PDA

View Full Version : Saints Violated NFL's "Bounty Rule"

Roughneck93
03-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Wow...
"The investigation showed that the total amount of funds in the pool may have reached $50,000 or more at its height during the 2009 playoffs. The program paid players $1,500 for a "knockout" and $1,000 for a "cart-off," with payouts doubling or tripling during the playoffs."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7638603/new-orleans-saints-defense-had-bounty-program-nfl-says

Saggy Aggie
03-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Any word on significant injuries they caused?

Maroon87
03-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Any word on significant injuries they caused?

The two most glaring hits were both by Bobby McCray...on Brett Favre in the 09 NFC title game and the one on Kurt Warner which led to Warner's retirement.

Maroon87
03-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Some ex-Redskins are now saying they had the same type of setup when Gregg Williams was their DC.

I have this funny feeling that by this time next week, it will be revealed that all 32 NFL teams basically had something like this going on.

Tejastrue
03-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Reminds me a bit of the old Cowboys / Eagles Bounty Bowls 1 and 2 with Jimmie Johnson and Buddy Ryan at the helm. I miss that sort of thing. :)

Roughneck93
03-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Reminds me a bit of the old Cowboys / Eagles Bounty Bowls 1 and 2 with Jimmie Johnson and Buddy Ryan at the helm. I miss that sort of thing. :)

Yeah that came to mind. Lol, poor Luis Zendajas!

1st and goal
03-02-2012, 10:06 PM
With all the lawsuits going on by former players over head injuries, I think they are going to take a major stance on this. Players are already getting heavily fined for head shots, but they make so much $$$ it must not be a deterrent. Saints could get the no playoff death penalty or worse. Players and / or coaches banned for a lengthy time. Have to wait and see.

I remember the brutal hit on Shipley, but can't remember whodunnit. Also, Colt's hit was fairly bad....This kind of stuff will change the game as we know it. As they find out just how bad concussions are with follow up studies later on in life, it will put a lot of liability on high schools and colleges possibly having to pay for long term care for problems that show up later.

Txbroadcaster
03-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Some ex-Redskins are now saying they had the same type of setup when Gregg Williams was their DC.

I have this funny feeling that by this time next week, it will be revealed that all 32 NFL teams basically had something like this going on.

I dont know ...that is a pretty extreme bounty to have