PDA

View Full Version : Question for Forney fans...

Defense_Wins_Games
11-29-2003, 05:54 AM
Hey, sorry that yall lost to Gainesville, yall have had a great last 4 years...Anyway, my question...I haven't had the chance to see yall play in those last four years but I had heard a lot about your offense, and I heard about your quarterback...The other day I heard that he committed to Colorado State, I was just wondering if he was that good or what his strengths and weaknesses are...Thanks for the opinions...

Rabbit'93
11-29-2003, 11:26 AM
Height: 6'3"

Weight: 225

Speed (40 yards): 4.8

Bench Press: 285-lbs

Squat: 425-lbs

Vertical Leap: 24-inches
He is big and strong with a good arm. Pretty mobile for such a big guy.

cajun1
11-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Hey rabbit I heard that hanie is going to Colorado State but, it's not for QB it is for Line Backer is there any true to this rumor?

3afan
11-29-2003, 12:18 PM
<small>[ November 29, 2003, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

dontknowitall
11-29-2003, 03:36 PM
cajun1 and defense_wins_games,
caleb has verbally committed to colorado state as a quarterback. he also had offers from baylor and houston.
his strengths are his competitiveness (from his mom), arm strength (throws a great out-route and has a 60-65 yard arm), pocket presence, leadership ability, size, and constantly strives to get better. he is intelligent (1120-SAT) and is a winner (49-6 since his freshman year with four of those losses in the playoffs).
his stats this year are something close to 80-126-3, 1459 yards and 24 tds passing. he also has 3 tds rushing. career on varsity is something like 180-326-6, 3042 yards and 35 tds passing on a run-dominant team. he has rushed for 15 tds.
he is all-district in football and basketball since his sophomore year, including newcomer of the year in both sports. he was first team all-district in a basketball district with madison, pinkston, and wilmer-hutchins. he high jumps, triple jumps, throws disc, and runs the 400.
so, to answer your question, he is that good an athlete and a quarterback.
thanks,
dontknowitall
p.s. but his number one intangible is he is a great son.
caleb, thanks for the great run over the last four years!
i love you,
dad

Keith7
11-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Rabbit'93:
Height: 6'3"

Weight: 225

Speed (40 yards): 4.8

Bench Press: 285-lbs

Squat: 425-lbs

Vertical Leap: 24-inches
He is big and strong with a good arm. Pretty mobile for such a big guy.I remember i had him sacked 2 years ago when we scrimmaged them, and he just shook me off like it was nothing..

cajun1
11-29-2003, 04:16 PM
I was not questioning his ability to go to college your son and mine went to some football camps together and I had the privileged of talking to your son and I know he is good or forney wouldn't put him at the control of the offense team. I wished that my son had the size that your son has!
My son just wants to go to play football at a higher level...
I wish hanie the best of luck....

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: cajun1 ]</small>

Defense_Wins_Games
12-01-2003, 03:20 PM
I know your family "dontknowitall", and I know your son pretty well...Now, that I have reread my question about him it seems to me that I misphrased what I was trying to say...I know that he is a good quarterback and a good kid, I just unfortunately had never gotten the chance to see him play (either because the team that I played for was playing or because yall didn't play close enough to where I lived)...So, I only created this post to in order to read what people that had seen him play thought about his strengths as a quarterback...He made a good choice in Colorado State...If he had gone to Houston, he would have had to compete with a disadvantage...Kevin Kolb, the true freshman quarterback at Houston this year, played in Briles' system at Stephenville... Not only that, but Briles' son transferred there from Texas where he was playing safety...Although I think it is unlikely that Briles' will move his son from safety to quarterback again, there is always that possibility...Besides, Sonny Lubic is a great coach and seems to be an even better man...So, good luck to Caleb and your family, I know that he will have a good time in Fort Collins and I look forward to watching him play on ESPN on Thursday nights...

kaorder1999
12-01-2003, 03:23 PM
good qb