PDA

View Full Version : Wharton

westcoast54
02-26-2012, 12:17 AM
What's the deal on this one? What's good about it? What's bad?

yellaseeker
02-26-2012, 12:30 AM
Want to explain a little more?

ExScoop
02-28-2012, 05:07 PM
There have been a lot of Wharton coaches from 1985-2011-Too numerous to mention when I was the sports editor at the Wharton Journal-Spectator.
I can't reemember if a coach was here longer than 5 years-I think Jessie Crow was. as well as Russell Roberts.

The dressing room facilites are terrible at Tiger Stadium. Don't know if that would have anything to do with a coach staying or leaving

The field house is also kind of small at the practice field at the high school.

Weigh room was in terrible shape but it will get refurbished this year with citizens pitching in to pay for it.

I can't ever remember the junior high program being good as well as the Frosh and JV as far as having winning reccords.

Brad Wright had a good first year season as the Tigers won 2 playoff games and could have easily beaten Devine.

Wright was makeing $80,000 and said he left for financial reason. Can't believe he couldn't make a living with that amount. Wonder what he made when he was at Texas State and what he will be making at Waller.

I doubt whoever comes in will stay longer than three years .

East Bernard and El Campo have been the only schools in Wharton County that have kept head football coaches for a long period of time.

Matthew328
02-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Hey ExScoop did you check your Private messages?