PDA

View Full Version : Wow..Cant Chant USA anymore

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 04:31 PM
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/07/10602066-racist-texas-high-school-apologizes-for-fans-usa-chant-after-basketball-game?ocid=todmsnbc11

Matthew328
03-07-2012, 04:40 PM
You gotta look at the context of what happened, a similar incident happened last year when Cedar Park played Lanier...Lanier's basketball team which is mostly hispanic played all white Cedar Park...Cedar Park's students chanted Arizona, Arizona and USA, USA the whole game....but they didn't do it for any other games they played..there was a stink made about it and probably rightfully so because we know what the implication was there..

Fast forward to Saturday and Alamo Heights (not sure if all white, but certianly majority white) played Edison (mostly hispanic)...at the end of the game Heights student section chants USA, USA...AHISD addresses the issue quickly and handles it as best they could...funny how after beating Lake Travis the Alamo Heights students didn't chant USA, USA after they won that game..lol

BwdLion73
03-07-2012, 04:45 PM
I understand what you are saying but what about the mexican fans who come to the sporting events with the mexico flag that you see them cheering and waveing around?

sic'em
03-07-2012, 04:48 PM
that is pretty racist. something needs to be done to make an example that that is not acceptable.

Matthew328
03-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Whats the context of your scenario? Is it a game involving Mexico as a country??

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Whats the context of your scenario? Is it a game involving Mexico as a country??

his context is the mexican-americans who are citizens of the US but chant Mexico chants when Mexico plays here in soccer

Matthew328
03-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Do they have dual citizenship?? LOL I'll be falling into that category soon...I'll be living in Canada and have Canadian citizenship but if USA plays Canada guess who I am cheering for...

Cam
03-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Do they have dual citizenship?? LOL I'll be falling into that category soon...I'll be living in Canada and have Canadian citizenship but if USA plays Canada guess who I am cheering for...

Canada???

Matthew328
03-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Canada???

That would be a large negative..

Cam
03-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Holy crap!....this thread has potential.....a la madre!!!....I'll be back.......

Cam
03-07-2012, 05:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biFPi0rSgaA&feature=related

Bullaholic
03-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Canada???

Yep, before too long Matt will only know about bluechip hockey players, and speak with a slight French accent....:D

Matthew328
03-07-2012, 05:19 PM
http://www.kens5.com/news/Ethnic-taunting-mars-Alamo-Heights-postgame-celebration-141646503.html

Ya think the Alamo Heights student section would throw down some chants when they play Kimball??

Matthew328
03-07-2012, 05:20 PM
http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Superintendent+Statement.pdf

Here is the letter AHISD sent out..I think it does a good job in outlining why what happened was wrong

BwdLion73
03-07-2012, 05:26 PM
I agree with you that it was wrong. I just think it depends on who your freedom fighter is. Montebello High School comes to mind.

Matthew328
03-07-2012, 05:31 PM
I agree with you that it was wrong. I just think it depends on who your freedom fighter is. Montebello High School comes to mind.

SLIGHTLY different deal though, pretty much an apples to oranges comparison...basketball game vs. political rally...

Ville-D
03-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Must be a slow news day.

Eagle 1
03-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Retarded.

Cam
03-07-2012, 06:10 PM
For some reason...this thread reminded me of a middle school football game I once saw......whenever the opposing team did something good, some lady from across the field began to ululate (ululation)...and let me tell ya, that ululatin' stuff travels a long way!!!......so, as I was expectin', it didn't take long for kids on my side of the field to start to mimic her.....yeah, I'm sure some folks were gettin' pissed.....but at least nobody blew themselves up!.....oohh, I shouldn't have said that!.......oops!.....like I've said before, I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally!.....:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md7OvU5JIcI

Leopard4Life
03-07-2012, 06:57 PM

Stephenville...

Sorry, couldn't resist! :stirpot:

Los Owls
03-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Well,it's crazy when u have kids acting that way.Lucky upset parents did not get involved after hearing that.Those kids chanting will not be allowed to attend the State Tournament according to the Alamo Heights Rep.But,in another SA school Lanier, you have 95% hispanics and the basketball guys bleach their hair blonde when they make the playoffs.Why,i have no idea.Are they mocking the white players,hmm who knows.So,whats's the difference in chanting USA,and bleaching your hair blonde when your 95% hispanic.Just curious.

Ville-D
03-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Stephenville...

Sorry, couldn't resist! :stirpot:

Sorry no "Matts" can cheer for us. Bad MoJo

Matthew328
03-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Well,it's crazy when u have kids acting that way.Lucky upset parents did not get involved after hearing that.Those kids chanting will not be allowed to attend the State Tournament according to the Alamo Heights Rep.But,in another SA school Lanier, you have 95% hispanics and the basketball guys bleach their hair blonde when they make the playoffs.Why,i have no idea.Are they mocking the white players,hmm who knows.So,whats's the difference in chanting USA,and bleaching your hair blonde when your 95% hispanic.Just curious.

Bleaching hair blonde is done by a LOT of teams, typically to show unity during the playoffs...(see Southlake Carroll)

Emerson1
03-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Geez TXB you have really been off your game today.

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Geez TXB you have really been off your game today.

how so? I posted an article and it is getting reaction

turbostud
03-08-2012, 01:17 AM
About 5 or 6 years ago Brownsville Porter beat Coppell in the Soccer state title game and the Coppell fans did the same thing.

Saggy Aggie
03-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Another stupid thread

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Another stupid thread

then dont read it or comment on it

pancho villa
03-08-2012, 10:21 AM
When I was in high school the all white schools used to always chant "taco benders" at us. I never got it. LOL

pirate4state
03-08-2012, 10:21 AM
tragic

Phil C
03-08-2012, 10:29 AM
We may not have all the relevant facts according to the article. We may have seen only part of it on the video. It was said the other side was chanting Alamo Whites as well as making fun of a handicapped person on the Alamo Heights side. At a school function a father got upset at seeing his girl get hit and complained but it turned out he only saw that part and missed where his girl had started it off by hitting the other girl. Very relevant indeed.

I remember a few years ago when Sinton played Devine in a softball game playoff (Sinton won). The Sinton girls' parents had got together and gave me a t-shirt before the game. About half of the team was Hispanic and when a Devine softball fan walked by she said "We are going to have tacos tonight." It didn't make me feel good at all and I was probably more upset than the players. The ironic thing was that their pitcher (who was a good one) was Hispanic. Talk about irony and racists. I know this was just the action of one fan and not the community as a whole but it is a bad reflection.

jason
03-08-2012, 10:38 AM
made the front page

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1035/20120308093711q.jpg

the comments are funny

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Bunch of Height fans are saying they chant USA at pep rallies and other games...and one of the kids who started the chant is Hispanic..also as Phil C said Edison was supposedly chanting Alamo Whites and making fun of a diabled Heights student

http://ironicsurrealism.com/2012/03/07/chanting-usa-usa-is-racist-but-alamo-whites-isnt/

pirate4state
03-08-2012, 11:06 AM
:sleeping:

Cam
03-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Bleaching hair blonde is done by a LOT of teams, typically to show unity during the playoffs...(see Southlake Carroll)

Personally, I dislike the bleached hair thing.....I've got a few of em' (no bleach needed) on my testicles and I hate em'!!.....and if they're there to show a unified pair of balls, I think my balls could care less cause they ain't got a choice in the matter.....they're stuck together for life...unified or not!!........:ack!:.....I know...I know....TMI........geez...I need to leave this place for good......maybe I'll just go to the Brownwood website and corrupt that site.....hmmm....:thinking:

pancho villa
03-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Personally, I dislike the bleached hair thing.....I've got a few of em' (no bleach needed) on my testicles and I hate em'!!.....and if they're there to show a unified pair of balls, I think my balls could care less cause they ain't got a choice in the matter.....they're stuck together for life...unified or not!!........:ack!:.....I know...I know....TMI........geez...I need to leave this place for good......maybe I'll just go to the Brownwood website and corrupt that site.....hmmm....:thinking:

What a great rant!!!!!

Emerson1
03-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Bunch of Height fans are saying they chant USA at pep rallies and other games...and one of the kids who started the chant is Hispanic..also as Phil C said Edison was supposedly chanting Alamo Whites and making fun of a diabled Heights student

http://ironicsurrealism.com/2012/03/07/chanting-usa-usa-is-racist-but-alamo-whites-isnt/

That doesn't matter. We should all know by now only white people can be labeled "racist" (which is thrown around way to much, in no way is this racist).

Phil C
03-08-2012, 12:39 PM
:sleeping:

"WAKE UP!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa3HXdqNWIM

Eagle 1
03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
That doesn't matter. We should all know by now only white people can be labeled "racist" (which is thrown around way to much, in no way is this racist).

I'll be damn....I agree with Emerson on this.

Cam
03-08-2012, 01:55 PM

Well....you started it!!..:taunt:...(I'll give you a rant!)...Look, here's the deal: Racism sucks! I for one do not consider myself a racist...albeit I probably should be to some extent cause I've been called every name in the book growin' up as a kid....I was the only Latin fella growin' up in a rich area of Houston only cause my dad was given a rent-free home right by the country club he was hired to work for....yes, we were the only poor folks. I still remember one of my 5th grade buddies coming over to pick me up to go to the movies...(his dad was an oil exec.) Good ol' blue-eyed blonde-haired Richard took a look at my humble home and said almost disgustingly, "You live here?".....I almost beat his ass but he was a little guy and my best friend!...
For the most part, I loved goin' to school there. Most kids treated me like I was special or something just cause I looked different....but there were moments I'll never forget. I remember gettin' off the bus and hearin' the taunts from boys and girls like, "dirty Mexican", "spic", "wop", "beaner", and here's the best one, "sand monkey"!!...The next day, I would seek out the culprits and pick a fight..even with the girls!....It's funny to think back at how most kids didn't have the genitalia to say things while I was "on the bus"!......Greendawg, now you know why I'll pick a fight with a woman too!:)...
See, most kids would look at me and couldn't tell what the hell I was! So, they'd cover their bases and use every name in the book! lol.......All they knew was I had this awesome skin tone that nowadays many white folks try to obtain at tanning salons!...(the hell with the cancer risks right?):2thumbsup.......even today, my own kids get asked all time, "are you Italian?"...or, "what are you?"......When people ask me now what I am, I just say, "I'm a Handsomecan-American", and leave it at that!!......Ain't that right Greendawg?....come on now, I've seen you checkin' me out!!:eek:..just kiddin' buddy,....just kiddin'...I know I'm gettin' old and ugly......well, maybe just old.....
I remember my dad telling me when he was a kid, all minorities had to sit in the upper balcony of the movie theatre in the small town he grew up in....Man, I would've loved that!...I'd be flickin' little bits of gum and all sorts of things down to the lower level!:stirpot:
Anyways, I'm proud to say that I've raised all my kids to be color blind...they could care less about your skin pigment....There's only two types of people I don't have time for: IGNORANT ones and MEAN ones!!.....and, I think we can all agree you'll find both types in every color there is!!.....If you're not one of these types, then I'm your friend.....and I just want to kiss you!!.......and now you know my whole life story!!!.......:taunt:

RMAC
03-08-2012, 02:31 PM

Yeah, but you won't hear that part in the media and we all know it. White people are evil racists and will be the downfall of all mankind. Get over it. I hope I live to see the day when people quit finding something to cry about anytime things don't go their way. If Heights loses this game, we never hear a thing about it. Thank you and have a good day.

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 03:22 PM
I always try to look at things logically and have always been the type of person that asks if something makes sense or not. On this situation I have to ask: Why would a bunch of white kids chant "USA" at any time other than in a competition against a team that isn't "USA"? Seriously, think about this a moment. Chanting your mascot, your team name or your team color is showing allegiance to your team and makes perfect sense. Chanting "USA" in a competition with another USA team is a little off center and makes no sense at all. And chanting it in a pep rally for yourselves is certainly weird under every circumstance. And my 50 years of life has pretty much taught me that if it doesn't make sense then it probably isn't true! I do know, on the other hand, that a large percentage of teenage kids would think it hilarious to chant "USA" as a way to indicate to another team that they don't consider them USA. I'm thinking this is exactly what happened. But I also wouldn't consider this a racist thing. There are just as many caucasians that are Mexicans as there are people of hispanic heritage. A chant of USA seems to say "Go back to Mexico" and not "Go back to being hispanic"! So wouldn't it be more Nationalist than Racist?

Matthew328
03-08-2012, 03:25 PM
I always try to look at things logically and have always been the type of person that asks if something makes sense or not. On this situation I have to ask: Why would a bunch of white kids chant "USA" at any time other than in a competition against a team that isn't "USA"? Seriously, think about this a moment. Chanting your mascot, your team name or your team color is showing allegiance to your team and makes perfect sense. Chanting "USA" in a competition with another USA team is a little off center and makes no sense at all. And chanting it in a pep rally for yourselves is certainly weird under every circumstance. And my 50 years of life has pretty much taught me that if it doesn't make sense then it probably isn't true! I do know, on the other hand, that a large percentage of teenage kids would think it hilarious to chant "USA" as a way to indicate to another team that they don't consider them USA. I'm thinking this is exactly what happened. But I also wouldn't consider this a racist thing. There are just as many caucasians that are Mexicans as there are people of hispanic heritage. A chant of USA seems to say "Go back to Mexico" and not "Go back to being hispanic"! So wouldn't it be more Nationalist than Racist?

But also ask yourself would they have chanted that if they were playing Dallas Kimball or Houston Yates? Whats the difference here?

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 03:41 PM
But also ask yourself would they have chanted that if they were playing Dallas Kimball or Houston Yates? Whats the difference here?

Of course they wouldn't have because it wouldn't have fit! That's why I say it was intentional and the message was clear. But the message wasn't intended to insult the RACE of the other team but to insult the NATIONALITY of the other team. It was stupid and immature.
Two toddlers sitting in a sand box and one gets angry over something. He points at the other kid's red hair, big nose, glasses, excess weight, pock mark, birth mark, skin color or any other distinguishing feature and uses it as a reference in an insult. It's human nature and it has happened since the beginning of time. Children nickname other children based on physical attributes. In my opinion it doesn't become "Racist" until that distinquishing feature is the reason for the anger and not just the tool used to try hurt because of the anger. This is where I believe our society has lost it's way. If a person can call another person Fatty or 4 eyes and it isn't viewed just as bad as calling another person a racial name then we have lost our perspective. Just my opinion.

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 03:55 PM

Sorry, I missed your meaning in the first response. I see your point. But really for it to be racist then wouldn't it have ONLY apply to the race? This team could chant USA at any other team regardless of what color the players were and wouldn't it mean the exact same thing? Even another white team could be insulted this way. Wouldn't this indicate they should go back to England or Scottland? :)

Matthew328
03-08-2012, 04:01 PM
They could be but they didn't chant it when they beat Lake Travis the week before and hadn't done it in the playoffs up until beating Edison..coincidence??? The whole chanting USA, USA thing at a pep rally seems like a stretch IMO...

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 04:20 PM
They could be but they didn't chant it when they beat Lake Travis the week before and hadn't done it in the playoffs up until beating Edison..coincidence??? The whole chanting USA, USA thing at a pep rally seems like a stretch IMO...

If you read what Height students are saying, they say they DO chant it all the time including pep rallies

Matthew328
03-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Thats what the students are saying but I think its a stretch to say the least..I talked to two different people who were at the game (one media, one who was in the stands) and neither of them heard the "Alamo Whites" chant that's been thrown out either..

If and IF this was such a regular occurance at games and events for Alamo Heights, why were they so quick to shut it down at the game..the chant lasted all of five seconds and it got canned...

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 04:38 PM
If you read what Height students are saying, they say they DO chant it all the time including pep rallies

Seems to me by now you would understand that there is two sides of every story. The side they WANT you to know and then there is the TRUTH. Like I said before, at some point it has to make sense. Chanting USA at any event other than a competition against NON-USA teams seems like a huge stretch. A chant is started to show support for the chanter's side of a competition so why would they chant something that supports BOTH sides of a competition. And if it doesn't make sense then it most likely didn't happen. If humans are anything they are predictable..................

Matthew328
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Seems to me by now you would understand that there is two sides of every story. The side they WANT you to know and then there is the TRUTH. Like I said before, at some point it has to make sense. Chanting USA at any event other than a competition against NON-USA teams seems like a huge stretch. A chant is started to show support for the chanter's side of a competition so why would they chant something that supports BOTH sides of a competition. And if it doesn't make sense then it most likely didn't happen. If humans are anything they are predictable..................

Also remember first instinct and reaction says a lot...if chanting USA, USA was a normal thing for Alamo Heights I'd imagine it would have taken a lot longer than five seconds or so for adminstrators to stop it....the administrators first reaction was to shut it down quick

BILLYFRED0000
03-09-2012, 09:48 AM
I just thought they were being clever.

USA means U suck a**.

Los Owls
03-09-2012, 10:09 AM

Well said....:iagree:

Old Tiger
03-09-2012, 11:33 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/091/284/eso_es_racista.gif?1294075992

Ville-D
03-09-2012, 12:50 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/091/284/eso_es_racista.gif?1294075992

USA, USA, USA, USA.... repeat

Cam
03-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Yeah, but you won't hear that part in the media and we all know it. White people are evil racists and will be the downfall of all mankind. Get over it. I hope I live to see the day when people quit finding something to cry about anytime things don't go their way. If Heights loses this game, we never hear a thing about it. Thank you and have a good day.

Yeah,...them media folks do like to stir things up....I hear ya......Don't worry RMAC, white folks are no more racist than anybody else...and, they won't be the reason for mankinds downfall.....the world's terrorists will take care of that....and most of them at the moment ain't white!!:eek:......but, you gotta admit, you white folks are some crazy sons-a-bitches!!.....ya'll always gotta do stuff in grand style....ever notice most mass murders involve white folk?..noooo, they just can't go killin' one at a time...it's gotta be a dozen or so!!!...lol.......I'm tellin' ya, don't go pissin' off no Irishman...specially if his hair is as orange as a sunset in December!!......Another example is those darn Canucks up the road a ways.....thank goodness for hockey over there where they can unleash their anger on each other....otherwise, they'd be swingin' their sticks at people on the streets!.......that's some loco crazy right there.....:crazy::).....ya'll have a great spring break....I'm headin' south hopefully to do some coastal fishin'...anybody need anything from Padre??....a seashell perhaps?......

Farmersfan
03-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah,...them media folks do like to stir things up....I hear ya......Don't worry RMAC, white folks are no more racist than anybody else...and, they won't be the reason for mankinds downfall.....the world's terrorists will take care of that....and most of them at the moment ain't white!!:eek:......but, you gotta admit, you white folks are some crazy sons-a-bitches!!.....ya'll always gotta do stuff in grand style....ever notice most mass murders involve white folk?..noooo, they just can't go killin' one at a time...it's gotta be a dozen or so!!!...lol.......I'm tellin' ya, don't go pissin' off no Irishman...specially if his hair is as orange as a sunset in December!!......Another example is those darn Canucks up the road a ways.....thank goodness for hockey over there where they can unleash their anger on each other....otherwise, they'd be swingin' their sticks at people on the streets!.......that's some loco crazy right there.....:crazy::).....ya'll have a great spring break....I'm headin' south hopefully to do some coastal fishin'...anybody need anything from Padre??....a seashell perhaps?......

Not to stir up trouble or anything but maybe Whites are the only Serial Killers because they are the only race smart enough to not get caught before they can do it 12 times!!!!!!! :stirpot::stirpot:

Tejastrue
03-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Maybe this is the answer...LOL...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2111600/Heart-disease-drug-combats-racism.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Cam
03-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Not to stir up trouble or anything but maybe Whites are the only Serial Killers because they are the only race smart enough to not get caught before they can do it 12 times!!!!!!! :stirpot::stirpot:

LOL!!...the only race smart enough?...well, I doubt it....shoot...you don't even know the difference between a serial killer and a mass murderer!!.....I never said anything bout a serial killer!....you might just be as big a dumb-ass as I!!...we should hang out sometime.:)...I know Farmersville....used to go to a small machine shop there run by two very old gentlemen.....they reminded me more of hoarders (stuff everywhere) than machinists.....can't remember the place, my memory issues just won't let me recall things sometimes....(I got "part-heimers").....anyways......

Cam
03-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Maybe this is the answer...LOL...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2111600/Heart-disease-drug-combats-racism.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

lol.....break out the propranolol!....dangit Greendawg...is that the only reason you and I get along???..

Farmersfan
03-09-2012, 04:32 PM
LOL!!...the only race smart enough?...well, I doubt it....shoot...you don't even know the difference between a serial killer and a mass murderer!!.....I never said anything bout a serial killer!....you might just be as big a dumb-ass as I!!...we should hang out sometime.:)...I know Farmersville....used to go to a small machine shop there run by two very old gentlemen.....they reminded me more of hoarders (stuff everywhere) than machinists.....can't remember the place, my memory issues just won't let me recall things sometimes....(I got "part-heimers").....anyways......

Dang it! Foiled again....................

Cam
03-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Dang it! Foiled again....................

it happens.....so, you wanna hang out?.......you by any chance "Class of 79"??

Ville-D
03-10-2012, 01:15 AM
So when the Prepa Tec of Monterrey team rolls through Texas would it be appropriate then?

http://goo.gl/Bt00Q