PDA

View Full Version : Decatur and Abilene Wylie Jinx

Bullaholic
02-23-2012, 03:33 PM
The Decatur Eagles are the Bulls biggest rival, but still my heart has to go out to the Decatur folks in the Decatur-Wylie games in girls basketball and football.

In 2003, Decatur had an all-world football team which just donkey-stomped Wylie in a non-district game, and ended up losing to them by a point in the playoffs.

In girls basketball, Decatur always has a pretty good team, but over the last 2-3 seasons they have met and been defeated fairly early in the playoffs by the Wylie girls every time.

Those folks East of Big Sandy Creek have got to be about to lose their minds over playing Abilene Wylie.

ccmom
02-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Don't forget volleyball!!! :)

Bullaholic
02-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Don't forget volleyball!!! :)

That, too!!!

toddg
02-23-2012, 03:48 PM
hey Bull, as luck would have it, Alvarado has both Bridgeport and Decatur in non-district football this year..i know its off-topic..but whats the outlook for those teams next season?

and just to stay on-topic..ccmom..those girls @ Wylie are just plain Awsome!

Bullaholic
02-23-2012, 04:03 PM
hey Bull, as luck would have it, Alvarado has both Bridgeport and Decatur in non-district football this year..i know its off-topic..but whats the outlook for those teams next season?

and just to stay on-topic..ccmom..those girls @ Wylie are just plain Awsome!

Todd--the Bulls next season will be much like last season, with a lot of areas on the defense, and WR on the offense for concern. Our QB and RB should have a good season, but we need some kids to step up to fill some holes on both sides of the ball. Still, even in somewhat of a re-building year, the Bulls should move the ball and be dangerous on offense. Having enough defense to end up on the right side of shootouts will again be the key.

Decatur is very physical and has got some horses again next season. If they can stay disciplined and get everything clicking mentally---they can do some harm.

ccmom
02-23-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm excited that we will be playing the Bulls for the next two years!!! Should be some good games with two good programs!! Oh and I hear Bridgeport has some cute stores to shop in and that's always a good thing! ;)

Bullaholic
02-23-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm excited that we will be playing the Bulls for the next two years!!! Should be some good games with two good programs!! Oh and I hear Bridgeport has some cute stores to shop in and that's always a good thing! ;)

I felt the same way when I found out we had Abilene Wylie scheduled, ccmom. Always wanted to play you guys because of the quality program and ardent crowd. The Bulls may not be world-beaters this season, but I guarantee you will not be bored watching them. I look forward to seeing and meeting you and some of the other Wylie posters at the game.

Leopard4Life
02-23-2012, 05:08 PM
I felt the same way when I found out we had Abilene Wylie scheduled, ccmom. Always wanted to play you guys because of the quality program and ardent crowd. The Bulls may not be world-beaters this season, but I guarantee you will not be bored watching them. I look forward to seeing and meeting you and some of the other Wylie posters at the game.

Bullaholic, you feel the same way? Does AW have some cute stores to shop in? :stirpot:

Bullaholic
02-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Bullaholic, you feel the same way? Does AW have some cute stores to shop in? :stirpot:

Well, lep, I can't have the Abilene fashion police after me when i go to the game now can I? :D

waterboy
02-23-2012, 05:25 PM
The Decatur Eagles are the Bulls biggest rival, but still my heart has to go out to the Decatur folks in the Decatur-Wylie games in girls basketball and football.

In 2003, Decatur had an all-world football team which just donkey-stomped Wylie in a non-district game, and ended up losing to them by a point in the playoffs.

In girls basketball, Decatur always has a pretty good team, but over the last 2-3 seasons they have met and been defeated fairly early in the playoffs by the Wylie girls every time.

Those folks East of Big Sandy Creek have got to be about to lose their minds over playing Abilene Wylie.
:eek: Decatur and Wylie have girls football???!!!:eek:

Dang! I'm gonna have to come watch that!:inlove:

Matthew328
02-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Bridgeport QB younger brother should be fully recovered from an accident in the off-season...he missed all of 2011 and he's a big target..he'll help a lot

ccmom
02-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Well, lep, I can't have the Abilene fashion police after me when i go to the game now can I? :D Listen, we let the Snyder folks in so I'm sure you are safe. ;)

cr180t
02-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Listen, we let the Snyder folks in so I'm sure you are safe. ;)

What?

ccmom
02-23-2012, 11:01 PM
What?Awww...I figured that might lure a couple of you Tigers out!!! Hey stranger! :)