PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Saints Bounty Scandal...

Bullaholic
03-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Looks like the New Orleans Saints may be in some hot water with the NFL over alleged "bounty" incentives on opposing players. How do you feel about this---way over the line, or much ado about something that has been going on in the NFL for a long time?

http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/3/4/2845084/suspensions-appear-likely-for-new-orleans-saints-bounty-program-gregg-williams

Old Tiger
03-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Not a big deal...media will make it a big deal because of the dreaded C word.

coach
03-05-2012, 03:47 PM
one writer believes sean peyton should be fired!

Maroon87
03-05-2012, 04:01 PM
I think it's bad if the organization is condoning/promoting it, which they apparently did. Let's face it, you could put someone out of the game or end their career without even really trying to, what with all the bodies flying around at top speed. Not sure why something like this is necessary but whatever...

Old Tiger
03-05-2012, 04:15 PM
I think it's bad if the organization is condoning/promoting it, which they apparently did. Let's face it, you could put someone out of the game or end their career without even really trying to, what with all the bodies flying around at top speed. Not sure why something like this is necessary but whatever...Even without bounties that is still a possibility on every play.

Maroon87
03-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Even without bounties that is still a possibility on every play.

Precisely my point, which is why this looks so much worse.

Old Tiger
03-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Precisely my point, which is why this looks so much worse.All it boils down to is bounties are a form of gambling.

BEAST
03-05-2012, 04:59 PM
All it boils down to is bounties are a form of gambling.

Not really. I get what you are saying but you seem to miss the point that a player could seriously be at danger here. Even more danger than normal.

BEAST

Old Tiger
03-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Not really. I get what you are saying but you seem to miss the point that a player could seriously be at danger here. Even more danger than normal.

BEASTIf a big hit is going to happen it is going to happen with or without a bounty. If you listen to a lot of the greatest defenders talk it is about wanting to take out the opposing teams players. Big hits are apart of the game and until Goodell those hits were celebrated. But NFL as well as ESPN has everyone anti violence in a game that is based on violence due to the NFL being sued by former players who have either ran out of money or wanting a free ride.

Txbroadcaster
03-05-2012, 07:08 PM
If a big hit is going to happen it is going to happen with or without a bounty. If you listen to a lot of the greatest defenders talk it is about wanting to take out the opposing teams players. Big hits are apart of the game and until Goodell those hits were celebrated. But NFL as well as ESPN has everyone anti violence in a game that is based on violence due to the NFL being sued by former players who have either ran out of money or wanting a free ride.

Big Bif difference in a legal big hit and a player going out of way to hurt someone.

Old Tiger
03-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Big Bif difference in a legal big hit and a player going out of way to hurt someone.no flags were called on the hits to favre.

BaseballUmp
03-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Let the boys play!