PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU THINK MARLIN HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN A STATE TITLE

MARLINFAN
06-06-2003, 03:18 PM
YES,THEY HAVE WHAT IT TAKES
NO,THEY DONT HAVE IT

big daddy russ
06-06-2003, 03:54 PM
I think they can do it, but don't look too far ahead. There are many other teams this year who have as much talent as Marlin. Like they say, it takes a little skill and a whole lotta luck to win a championship.

Bandera YaYa
06-06-2003, 04:01 PM
....I'll agree with that!! :D

GO BULLDOGS!!

Old Cardinal
06-06-2003, 04:10 PM
I think that Marlin has a good Div. II little program, but will only go a couple of rounds this coming season. Just like they have in the past. In know way will they be a contender-based on the strength of the other teams in Division II.

Matthew328
06-06-2003, 05:22 PM
Marlin has the talent....but do they have the stomach to win the big one? That is the question..

FranksBullDog
06-09-2003, 05:59 PM
I think they have a chance to play more than two rounds if and thats a big if they can come up with a good QB and several O- lineman. They return the rest of a senior laden group of skill players rarely seen on a 3A LEVEL.The HC must make better decisions than he did in the Bellville game such as going on fourth down in your end of the field in the fourth quarter or to continue to run inside the15 in double OT and have yourRB fumble trying to fight for extrayardage.Both decisions cost dearly the first giving BV first and 10 at Marlins 31YD line to which they scored two plays later and the second one passing on a field goal with an outstanding FG kicker which would have ended the game or at worst sent it to another OT.As for OLD CARDINAL saying they always go two rounds and out they got beat by LAGRANGE in simis in 2000 35-29 went 2 rounds in 2001 with mostly sophs. starting and 4rounds in 2002 with a junior team. I know it takes a lot of luck to win a state title and they may never do it but that is their realistic goal each year and to coach Malones credit he has won the district title since 1999 in three different districts and all this with less than 400 student body.The week they got beat they were the smallest school still playing.

Matthew328
06-09-2003, 06:13 PM
Here is my problem with Marlin....they have more talent than just about anyone..yet when they play a team being equal or lesser talent they seem to lose..the exception being the Ennis game..which I am gonna be brutally honest on this one...that was a fluke..Marlin played great and deserved to win but Ennis was so not into that game it wasn't funny....I have a sneaky suspicion Ennis will show up this year..as for Marlin...I'll have em in the top 10 again this year....just hope they don't let me down again..