PDA

View Full Version : District of Doom

Farmersfan
03-13-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm saying it! 11-3A is the district of Doom in baseball. Unless things take a huge turn for the worst I expect this district to once again end the season as the toughest district in 3A baseball. Prosper 12-2, Princeton 9-1, Farmersville 12-2, Lovejoy 6-4 are all playing very good baseball right now. Although I have not been watching my Farmers play I have been told that they had a move-in pitcher from North Carolina that had become their Ace who suffered a season ending injury yet they still keep chugging along. They lost to Aubrey early in the season and lost a 1 point game to Palmer who they had already beaten once earlier. Both these teams went deep in the 2A playoffs last season and returned almost everybody. I'm guessing maybe I should make the effort to actually go watch some of these games. Has anybody watched any of these district 11-3A teams? What do you think?

FB-fanatic
03-13-2012, 10:46 PM
19-3A looks tougher, with 3 in the top 25 rankings:

1 Carthage 10-0
2 West 6-3
3 Robinson 7-1 ***
4 Texarkana Pleasant Grove 8-2
5 Argyle 8-3
6 Sweeny 8-1
7 Bridge City 7-2-1
8 Huffman Hargrave 6-2
9 Lubbock Cooper 9-2
10 Longview Spring Hill 8-1-1
11 La Grange 5-2
12 Yoakum 5-1
13 Prosper 8-2
14 Sinton 6-2
15 Wills Point 6-3
16 Princeton 9-1
17 Bridgeport 9-1
18 Liberty Hill 7-2-1
19 China Spring 6-4-1 ***
20 Somerset 9-1-1
21 Snyder 8-2
22 Columbia 8-1
23 Lorena 7-4 ***

bigwood33
03-13-2012, 11:38 PM
R
I'm saying it! 11-3A is the district of Doom in baseball. Unless things take a huge turn for the worst I expect this district to once again end the season as the toughest district in 3A baseball. Prosper 12-2, Princeton 9-1, Farmersville 12-2, Lovejoy 6-4 are all playing very good baseball right now. Although I have not been watching my Farmers play I have been told that they had a move-in pitcher from North Carolina that had become their Ace who suffered a season ending injury yet they still keep chugging along. They lost to Aubrey early in the season and lost a 1 point game to Palmer who they had already beaten once earlier. Both these teams went deep in the 2A playoffs last season and returned almost everybody. I'm guessing maybe I should make the effort to actually go watch some of these games. Has anybody watched any of these district 11-3A teams? What do you think?
Aubrey is 3A and was last year too...District 9.

buckeyebob
03-14-2012, 04:53 AM
19-3A looks tougher, with 3 in the top 25 rankings:

1 Carthage 10-0
2 West 6-3
3 Robinson 7-1 ***
4 Texarkana Pleasant Grove 8-2
5 Argyle 8-3
6 Sweeny 8-1
7 Bridge City 7-2-1
8 Huffman Hargrave 6-2
9 Lubbock Cooper 9-2
10 Longview Spring Hill 8-1-1
11 La Grange 5-2
12 Yoakum 5-1
13 Prosper 8-2
14 Sinton 6-2
15 Wills Point 6-3
16 Princeton 9-1
17 Bridgeport 9-1
18 Liberty Hill 7-2-1
19 China Spring 6-4-1 ***
20 Somerset 9-1-1
21 Snyder 8-2
22 Columbia 8-1
23 Lorena 7-4 ***

16-3A has three also...Carthrage, Spring Hill, & Gilmer...you left the Bux off your list for some reason?

Farmersfan
03-14-2012, 07:41 AM
The Farmers beat Commerce 11-0 yesterday to take their record to 13-2. I also see that Prosper went to 13-2 with a 1 point win over Argyle.

regaleagle
03-14-2012, 08:08 AM
I think you can probably use the records as a guide for the team's overall ability to win, but it will definitely come down to hitting and pitching in the playoffs against the other playoff teams to determine who's hot and who's not. Even in High School baseball with a "short" season, a team can turn on its ear sometimes. Everything must be hitting on all cylinders for team to continue winning thru the entire playoff season. That's where good pitching and timely hitting comes into play. Up to this point, teams are honing their players for district play and a run in the playoffs. Good luck to all the teams from here on out. Play Ball!!

ccmom
03-14-2012, 08:40 AM
My dad always corrected me when I was a kid if I said someone won a baseball games by a "point" instead of a "run". Now it drives me crazy to hear/read someone else use the term "point" in a baseball game. Anyway...carry on...;)

Horns13
03-14-2012, 09:42 AM

FF - Yes, Farmers are looking solid so far on the season and playing pretty well all around. The move-in from NC is out (prayers out to him and his family) and would have certainly helped the staff but he never stepped on the mound this season before getting hurt. Everybody pulling together on the team and picking each other up so I think we have enough talent to make a run but

Farmers played a tough 5A Durant,OK team Monday night in OK and got and outstanding pitching peformance by Rodgers (1-hitter) and got timely hitting to win 4-1..going to need a lot of that once District starts as every game will be crucial with 5 legitimate teams that can make a run at the playoffs. Regaleagle said it best, it all comes down to pitching and timely hitting so I guess we'll see what happens Tuesday night vs. a tough Princeton team.

Farmersfan
03-14-2012, 09:47 AM
My dad always corrected me when I was a kid if I said someone won a baseball games by a "point" instead of a "run". Now it drives me crazy to hear/read someone else use the term "point" in a baseball game. Anyway...carry on...;)

Every run is worth 1 point in baseball just as every TD is worth 6 points in football. It is acceptable to say a team won by 6 points or by 1 touchdown. It's just a matter of semantics..............

ccmom
03-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Every run is worth 1 point in baseball just as every TD is worth 6 points in football. It is acceptable to say a team won by 6 points or by 1 touchdown. It's just a matter of semantics.............. I was making fun of myself because it drives me crazy, but thanks for the little lesson. :rolleyes:

Saggy Aggie
03-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Every run is worth 1 point in baseball just as every TD is worth 6 points in football. It is acceptable to say a team won by 6 points or by 1 touchdown. It's just a matter of semantics.............. while technically correct, it doesn't change the fact that you sound like a moron if you say you won a baseball game by a point.

ccmom
03-14-2012, 10:05 AM
while technically correct, it doesn't change the fact that you sound like a moron if you say you won a baseball game by a point.Dad? Is that you?? ;)

Farmersfan
03-14-2012, 10:09 AM
while technically correct, it doesn't change the fact that you sound like a moron if you say you won a baseball game by a point.

Well I guess since I was "technically correct" then I am batting .500 in this discussion...............:wave:

Farmersfan
03-14-2012, 10:13 AM
FF - Yes, Farmers are looking solid so far on the season and playing pretty well all around. The move-in from NC is out (prayers out to him and his family) and would have certainly helped the staff but he never stepped on the mound this season before getting hurt. Everybody pulling together on the team and picking each other up so I think we have enough talent to make a run but

Farmers played a tough 5A Durant,OK team Monday night in OK and got and outstanding pitching peformance by Rodgers (1-hitter) and got timely hitting to win 4-1..going to need a lot of that once District starts as every game will be crucial with 5 legitimate teams that can make a run at the playoffs. Regaleagle said it best, it all comes down to pitching and timely hitting so I guess we'll see what happens Tuesday night vs. a tough Princeton team.

Thanks for the update. I was told the injured move-in from NC just recently got hurt. Is this young man a senior or will he be playing football next season? And have you watched any of the Lovejoy, Princeton or Prosper games? I see where Princeton has already beaten Prosper and Lovejoy once this season. Is Princeton the top dog in the district?

Tin Cup
03-14-2012, 10:26 AM
If you use "point" instead of "run" in baseball, you lose all credibility. Does Farmersville win football games by runs???

ccmom
03-14-2012, 01:14 PM
If you use "point" instead of "run" in baseball, you lose all credibility. Again, that's what I grew up thinking. Now, (right or wrong) when I hear someone use the term "points", I automatically think to myself that the person talking doesn't know much about baseball. I'm kinda narrow minded like that. ;)

Farmersfan
03-14-2012, 01:39 PM
If you use "point" instead of "run" in baseball, you lose all credibility. Does Farmersville win football games by runs???

Your analogy might actually make a little sense if I had said the baseball team won by a touchdown. Please try again later! Thanks for playing......... :)

OldNavy
03-14-2012, 09:43 PM

Farmersville can't win football games by running or passing! :cheerl:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I know Farmersville has a really good program.