PDA

View Full Version : Pssstttt, Farmer....

Bullaholic
03-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Peyton is available. Should the Cowboys go after him? :D

Farmersfan
03-07-2012, 03:21 PM

If they could get him for a good price I would say yes. Certainly not for the 28 million he was due in Indy. I know the idea would be that he could come in and mentor Romo but I have no doubts whatsoever that Manning would replace Romo fairly quickly in this system. Yes, even a old Peyton Manning! Hell, even old man Kitna put up career numbers with this team so could you imagine what a healthy Peyton Manning might do? It might turn out to be me that gets educated on the subject but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure everybody who has been a practicing Romosexual would soon realize just how much Romo has been lacking in the leadership category. But it would never happen because I promise you Jerry Jones knows these things too and for him to allow a old Peyton Manning to show up his franchise failure would be very self incrimminating. He would not allow that.................

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 03:30 PM
You really want a 36 yr old QB with neck issues and no mobility behind that line?

And no if Manning came in Romo would be gone, they would not keep both

and Kitna had a career year??? really?

Farmersfan
03-07-2012, 03:43 PM
You really want a 36 yr old QB with neck issues and no mobility behind that line?

As opposed to a 31 year old QB with "WIN" issues?

2010: Jon Kitna started 10 games:

88.9 QB rating. best of career
65.7 completion percentage. Best of career.
7.4 average per pass. best of career.
147 yards rushing. 2nd best of career (behind 2006)

Some of these stats were better in Kitna's rookie season but he only started 1 game and only played in 3 total games. Like I said: Kitna's best career season was 2010 in Dallas.................

http://www.nfl.com/player/jonkitna/2501630/profile

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 03:49 PM
As opposed to a 31 year old QB with "WIN" issues?

2010: Jon Kitna started 10 games:

88.9 QB rating. best of career
65.7 completion percentage. Best of career.
7.4 average per pass. best of career.
147 yards rushing. 2nd best of career (behind 2006)

Some of these stats were better in Kitna's rookie season but he only started 1 game and only played in 3 total games. Like I said: Kitna's best career season was 2010 in Dallas.................

http://www.nfl.com/player/jonkitna/2501630/profile

the only win issue Romo has is because the media and fans think all wins or losses come from the QB and nothing else..I will say it again..if you think Romo was the problem this past year then I question your football knowledge

and I will say Kitna's best year was 03..about the same stats in 200 more passes( in fact had only 3 more ints in that amount of passes)

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 03:50 PM
And BTW..Manning his whole career has been saddled with the win issue as well, even after he won a SB because he turned around and lost one.

Farmersfan
03-07-2012, 03:52 PM

I also need to point out that your feelings about Manning having "No mobility" and Romo being mobile is lunacy. The Cowboys consistently have a better O-line than Indy has in Peyton's career and Romo has been sacked way more often than Manning had. Setting up your blocks and getting rid of the ball is far more important than "mobility"......

Farmersfan
03-07-2012, 03:56 PM
the only win issue Romo has is because the media and fans think all wins or losses come from the QB and nothing else..I will say it again..if you think Romo was the problem this past year then I question your football knowledge

and I will say Kitna's best year was 03..about the same stats in 200 more passes( in fact had only 3 more ints in that amount of passes)

Doesn't matter what you would say about Kitna's best year. THE FACTS show it to be 2010. All those things you mentioned are accounted for by QB rating, average yards per pass and completion percentage. Unless you think YOUR opinion trumps ESPN and the NFL? A old, immobile QB put up his best statistical season with the "TRASH" that Romo was saddled with all this time. Oh the shame....................

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 03:58 PM
I also need to point out that your feelings about Manning having "No mobility" and Romo being mobile is lunacy. The Cowboys consistently have a better O-line than Indy has in Peyton's career and Romo has been sacked way more often than Manning had. Setting up your blocks and getting rid of the ball is far more important than "mobility"......

hmm so the fact that Manning has only been sacked more than 20 times once since 03 is all on him( and yes his release is PART of the reason)
So I guess when Romo got hurt Kitna should have not been sacked that much right...oh wait he was sacked 21 times in 10 games

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Doesn't matter what you would say about Kitna's best year. THE FACTS show it to be 2010. All those things you mentioned are accounted for by QB rating, average yards per pass and completion percentage. Unless you think YOUR opinion trumps ESPN and the NFL? A old, immobile QB put up his best statistical season with the "TRASH" that Romo was saddled with all this time. Oh the shame....................

No I just trust stats in a season where he threw 200 more passes..be like saying a RB who only had 100 carries had a better season than a RB who had 300 carries because of the averages.

Farmersfan
03-07-2012, 04:03 PM
And BTW..Manning his whole career has been saddled with the win issue as well, even after he won a SB because he turned around and lost one.

He has also been saddled with a much less talented team for most of his career. With Manning the Colts win 11 games in 2010 and the exact same team without Manning but with almost the exact same team in 2011 they will be drafting 1st in the upcoming draft. With Romo in the first 6 games of 2010 the Cowboys go 1-5 and with Kitna the rest of the way they perform at a much higher level. You have excuses and reasons for this but it still remains a fact that for whatever reason Romo could not get the team to perform for him through 6 games. It's not all the QB's fault but it's as much his fault as it is anyones..............

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 04:06 PM
He has also been saddled with a much less talented team for most of his career. With Manning the Colts win 11 games in 2010 and the exact same team without Manning but with almost the exact same team in 2011 they will be drafting 1st in the upcoming draft. With Romo in the first 6 games of 2010 the Cowboys go 1-5 and with Kitna the rest of the way they perform at a much higher level. You have excuses and reasons for this but it still remains a fact that for whatever reason Romo could not get the team to perform for him through 6 games. It's not all the QB's fault but it's as much his fault as it is anyones..............

Because the problems of the 2011 colts went far beyond Manning..anyone who thinks Manning was the ONLY reason they went 2-14 again is not watching..even with Manning last year they would be an 8-8 9-7 team..that is whole reason Colts are releasing him..they see that this team is in rebuild mode and having a 36 year old QB would not benefit them one bit pother than hurting their draft status

And how was Manning's teams less talented? He had at one point two 1st round WRs one a HOF, the other on the cusp and TWO first round RBs...a first round TE and a solid O-line..along with multiple first round D players including two who were defensive players of the year at some point

Saggy Aggie
03-07-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm going to agree with farmer on one thing, and that's that 90% of manning not taking sacks was all him. Just getting rid of the ball precisely when he had to to avoid sacks. His line was never that special. Peyton's best attribute was getting rid of the ball accurately under heavy pressure

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm going to agree with farmer on one thing, and that's that 90% of manning not taking sacks was all him. Just getting rid of the ball precisely when he had to to avoid sacks. His line was never that special. Peyton's best attribute was getting rid of the ball accurately under heavy pressure

oh I agree he was a reason, as was the system..but you dont have players like Saturday and Glenn on the O-line and say it was ALL him.

If Manning gets credit for his O-line, then so should Romo..they just did it with different styles and systems

Farmersfan
03-07-2012, 04:28 PM
hmm so the fact that Manning has only been sacked more than 20 times once since 03 is all on him( and yes his release is PART of the reason)
So I guess when Romo got hurt Kitna should have not been sacked that much right...oh wait he was sacked 21 times in 10 games

I'm not understanding TXB. Are we comparing Romo to Kitna or Romo to Manning? Your comment was that Manning had "no mobility". I was simply pointing out that a old QB with "no mobility" was the reason that Indy team won 11 games in 2010. If you think Romo could go to Indy and win 11 games with that team then I seriously question YOUR football knowledge...........

Farmersfan
03-07-2012, 04:42 PM
oh I agree he was a reason, as was the system..but you dont have players like Saturday and Glenn on the O-line and say it was ALL him.

If Manning gets credit for his O-line, then so should Romo..they just did it with different styles and systems

Question: If Peyton Manning and Tony Romo had been switched 6 years ago what recent history about these two teams would we be talking about right now? I will go out on a limb and say that if you consider that Tony Romo could not even break the 3rd backup position here until they added 11 Pro Bowlers then it makes sense that Romo would not have even gotten the starting job in Indy. On the other hand Peyton Manning would have been dominate with this Dallas team of 07', 08' and 09'. I claim 2 superbowl appearances for the Cowboys in those 3 seasons with Peyton Manning! How's that for jumping the shark???? :cheerl:

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm not understanding TXB. Are we comparing Romo to Kitna or Romo to Manning? Your comment was that Manning had "no mobility". I was simply pointing out that a old QB with "no mobility" was the reason that Indy team won 11 games in 2010. If you think Romo could go to Indy and win 11 games with that team then I seriously question YOUR football knowledge...........

the 2010 Colts won 10 games, and MANY said it was showing that the team was in a transition period which again was shown last year..do you think if Manning would have played all 16 games they would have went from 2-14 to 10-6 or 11-5? If so then he is the greatest QB ever and that cant be disputed because he would have won 8-10 games on his own

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Question: If Peyton Manning and Tony Romo had been switched 6 years ago what recent history about these two teams would we be talking about right now? I will go out on a limb and say that if you consider that Tony Romo could not even break the 3rd backup position here until they added 11 Pro Bowlers then it makes sense that Romo would not have even gotten the starting job in Indy. On the other hand Peyton Manning would have been dominate with this Dallas team of 07', 08' and 09'. I claim 2 superbowl appearances for the Cowboys in those 3 seasons with Peyton Manning! How's that for jumping the shark???? :cheerl:

yea that is jumping the shark, and something neither of us could prove..Manning was in a different system that fit his strenghts, we dont know if that would have worked or not worked in Dallas, it is the main reason I think it is stupid to assume he will go to another team and they will automtically be a SB team..his system does not fit everyone

Farmersfan
03-07-2012, 04:51 PM
the 2010 Colts won 10 games, and MANY said it was showing that the team was in a transition period which again was shown last year..do you think if Manning would have played all 16 games they would have went from 2-14 to 10-6 or 11-5? If so then he is the greatest QB ever and that cant be disputed because he would have won 8-10 games on his own

I wouldn't doubt Manning would have meant the difference in 5 wins for no other reason than his ability to execute. Then add his influence and leadership on the field and that could easily account for another 2 or 3 wins. Once again I think everyone would see just how much a great onfield leader actually does influence the play of the team around him if Manning was to come to Dallas. Only about 50% of Mannings QB ability lies in his actually physical attributes. The other 50% is mental. And the mental aspect of the game is where I think Romo is the WEAKEST! Great debate. Have a nice evening.................

Eagle 1
03-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Peyton's playoff wins.

Romo's playoff wins.

Case Closed.

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Peyton's playoff wins.

Romo's playoff wins.

Case Closed.

9-10 is good for you?

Eagle 1
03-07-2012, 06:38 PM
9-10 is good for you?

Better than 1-3.

Leopard4Life
03-07-2012, 06:52 PM

I love how Bullaholic started this thread and then just sat back. :stirpot:

Saggy Aggie
03-07-2012, 07:05 PM
the 2010 Colts won 10 games, and MANY said it was showing that the team was in a transition period which again was shown last year..do you think if Manning would have played all 16 games they would have went from 2-14 to 10-6 or 11-5? If so then he is the greatest QB ever and that cant be disputed because he would have won 8-10 games on his own I will say that if Peyton had played this season, the colts would have made the playoffs. He is that big of a difference maker.

bobcat1
03-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Peyton is available. Should the Cowboys go after him? :DYou knew what this would start you sly old fox.:evillol:

Bullaholic
03-08-2012, 09:19 AM
You knew what this would start you sly old fox.:evillol:

A little Farmer/TXB is like the smell of napalm in the morning to Lt. Col Bill Kilgore, Bobcat...:D

buff4ever
03-08-2012, 09:46 AM
A little Farmer/TXB is like the smell of napalm in the morning to Lt. Col Bill Kilgore, Bobcat...:D

If all Manning brought to the cowboys was leadership we would be a lot better off to start with. But he would also bring accuracy in his passing ability, smarts to know where to put the football in a blitz situation when he need to get rid of the ball to avoid a sack. Romo is sometimes pretty good at avoiding the sack and getting the ball somewhere, I give him that, he does it differently than manning in that he does it with his feet instead of a quick release to open receiver where blitz came from. Romo sometimes takes a big loss in this gamble as mannings would be an incomplete passm, no loss of yardage.

I don't think that Dallas will even make a call on Manning, but the main gain we would pick up with him is leadership. And he would be able to better teach a back up qb to take over one day than romo. Once again, leadership and respect from fellow teammates make many things possible.

regaleagle
03-08-2012, 10:06 AM
To answer a different part of the question, I don't think any team will be paying Manning's 28 Million to have him as their qb. Any debates on this question?

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 10:40 AM
To answer a different part of the question, I don't think any team will be paying Manning's 28 Million to have him as their qb. Any debates on this question?

At this point I have to agree with you. At his age and with his recent injury it would be pretty stupid to pay him that much. but of course a lot of teams have proven to be "Stupid" on things like this. What if Peyton went to Washington? With their collection of talented air-heads he could mean the difference in going from a horrible team to a contenter. I don't always agree with Trent Dilfer (for obvious reasons) but he said on Sportscenter yesterday that Peyton Manning was good for 10 wins on any team. That's a pretty strong comment.

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 10:44 AM
At this point I have to agree with you. At his age and with his recent injury it would be pretty stupid to pay him that much. but of course a lot of teams have proven to be "Stupid" on things like this. What if Peyton went to Washington? With their collection of talented air-heads he could mean the difference in going from a horrible team to a contenter. I don't always agree with Trent Dilfer (for obvious reasons) but he said on Sportscenter yesterday that Peyton Manning was good for 10 wins on any team. That's a pretty strong comment.

supposedly he will make a decision this week and prefers an AFC team

Farmersfan
03-08-2012, 10:51 AM
supposedly he will make a decision this week and prefers an AFC team

Do you give any merit to the idea that Peyton perfers the AFC because he doesn't want to compete against Eli? I'm thinking it is probably more because Peyton is way more familar with the AFC teams and feels more comfortable with his ability to have success with or against those teams.

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Do you give any merit to the idea that Peyton perfers the AFC because he doesn't want to compete against Eli? I'm thinking it is probably more because Peyton is way more familar with the AFC teams and feels more comfortable with his ability to have success with or against those teams.

Yea I think it is more him being a creature of habit then his brother. He knows the Ds in the AFC far better than the NFC, knows the stadiums etc etc.

Roughneck93
03-08-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm predicting he goes to Miami.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/peyton-manning-face-dolphins-logo.jpg

bobcat1
03-08-2012, 09:24 PM
a little farmer/txb is like the smell of napalm in the morning to lt. Col bill kilgore, bobcat...:D Lol :thumbsup: