PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else have problems with this?....

Cam
03-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Ok, what's up with birds singing at night? A nightingale perhaps? For the last few days, we've had this fine-feathered friend doing his thing non-stop all night. Depriving me of my much needed beauty sleep!.....It wouldn't be so bad if this avian bastard would at least change his tune an octave or so every once in awhile......but it's the same ol' tweet over and over......You hear: "TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET" seven times.....a slight pause...and repeats!......Last night around 2AM I finally got up to try and spook it.....threw a few things up in the trees and that worked for a little while...but by the time I crawled back into bed, he'd start it up again!....swear if I had night vision goggles I know I'd see him givin' me "the bird"!....It's becoming quite personal now.....I told my lazy-ass cat I was very disappointed in him as well...Why did I even get a cat? I hate cats! (that was just for you LH, BW fans)......Tonight, if it happens again, it's spotlight time with a 20 gauge!........I'm sure the neighbors will love me even more!.......Anybody else got any ideas?....and please, no ear plug suggestions.....for some reason, those things heighten my senses dramatically causing me to see the back of my eyelids, smell my own farts while I'm asleep (which isn't such a bad thing:2thumbsup), taste the dust mites that crawl onto my lips, feel the bedbugs mating thus causing my brain to over-react and giving me unnecessary erections!..........:mad:

TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET,TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET,TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET..............

Ville-D
03-01-2012, 02:12 PM
1. Stop feeding the cat so it has initiative to hunt

2. Cut down all trees.. (kind of a baby/bathwater response)

3. Move (to Stephenville, we'd love to have you... especially if you have some athletes to bring with you)

4. Get a noise maker. - Pink noise works best for that kind of thing. I use an iPhone app call "White Noise" made by TM Soft that I use. (it does several noises including pink noise)

5. Get more cats so you will become known at the crazy cat person in town.

6. Glow-in-the-dark scare-crow

greendawg84
03-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Ok, what's up with birds singing at night? A nightingale perhaps? For the last few days, we've had this fine-feathered friend doing his thing non-stop all night. Depriving me of my much needed beauty sleep!.....It wouldn't be so bad if this avian bastard would at least change his tune an octave or so every once in awhile......but it's the same ol' tweet over and over......You hear: "TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET" seven times.....a slight pause...and repeats!......Last night around 2AM I finally got up to try and spook it.....threw a few things up in the trees and that worked for a little while...but by the time I crawled back into bed, he'd start it up again!....swear if I had night vision goggles I know I'd see him givin' me "the bird"!....It's becoming quite personal now.....I told my lazy-ass cat I was very disappointed in him as well...Why did I even get a cat? I hate cats! (that was just for you LH, BW fans)......Tonight, if it happens again, it's spotlight time with a 20 gauge!........I'm sure the neighbors will love me even more!.......Anybody else got any ideas?....and please, no ear plug suggestions.....for some reason, those things heighten my senses dramatically causing me to see the back of my eyelids, smell my own farts while I'm asleep (which isn't such a bad thing:2thumbsup), taste the dust mites that crawl onto my lips, feel the bedbugs mating thus causing my brain to over-react and giving me unnecessary erections!..........:mad:

TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET,TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET,TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET..............

Damn Son , you DO needs you some beauty sleep ! Get you some of those 22 shotshells , they dont make as much noise as the 12 gauge , better yet have that boy come home and take care of it for you , that way you could kill two birds with one stone ...... yeah , yeah , I know .......

greendawg84
03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
and just what the hell is an unnecessary erection ????????????????????

Cam
03-01-2012, 02:20 PM
and just what the hell is an unnecessary erection ????????????????????

bragger!!!.......

OldNavy
03-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Try The Prowler Owl® decoy. It resembles the ultimate, most-feared aerial predator; the Great Horned Owl, which catches and eats almost anything that moves. Birds instinctually avoid the Prowler Owl® as they would avoid a real Great Horned owl. You can do a search on bird control devices for other ideas depending on how much you want to spend. There is a laser for $2,100, but people have had real success with the owl. There is a low cost netting that you can put over the tree. It works too.

defense51
03-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Arsenic in the bird feeder works well. Or you could catch the Avian flu and pass it on to the winged creature, a little drastic but guaranteed to solve your problem.

Tejastrue
03-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Arsenic in the bird feeder works well. Or you could catch the Avian flu and pass it on to the winged creature, a little drastic but guaranteed to solve your problem.

Just stick a Cliff bar in a suet feeder..it contains arsenic via brown rice syrup..lol Cam just sing a nightingale song about your pee pee.. that will either cause them to sing a different tune or leave all together..my guess the latter..

regaleagle
03-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Just turn you TV on to Sportscenter all nite, and be done with it. If you don't get any sleep, at least you'll know the latest sports news by the next morning.

Cam
03-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Try The Prowler Owl® decoy. It resembles the ultimate, most-feared aerial predator; the Great Horned Owl, which catches and eats almost anything that moves. Birds instinctually avoid the Prowler Owl® as they would avoid a real Great Horned owl. You can do a search on bird control devices for other ideas depending on how much you want to spend. There is a laser for $2,100, but people have had real success with the owl. There is a low cost netting that you can put over the tree. It works too.

I thought about the owl decoy....but I'm afraid that dang Greendawg will come by and steal it!....Ah yes, the Great Horned Owl, we've got a bunch of em'. It's fun to stand outside and hear em' hootin' at each other....I even got into hootin' with them but I stopped doin' that when one came swoopin' down on me and tried to mount my arm!.....I musta said something very explicit...I felt so dirty!!........Greendawg, ya know them scars I got on my left arm?...well now you know....and all this time you thought my wife was abusin' me....

I told my daughter she better be out there with her new dachshund puppy when she let's her out to do her thing....especially at night!.....I'd hate to see one of them things come pick that little doggie up and make a quick dinner out of her.....
We got alot of those smaller owls (screech owls) too.....every once in a while, we'll have one camp out in an owl box I built for them....but, they've never nested there...it's more like a motel for them...maybe the Horned owl told em' about how easy I was!.........Screech owls are pretty fearless of people. Last year, we had one sittin' on one of my trees at eye level....this little screecher was actually letting me touch it!...Very awesome!...I was just waitin' for the damn thing to bite me......or, try to mount my arm!!!..........Owls are cool...they just don't give a hoot about anything.......:)

greendawg84
03-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Greendawg, ya know them scars I got on my left arm?...well now you know....and all this time you thought my wife was abusin' me....

Dude , thats the best cover story you can come up with ? Poor little Owls , taking the blame for your wife kicking your arse.......:crazy:

Cam
03-02-2012, 10:55 AM

but if I use arsenic...I'll kill all the other pretty birdies...and I love my wife's tits.....titmouse birds that is!:eek:...she feeds em' all the time..........Avian flu won't work....I''ve already caught that anyway so now I'm immune to it......it was no big deal....felt like a regular cold....only remaining side effect is whenever I lose an armpit or pubic hair, a tiny gray feather grows back in it's place....I've gotten used to em'.......:eek:

Cam
03-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Just stick a Cliff bar in a suet feeder..it contains arsenic via brown rice syrup..lol Cam just sing a nightingale song about your pee pee.. that will either cause them to sing a different tune or leave all together..my guess the latter..

I'm just not much of singer...but I can play a mean guitar!.....Tejastrue, are you tryin' to tell me somethin'???.........hey, maybe I can strum a tune while I "tweet" em' a bird limerick....that will surely run em' off!!!

BEAST
03-02-2012, 11:05 AM
but if I use arsenic...I'll kill all the other pretty birdies...and I love my wife's tits.....titmouse birds that is!:eek:...she feeds em' all the time..........Avian flu won't work....I''ve already caught that anyway so now I'm immune to it......it was no big deal....felt like a regular cold....only remaining side effect is whenever I lose an armpit or pubic hair, a tiny gray feather grows back in it's place....I've gotten used to em'.......:eek:

:clap::clap::clap:

Great post.

BEAST

pancho villa
03-02-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't have this problem cause my dogs bark all night long.

SintonFan
03-02-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm just not much of singer...but I can play a mean guitar!.....Tejastrue, are you tryin' to tell me somethin'???.........hey, maybe I can strum a tune while I "tweet" em' a bird limerick....that will surely run em' off!!!

Here ya go Cam:

http://youtu.be/2WNrx2jq184
:thumbsup:

BwdLion73
03-02-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm trying to remember is Cam was the poster who had the wolf or monster howling outside his house a few months ago.

:thinking:

greendawg84
03-02-2012, 12:18 PM
That would be Cam ....... think we figured out it was due to the amount of mushrooms he had consumed !

Cam
03-02-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm trying to remember is Cam was the poster who had the wolf or monster howling outside his house a few months ago.

:thinking:

yep...that was me.....but it wasn't me howlin' when I was having sex with the owl if that's what you're gettin' at.......
Funny you bring this up......my neighbor called me last Tuesday askin' if I've heard the growlin' sounds he's been hearin' at night......he's a pretty old fella so he might have just been hallucimacating, or, there is really some serious critter runnin' round these parts......

Cam
03-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Here ya go Cam:

http://youtu.be/2WNrx2jq184
:thumbsup:

.....:2thumbsup....lol!......good God SintonFan!...I've just noticed you have posted about 76,000 times!....that's amazin'!......and I was thinkin' of hangin' it up at 1500.........I'm gettin' tired......

SintonFan
03-02-2012, 05:02 PM
.....:2thumbsup....lol!......good God SintonFan!...I've just noticed you have posted about 76,000 times!....that's amazin'!......and I was thinkin' of hangin' it up at 1500.........I'm gettin' tired......

:)
:doh:
:weeping: