a football team.J2K was talking about Pharr Valley View, not AP. VV doesn't have a football team.

Phil C
02-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Sorry about my misunderstanding Jacket. I should have read your post more carefully. Thank you for the correction Tarpon.

Phil C
02-22-2003, 12:17 AM
I just got back from a great basketball game well played by two teams as the San Diego Vaqueros defeated the Sinton Pirates 67 - 65 in double overtime in a game that could have gone either way. The fans got their money's worth tonight.