PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill Program

YTBulldogs
03-05-2012, 10:35 AM
What a successful overall sports program LH has had to date!!!! I see the baseball team looks good as well. How's the girl's softball team and the track team's doing?

Congrats to the athletes of Liberty Hill. Love to see a well rounded sports program.

Old Tiger
03-05-2012, 10:41 AM
What a successful overall sports program LH has had to date!!!! I see the baseball team looks good as well. How's the girl's softball team and the track team's doing?

Congrats to the athletes of Liberty Hill. Love to see a well rounded sports program.Are you trying to get some brownie points with LPHM? lol

NastySlot
03-05-2012, 12:50 PM

Congrats to the athletes of Liberty Hill. Love to see a well rounded sports program.

with hoops over i'll bet softball gets a lot stronger.

LH Panther Mom
03-05-2012, 08:14 PM
with hoops over i'll bet softball gets a lot stronger.
As will girls' track. :)

I haven't had a chance to make it to baseball yet, so I can't really say. I know we've got several kids that should be pretty good, but sometimes it's the way the ball bounces.

Track has quite a few kids that should make it to Regionals & several, to State. I'll go out on a limb right now and say that Susie Kemper will win both the 800m & the 1600m. We were at the Round Rock meet Saturday. I didn't get to watch the mile, but she won the 800m by a good 30 yds. And that was against 16 to 18 mostly 5A schools. I know our boys' 4x400 is supposed to be pretty stout.

LHPfactory
03-06-2012, 10:46 AM
The basketball program is doing what the football team did just before they hit the first championship in 06. I strongly believe that girls and boys basketball will pick up championships with in the next few years. I also believe that football is going to go from darn good to top notch again, starting this fall.

LHdog
03-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Liberty Hill is on the verge of explosive growth. With the extension of Toll Road 183A to Seward Junction and the building of the new high school, I hate to say it but Liberty Hill is poised to be the next "Leander". The only "wildcard" is the economy and that depends a large degree on national politics. I am optimistic however because all those folks who voted for Obama to avoid being called "racists" must vote for someone else to avoid being called idiots.

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Liberty Hill is on the verge of explosive growth. With the extension of Toll Road 183A to Seward Junction and the building of the new high school, I hate to say it but Liberty Hill is poised to be the next "Leander". The only "wildcard" is the economy and that depends a large degree on national politics. I am optimistic however because all those folks who voted for Obama to avoid being called "racists" must vote for someone else to avoid being called idiots.

wow politics? Really?

Ville-D
03-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm pulling for you guys in Football...

Speaking of Sewards Junction, that is a nice little speed trap y'all have there. I got nailed on Christmas day on my way to La Grange. I missed a "temporary" 55 mph sign coming from north to sourh just before the intersection. That cop had no Christmas spirit.

greendawg84
03-06-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm pulling for you guys in Football...

Speaking of Sewards Junction, that is a nice little speed trap y'all have there. I got nailed on Christmas day on my way to La Grange. I missed a "temporary" 55 mph sign coming from north to sourh just before the intersection. That cop had no Christmas spirit.

Word to the wise , DONT SPEED thru Bertram or Liberty Hill they are both speed traps !

BwdLion73
03-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Sewards Junction has not been the same since they took out Donns Bar-b-que on the corner.

Old Tiger
03-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Sewards Junction has not been the same since they took out Donns Bar-b-que on the corner.Sad times indeed. Was always a stop for us on the way from Burnet to Rockdale and vise versa.

There used to be a really good BBQ place in Thrall, TX about 10 years ago or so called Jacksons BBQ.

LH Panther Mom
03-06-2012, 07:45 PM
LMAO! Sorry about that! They have been known to stop people who are driving the speed limit to "warn" them that the speed limit reduces in the next mile or so, so they could potentially be speeding soon. :rolleyes:

Cam
03-07-2012, 10:19 AM
LMAO! Sorry about that! They have been known to stop people who are driving the speed limit to "warn" them that the speed limit reduces in the next mile or so, so they could potentially be speeding soon. :rolleyes:

Bertram (between Burnet & Liberty Hill) is the worst speed trap of all!...they keep the 55mph zone way past town heading west on 29......then you see the 65mph sign.....while you've been goin' 65 since leavin' the edge of town........get's the newcomers all the time.....got me 7 years ago..

panfan
03-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Bertam, between Bertram and Burnet just as bad - Bertam cop sits at the water tank and catches them coming into and leaving Bertram. Although I have to agree the LH fuzz are the worst. Who ever heard of 5 or 6 cars and full timers, part timers, etc. for a town with <2000 people. Ridiculous. Reminds me of a place close to where I grew up. Anyone every heard of Selma, TX. Made the national news as one of the worst speed traps. LH getting bad wrap as a speed trap as well. Far as sports programs, they seem to be doing well in a number of different sports across the board. I hope they can continue that pace, but I think they need to do more to keep coaches here. We have lost a few lately, some really good ones, and it makes me wonder about the internal politics, and are we only going to have coaches who "play the game" or also have those a bit more rebellious to add some fire to various programs. It takes both to be successuful, not just the "yes men and women". My two cents worth.

Cam
03-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Bertam, between Bertram and Burnet just as bad - Bertam cop sits at the water tank and catches them coming into and leaving Bertram. Although I have to agree the LH fuzz are the worst. Who ever heard of 5 or 6 cars and full timers, part timers, etc. for a town with <2000 people. Ridiculous. Reminds me of a place close to where I grew up. Anyone every heard of Selma, TX. Made the national news as one of the worst speed traps. LH getting bad wrap as a speed trap as well. Far as sports programs, they seem to be doing well in a number of different sports across the board. I hope they can continue that pace, but I think they need to do more to keep coaches here. We have lost a few lately, some really good ones, and it makes me wonder about the internal politics, and are we only going to have coaches who "play the game" or also have those a bit more rebellious to add some fire to various programs. It takes both to be successuful, not just the "yes men and women". My two cents worth.

actually, that's the same area I was referring to...I kinda messed up my words....yeah, remember when they actually parked one of their police cruisers by the water tank??.........they actually placed a "baseball cap" on the top of the backrest to make it look like someone was in it.....scared the hell outta me the first time I came upon it.....:eek:

greendawg84
03-07-2012, 03:39 PM
actually, that's the same area I was referring to...I kinda messed up my words....yeah, remember when they actually parked one of their police cruisers by the water tank??.........they actually placed a "baseball cap" on the top of the backrest to make it look like someone was in it.....scared the hell outta me the first time I came upon it.....:eek:

Hey , we are on a budget .......... at least we dont have enough cops in our town to field a football team like LH.

greendawg84
03-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Sewards Junction has not been the same since they took out Donns Bar-b-que on the corner.

Dude , hang a right go about 3/4 of a mile , Smokey Moes on the left , good BBQ , just dont get the sausage....