PDA

View Full Version : Vernon vs. Aledo

tommymac22
11-19-2001, 02:47 PM
I would like to hear some thoughts on this game, please post professional comments. I'm tired of all this biased b.s. I saw Vernon play Wylie and they looked extremely tough, can anyone give me any info on Aledo

the claw
11-19-2001, 05:57 PM
They looked extremely tough Friday night. They came out and whipped a better team, I don't know anything about Vernon but look out if you don't come ready to play.

Jacket2000
11-19-2001, 06:10 PM
Im thinking Vernon by 16. Ive been stradling the fence on Vernon all year, but any doubts I had about them were put to rest Friday. The Lions are definately for real.
J2K

deliriousmaniac
11-19-2001, 10:37 PM
Well, my opinion is biased, since I play for Aledo, but i can tell you anything you want to know about our team, without giving away crucial game plan info or anything of that sort of course. We have a good team, and showed it against Alvarado. We have lost some games earlier in the year, but we made some changes on offense which should be quite obvious if you have watched us play since Lake Worth. Our run defense is very strong holding bridgewater to 48 yards, and Patino to i believe 70 yards. If your going to beat Aledo you better try and throw the ball. Our offensive line is not to small in size, averaging about 240. The big difference in Vernon's defense compared to Alvarado is the linebackers, Alvarado had smaller quicker linebackers, while Vernon has larger,stronger, and a hair slower. Alvarado's look to be alittle more agressive. I don't know much about Vernon's secondary although. Well that's most of my knowledge on the two teams. Aledo by 7.

coolguycody_c
11-20-2001, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by deliriousmaniac:
Well, my opinion is biased, since I play for Aledo, but i can tell you anything you want to know about our team, without giving away crucial game plan info or anything of that sort of course. We have a good team, and showed it against Alvarado. We have lost some games earlier in the year, but we made some changes on offense which should be quite obvious if you have watched us play since Lake Worth. Our run defense is very strong holding bridgewater to 48 yards, and Patino to i believe 70 yards. If your going to beat Aledo you better try and throw the ball. Our offensive line is not to small in size, averaging about 240. The big difference in Vernon's defense compared to Alvarado is the linebackers, Alvarado had smaller quicker linebackers, while Vernon has larger,stronger, and a hair slower. Alvarado's look to be alittle more agressive. I don't know much about Vernon's secondary although. Well that's most of my knowledge on the two teams. Aledo by 7.
Hmm....Let me see....wasn't tommymac22 looking for unbiased opinions.... I think you went astray in your first sentence. Next time, if someone says that they don't want to read biased opinions, you might have the common sense to omit the "my opinion is biased" phrase.

deliriousmaniac
11-21-2001, 03:45 PM
Well he said he wanted an unbiased opinion on the game, so i made sure to tell him mine was biased. Also if you read his whole post he wanted info on Aledo. I'm sorry for replying with the knowledge i have on the subject since it is so detrimental to your reading. I was simply giving the guy info on Aledo as he asked, but hey, next time i won't because your so offended. Get a life coolguy.