PDA

View Full Version : Wharton???

Gobbla2001
11-17-2003, 04:53 PM
Did they happen to play an ineligible player?

Sorry, when the football slogan your senior year was 'Whatever it takes', you have to find ways to advance in the playoffs ha jk...

They're very big and have a better offense than I thought...

On the defensive side of the ball, their strength (from what I saw) really isn't that big D-line, it's the fast and very athletic secondary, they may give the passing attack some problems (notice I said 'may' give, simma down now)...

The one thing I'll go ahead and tell Burnet is, if they have a 3rd and 1 or 3rd and short on the goal line, go ahead and count it... Heard isn't gunna fall backwards...

whrtntig1
11-18-2003, 08:54 AM
A Remark like that is how crap gets started. No ineligible player played. We beat you because that night we had the better team. So just go sit on Burnet's side and watch the game.

Soleus
11-18-2003, 09:03 AM
whrtntig1:
A Remark like that is how crap gets started. No ineligible player played. We beat you because that night we had the better team. So just go sit on Burnet's side and watch the game.Whoa, take it easy. As a third party I will bring to your attention that Gobbla2001 did say "ha j/k." Most of Gobbla2001's comments were positive from what I read it as.

jason
11-18-2003, 09:10 AM
whrtntig1:
A Remark like that is how crap gets started. No ineligible player played. We beat you because that night we had the better team. So just go sit on Burnet's side and watch the game.easy big guy...dont lose all you're respect before you gain it in the first place...

jason
11-18-2003, 09:11 AM
Soleus:

whrtntig1:
A Remark like that is how crap gets started. No ineligible player played. We beat you because that night we had the better team. So just go sit on Burnet's side and watch the game.Whoa, take it easy. As a third party I will bring to your attention that Gobbla2001 did say "ha j/k." Most of Gobbla2001's comments were positive from what I read it as.Yeah, I suppose most of them are worth reading...aint that right gobbla.... :D :D :D

LogieJoeBean001
11-18-2003, 09:36 AM
I was going to post this on another thread, but feel I must here. I send this out, not only to Wharton fans, but all fans. Let's remember to represent ourselves, our team and our communities with pride. Be ever mindful what you put in writing because it can come back to bite you in the booty. Consider the response that we might arouse from others, it may not be the kind of response that is desired. I do get caught up in comments from time to time, when I feel that myself, my team(s) or community has been wronged. I'm very emotional about that. But take things for what they are, (Gobbla's comment) was meant as a joke. Even I can take a joke. We sometimes need to not take ourselves so seriously and learn to laugh a bit. It's been said that it takes a lot less muscles to smile than it does to frown.

Another very important thing to me that seems to be seriously lacking, at times, all around us these days everywhere, is GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP! That's just how I was raised back in them thar Pineywoods and those values I still hold on to and believe firmly in.

I'll get off my soap box now!

<small>[ November 18, 2003, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: LogieJoeBean001 ]</small>

BIG19
11-18-2003, 09:40 AM
LogieJoeBean001:
I was going to post this on another thread, but feel I must here. I send this out, not only to Wharton fans, but all fans. Let's remember to represent ourselves, our team and our communities with pride. Be ever mindful what you put in writing because it can come back to bite you in the booty. Consider the response that we might arouse from others, it may not be the kind of response that is desired. I do get caught up in comments from time to time, when I feel that myself, my team(s) or community has been wronged. I'm very emotional about that. But take things for what they are, (Gobbla's comment) was meant as a joke. Even I can take a joke. We sometimes need to not take ourselves so seriously and learn to laugh a bit. It's been said that it takes a loss less muscles to smile than it does to frown.

Another very important thing to me that seems to be seriously lacking, at times, all around us these days everywhere, is GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP! That's just how I was raised back in them thar Pineywoods and those values I still hold on to and believe firmly in.

I'll get off my soap box now!Very well said. I hope everyone reads this. Thanks.

LogieJoeBean001
11-18-2003, 10:00 AM
The pleasure was all mine! I speak just what I feel!

whrtntig1
11-18-2003, 10:08 AM
All I'm trying to say is when you joke around like that someone somewhere will believe there is truth to that. Look at some of the posts; most of you guys are just trying to get a rise out of readers to make the post more interesting. So just root for your team in a positive way and remember that there's another team who worked just as hard to get way they are.

whrtntig1
11-18-2003, 10:10 AM
..to get where they are..

PAINTBALL
11-18-2003, 04:26 PM
jason:

whrtntig1:
A Remark like that is how crap gets started. No ineligible player played. We beat you because that night we had the better team. So just go sit on Burnet's side and watch the game.easy big guy...dont lose all you're respect before you gain it in the first place...I happen to agree with whrtntgl instead of you Jason. Gobbla makes post in such a way where people who haven't been around along enough to see that he is joking read the post as being serious. Then when people take offense, he says "I was just joking." In my opinion this is intentional and he knows just what he is doing, and so do you. Instead of defending these post and jumping on those who don't understand and take offense let's beat up on the source. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_117.gif

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-18-2003, 05:41 PM
I certainly agree with Paintball and the young gentleman from Wharton.

Has anyone else noted that a VERY large portion
of Gobbla's "jokes" at at someone elses expense.
I wanted to point out in no small order when Cuero lost last weekend, all the crap that Gobbla had put out. However, out of respect to the other
many fine folks from Cuero, I kept my little fingers off the keyboard. At NO TIME have I seen any such restraint from Gobbla. Whatever comes into his mind we get to partake of.

I have not seen any of his "jokes" that added to
the fine discussion of 3A football.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

crabman
11-18-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm still gonna take Burnet and the points to beat the Chiefs. Ease up people. Life's short.

PAINTBALL
11-18-2003, 05:53 PM
crabman:
I'm still gonna take Burnet and the points to beat the Chiefs. Ease up people. Life's short.LoL

whrtntig1
11-19-2003, 12:44 PM
Thank you Great Burnet fan but I think my Husband would disagree with you about the young man :) By the way my daughter is captain of our drill team so watch her dance Sat. She's awesome!
(just some mom's pride since I didnt have sons)

dawg03
11-19-2003, 02:25 PM
whrtntig1:
A Remark like that is how crap gets started. No ineligible player played. We beat you because that night we had the better team. So just go sit on Burnet's side and watch the game.I agree with him as well, but I will say that we don't want him on our side Saturday! Good Luck whrtntig1 :D

whrtntig1
11-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Good luck to you,too Dawg03. May the game be injury free, and may all the Burnet fans have a safe trip to and from Victoria :)

olddog73
11-19-2003, 04:21 PM
dawg03:

whrtntig1:
A Remark like that is how crap gets started. No ineligible player played. We beat you because that night we had the better team. So just go sit on Burnet's side and watch the game.I agree with him as well, but I will say that we don't want him on our side Saturday! Good Luck whrtntig1 :D We will welcome everyone on our side that wants to support the Green Dogs!