PDA

View Full Version : Redskins Make Massive trade

Txbroadcaster
03-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Trade THREE first round picks and a 2nd for the chance to draft RGIII

Tejastrue
03-09-2012, 11:08 PM

LOL. Washington has wanted him from the get go!!

Emerson1
03-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Sad to see RGIII go there. Really wanted to see him have a shot at a good career.

Roughneck93
03-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Wow! Nice haul for the Rams.

injuredinmelee
03-10-2012, 12:20 AM
now that Al Davis is dead, Snyder is the only bigger idiot than Jerry Good Ol Boy Jones.

Roughneck93
03-10-2012, 12:26 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrqPBwAQtSlqVxu_ZNzPCN2fXUeGvaJ 89Exq3I5mlhrJjbXhfDRA

Looking4number8
03-10-2012, 08:39 AM
I hate to see RGIII go to the Redskins, I was looking forward to cheering for him, oh well, time for him to be a hated rival again.

Rabid Cougar
03-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Someone tell him about John Elway!

skins4life
03-10-2012, 10:22 AM
:
Sad to see RGIII go there. Really wanted to see him have a shot at a good career.

It could happen. I remember a QB that played for Shanahan that had pretty good career and has 2 SB rings. :tongue:

skins4life
03-10-2012, 10:25 AM
now that Al Davis is dead, Snyder is the only bigger idiot than Jerry Good Ol Boy Jones.
He's still not has big of an idiot as JJ. :clap:

Rabid Cougar
03-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Someone tell him about John Elway!

As in refusing to play for them.

4x100jackets
03-10-2012, 10:47 AM
He's still not has big of an idiot as JJ. :clap:

Love it we got the fastest QB in the League...Blitz him and see what he does to you....
Opposing DC's will be very wise not to blitz every down...This will open up the run game big time...Linebackers stay home and hope he does not get by you!!!

I could not watch another yr of REXY....I would puke.

skins4life
03-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Love it we got the fastest QB in the League...Blitz him and see what he does to you....
Opposing DC's will be very wise not to blitz every down...This will open up the run game big time...Linebackers stay home and hope he does not get by you!!!

Rex or John for another season would have made me want to KILL myself or even worse, become a Cowboy fan. UUGGG :ack!:

SintonFan_inAustin
03-10-2012, 11:47 AM
who is RGIII? haven't kept up with football stuf with baseaball season going.

Saggy Aggie
03-10-2012, 01:17 PM
who is RGIII? haven't kept up with football stuf with baseaball season going.really?

He won the heisman this year...

icu812
03-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Great trade for the Rams. Skins sold the farm to get RGIII, not a good situation for a rookie QB IMO. Maybe the Colts should have kept Manning, traded the #1 overall for an even better trade package and rebuilt their team? Both these young QB's look like studs but so did Ryan Leaf and J.Russell. Colts almost drafted Leaf over P.Manning that year. I just don't like betting the future of your team on an unproven QB. Maybe they both turn out to be franchise QB's or maybe they turn out to be R.Leaf and J.Russell. If I'm a GM I don't take that chance I trade for multiple #1's.

Leopard4Life
03-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Great trade for the Rams. Skins sold the farm to get RGIII, not a good situation for a rookie QB IMO. Maybe the Colts should have kept Manning, traded the #1 overall for an even better trade package and rebuilt their team? Both these young QB's look like studs but so did Ryan Leaf and J.Russell. Colts almost drafted Leaf over P.Manning that year. I just don't like betting the future of your team on an unproven QB. Maybe they both turn out to be franchise QB's or maybe they turn out to be R.Leaf and J.Russell. If I'm a GM I don't take that chance I trade for multiple #1's.

:iagree:

That is too high a price for potential. A team gives up that much it has to be for a "sure thing".

bigwood33
03-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Both these young QB's look like studs but so did Ryan Leaf and J.Russell.
Did you actually watch all 4 of these QB's in college? There is no comparison between the 2 young guns from this year and those 2 remarkable busts. Ryan Leaf looked really good for 1 season at WSU but he certainly didn't "WOW" anyone with his smarts. Combine that with his drug habit and you get what he gave you....nothing. Jamarcus Russell was not outstanding at LSU..just big with a HUGE arm. Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin have done "it" for multiple years and both are working on their Masters. There are no "sure things" but they are MUCH closer to being one than the 2 that you mentioned.

bobcat1
03-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Trade THREE first round picks and a 2nd for the chance to draft RGIII RGIII is great but not 3-1st rounders and a 2nd rounder worthy. Snyder is an idiot. He and Jerry must be kin.

bigwood33
03-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Snyder... He and Jerry must be kin.
Either kin or suffering from the same "delusions of grandeur" problem...their egos are out of control.

Txbroadcaster
03-10-2012, 06:43 PM
RGIII is great but not 3-1st rounders and a 2nd rounder worthy. Snyder is an idiot. He and Jerry must be kin.

in reality only two actual first being lost, the third one is a flip

We are now in a QB league, this is the price

Trashman
03-11-2012, 12:55 PM
There are no absolutes, remember Matt Leinart.

navscanmaster
03-11-2012, 01:50 PM

He does not like getting hit. The NFC East is not a good starting place for him. I hope he proves me wrong though, I really like RG3 as a person and athlete.

Emerson1
03-11-2012, 02:54 PM
He does not like getting hit. The NFC East is not a good starting place for him. I hope he proves me wrong though, I really like RG3 as a person and athlete.

He told you that?

No quarterback LIKES getting hit.

coach
03-11-2012, 04:04 PM
He told you that?

Stephen McGee does. Lol

Roughneck93
03-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Pierre Garcon just tweeted that he has signed with the Skins.

hollywood
03-13-2012, 04:35 PM
He told you that?

I know what he means. He has more maturity now than in HS obviously. But used to cry a lot when he got hit. I saw him throw a temper tantrum after he was sacked 2 consecutive plays in HS. Cost him an ejection.

icu812
03-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Did you actually watch all 4 of these QB's in college? There is no comparison between the 2 young guns from this year and those 2 remarkable busts. Ryan Leaf looked really good for 1 season at WSU but he certainly didn't "WOW" anyone with his smarts. Combine that with his drug habit and you get what he gave you....nothing. Jamarcus Russell was not outstanding at LSU..just big with a HUGE arm. Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin have done "it" for multiple years and both are working on their Masters. There are no "sure things" but they are MUCH closer to being one than the 2 that you mentioned.

Yes I did. Both guys were studs in college and had all the physical tools. I do agree because of their "smarts" both Luck & RG have better shots than Leaf & Russell did. Still though IMO the Skins gave up way to much. Lots of very good NFL QB's are drafted later on in the draft. If Washington's only need was at QB I might be on board. IMO getting RGIII was as much about selling seats as it was about building a team. I hear their season tickets sales have already jumped. I've got nothing against RGIII I can't wait to see him play. Btw, the Redskins drafted a QB #3 overall in 1994. That QB won 3 state titles in HS, was HS player of the year, was a stud in college, was 2nd in the Heisman voting and is currently a congressman (not sure how smart that makes him but he isn't stupid lol). He turned out to be one of the biggest draft busts of all time............Heath Shuler. Meanwhile, Kurt Warner went undrafted in 94 and the Redskins ended up starting their 7th round pick Gus Frerotte over Shuler.

Third
03-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes I did. Both guys were studs in college and had all the physical tools. I do agree because of their "smarts" both Luck & RG have better shots than Leaf & Russell did. Still though IMO the Skins gave up way to much. Lots of very good NFL QB's are drafted later on in the draft. If Washington's only need was at QB I might be on board. IMO getting RGIII was as much about selling seats as it was about building a team. I hear their season tickets sales have already jumped. I've got nothing against RGIII I can't wait to see him play. Btw, the Redskins drafted a QB #3 overall in 1994. That QB won 3 state titles in HS, was HS player of the year, was a stud in college, was 2nd in the Heisman voting and is currently a congressman (not sure how smart that makes him but he isn't stupid lol). He turned out to be one of the biggest draft busts of all time............Heath Shuler. Meanwhile, Kurt Warner went undrafted in 94 and the Redskins ended up starting their 7th round pick Gus Frerotte over Shuler.

Body of work in college. Shuler was a one-year wonder.
Shuler's best season: 64.6% 2,354 yds, 25 TDs 8 INTs. The year prior he threw for just over 1,700 and 10 TDs with 4 INTs.

icu812
03-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Body of work in college. Shuler was a one-year wonder.
Shuler's best season: 64.6% 2,354 yds, 25 TDs 8 INTs. The year prior he threw for just over 1,700 and 10 TDs with 4 INTs.

He was a legit 1st rd talent. Every team in the league thought highly of him. I have no problem with a team drafting a QB in the 1st rd as there is obviously a higher percent chance of getting a pro bowl QB. Stats show that about 40% of the QB's drafted in the 1st end up playing in at least 1 pro bowl. The Colts should definately draft Luck since he is available to them without having to trade up. However, I do have a problem with trading mutliple #1's for a 40% chance of drafting a very good QB. Just my opinion though and if RGIII turns out to be pro bowl QB then they made the right call.

ogg
03-15-2012, 06:17 PM

Gambling a teams future on one guy. This of course isn't as bad as the "The great train robbery" of Herschel Walker but it sort of reminds me of it.

BEAST
03-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Remember when NO traded all their picks for Ricky Williams?

BEAST