jim furyk's golf swing

you and I may be the only ones that think thats funny :iagree:

95mustang
03-07-2012, 08:24 PM
jim furyk's golf swing

It is ugly but effective.

ccmom
03-07-2012, 08:38 PM
you and I may be the only ones that think thats funny :iagree: Haha...my husband calls himself Furyk. Their swings are very similar...with slightly different results. ;)

MGAR
03-07-2012, 11:00 PM
I was gonna say Walter Hagens golf swing... Never seen it but pretty much any golf movie based in that time frame had someone say his swing was awful.

Looking4number8
03-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Haha...my husband calls himself Furyk. Their swings are very similar...with slightly different results. ;)

Which rent-a-husband is that?

ccmom
03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Which rent-a-husband is that? It's Thursday...shouldn't you be playing Bingo, Gramps? ;)

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Is there anything more ugly or more effective than Dirk's one-legged jumper? :D

When it's on, I love it! But seriously, effective? I'm thinking a standard faceup jumpshot or a 7 footer driving to the hole is way more effective than that ackward nonsense. Could Dirk's increased reliance on this shot be the reason why his shooting percentage is down? Or could it be that since he already has his ring he isn't spending quite as much time in the gym?

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 11:20 AM
When it's on, I love it! But seriously, effective? I'm thinking a standard faceup jumpshot or a 7 footer driving to the hole is way more effective than that ackward nonsense. Could Dirk's increased reliance on this shot be the reason why his shooting percentage is down? Or could it be that since he already has his ring he isn't spending quite as much time in the gym?

Dirk was on the BS report podcast over all star break and he said why he struggle this year

He said he should have never played in the Euros...with the season, the play offs and the Euros he ended up playing over 103 games and when it was time to get ready for this season his knee just had taken to much toll to respond right away and was swollen and locking up from the moment the season began.

And the stats bear that out...btw he has been using that one legged jumper his whole career so he was hitting it when his FG% was better

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Dirk was on the BS report podcast over all star break and he said why he struggle this year

He said he should have never played in the Euros...with the season, the play offs and the Euros he ended up playing over 103 games and when it was time to get ready for this season his knee just had taken to much toll to respond right away and was swollen and locking up from the moment the season began.

And the stats bear that out...btw he has been using that one legged jumper his whole career so he was hitting it when his FG% was better

Makes sense. But just like Shawn Marion's stupid shot I can't help but think that any miss could have been avoided if they had only shot a more high percentage shot. The statistics don't prove it but I will swear that based on me watching every single game that Shawn Marion misses more short easy shots than any player in the NBA. And when Dirk misses that ugly one-legged fade away I have to catch myself from thinking that if he had just shot the damn ball like a NORMAL person maybe he could make a shot............................ Silly I know! Ecspecially if you consider that a "normal" shot for Dirk probably would have been blocked because he has the jumping ability of a snail...............

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 12:05 PM
yet most feel Dirk is a top 5 shooter

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 01:42 PM
yet most feel Dirk is a top 5 shooter

#12 in points and #37 in percentage in the NBA this season.

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 01:54 PM
#12 in points and #37 in percentage in the NBA this season.

yep this one season..who some are saying is a down year, yet 12th in points.

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 01:59 PM
yep this one season..who some are saying is a down year, yet 12th in points.

I think the fact that this season's numbers are viewed as "Down" tells us what kind of career Dirk has had.

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 02:01 PM
I think the fact that this season's numbers are viewed as "Down" tells us what kind of career Dirk has had.

exactly..dude has been a beast his whole career..and if you look at the last 15 games he is rounding back into form

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 02:18 PM
exactly..dude has been a beast his whole career..and if you look at the last 15 games he is rounding back into form

A big part of his down numbers on the season might be because of his horrible January. He only broke 20 points 4 times in 15 games in January. His February and March has been way, way better.