PDA

View Full Version : Argyle playing in State Championship Saterday

firstdown
03-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Argyle takes the air out of the ball and beats Lubbock Estacado 41-34.

Good Job Boys!!

firstdown
03-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Only I think it's Saturday instead.....

rb585
03-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Are we sure it's not Saturdey?

regaleagle
03-08-2012, 06:26 PM
I think the Miller Bucs will pose a considerable style threat to our Eagles. They play a tenacious, roaming defense with some slashing to the basket on offense. It will be interesting to see how each team will play the other. We know that Argyle will try to control the tempo of the game, play ball control and defense, and pick their spots offensively. Miller appears to be able to handle that kind of pace, so let's get ready to ruuuumble for the state final. Go Eagles!!!

Sportshack
03-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Argyle is sure having a good run this year!

waterboy
03-09-2012, 05:23 PM
They are, and I would love to see them FINISH the deal this time. Play YOUR GAME, Eagles. CONTROL THE PACE and TAKE CARE OF THE BALL and you will be fine. Y'all can do this. GO EAGLES!

mwrams
03-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Coach Tabor has taken the Graford Jackrabbits all the way to the State Title Game tomorrow night.
So here we are(Mineral Wells) kind of eating a little crow because some school board member could not mind his business and we lost Coach Tabor to Graford this past season.
Wonder how that idiot feels now?

regaleagle
03-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Probably doesn't even know the situation. OR would never admit to making a mistake and being too judgemental. That's usually the case for those types.

Leopard4Life
03-09-2012, 07:50 PM
They are, and I would love to see them FINISH the deal this time. Play YOUR GAME, Eagles. CONTROL THE PACE and TAKE CARE OF THE BALL and you will be fine. Y'all can do this. GO EAGLES!

I've seen Argyle play twice this year. They have Very Disciplined kids with a coach that makes excellent substitutions and smart game plan changes. As much as I hate saying this.... "go eagles".

Sorry, can't do the caps and !

SintonFan
03-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Go Bucs!!!

RPF2666
03-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Good Luck Eagles!

Coach Tabor has taken the Graford Jackrabbits all the way to the State Title Game tomorrow night.
So here we are(Mineral Wells) kind of eating a little crow because some school board member could not mind his business and we lost Coach Tabor to Graford this past season.
Wonder how that idiot feels now?

Lost more than a Coach.

MustangFootball
03-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Go bucs!!!! Bring another state title to corpus and district 31 for the second year in a row. Good luck

defense51
03-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Good luck eagles!

mwrams
03-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Very true. We lost his son Zach also. Kind of like the hiatus a couple of the girls took to Brock.

regaleagle
03-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Today is a very big day for the Argyle clan. Argyle started out as a basketball school, and has been a basketball power team since its inception in both 2A and 3A. The boys basketball team has never won a state title yet, a tall order to achieve when you consider the teams in Texas that have had programs for years and years. Getting by the likes of the Dallas District 12 teams in Region 2 every year has been a daunting task. Many times the team that beat Argyle in the Region Final won state that year, or at least was in the state final championship game. It will mean much to the school and fanbase to win this game. It would also put Argyle in an almost unsurmountable lead in the Lone Star Cup standings for the year. I believe Abilene Wylie is now in 2nd place, overtaking Lovejoy with the win their girls team had in the state basketball tourney. And now they are trying to win the state tennis meet as well. Luckily, Argyle is also represented at the tennis tourney with teams and players that can add points to our total. Good luck to the Eagles today. Play like a champion and bring home the gold to Region 2 and Argyle.

LionFan72
03-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Congrats on an amazing season, only one to go! Go Eagles!

ccmom
03-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Regaleagle...team tennis doesn't count toward the lonestar cup for 3A because it's not a UIL event. Argyle has had an amazing year. Good luck today!