Game 1:
Wilmer- Hutchins- 62
Lindale- 47

Game 2:
Argyle- 49
Pleasant Grove- 30

bigwood33
03-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Anyone from Argyle have an update on today's game?

Leopard4Life
03-03-2012, 04:40 PM
According to Sportsgram

Argyle 48
Hutchins 34

Final

bigwood33
03-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Wow!

regaleagle
03-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Argyle shut down Hutch's 2 top scorers in half. The gameplan was to shut those two down, play defense, control the ball, and make quality shots. The boys again executed this gameplan to perfection and came out on top, limiiting a team that averages 65 pts/ game to roughly half its offensive output. Great job and great run through a tough road to become the Region 2 Champion. Last year, Dallas Smith(now called Wilmer Hutchins) beat us in overtime in the regional final.

Leopard4Life
03-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Argyle shut down Hutch's 2 top scorers in half. The gameplan was to shut those two down, play defense, control the ball, and make quality shots. The boys again executed this gameplan to perfection and came out on top, limiiting a team that averages 65 pts/ game to roughly half its offensive output. Great job and great run through a tough road to become the Region 2 Champion. Last year, Dallas Smith(now called Wilmer Hutchins) beat us in overtime in the regional final.

The more I read about and check out the Argyle boys basketball them more and more I'm impressed with your coach. I don't know who does your scouting or how much film you get on other teams but your coach comes up with excellent game plans and adjusts quickly and affectively to any game time changes. The Argyle kids are versatile, well-conditioned and execute what their coach lays out for them. From what I could see, after a major victory/upset the kids seem to rush the coach. From a distance it looks like they have a ton of respect for him and honor him after a victory. Once again this is just the observation from an outsider, reality may be very different from what I perceived.

regaleagle
03-03-2012, 10:05 PM
This is not the most talented boys basketball team Argyle has had, but is certainly the most fundamentally sound one. Very disciplined, play the team concept off the charts, and are very basketball savvy. I guess you could say they are well-coached, or they are receptive to coaching. Either way, it is working.