PDA

View Full Version : Longview Spring Hill coach resigns

Buckeye1980
03-08-2012, 11:59 AM
He knows to get out while he can...No Gilmer, Kilgore, Henderson, Chapel Hill for him......from Longview News Journal

Spring Hill High School athletic director and head football coach Bill Poe informed his coaches and players this morning he plans to resign today and become offensive coordinator at Marble Falls High School.

Poe said he will turn in an official letter of resignation later today.

“I talked to the coaches and kids this morning and told them my plans,” Poe said. “As far as an official resignation, that hasn’t been done but will be done later. I just wanted to tell the kids and coaches before they heard from outside sources.”Poe took over at Spring Hill before the 2010 season, and went 6-14 in two years as the Panthers’ head football coach. His first team in 2010 finished 4-10, and the Panthers were 2-8 in 2011.

He was offensive coordinator for three seasons at Southlake Carroll before coming to Spring Hill. He’ll join former Southlake Carroll head coach Todd Dodge at Marble Falls.

“Going to Marble Falls and working for Todd Dodge, this was just an opportunity taht was presented to me and I felt like at this time in my career, for my family and for myself, it was the best decision,” Poe said.

Poe said he expects to leave for Marble Falls in April.

"As for Spring Hill, the school and the community, this place will alwas hold aspecial place in my heart for the time me, my wife and kids have shared here,” Poe said. “The Spring Hill district has been tremendous to me and my family. It wasn’t an easy decision to leave. We put in a lot of thought and prayer about it, but I just felt like it’s the best thing for me and my family at this time.”