PDA

View Full Version : Keith Brooking is a thug

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 03:37 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Keith-Brooking-sued-over-unpaid-loans.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

thug right?

Saggy Aggie
03-07-2012, 03:43 PM
No but a moron.

Emerson1
03-07-2012, 03:53 PM
I was expecting worse.

defense51
03-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Not sure this qualifies him as a thug.

defense51
03-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Probably qualifies him to run for congress.

bobcat1
03-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Probably qualifies him to run for congress.This

Tejastrue
03-07-2012, 09:51 PM
The article states alleged, not found guilty. How many banks do people really trust, especially the with recent bailouts of so many? Thug...maybe the accusation is misdirected.

marler1972
03-08-2012, 08:25 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Keith-Brooking-sued-over-unpaid-loans.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

thug right?

thug
   [thuhg]
noun
1. a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

I dont see him as a thug.

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 08:29 AM
I guess no one saw the sarcasm of calling him a thug when people were saying Dez was a thug because of his non-payment issues

RoyceTTU
03-08-2012, 08:32 AM
I guess no one saw the sarcasm of calling him a thug when people were saying Dez was a thug because of his non-payment issues

I'll take the under of 10 min for the first racial remark :1popcorn:

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 08:51 AM

Really TXB? Really? Could you EVER take a more narrow view of something than you are on this subject?

jason
03-08-2012, 08:53 AM

nm...

Ville-D
03-08-2012, 08:58 AM
over

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Really TXB? Really? Could you EVER take a more narrow view of something than you are on this subject?

WTH are you talking about

SWMustang
03-08-2012, 09:36 AM
I think he's talking about how you're baiting the racial discussion by comparing the two situations.

regaleagle
03-08-2012, 09:51 AM
I don't know if "thug" is the right terminology here. More likely a "financial failure" or "deadbeat" would be a more appropiate description for the situation.

buff4ever
03-08-2012, 09:56 AM
I missed the last few discussions on Dez, but I think the difference would be that Dez has had more thug like instances around him that would cause people to have that opinion. If you take just one instance it make make you question someones character, but not necessarily tag them a thug. Money issues along with several other conflicts can all lead to a thug tag.

regaleagle
03-08-2012, 09:56 AM
And I understand he is trying to protect his other resources from being used to pay the debt, but that still falls in the "financial failure or deadbeat" category, regardless of his net worth. Somewhere along the line, he mismanaged a whole lot of $$$. Now, it has caught up with him.

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 09:58 AM
I think he's talking about how you're baiting the racial discussion by comparing the two situations.

had nothing to do with race had to do with the word thug.

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 10:11 AM
WTH are you talking about

What I was talking about is that you are attempting to compare two situations that don't even exist in the same hemisphere! You completely ignore mountains of differences in the two occurrences and zero in on the ONLY similarity between the two events in order to try and make a point. Next thing we know you might want to equate a little old senior citizen lady who get stopped by cops after she takes sacramental wine at church to a repeat DUI offender! It certainly wouldn't be any more of a stretch.......

Saggy Aggie
03-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Haha farmer actually makes sense.

These last two threads by txb have been pretty weak

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 10:48 AM
ok for last time..it was sarcasm..I dont think Brooking is a damn thug because of this and I was not comparing the two situations holy crap people

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 10:57 AM
ok for last time..it was sarcasm..I dont think Brooking is a damn thug because of this and I was not comparing the two situations holy crap people

Give us a little bit of credit TXB. Everybody on here knows exactly what your intent was in bringing up this situation in the manner that you did. You don't think Brooking is a thug but you also don't think Dez is a thug and you tried to draw a correlation between the two. Your "sarcastic" comment was meant to imply that since nobody is calling Brooking a "thug" then they also should not have called Dez a "thug". That is comparing the two.......:)

RoyceTTU
03-08-2012, 10:58 AM
over

damn, i forgot not everyone shows up to work as early as I do :doh

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Give us a little bit of credit TXB. Everybody on here knows exactly what your intent was in bringing up this situation in the manner that you did. You don't think Brooking is a thug but you also don't think Dez is a thug and you tried to draw a correlation between the two. Your "sarcastic" comment was meant to imply that since nobody is calling Brooking a "thug" then they also should not have called Dez a "thug". That is comparing the two.......:)

I am not sure I ever commented on Dez being a thug or not, I have commented that the word is thrown out way to much

If I had meant to tie it into Dez's situation alone I would have made that known on original post

SWMustang
03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
have you ever expressed on this board that thug is a racist term for black athletes that get in trouble but rarely if ever used on white athletes?

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 01:53 PM
have you ever expressed on this board that thug is a racist term for black athletes that get in trouble but rarely if ever used on white athletes?

pretty sure I have not, but I post alot LOL

hsbtex
03-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I liked it TXB :)