PDA

View Full Version : Burnt vs Gainesville/Abilene W

pepboy
12-03-2003, 05:05 PM
If burnet was to meet these teams, where would they meet? I know that burnet still has to win and all and I think they "might"? And I know they have tosses and what not. But where would be a logical place for them to play. You know so we don't have any cry babies from either team.

zippy
12-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Corpus?

pepboy
12-03-2003, 05:12 PM
Well I think they know the way now! haha

jason
12-03-2003, 05:14 PM
if its gainesville i think it might be Waco ISD stadium, Texas Stadium (g'ville home) or the astrodome (burnet home)

dont know about Abilene Wylie though...

zippy
12-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Well we lost the state championship game in the astrodome in 91, lost the state champ game in the alamodome in 02, So I Vote NO DOMES. :D

Keith7
12-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Lets play in the ball park in arlington

pepboy
12-03-2003, 05:20 PM
waco sounds good to me. Baylor or the ISD?

jason
12-03-2003, 05:23 PM
pepboy:
waco sounds good to me. Baylor or the ISD?well i originally said Waco ISD stadium, i guess baylor would work too...it'd prolly be the best game there all year, lol...

MonkeyJoe
12-03-2003, 05:24 PM
i say it'll be at waco...
because i dont think that burnet will let the game be played at texas stadium since gainesville has already played there and has a "feel for the field"..

KTJ
12-03-2003, 06:17 PM
i say they both would agree to texas stadium. i know gainesville would want it there...or coach cordell at least.

but logic states that waco would be a good halfway point for both squads. (not to mention only an hour drive for me from austin.)

JHS_c/o_06'
12-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Dont look past Jasper. Not a threat, just a suggestion. It hurts worse when you look past a team and then they beat you...trust me...we know.

But...if....and thats a mighty big if, Jasper manages to win, id like us to play at Texas Stadium or UT's field. But thats the future...we got to wait till friday is over first.

Good luck all 4 teams

29x281
12-03-2003, 06:54 PM
It's a fact of being in the playoffs that coaching staffs have to look ahead to the next week and plan for where they would play IF they won.

Burnet isn't looking past Jasper.

That being said, my sources indicate that Texas Stadium would be agreeable to all involved.

Adidas410s
12-04-2003, 02:01 AM
MonkeyJoe:
because i dont think that burnet will let the game be played at texas stadium since gainesville has already played there and has a "feel for the field"..The feel for the field isnt as important when you are only talking about having played 1 or 2 games there. In 2000, Wylie beat Aledo AND Everman @ Birdville before losing to Gatesville in the finals.

If Wylie OR Gainesville play Burnet, I would bet it would be Waco ISD. I dont think that playoffs are typically played @ Baylor anymore. If Gainesville and Jasper, then Waco or UT. If Wylie and Jasper, Waco, UT, A&M, or Alamodome...hard to pick that one!

lv2937
12-04-2003, 10:43 PM
Adidas410s:

MonkeyJoe:
because i dont think that burnet will let the game be played at texas stadium since gainesville has already played there and has a "feel for the field"..The feel for the field isnt as important when you are only talking about having played 1 or 2 games there. In 2000, Wylie beat Aledo AND Everman @ Birdville before losing to Gatesville in the finals.
heard it from choach shipley tonight at the pep ralley. if we win saturday against jasper , the state final will be at texas stadium. doesnt matter who we play(wylie or gainsville) it will be at 1pm or 8pm.
If Wylie OR Gainesville play Burnet, I would bet it would be Waco ISD. I dont think that playoffs are typically played @ Baylor anymore. If Gainesville and Jasper, then Waco or UT. If Wylie and Jasper, Waco, UT, A&M, or Alamodome...hard to pick that one!

BHS#1
12-04-2003, 10:46 PM
JHS_c/o_06':
Dont look past Jasper. Not a threat, just a suggestion. It hurts worse when you look past a team and then they beat you...trust me...we know.

But...if....and thats a mighty big if, Jasper manages to win, id like us to play at Texas Stadium or UT's field. But thats the future...we got to wait till friday is over first.

Good luck all 4 teamsAren't we playing on Saturday?

kaorder1999
12-04-2003, 11:03 PM
burnet wins

KTJ
12-04-2003, 11:24 PM
Adidas410s:

MonkeyJoe:

If Wylie OR Gainesville play Burnet, I would bet it would be Waco ISD. I dont think that playoffs are typically played @ Baylor anymore. If Gainesville and Jasper, then Waco or UT. If Wylie and Jasper, Waco, UT, A&M, or Alamodome...hard to pick that one!first off--mack won't let high school games be played at ut anymore. i believe the last game played there was the midland lee/aldine eisenhower state final several years ago.

second--i originally stated waco isd for both teams but now am thinking more along the lines of texas stadium, should it be available. wasn't there a rumor last week that burnet/jasper wanted that game at texas stadium? so if they are willing to play at TS for that game, i'm willing to bet they'd play gainesville there, should gainesville (and burnet for that matter) win.