PDA

View Full Version : UT Ex Coach Darrell Royal has dementia

Phil C
02-29-2012, 01:28 PM
This is sad news and I know we will all be in prayer for Coach Royal and his family.

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas-politics/darrell-royals-wife-speaks-about-coachs-dementia-announces-2206071.html

Cam
02-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Dementia sucks!..I have a sister who was recently diagnosed with that and is now in a nursing home. Only 56 years old! Caught us all by surprise. She used to be a VP of a major corporation. It's unbelievable. Heard on the news this morning dementia will affect way more people in the future than it does now!..I'd like to know why but nobody seems to know.:confused:

WildTexan972
02-29-2012, 09:14 PM
anyone thar wears baby crap colored clothing has dementia......no news there....

Z-RO
02-29-2012, 09:42 PM
anyone thar wears baby crap colored clothing has dementia......no news there....

Really?! This is a really douche bag thing to say considering the circumstances. I believe you might feel differently if it was somebody within your family who was diagnosed with it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-80_0Ru-dmOc/TwHIVq_fHVI/AAAAAAAAAHM/hVc1C6nFdHA/s1600/summers-eve-douche.jpg

hooverhog
02-29-2012, 09:56 PM

Really?????.....What a moronic thing to say. That shows NO CLASS whatsoever. Hope that you never have to deal with dementia in your family. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

ogg
02-29-2012, 10:37 PM

WOW, what a nitwit.

Phil C
02-29-2012, 10:39 PM

Man this is one post I didn't expect to ever be on here. Other web sites of course but not here.

coach
02-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Isn't celina's colors baby crap too? What a jackass

SHSBulldog00
02-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Wish we knew more about Dementia.

Emerson1
02-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Wow dumbass go kill yourself.

regaleagle
03-01-2012, 05:15 AM
My Dad had Parkinson's and some dementia, so I know firsthand how it can effect family members. We were not as fortunate to have all the support mechanisms, and care in place the Royals do. And this was about 12 years ago, also. I think today more is known about both disesases, and treatment as well as care given is much improved over just a decade ago. Basically, these are debilitating diseases. Usually, they occur in older age. Most common in the past these diseases were just considered sinility. Now the medical research shows sinility is just a result from these diseases.

Cam
03-01-2012, 10:38 AM
My Dad had Parkinson's and some dementia, so I know firsthand how it can effect family members. We were not as fortunate to have all the support mechanisms, and care in place the Royals do. And this was about 12 years ago, also. I think today more is known about both disesases, and treatment as well as care given is much improved over just a decade ago. Basically, these are debilitating diseases. Usually, they occur in older age. Most common in the past these diseases were just considered sinility. Now the medical research shows sinility is just a result from these diseases.

I hear ya. The stress on all the family has been really tough. Feel pretty helpless at times. My sister went from living in Dallas to living with my other sister in south Texas. Now she needs 24 hour care and is in a state hospital in Harlingen. The biggest problem is finding a good place for her. No one in that area will take her because she is now showing signs of aggression towards others. The only place that will take her now is in Refugio which doesn't make it as easy for all the family members to go visit. We're just playing it by ear right now. It'll all work out. Tell all your loved ones how much you love them everyday!:)......I'm guilty of taking folks for granted sometimes.

Saggy Aggie
03-01-2012, 10:42 AM

:doh:

I dont really have to say it because its already been said by others, but really?

44INAROW
03-01-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm probably going to lose my moderator abilities for this - but here goes..
you are a slime bucket..... Always have been - and proably always will be. I hope you get a 24 hour case of explosive diarreha and your car/truck battery dies in the middle of nowhere.

RoyceTTU
03-01-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm probably going to lose my moderator abilities for this - but here goes..
you are a slime bucket..... Always have been - and proably always will be. I hope you get a 24 hour case of explosive diarreha and your car/truck battery dies in the middle of nowhere.

I couldn't help but think of this video with what you said....hahhahhahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atBg9zLI2bA

44INAROW
03-01-2012, 11:37 AM
I couldn't help but think of this video with what you said....hahhahhahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atBg9zLI2bA

this is great.......... :)

Maroon87
03-01-2012, 11:43 AM

This is what happens when your shoe size is larger than your IQ. Kids, don't let this happen to you...