PDA

View Full Version : New NCAA Rules changes were approved

GrTigers6
02-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Still have to see if the UIL adopts these changes or modifies them but here is the link
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2012/february/playing+rules+oversight+panel+approves+rules+chang es+in+football%2C+other+sports

theville
02-28-2012, 03:06 PM
If they want to do anything to NCAA Football its needs to be the BCS, what a joke. :stirpot:

Phil C
02-28-2012, 03:15 PM
If they want to do anything to NCAA Football its needs to be the BCS, what a joke. :stirpot:

:clap:

Ville-D
02-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Maybe they should just make the whole game like overtime...

How about Rock, Paper, Scissors...

How about a huge video screen then we could have the best kid from each team play Madden...

or we could just flip a coin.

BEAST
02-28-2012, 05:34 PM

How about a huge video screen then we could have the best kid from each team play Madden...

or we could just flip a coin.

Thats the damn truth. Before long, just touching a Qb will be totally outlawed.

BEAST

OldNavy
02-28-2012, 08:39 PM
It will be interesting to see what the signal is for illegal jumping over a blocker. Also, your middle LB hits the runner in the hole. The LB's helmet is knocked off his head, but he wrapped up and makes the tackle. Is he penalized because he didn't let go when the helmet came off? And he has to set out the next play. Better tape that head gear on that head. And did I read it right, they are trying to reduce the amount of running on kick offs? I wonder if the NCAA will make some rules to reduce the running in soccer and lacross, and hey, last time I looked they ran a lot in track. Really, I've probably not understood what I think I read.

Saggy Aggie
02-28-2012, 10:12 PM
It will be interesting to see what the signal is for illegal jumping over a blocker. Also, your middle LB hits the runner in the hole. The LB's helmet is knocked off his head, but he wrapped up and makes the tackle. Is he penalized because he didn't let go when the helmet came off? And he has to set out the next play. Better tape that head gear on that head. And did I read it right, they are trying to reduce the amount of running on kick offs? I wonder if the NCAA will make some rules to reduce the running in soccer and lacross, and hey, last time I looked they ran a lot in track. Really, I've probably not understood what I think I read. trying to reduce concussions that come on KO return plays. Making more touch backs = less concussions. At least that's the idea anyways

defense51
02-28-2012, 10:21 PM

or we could just flip a coin.Or maybe have the ol/dl line up and just mean mug one another, the meanest stare wins and there's your hole to run through. Injury free...

Rabid Cougar
02-28-2012, 10:29 PM
So no bikinis in womens volleyball like sand volleyball? DAMD!

regaleagle
02-28-2012, 10:39 PM
I guess watching women's bowling is now at the "bottom" of the list, huh?

defense51
02-29-2012, 12:18 AM
So no bikinis in womens volleyball like sand volleyball? DAMD!Bikinis aren't the best thing in the world, but they are right next to it.

GrTigers6
02-29-2012, 07:49 AM
trying to reduce concussions that come on KO return plays. Making more touch backs = less concussions. At least that's the idea anywaysThe signal for jumping over a blocker is the same as on field goals, Which has been a rule for several years.

scrub c
02-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Another new rule that goes into effect next season is if a player loses his helmet (other than as the result of a foul by the opponent, such as a facemask), it will be treated like an injury. The player must leave the game and is not allowed to participate for the next play.

and all these new expensive helmets wont stay on the players heads... i wonder if its because of the excessive braids/long hair???