PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Lake Fishing

Old Tiger
03-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Going to try to get in on some white action....any bank fishing suggestions?

Was at the Yegua in Somerville last weekend but the cold front screwed up the fishing.

Bullaholic
03-05-2012, 05:28 PM

Was at the Yegua in Somerville last weekend but the cold front screwed up the fishing.

OT, back in the 30's, my grandad, dad, and his brothers all fished the Yegua, Brushy, and the Gabriel regularly. Had their iron skillet and lard and fried those fish right on the riverbank.

Old Tiger
03-07-2012, 10:20 AM
OT, back in the 30's, my grandad, dad, and his brothers all fished the Yegua, Brushy, and the Gabriel regularly. Had their iron skillet and lard and fried those fish right on the riverbank.Good fishing in the area for sure...

San Gabriel, Granger, Brushy, Somerville, Yegua all less than 35 minutes from Rockdale.

Cam
03-07-2012, 10:33 AM

Gonna get some "white action" huh??....does your Mrs. know bout this??......Speakin' of white bass fishin', my son goes with his football buddy every year to Colorado Bend State Park in Bend, TX. WOW! They tear it up there!....Rent canoes or floaties.....It's a beautiful park....Highly recommend this place.....

BEAST
03-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Gonna get some "white action" huh??....does your Mrs. know bout this??......Speakin' of white bass fishin', my son goes with his football buddy every year to Colorado Bend State Park in Bend, TX. WOW! They tear it up there!....Rent canoes or floaties.....It's a beautiful park....Highly recommend this place.....

I love that place.

BEAST

hsbtex
03-07-2012, 11:54 AM
I love that place.

BEAST

One of the prettiest places I have ever seen.

And Old Tiger, you should try LBJ right now for black bass. We have been having 20 pound catches in two hours of fishing. Biggest so far was 7.9 pounds, 25" long male. The spawn is supposed to start today

Cam
03-07-2012, 12:13 PM
One of the prettiest places I have ever seen.

And Old Tiger, you should try LBJ right now for black bass. We have been having 20 pound catches in two hours of fishing. Biggest so far was 7.9 pounds, 25" long male. The spawn is supposed to start today

Spawnin' starts today??....I had completely forgot.....I gotta tell my wife "we're spawnin' tonight"!.......are you fishin' from a boat on LBJ?....I would imagine you are......I'm right next to Inks Lake and dangit, I'm a man without a boat right now!...it's almost a crime....I'd like to get a nice 18 to 21 footer but I'd settle for a damn kayak! But, with two in college right now...forget it!....just no $$$$.....:crying:

greendawg84
03-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Spawnin' starts today??....I had completely forgot.....I gotta tell my wife "we're spawnin' tonight"!.......are you fishin' from a boat on LBJ?....I would imagine you are......I'm right next to Inks Lake and dangit, I'm a man without a boat right now!...it's almost a crime....I'd like to get a nice 18 to 21 footer but I'd settle for a damn kayak! But, with two in college right now...forget it!....just no $$$$.....:crying:

Well call me dang it , have boat will travel ! We could go Sunday if the weather clears up ...... well that is if you can get a pass from the boss.....

Rabid Cougar
03-07-2012, 09:45 PM

Don't need to go to Canyon. Just got to Waco Lake. South Bosque south of 84, Hog Creek, McLennan Crossing on the Middle Bosque and on Baylor Camp Road on the North Bosque. Plenty of bank fishing.

turbostud
03-08-2012, 01:06 AM
13.06 pound black bass won big bass on the Bass Champs tournament on Lake Ray Roberts this past weekend. And wasnt even part of the winning string. The spawn has started. Good fishing for the next couple of months

Ville-D
03-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Here is a large mouth I caught in outside of Stephenville (Desdemona) she weighed just over 10.

Not a white, but I thought I'd share.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1403040/Bass/bass2.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1403040/Bass/bass1.png

Old Tiger
03-08-2012, 01:39 AM
Going to go hit up Newmann's Bottom off of Lake Somerville in the AM if it doesn't rain to hard tonight.

RoyceTTU
03-08-2012, 06:32 AM
Here is a large mouth I caught in outside of Stephenville (Desdemona) she weighed just over 10.

Not a white, but I thought I'd share.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1403040/Bass/bass2.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1403040/Bass/bass1.png

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af57/roycettu/ville-d.jpg

Nice catch bud!!!!!

Ville-D
03-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Nice catch bud!!!!!

Nailed it.

RoyceTTU
03-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Nailed it.

it made me laugh that you cropped your noggin off,,,so I took it upon my self to add a noggin back on :-)

Ville-D
03-08-2012, 10:58 AM
it made me laugh that you cropped your noggin off,,,so I took it upon my self to add a noggin back on :-)

I didn't think that anybody wanted to see my ugly mug. But now I get a new profile pic!

RoyceTTU
03-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I didn't think that anybody wanted to see my ugly mug. But now I get a new profile pic!

the suprised one or the laughing one :clap:

Ville-D
03-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Laughing... I'm not Chewbacca

RoyceTTU
03-08-2012, 11:17 AM
nice....cheers

Saggy Aggie
03-08-2012, 11:18 AM
going bow fishing next week on LBJ, and probably over at georgetown too

RoyceTTU
03-08-2012, 11:39 AM
going bow fishing next week on LBJ, and probably over at georgetown too

I've always wanted to do this...do you use a cross bow or compound? seems like itd be very hard.

Old Tiger
03-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Caught 6 total...lost a few that came off the hook.

Threw 1 back due to being a carp.

4 whites and a catfish.

Old Tiger
03-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Keep in mind I just started fishing like 2 weeks ago.

https://twitpic.com/show/iphone/8tq7e9

bobcat1
03-09-2012, 06:21 AM
Good job Casey. Those will eat just fine.

hsbtex
03-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Yes Cam...from a boat. It has been good fishing over here. I am actually running my drag boat on Inks next week doing some testing before the first race later this month. Come on out...you will hear me :)