PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville 2012 W/L Predictions

Bullaholic
02-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Following is link to the current 2012 Stephenville season schedule from their website. Give us your very early game-by- game W/L predictions. Time we have as much fun with Stephenville as we did with Brownwood when they dropped into 3A. Hope we do get some good discussion of the new 3A "elephant in the room", as well as have some fun.

http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=888.0

I think the following teams have the best shot at handing the Yellowjackets a loss:

Aledo
Alvarado
Waco La Vega

What do you think?

Bullaholic
02-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Just noticed that a lot of this may have been discussed in the "New Kid on the Block", thread. If so, my apologies for the dupe, but feel free to add anything on this thread.

Ville-D
02-23-2012, 02:34 PM
My Pre-District thoughts, (disclaimer: I am a huge Stephenville homer as you will soon see)

vs. Monterrey Tech, Mexico
Not sure about this one, they didn't play here last year because of drug cartel issues. The year before the played some pretty tough teams and did OK. I still think Stephenville gets the win: 42-24

vs. Aledo
This one will be like the Brownwood game in 2011, the date is circled, the boys will be ready. Payback is a b.... Stephenville wins 66-12

vs. Beaumont Ozen
Don't know much about them other than the blow-up vs La Marque. Stephenville may be down a bit after the Aledo game so it might be close. Stephenville wins 31-28

@ Waco La Vega
First and only 3a matchup... Stephenville wins 49-20

vs. Amarillo High
Former 5a team is a tough match-up for us. Could go either way. Stephenville wins 38-31

I think we need to lose a game before district starts to help us to stay focused, but I'd like to go undefedted as well. We can definitely lose any one of these game if we play like we did last year in our mid-season slump. My predictions are just that and have very little basis other than my gut feeling.

Feel free to bash away, but if I'm right... you heard it here first.

Saggy Aggie
02-23-2012, 02:45 PM
WLV will be #1 in a lot of preseason polls, maybe 2 but certainly top 5. If stephenville beats WLV by 4 TDs, im willing to hand them the championship trophy that night.

Stephenville 7-3 at worst in regular season probably 8-2, and wins their playoff games until the semis, then goes home. JMO

toddg
02-23-2012, 02:55 PM
though i agree with 4 of your predictions...had to laugh @ your Aledo score...Aledo aint Brownwood..and while visiting the inlaws last week, saw a bunch of moving vans in town..lol!

Ville-D
02-23-2012, 02:59 PM
I know, but that is the score I am looking for.

though i agree with 4 of your predictions...had to laugh @ your Aledo score...Aledo aint Brownwood..and while visiting the inlaws last week, saw a bunch of moving vans in town..lol!

Old Tiger
02-23-2012, 03:07 PM
What is the full schedule?

ronwx5x
02-23-2012, 03:10 PM
WLV will be #1 in a lot of preseason polls, maybe 2 but certainly top 5. If stephenville beats WLV by 4 TDs, im willing to hand them the championship trophy that night.

Stephenville 7-3 at worst in regular season probably 8-2, and wins their playoff games until the semis, then goes home. JMO

Will be difficult to go either 7-3 or 8-2 with only 9 games scheduled!

Saggy Aggie
02-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Will be difficult to go either 7-3 or 8-2 with only 9 games scheduled! touché. 2 or maybe 3 losses was my point :)

Lion70
02-23-2012, 03:27 PM
I would like too see lose them all lol , but I expect them to recieve their first loss to an East Texas team in the playoffs.

Ville-D
02-23-2012, 03:31 PM
DCTF Winter 2012 pre-season poll is:

1. Stephenville
2. Carthage
3. Gilmer
4. Celina
5. La Marque
6. Sealy
7. Navasota
8. West Orange-Stark
9. Argyle
10. Bellville

Bullaholic
02-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Sure hope Rocket catches the scent of this thread and drops by and gives us his unbiased opinion....:D

Ville-D
02-23-2012, 03:42 PM
What is the full schedule?

Yellow Jackets 2012 (0-0,0-0)

Week

Date
Opponent

Time/Results

Scrim

8/17-Friday
@ Haltom w/The Colony (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=220)

TBA

Scrim

8/24-Friday
vs. Granbury

TBA

8/31-Friday

7:30pm

9/7-Friday
vs. Aledo

9/15-Saturday
vs. Beaumont Ozen @ Kincaide Stadium, Dallas (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=309)

1:00pm

9/21-Friday
@ Waco La Vega (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=149)

TBA
vs. Amarillo High @ TBA

TBA

10/5-Friday
Open

-

10/12-Friday
vs. Glen Rose * ##

10/19-Friday
@ Alvarado * (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=225)

10/26-Friday
vs. Venus * #

11/2-Friday
@ Hillsboro * (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=65)

11/09-Friday
Open

-

TBA
TBA **

TBA

TBA
TBA **

TBA

TBA
TBA **

TBA

TBA
TBA **

TBA

TBA
TBA **

TBA

* District, **Playoff, #Homecoming, ##Hall of Fame Game

Sville
02-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Sville will go 8-1 in the regular season losing to Ozen. Ozen is going to be loaded with plenty of returning starters. The Aledo game is a rivalry game so anything can happen but the Jackets were 5-1 against the Bearcats before the JG era. Plus we get them at home this year. I am very interested in the WLV game as already stated they are suppose to have one of the top teams in 3A and will be more indicative of the type of 3A talent we will face deep in the playoffs. I will say this, traditionally Sville has been very good against run oriented teams. The teams that give us the biggest problems are ones with dual threat QBs or real good passing attacks. We will beat Amarillo in a good game. Coach Maxfield was at Burleson for a while and we generally had some good games against his Elk squads. I imagine the talent level at Amarillo High will be about the same as what he had in Burleson. He always had physical football teams.

I then predict we will be undefeated DC and beat Carthage in the SC game. The reason I think we will win #5 is not based solely on us dropping a classification is it mainly b/c of the returning talent we will have next year. Barring any significant injuries I think we will have an outstanding offense, followed by a solid defense. Defensively we have some questions especially at the LB spot.

Old Tiger
02-23-2012, 03:50 PM
3 or 4 losses

Sville
02-23-2012, 03:52 PM
I would like too see lose them all lol , but I expect them to recieve their first loss to an East Texas team in the playoffs.

Whats up with the Sville hate. I know we are a confident bunch but we haven't come in here like gang busters like Bwood did when they dropped.

On another subject, is that race track outside of Henderson still operating? I used to go Kart racing there in my youth and even raced against Jamie McMurray there.

Sville
02-23-2012, 03:57 PM
3 or 4 losses

If we have 4 losses next year I will drive down to Waco and we will have a night at George's O on my dime.

Saggy Aggie
02-23-2012, 03:58 PM
DCTF Winter 2012 pre-season poll is:

1. Stephenville
2. Carthage
3. Gilmer
4. Celina
5. La Marque
6. Sealy
7. Navasota
8. West Orange-Stark
9. Argyle
10. Bellville

WLV > WOS, Bellville, Sealy, Celina, Gilmer

WLV>>> Argyle

I think the top 5 will be in no particular order, LM, Navasota, Stephenville, WLV, Carthage

toddg
02-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Sville will go 8-1 in the regular season losing to Ozen. Ozen is going to be loaded with plenty of returning starters. The Aledo game is a rivalry game so anything can happen but the Jackets were 5-1 against the Bearcats before the JG era. Plus we get them at home this year. I am very interested in the WLV game as already stated they are suppose to have one of the top teams in 3A and will be more indicative of the type of 3A talent we will face deep in the playoffs. I will say this, traditionally Sville has been very good against run oriented teams. The teams that give us the biggest problems are ones with dual threat QBs or real good passing attacks. We will beat Amarillo in a good game. Coach Maxfield was at Burleson for a while and we generally had some good games against his Elk squads. I imagine the talent level at Amarillo High will be about the same as what he had in Burleson. He always had physical football teams

I then predict we will be undefeated DC and beat Carthage in the SC game. The reason I think we will win #5 is not based solely on us dropping a classification is it mainly b/c of the returning talent we will have next year. Barring any significant injuries I think we will have an outstanding offense, followed by a solid defense. Defensively we have some questions especially at the LB spot.

JG isnt the only reason that Aledo has had the upperhand the last several years...i saw Aledo's defense completely shut the jackets offense down in Midlothian and i never saw #32 playing defense.

Ville-D
02-23-2012, 04:07 PM
I'll split that with you.

If we have 4 losses next year I will drive down to Waco and we will have a night at George's O on my dime.

cowboyandchrist
02-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Sville will go 8-1 in the regular season losing to Ozen. Ozen is going to be loaded with plenty of returning starters. The Aledo game is a rivalry game so anything can happen but the Jackets were 5-1 against the Bearcats before the JG era. Plus we get them at home this year. I am very interested in the WLV game as already stated they are suppose to have one of the top teams in 3A and will be more indicative of the type of 3A talent we will face deep in the playoffs. I will say this, traditionally Sville has been very good against run oriented teams. The teams that give us the biggest problems are ones with dual threat QBs or real good passing attacks. We will beat Amarillo in a good game. Coach Maxfield was at Burleson for a while and we generally had some good games against his Elk squads. I imagine the talent level at Amarillo High will be about the same as what he had in Burleson. He always had physical football teams.

I agree with you on everything except, I do not believe any one can or will beat the Carthage Bull Dawgs if they make it to the State championship game. Carthage will run on the teams that can not stop the run and will pass on the teams that can not stop the pass. They do both equally well.

Lion70
02-23-2012, 04:16 PM
No its not by the way ville.

Sville
02-23-2012, 04:18 PM
JG isnt the only reason that Aledo has had the upperhand the last several years...i saw Aledo's defense completely shut the jackets offense down in Midlothian and i never saw #32 playing defense.

You're right the other reason was their first true passing QB in Matthew Bishop and IMHO he is the biggest reason they won 3 in a row. As far as the playoff game in Midlothian goes Aledo and mother nature shut us out.

Ville-D
02-23-2012, 04:46 PM
On the QF game last year...

1. We had come to rely on the pass too much in the games prior due to injuries. Edwards (our RB) was back, but definitely not 100%. The rain KILLED our passing game.
2. The Aledo Def was vastly improved over week 0 and I think we went in a little (offensively) over confident.
3. Our Def played an outstanding game. Holding that Aledo team to 33 points is all any team could expect to do.

waterboy
02-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Stephenville will go 11-2 on the season.

Matthew328
02-23-2012, 05:45 PM
LM shouldn't be ranked #1 in any polls..they lost a ton on offense...they'll be real good but not #1 material

waterboy
02-23-2012, 05:51 PM
LM shouldn't be ranked #1 in any polls..they lost a ton on offense...they'll be real good but not #1 material
What poll has LM at #1?

Ville-D
02-23-2012, 06:06 PM
You are a game short of the SC...

12-2 maybe with the 2 coming in the preseason, but 14-0 sounds better to me.

Stephenville will go 11-2 on the season.

Old Tiger
02-23-2012, 07:28 PM
If we have 4 losses next year I will drive down to Waco and we will have a night at George's O on my dime. will be in waco till august 17

You are a game short of the SC...

12-2 maybe with the 2 coming in the preseason, but 14-0 sounds better to me.

If we don't go undefeated then no more than 1 loss. I don't think we will get beat in district for sure. And fully expect to win it all.
STEPHENVILLE STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

toddg
02-23-2012, 08:42 PM
If we don't go undefeated then no more than 1 loss. I don't think we will get beat in district for sure. And fully expect to win it all.

unless it rains..

BwdLion73
02-23-2012, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=Sville;1663056]Whats up with the Sville hate. I know we are a confident bunch but we haven't come in here like gang busters like Bwood did when they dropped.

QUOTE]

:ack!::spitlol::doh:

Daddy D 11
02-23-2012, 08:57 PM
unless it rains..

lmao :clap:

Old LB
02-23-2012, 09:45 PM
I've thought this one over for a day or so, and as bad as I hate to say it, I think the Ville could possibly lose 1 or 2 in predistrict but after that I don't think they will lose again. They have a lot returning and they have been ousted by Aledo in the past few years. They will see this year as a great opportunity to win it all and probably take advantage of it.

83Indian
02-23-2012, 10:00 PM

I expect you to win it all as well. But lets be clear, Alvarado is not the same poor little program it was 4 or 5 years ago when we last played. Dixon has built a great program and I fully expect we will reload. Your on our turf and it will be a bigger game for Alvarado than Stephenville. My biggest concern is losing 2 great DB's and 2 great line backers. Its time for the D1 and D2 champs to be from district 7.

Manso/V8
02-23-2012, 10:24 PM
That Stephaniville QB (is it Tyler Jones?) in the highlights seems to have a pretty quick release, but it looks a little unusual, kind of like he short arms it a little bit. It doesn't seem to hurt his effectiveness or ability to hit the longer passes. I am not picking on him or his mechanics, just looking for one of the 3a downlow experts to comment on it.

On a totally different topic, I say Stephaniville loses 2-3 in the regular season and gets beat in the 2nd round......after all, they aren't a 4a team any more and at least the supporters talk a bit too much which is usually a harbinger to a disappointing season.

toddg
02-23-2012, 10:26 PM
its funny how Stephenville is so confident they will roll past Alvarado in district..all the Indians have done the last 2 years is go 26-3 and dominate region 1 div 1 in the playoffs and give the last 2 div1 state champs all they wanted, true..we have'nt won a SC yet, but we are headed that way...and yes we have won playoff games in the rain..the only thing we can gauge is common opponents last year..Abilene Wylie earned all 95 of those yards they gained against us in the playoffs last year, as did the Indians with the 458 we gained..but that was just a playoff game..im sure it wasnt as impressive as the preseason whoopin ya'll put on them last year..but, none the less, i do believe Stephenville will win the div1 state championship next year..atleast i'll be rooting for ya'll to do so. Alvarado is proud of the program Coach Dixon & staff has built here and its gaining every year as evident with the district championships from 7th grade to varsity the last several years.

83Indian
02-23-2012, 10:28 PM
That Stephaniville QB (is it Tyler Jones?) in the highlights seems to have a pretty quick release, but it looks a little unusual, kind of like he short arms it a little bit. It doesn't seem to hurt his effectiveness or ability to hit the longer passes. I am not picking on him or his mechanics, just looking for one of the 3a downlow experts to comment on it.

On a totally different topic, I say Stephaniville loses 2-3 in the regular season and gets beat in the 2nd round......after all, they aren't a 4a team any more and at least the supporters talk a bit too much which is usually a harbinger to a disappointing season.

The D1 R1 route thru the playoffs has been weak. Exactly who gives them a challenge? Look what Alvarado has done the last two years and now Stephenville with arguably a better team than Alvarado had in 2011. I don't see a close game for them until the state championship with Carthage

Emerson1
02-23-2012, 10:49 PM
I hope they go 0-10(9) just because the coach makes the QB run to the sidelines for every single play call.

Ville-D
02-23-2012, 10:54 PM
I have never understood why he does that... It is not the HC, it is the OC that does it.

I hope they go 0-10(9) just because the coach makes the QB run to the sidelines for every single play call.

Emerson1
02-23-2012, 11:25 PM
I have never understood why he does that... It is not the HC, it is the OC that does it.
That little jog seems like a big waste of energy. If Jones just ran 45 yard let him stand there for 10 seconds and catch his breath not have to jog another 40 yards to the sidelines and back.

Sville
02-24-2012, 12:14 AM
What year did Dixon get to Alvarado?

toddg
02-24-2012, 12:48 AM
What year did Dixon get to Alvarado?

Ville-D
02-24-2012, 01:19 AM
Toddg, Y'all gonna roll out the red carpet when we come to town in week 7? I like my steaks medium-rare.

toddg
02-24-2012, 01:48 AM
Toddg, Y'all gonna roll out the red carpet when we come to town in week 7? I like my steaks medium-rare.

ha haaa! it will be a crowded stadium for sure...we will do our best to make ya'll feel real welcomed!
last time the Indians played the Jackets Spano threw 5 tds..in the first half....payback is in order! LOL!

hollywood
02-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Stephenville will be very hard to beat this year whether they were in 4A or in 3A.

Will be very surprised if they don't go undefeated in both pre-district and district. Slice it and dice it however you want. They will be very very strong.

Stephenville is returning most of it's starters including QB and WR combo.

Aledo lost Gray and Bishop who were the engines to their 3-peat. Won't be near the calibar as in last 3 years.

I will say this... Monterry Tech could be the sleeper. Mexicans can play football!

*And for the Alvarado posters.. you guys lost a lot of talent from last years team. I know there will be players stepping up, but won't be enough to counter what Stephenville has returning. Get out of the dream world people! Leave the peyote alone!

MGAR
02-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Stephenville will be very hard to beat this year whether they were in 4A or in 3A.

Will be very surprised if they don't go undefeated in both pre-district and district. Slice it and dice it however you want. They will be very very strong.

Stephenville is returning most of it's starters including QB and WR combo.

Aledo lost Gray and Bishop who were the engines to their 3-peat. Won't be near the calibar as in last 3 years.

I will say this... Monterry Tech could be the sleeper. Mexicans can play football!

*And for the Alvarado posters.. you guys lost a lot of talent from last years team. I know there will be players stepping up, but won't be enough to counter what Stephenville has returning. Get out of the dream world people! Leave the peyote alone!

Yea, but they call it Futbol.

hollywood
02-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Yea, but they call it Futbol.

;), you're a quick draw mgar!

Tin Cup
02-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Waco La Vega was just as talented as TCH last year. If they have that core back, they hand SV their only loss until the playoffs where SV will at least win R1

hollywood
02-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Waco La Vega was just as talented as TCH last year. If they have that core back, they hand SV their only loss until the playoffs where SV will at least win R1

Nope... Stephenville was better than any 3A team last year and have all key players except Edwards coming back. He was out most of season and wasn't 100% when he returned.

hollywood
02-24-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm telling you people, Stephenville is going to be GOOD. Most that aren't in the know, have no idea.

Old Tiger
02-24-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm telling you people, Stephenville is going to be GOOD. Most that aren't in the know, have no idea.Rodney?

hollywood
02-24-2012, 10:14 AM
I'll split that with you.

I'll chip in too.

Old Tiger
02-24-2012, 10:16 AM
I'll chip in too.Hell

Vill-D, Sville, and hollywood. We might as well call this a night on the town, lol

Tin Cup
Was Brownwood 2010 good? Was that enough? To me it's a little about having that group that has good timing. Sville won't win state if a really strong Carthage type team is out there this year in D1. If that team doesn't exist, then I say they can win it.

hollywood
Rodney?

LOL.. uh, no. I'm not saying their going to be SC's... but very hard to beat baring no health issues. There will be some very talented Soph's that will make some noise.

hollywood
02-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Was Brownwood 2010 good? Was that enough? To me it's a little about having that group that has good timing. Sville won't win state if a really strong Carthage type team is out there this year in D1. If that team doesn't exist, then I say they can win it.

2010 Lions were awesome! But they didn't have the OL and DL to compete with that Carthage team. In all honesty, Stephenville would have had a better shot at beating Carthage that year than Brownwood did, even though Brownwood thumped Stephenville early in the season. That's the key, early in the season. Stephenville found their legs and had the OL and DL to handle Carthage.

And will even better this season. Just an unbiased POV.

BEAST
02-24-2012, 12:30 PM
2010 Lions were awesome! But they didn't have the OL and DL to compete with that Carthage team. In all honesty, Stephenville would have had a better shot at beating Carthage that year than Brownwood did, even though Brownwood thumped Stephenville early in the season. That's the key, early in the season. Stephenville found their legs and had the OL and DL to handle Carthage.

And will even better this season. Just an unbiased POV.

We were not able to compete with Carthage?? My gosh man, it went to the last play of the game. Many folks, including non Wood folks still think Brownwood got hosed at the end. I am pretty sure we competed well. Did they chew up our D? Yes they did. Did Brownwood chew up the Carthage D? For sure.

BEAST

hollywood
02-24-2012, 03:30 PM
We were not able to compete with Carthage?? My gosh man, it went to the last play of the game. Many folks, including non Wood folks still think Brownwood got hosed at the end. I am pretty sure we competed well. Did they chew up our D? Yes they did. Did Brownwood chew up the Carthage D? For sure.

BEAST

LOL... Guess I should have used another word than "compete". Brownwood competed and could have won the game just as Carthage did. Of course they got hosed. Anyone who saw that knows. But, Carthage's OL dominated Brownwood's DL and visa versa. They rushed for over 300 yards! And their DL pretty much shut down Brownwoods running game. Come on, let's be honest here. Brown and Shipley were almost unstoppable. That's the main reason Brownwood was still in the game in the end. Carthage played more of a complete game. They could pound it or throw it at will that night. Brownwood had to rely on the big play.

Matthew328
02-24-2012, 03:40 PM
There's no doubt in my mind Carthage won that game over Brownwood because they were better up front on both sides of the ball...Brownwood's skill people were up to the task, but Carthage won that game in the trenches

BEAST
02-24-2012, 03:56 PM
There's no doubt in my mind Carthage won that game over Brownwood because they were better up front on both sides of the ball...Brownwood's skill people were up to the task, but Carthage won that game in the trenches

A botched pass interfernce call in the endzone didnt hurt none.

BEAST

hollywood
02-24-2012, 04:46 PM

I agree. I know it's the past and shoulda coulda woulda. But that's the point I was trying to make about Stephenville 2010. They would have been more suited to knock off Carthage that year because they had the OL and DL with the added experienced Edwards at that point in the season. Took Aledo down to the wire in the quarters.

Brownwood was obviously awesome in 2010 and thumped Stephenville earlier that year. Score could have been worse at the end. But you also have to keep it in perspective.. Miles was pulled that game because he was severly out of shape and Brownwood shut down Stephenvilles run. Edwards came in but didn't have any reps prior to that. Game was close until late 3rd qtr when Brownwood opened it up. If Stephenville would have had an experienced Edwards that game, it could have been a lot closer or the other way around.

cowboyandchrist
02-24-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm telling you people, Stephenville is going to be GOOD. Most that aren't in the know, have no idea.
You will learn just like every other team the last 10 years, there will be a team from the East (maybe Carthage) that will change your mind.

cowboyandchrist
02-24-2012, 06:16 PM
LOL... Guess I should have used another word than "compete". Brownwood competed and could have won the game just as Carthage did. Of course they got hosed. Anyone who saw that knows. But, Carthage's OL dominated Brownwood's DL and visa versa. They rushed for over 300 yards! And their DL pretty much shut down Brownwoods running game. Come on, let's be honest here. Brown and Shipley were almost unstoppable. That's the main reason Brownwood was still in the game in the end. Carthage played more of a complete game. They could pound it or throw it at will that night. Brownwood had to rely on the big play.
Carthage maybe better this year than they were in 2010 not as good as 08, but could be better than 2010.

hollywood
02-24-2012, 06:28 PM
You will learn just like every other team the last 10 years, there will be a team from the East (maybe Carthage) that will change your mind.

Don't have to worry about me learning... I know already. ;)

There are a few East Texas teams that can claim that.

hollywood
02-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Carthage maybe better this year than they were in 2010 not as good as 08, but could be better than 2010.

We'll see. I think 2010 was better than 2008. IMO

This could be one of the best Stephenville teams in a long time.

defense51
02-24-2012, 10:53 PM

Already overlooking the Indians in district... we may have lost a few kids but we have some very good young talent coming up from the jv and freshman teams. And the game is in our house, that might just be the loss you get to help your team get focused.

hollywood
02-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Already overlooking the Indians in district... we may have lost a few kids but we have some very good young talent coming up from the jv and freshman teams. And the game is in our house, that might just be the loss you get to help your team get focused.

Lay off the peyote man.

ccmom
02-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Lay off the peyote man.

LOL...cheers...clink! :)

Old Tiger
02-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Beast,

Are you talking about the play at the end where jaxon drug down the db that was about to intercept the pass?

Ville-D
02-25-2012, 12:16 AM
It doesn't matter if Stephenville wins or loses to Alvarado. We still go D1 from the #1,2 or 3 hole. We just have to beat Venus and Hillsboro to get in. That being said... we will not be beat in district play.

Our team and coaches are not overlooking anybody, I can guarantee that. I think it is hilarious when one group of fans thinks that anything that another group of fans say or do will have any influence on the outcome of a game.

I don't think there is a team in 3A that will beat Stephenville this year. If you don't feel the same way about your team then that is your problem. If you think your team is better and can beat Stephenville then step up and let it be known. Don't say that you can beat us because we are overlooking you... That is weak IMO.

My confidence has nothing to do with our student count or the drop down to 3A... it is based on the amount of talent and depth we have coming back. I believe that even in 4a we would have been a very competitive D2 team and one of the top ranked 4a programs.

We have 11 full time starters and another 5 that rotated into the games on a regular basis depending on the package/situation. We also have a ton of talent coming up from 2 JV and 2 Frosh teams. Our kids are working hard today to get ready for next season.

Like us or hate us - Makes no difference - We will make some noise next year.

hsbtex
02-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Old Tiger,

Are you talking about the two Carthage defenders that crawled up Jaxon's back to deflect the pass??

Manso/V8
02-25-2012, 03:50 PM
It doesn't matter if Stephenville wins or loses to Alvarado. We still go D1 from the #1,2 or 3 hole. We just have to beat Venus and Hillsboro to get in. That being said... we will not be beat in district play.

Our team and coaches are not overlooking anybody, I can guarantee that. I think it is hilarious when one group of fans thinks that anything that another group of fans say or do will have any influence on the outcome of a game.

I don't think there is a team in 3A that will beat Stephenville this year. If you don't feel the same way about your team then that is your problem. If you think your team is better and can beat Stephenville then step up and let it be known. Don't say that you can beat us because we are overlooking you... That is weak IMO.

My confidence has nothing to do with our student count or the drop down to 3A... it is based on the amount of talent and depth we have coming back. I believe that even in 4a we would have been a very competitive D2 team and one of the top ranked 4a programs.

We have 11 full time starters and another 5 that rotated into the games on a regular basis depending on the package/situation. We also have a ton of talent coming up from 2 JV and 2 Frosh teams. Our kids are working hard today to get ready for next season.

Like us or hate us - Makes no difference - We will make some noise next year.

I don't hate or like Stephenville. You lay out a good argument, and I am sure you will make noise in 2012. I don't know if you have, but at least one other Sville poster has been claiming yall will win the state championship. I am sure she is just trying to have some fun and stir up conversation.....so yeah, Stephanville is already making noise in 2012. No matter what players you have returning and/or coming up, no matter how big your enrollment, no matter how hard your boys are preparing, state championships are not a given......to much can happen between now and December. I agree Sville will make noise, I just hope its not bragging or whining.

toddg
02-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Lay off the peyote man.

cant....its very addictive!

COBRAFOOTBALL
02-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Pass it this way Todd... :crazy:

hsbtex
02-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Whats up with the Sville hate. I know we are a confident bunch but we haven't come in here like gang busters like Bwood did when they dropped.

On another subject, is that race track outside of Henderson still operating? I used to go Kart racing there in my youth and even raced against Jamie McMurray there.

Funny reading that. That track was called Oak Hill Raceway. I will never forget during my first year as an amatuer (2004) racing superbike, and showing up to that place for the first time and thinking...we are going to race 600 to 1000cc superbikes...on this track?? I actually learned to like that track, and began to understand why Ben Spies told me...that if you can go fast at Oak Hill...you can go fast anywhere!

hollywood
02-25-2012, 07:13 PM
LOL...cheers...clink! :)

:D Cheers my friend! ;)

hollywood
02-25-2012, 07:15 PM
cant....its very addictive!

I've heard that! :smoker:

Hey, I can't knock your love for your team though. It will be a packed house, that's for sure.

defense51
02-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Toddg, Y'all gonna roll out the red carpet when we come to town in week 7? I like my steaks medium-rare.Ville-D, how do you like your crow? Just in case we need to serve a little to the jackets fans after the game...

Old Tiger
02-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Old Tiger,

Are you talking about the two Carthage defenders that crawled up Jaxon's back to deflect the pass??On the play I saw Jaxon slipped on the whip route and drug the defender down.

defense51
02-25-2012, 08:03 PM
K

Like us or hate us - Makes no difference - We will make some noise next year.Did you really question that what we say on here doesn't affect the outcome of a game? Come on, this is where the game is played... I think the Indians are looking forward to the game between us, as are the fans. I was just making a statement that you shouldn't overlook us. All the kids here in Alvarado now have come up through Coach Dixon's program, I think that is a + for us. And with the younger kids moving up who were dominating last year, dont count us out.

OldBison75
02-25-2012, 08:38 PM
There are a few teams that have a very strong returning class next year and can match the returning starter numbers that the Ville has. Does that mean they will be as good as the Ville or can beat them---Hell NO. But, I believe there are at least six teams that will have the ability to beat the Ville on any given night. And, if the injury bug or other unforseen problems occur, the Ville could just as easily fall alot just like many other teams have in the past after big expectations. Everybody is leaving LaMarque out of the discussion, but they are gonna be just as big of a challenge to the returning 3A Programs.

Having faith in your team and giving them undying support is great, but when the games are played, it just don't matter what you did last year or last week, it is how you perform for those 48 minutes.

Ville-D
02-26-2012, 12:11 AM
Having faith in your team and giving them undying support is great, but when the games are played, it just don't matter what you did last year or last week, it is how you perform for those 48 minutes.

I agree. And I think La Marque will do will, but I expect them to go D2

Ville-D
02-26-2012, 12:13 AM
I guess I'd like mine wrapped in bacon with a slice of jalapeno then grilled... That's how I usually eat it.

Ville-D, how do you like your crow? Just in case we need to serve a little to the jackets fans after the game...

defense51
02-26-2012, 03:33 AM
I guess I'd like mine wrapped in bacon with a slice of jalapeno then grilled... That's how I usually eat it.Gotcha

toddg
02-26-2012, 04:42 PM
I've heard that! :smoker:

Hey, I can't knock your love for your team though. It will be a packed house, that's for sure.

i was in the sweat lodge, getting another drag off the peace pipe, in the rising flame..i saw a vision..the forelorn faces of Stephenville fans..stunned with disbelief..as i heard the announcer, faintly over the roar of the home crowd, say.."another Indian touchdown"!!:cheerl:

Ville-D
02-26-2012, 04:56 PM
If anyone beats us this year, it might as well be you. We'll see. Hold you breath till the game...

i was in the sweat lodge, getting another drag off the peace pipe, in the rising flame..i saw a vision..the forelorn faces of Stephenville fans..stunned with disbelief..as i heard the announcer, faintly over the roar of the home crowd, say.."another Indian touchdown"!!:cheerl:

toddg
02-26-2012, 05:13 PM
If anyone beats us this year, it might as well be you. We'll see. Hold you breath till the game...

realisticly...i wont have a feel for this game until the week of the game... win or lose, im happy Stephenville is in our district..it will just make us better and we wont have to face ya'll in the playoffs.

Ville-D
02-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Agreed

realisticly...i wont have a feel for this game until the week of the game... win or lose, im happy Stephenville is in our district..it will just make us better and we wont have to face ya'll in the playoffs.

83Indian
02-26-2012, 06:49 PM

:iagree:

Ville-D
07-23-2012, 11:48 PM

I say 9-0. We will handle Ozen.

regaleagle
07-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Not much consideration on here about a Region 2 DI opponent Sville must get past to make it to the SC game. It may very well be a stumbling block everyone seems to be looking past...if Sville is able to get there. Too early to predict a probable opponent, but Region 2 usually has a formidable one. By Week 14, all teams will be worth the price of admission.

Ville-D
09-29-2012, 06:07 PM
My Pre-District thoughts, (disclaimer: I am a huge Stephenville homer as you will soon see)

Not sure about this one, they didn't play here last year because of drug cartel issues. The year before the played some pretty tough teams and did OK. I still think Stephenville gets the win: 42-24

vs. Aledo
This one will be like the Brownwood game in 2011, the date is circled, the boys will be ready. Payback is a b.... Stephenville wins 66-12

vs. Beaumont Ozen
Don't know much about them other than the blow-up vs La Marque. Stephenville may be down a bit after the Aledo game so it might be close. Stephenville wins 31-28

@ Waco La Vega

vs. Amarillo High
Former 5a team is a tough match-up for us. Could go either way. Stephenville wins 38-31

I think we need to lose a game before district starts to help us to stay focused, but I'd like to go undefedted as well. We can definitely lose any one of these game if we play like we did last year in our mid-season slump. My predictions are just that and have very little basis other than my gut feeling.

This was one of my first posts here... Not too bad. I missed the Montezuma's revenge of week 0 and I was a little off on a few scores. But I did say that we needed to lose one game before district to get us focused. I guess week 0 was not bad. I'll put up my district predictions before the next game.

What are your thoughts?

Ville-D
09-29-2012, 06:21 PM
By the way we are undefeated in all non-international play as VtSkNebraska pointed out. (0-1) (4-0) (0-0)

garciap77
09-29-2012, 08:20 PM
By the way we are undefeated in all non-international play as VtSkNebraska pointed out. (0-1) (4-0) (0-0)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/perfect10.gif

Ville-D
11-18-2012, 11:20 PM

I guess now we'd be (0-1) (4-0) (4-0) (1-0)

International, PreDistrict, District, Playoffs.

--------
I Believe That We Will Win

vs. Aledo

vs. Beaumont Ozen

@ Waco La Vega

vs. Amarillo High

You nailed it.