Bob LILLY
Joe Namath
Billy Cundiff
TheBest! But they Look To Old!

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: silver king ]</small>

JasperDog94
09-30-2003, 10:21 AM
??? :confused:

Not sure I understand what you're getting at.

BIG19
09-30-2003, 10:28 AM
They are definately getting bigger and stronger. To borrow a quote from Old Dog it comes from "choppin cedars and digging post holes in these here rocky hills!" But then again, many other teams are also getting bigger and stronger. It is a sign of the times.

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

silver king
09-30-2003, 10:29 AM
HELLO!!! When it comes to age they look too old.

Not Fearing,just caught my attn..... eek! eek! eek!

3afan
09-30-2003, 10:30 AM
silver king:
I would question a few of burnet's player''s,I mean come on size wise avg. but age elgibility HMMM; to me they look like maybe they held'em back a few year's..cuz these guys do not ook like teen's'that is what they are playing against..They look mor lik tween! I'm talking facial...No disrespect intended /but they know!!!!!!!! :confused: come now, don't start that ... they're just an exceptional group, one that comes along to a school once every 10-20-30 yrs if you're lucky ....... next someone will start a thread about Burnet recruiting or some other BS

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

booger1
09-30-2003, 10:41 AM
No, i think the other thing could be worse! If you don't what i am talking about, it WILL make them bigger and looke older! But we're not going to go there because I don't want any rumors started about them just b/c they have an exceptionally good team and people are mad b/c of their school pride and them winning so many games!

JasperDog94
09-30-2003, 10:42 AM
silver king:

Not Fearing,just caught my attn..... eek! eek! eek! I was hoping that wasn't what you were saying... :( I was hoping that i misunderstood your post.

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

zippy
09-30-2003, 10:50 AM
Silver, it's not that our kids are older, it's what we put in the water that makes em that way. :D Heck, my 14 yr old is wearin a size 12 shoe and already shaving. Just cause a couple of our players are premature grey and a little bald don't mean their over 18.

silver king
09-30-2003, 10:55 AM
HAH! Boog, that never crossed my mind ,now that you mention that, sounds to me like these guys had good summers stinging without mosquitoes... I'am serious on age appearance.It's a great game for all till???? I could be wrong ,if I'am I would apologize but I would not bring something up just for the heck of it..20/20 vision!

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: silver king ]</small>

HotDawg89
09-30-2003, 11:00 AM
I can assure you- they are all eligible. Nice try though. :D There has to be some reason they are good huh? It MUST be that they are too old. Come on - think about how you sound! :rolleyes:

BIG19
09-30-2003, 11:05 AM
Silver King - You are away off on this one. I have watched these kids play together for many years now. They all fall within the UIL guidlines. I have to agree with HotDawg why can't their just being good be enough?

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

silver king
09-30-2003, 11:12 AM
(!^

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: silver king ]</small>

bd0707
09-30-2003, 11:13 AM
Whoa Silver, Booger,(by the way, those two names could make a career nose-picker)your kinda crossing a line with some of your statements. Those kind of unfounded remarks are really not necessary. If you can't just accept the fact that these kids, and I do mean kids, are committed, determined, focused, and just plain talented, everything else you may post on this subject will be considered as cospiracy theories by this poster. There is nothing as sinister as you may suggest going on in Burnet.

booger1
09-30-2003, 11:19 AM
bd0707, if you go back and read my post, i didn't say they were doing that, I just said it could possibly be that but i don't want to go there! I don't want people blaming them for substance abuse when they are winning and getting mad b/c Burnet is better than just about all the teams in 3A (no offense to anybody)! So don't accuse me of saying these kids are using drugs, I know they have to be committed to hard work and dedication to bring a state championship to their town! So YOU get YOUR facts straight before jumping in to me! Peace! :D

bd0707
09-30-2003, 11:29 AM
bd0707, if you go back and read my post, i didn't say they were doing that, I just said it could possibly be that but i don't want to go there.

The mere suggestion is "GOING THERE" you said it could "possibly be that" I think you need to get your own facts straight regarding your own words.

silver king
09-30-2003, 11:30 AM
Whoa! Sound's to me like said a guilty conscious!So if that Green shoe fits were it..bd0707/or is it Mr.7-11?Good luck with your team, but don't be so naive,start asking questions instead... :cool:

HotDawg89
09-30-2003, 11:36 AM
This entire thread is in poor taste. :mad:

silver king
09-30-2003, 11:43 AM
who ! :confused: Who!

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: silver king ]</small>

booger1
09-30-2003, 11:44 AM
silver king:
OUT of here,original blood is RED.You just keep digging a deeper hole .HELLO!!!!!LATERZ ,Burnet who ! :confused: sounds like a jealous fan from a losing school!

SintonFan
09-30-2003, 11:44 AM
silver king:
oscarmayer , I never mentioned how good or bad they are!I said they look older than your normal tx.high school athlete.Never mentioned the word ILLEGAL!!!!Hey good luck to them and all of 3A's teams...keep it clean...or you"ll be seen.PEACE :p sliver, you implied illegal. You didn't have to mention it. It seems someone is trying to get the rumor mill started. These are kids we are talking about, lay off of them!

vet93
09-30-2003, 11:51 AM
Booger and Silverking...don't think that people aren't naive enough to not know what you have implied. Making subtle innuendos and then backing off those statements by stating that we took it the wrong way is irresponsible. It is obvious to anybody with a brain that you were talking about ineligable players and steriods. Why else would you make statements like that if not to cast doubt on Burnet's team success? Who cares if one team has more facial hair than the other or has deeper voices etc...

silver king
09-30-2003, 11:51 AM
sintonfan/you must have a mop in your hands ,so go ahead and clean it up.Someone must of asked for a janitor .Well last 1 4 now got to go. :) :p :D :D

booger1
09-30-2003, 11:52 AM
First of all, I said I didn't want to go there and get rumors started about this team! Second of course everyone knew what we were talking about. I was not impling that they were taking them, just that in many cases this does happen. Burnet has had a great program for the past several years and now there are some super athletes that are coming up in McGee, Shipley and Warner, they have worked hard indiviually and as a team to make this season the "dream season" i don't think these kids would be dumb enough to use steroids and take a chance on messing up their dreams! I wish them the best of luck this year! I hope they win State!
And i don't care if one team has more facial hair than another, who cares, maybe they wanted to start shving ealy I don't know and I don't care! vet93 you need to know what you are talking about before popping off saying that I was accussing them of that, I WASN'T, that was silverking. Later!

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: booger1 ]</small>

SintonFan
09-30-2003, 11:58 AM
silver king:
sintonfan/you must have a mop in your hands ,so go ahead and clean it up.Someone must of asked for a janitor .Well last 1 4 now got to go. :) :p :D :D Your response just proved my point. wink
Does this sound familiar? "Whoa! Sound's to me like said a guilty conscious!So if that Green shoe fits were it"
Who said that?

booger1
09-30-2003, 12:01 PM
booger1:

silver king:
OUT of here,original blood is RED.You just keep digging a deeper hole .HELLO!!!!!LATERZ ,Burnet who ! :confused: sounds like a jealous fan from a losing school!SintonFan like I siad before! Loser school! wink

silver king
09-30-2003, 12:01 PM
vet93 just to get it straight , if you read the opening post o this topic , i mentioned age/ example:player from the bronx little league teamhe was over age & dominating those younger kids u know there is an age limit in high school also .That is what I was getting at.Get it!Got it! Good!

SintonFan
09-30-2003, 12:06 PM
booger1:

booger1:

silver king:
OUT of here,original blood is RED.You just keep digging a deeper hole .HELLO!!!!!LATERZ ,Burnet who ! :confused: sounds like a jealous fan from a losing school!SintonFan like I siad before! Loser school! wink I'm not sure what your implying here. If your talking about SliverQueen, ok. Believe it or not, I enjoy Burnet and their success. If your talking about Sinton, they are in a down year and I'm still proud of them. Care to elaborate?

spaniard
09-30-2003, 12:08 PM
youre still chasing rabbits here. i started growing sideburns and had to start shaving when i was still in 7th grade. i may be an exception to that rule though, you could mistake me for a bear running through the forest if you saw me out camping and i had my shirt off. so just because youre 18 and still cant even grow the peachfuzz mustache doesnt mean that everyone else is different. :D hehe, smile kid, theres no one overage playing at burnet, trust me

booger1
09-30-2003, 12:11 PM
SintonFan, I'm talking about silverqueen being jealous form a losing school! I have no problem with Sinton! wink
Spaniard, I started shaving in 7th grade too! even though i'm 19 and still can't grow a full beard or mustache! HA! :D

spaniard
09-30-2003, 12:13 PM
hehe, nice to know im not alone out there, i can grow the full beard, minus the stache, but yeah, so see silverscreen, its possible for someone to look older than they are.

SintonFan
09-30-2003, 12:14 PM
LOL I wasn't sure. It could be easy to be jealous but what would that garner? You'd just match Burnet school colors and then you'd have to turn red! :D LOL

silver king
09-30-2003, 12:18 PM
Maybe we need to start looking for osama bin laden in tha area.HIGH SCHOOL MOTTO! Together we face the WORLD so fearlessly Oh and faithfull

spaniard
09-30-2003, 12:20 PM
silver king:
Maybe we need to start looking for osama bin laden in tha area.HIGH SCHOOL MOTTO! Together we face the WORLD so fearlessly Oh and faithfullthe strange thing about that is that i really have some syrian ancestry, but dont worry, im too lazy to read instruction manuals.

SintonFan
09-30-2003, 12:26 PM
silver king:
Maybe we need to start looking for osama bin laden in tha area.HIGH SCHOOL MOTTO! Together we face the WORLD so fearlessly Oh and faithfullYou seem to be familiar with his tactics...
I guess there's nothing like experience. wink

silver king
09-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Darn sintonfan your a genius!But sorry to say boring.Get a Life or atleast move on this party is over you got here to late .THE END! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bd0707
09-30-2003, 12:37 PM
He is not blind, yet he does not see...

SintonFan
09-30-2003, 12:42 PM
Thanx! I new I was smart, but never considered a genius.
Now lets not be disingenuous. hehe
If you don't want to be called for your implied statements, don't make them. Noone here is gonna buy that load of bunk.

silver king
09-30-2003, 12:50 PM
(Noone)IS that your real name..Well this topic is beingtalked aout somewhre else.Invitation required,maybe I'll e-mail yo one ,I need to ask the rest .Don't go anywhere wait here,get back with you on that it"ll just take a while... :D

BHS#1
09-30-2003, 12:52 PM
It couldn't be because they were in the weight room everyday during the summer. My son was there he'll tell ya!!!

SintonFan
09-30-2003, 12:57 PM
retracted...

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

vet93
09-30-2003, 01:03 PM
booger1...by saying to everyone "I don't want to go there" is like saying "go there". I have been on this board a long time and when a team is successful it seems like steroids are almost always brought up. Just mentioning it can often mislabel a team. I believe you when you say that you don't have anything against Burnet. I am just saying that we all have to be careful. Secondly...just because I disagree with what you may have said doesn't mean that I am personally attacking you...because I wasn't. I did not call you names or try to degrade you in my post and I would appreciate the same courtesy. When you extend that courtesy on this board you will be rewarded with some really great friendships and discussions.

SilverKing...you need to reread my post...I mentioned "ineligable players" meaning players that were too old to play high school sports. Therefore...I new exactly what you were talking about.

SintonFan
09-30-2003, 01:10 PM
vet93, that was a classy post. :) I think a good reminder for myself not to get caught up in it all. Thanks.

silver king
09-30-2003, 01:12 PM
Vet93-I hear ya!It was just my opinion,the players I saw dd not look over size in anyway and it had nothing to do w/ facial hair either I don't know where that came from.It was just my opinion last time I heard this was still The Great U.S.A....

booger1
09-30-2003, 01:35 PM
Sorry vet93-just got caught up in it, i will edit that though! I just didn't want crap getting started baout a team just b/c they are having some success! wink

silver king
09-30-2003, 01:37 PM
To all Burnet Faithful,Never was there any intention of accusing any of your player of ******.There has been instances where players were over age,I also said I could be wrong and would apologize.I got enough responses that sound very beleivable,so at this moment I would like t apologize and regret how it got out f hand...Good Luck on your season..Go Green

booger1
09-30-2003, 01:38 PM
bd0707:
bd0707, if you go back and read my post, i didn't say they were doing that, I just said it could possibly be that but i don't want to go there.

The mere suggestion is "GOING THERE" you said it could "possibly be that" I think you need to get your own facts straight regarding your own words.Nope! Learn to read before typing anything! :rolleyes:

vet93
09-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Now...we can all be friends!!! wink

Chris Hart
09-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Group hug now. OOOHHHH :D :D :D

GreatBigBurnetFan
09-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Come on! This utter ridiculous. It is apparent
that Mr. silver king has never been up close and personal to the guys. Stephen McGee DOESN'T have a hair on his face. If anything, he looks too YOUNG. The same thing with Cody. So what, if one
looks older. I was sent home to shave in the 7th grade. It's about time that a few of these guys start to mature. As far as size is , they are
usually outweighed. Our largest guy is 285#. We're playing guys 345#, and still whippin' them.
One of the teams we played had 3 over 300#. They got whipped too. These are YOUNG men! Even if you don't like Burnet's team or even Burnets fans
Don't start this stuff. These kids don't deserve
it. They've worked hard to be where they are.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Rabbit'93
09-30-2003, 04:02 PM
My goodness could we find something else to talk about besides friggin' Burnet. :rolleyes:

How 'bout them cowboys. Did anyone see the Texans game. How about this nice weather we've been havin'. :D

BHS#1
09-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Ya'll say less talk about something else and then someone(other than Burnet) starts talking. Gees

silver king
09-30-2003, 04:57 PM
OI@#

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: silver king ]</small>

Old Dog
09-30-2003, 05:02 PM
Life must a real kick in the pants from your side of the bed. Of course there are men who pretend to be teenagers in order to play ball, but in this case, it ain't so.

silver king
09-30-2003, 05:19 PM
!~

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: silver king ]</small>

BurnetBandRules
09-30-2003, 07:08 PM
Burnet Heads have gotten too big? Tell me how? Too much support? Is there anysuch thing? As soon as your team acomplishes the things burnet has, then you can say WE are being to big headed. Everyone on this board has so much against Burnet when they post something about their team. Burnet is having their run! Let 'um fly! If they had this board in '83, would we all be comlaining about Daingerfield? I bet not! They were good, Burnet is good. Let 'um brag and untill someone gives a good and supported reason for their saying Burnet is big headed, don't open your mouth!

3afan2K3
09-30-2003, 07:11 PM
BurnetBandRules:
Burnet Heads have gotten too big? Tell me how? Too much support? Is there anysuch thing? As soon as your team acomplishes the things burnet has, then you can say WE are being to big headed. Everyone on this board has so much against Burnet when they post something about their team. Burnet is having their run! Let 'um fly! If they had this board in '83, would we all be comlaining about Daingerfield? I bet not! They were good, Burnet is good. Let 'um brag and untill someone gives a good and supported reason for their saying Burnet is big headed, don't open your mouth!What has burnet accomplished so far? I didn't see them stick with Everman last year in state, as I recall Forney-Everman was a closer game than what yall played

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

bellvillefan6699
09-30-2003, 07:14 PM
quit giving people crap about talking about their team, you would be doing it too if you had the talent burnet had... they're just excited about their team. nothing wrong with that.

3afan2K3
09-30-2003, 07:22 PM
The talent burnet has? Forney has the talent burnet has, and I'm excited about my team to!

bellvillefan6699
09-30-2003, 07:24 PM
well then i'm not talking about you. why do you question everything people say, yes burnet has talent. so does forney. i didn't say they didn't

3afan2K3
09-30-2003, 07:25 PM
bellvillefan6699:
well then i'm not talking about you. why do you question everything people say, yes burnet has talent. so does forney. i didn't say they didn'tI don't question everything everyone says

3afan2K3
09-30-2003, 07:26 PM
woops double post

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

silver king
09-30-2003, 08:06 PM
Ok. Let's see,wow! anyone seen that burnet team man after 4 games into the season they are the most succesful team in the state .Why even keep playing they are so good .They are the best team ever.Just give them the state title ..#1 in state #1 nationwide ..let's just go try basketball instead....GGOO BBBUURRNNEETTTT!!!!!THe band is #1 the cheerleaders are #1,Track team #1 sorry if I left anyone out..Even better tan 83' dangerfield team /sealywould'nt stand a chance either . :rolleyes:

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: silver king ]</small>

3afan2K3
09-30-2003, 08:07 PM
Burnet is not #1 in the nation

Ozzy
09-30-2003, 08:13 PM
you're all idiots

HotDawg89
09-30-2003, 08:18 PM
silver king:
I thougt that would silence that town atleast for a few minutes.Burnet burnet burnet heads have gotten too Big ,that could be the strange appearance.I've got to tell ya- after only 43 posts- you really aren't too impressive a person, oops, I mean a poster. It is so obvious to any adult what you are trying to do. Cast a little doubt, try to hurt some feelings... you say you want to move on and put a stop to all this- but like any other child- you must have the last word. Grow up. We are doing just fine here without a poster like you bashing our kids! If you want your opinion to even be considered as a serious post- you are starting out the wrong way. Making false accusations and trying to lead people into assumptions is not helping to build your character as a reputable poster. If you want to bash people- go back to the board you listed as "your interest" on your profile. That's not the way we do things around here.

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

HotDawg89
09-30-2003, 08:24 PM
3afan2K3:
Burnet is not #1 in the nationDid anyone say they were? :rolleyes:

3afan
09-30-2003, 08:43 PM
we can expect this board to be dominated by burnet this season - and good for them, they deserve it - but it will be interesting to see how vocal these same folks are next season when burnet is not #1 and favored to win a state title.

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

3afan2K3
09-30-2003, 08:46 PM
HotDawg89:

3afan2K3:
silver king:
Ok. Let's see,wow! anyone seen that burnet team man after 4 games into the season they are the most succesful team in the state .Why even keep playing they are so good .They are the best team ever.Just give them the state title ..#1 in state #1 nationwide ..let's just go try basketball instead....GGOO BBBUURRNNEETTTT!!!!!THe band is #1 the cheerleaders are #1,Track team #1 sorry if I left anyone out..Even better tan 83' dangerfield team /sealywould'nt stand a chance either . :rolleyes: He did

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

espn1
09-30-2003, 09:16 PM
silver king:

Not Fearing,just caught my attn..... eek! eek! eek! I'm Graduating this year! I'm 43 and I take roids. Go Srs.2004 and and my team is sooooooooo.Awsome. I have girl friend that is a Jr. and i bet my brother can beat you up.

silver king
09-30-2003, 10:20 PM
$%^

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: silver king ]</small>

spaniard
09-30-2003, 10:37 PM
ok, seriously now, this thread has become redundant. i recommend just letting silver king have his/her say last, and just forget about this whole thing, bc its not making any sense anymore.

sinton66
09-30-2003, 10:43 PM
It hasn't made any sense from the very beginning.

spaniard
09-30-2003, 10:44 PM
sinton66:
It hasn't made any sense from the very beginning.fair enough

silver king
09-30-2003, 10:52 PM
&*(

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: silver king ]</small>

sinton66
09-30-2003, 10:58 PM
Look dude, if you have some facts to share, bring them on out. You can't come on here and cast aspersions against kids. Serious posters on here simply won't put up with it.

Pandora
10-01-2003, 07:22 AM
Perhaps someone should lock this thread to keep anyone else from posting. Just let it die.

espn1
10-01-2003, 07:42 AM
silver king:

Not Fearing,just caught my attn..... eek! eek! eek! I'm also personally trying to get as many correctional facilities in Burnet as possible. These Kids make great ball players.

silver king
10-01-2003, 12:14 PM
This thread has been edited.Relax now

HotDawg89
10-01-2003, 12:42 PM
<small>[ October 01, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

HotDawg89
10-01-2003, 12:45 PM
3afan2K3:

HotDawg89:

3afan2K3:
silver king:
Ok. Let's see,wow! anyone seen that burnet team man after 4 games into the season they are the most succesful team in the state .Why even keep playing they are so good .They are the best team ever.Just give them the state title ..#1 in state #1 nationwide ..let's just go try basketball instead....GGOO BBBUURRNNEETTTT!!!!!THe band is #1 the cheerleaders are #1,Track team #1 sorry if I left anyone out..Even better tan 83' dangerfield team /sealywould'nt stand a chance either . :rolleyes: He didWell- he doesn't count- besides he didn't mean it anyway- he was being sarcastic! Don't let his tick you off. Burnet didn't say that- this weirdo did. :rolleyes: