PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood Loses OC

crcope
02-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Jeff Merket announced as new Head FB Coach for Cleburne Yellowjackets.

Old LB
02-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Hadn't heard this one, hate to see him go but hope he does well.

RoyceTTU
02-21-2012, 09:02 AM
It was only a matter of time. Both coordinators are good enough to move on to a better position. We were lucky to keep them this long.

BEAST
02-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Good luck to you Merk.

BEAST

SHSBulldog00
02-21-2012, 09:26 AM
I heard this yesterday but I don't remember who told me? Might have been Stepp

RoyceTTU
02-21-2012, 09:51 AM
I swear I read this or heard this last week or the week before but for the life of me I can't place it. Who knows?

BEAST
02-21-2012, 09:52 AM
I swear I read this or heard this last week or the week before but for the life of me I can't place it. Who knows?

hmmmmm.:thinking:

BEAST

franz
02-21-2012, 09:56 AM
I heard he was going to run the old veer offense. Three or four yards and a cloud of dust. Good luck Jeff

BEAST
02-21-2012, 09:58 AM
I heard he was going to run the old veer offense. Three or four yards and a cloud of dust. Good luck Jeff

That would be a HUGE change for him.

BEAST

Matthew328
02-21-2012, 10:08 AM
I got a text from Coach Merket around lunch time telling me he was going before the board..didnt want to go public til the school board meeting started...congrats to Coach Merket

greendawg84
02-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Something that I did not think about until I read it on another site . District 8 will have new head coaches at , Burnet , Llano , Lampasas , that is half of the District. Wonder how many times that has happend in the past.

Ville-D
02-21-2012, 04:46 PM
That is a lot of change, I wonder if you will have team contend for the Dist. Championship that you didn't expect.

I'm rooting for the top 3 (in no particular order) to be:

BROWNWOOD

GATESVILLE

LIBERTY HILL

That would make me happy.

Something that I did not think about until I read it on another site . District 8 will have new head coaches at , Burnet , Llano , Lampasas , that is half of the District. Wonder how many times that has happend in the past.

RoyceTTU
02-22-2012, 09:01 AM
That is a lot of change, I wonder if you will have team contend for the Dist. Championship that you didn't expect.

BROWNWOOD

GATESVILLE

LIBERTY HILL

So we can put a whoopin on you in the first round?

Ville-D
02-22-2012, 09:09 AM
The schools would sure make a lot money from the gate...

It would be a win-win

So we can put a whoopin on you in the first round?

RoyceTTU
02-22-2012, 09:47 AM
The schools would sure make a lot money from the gate...

It would be a win-win

Yeah, those two towns in the playoffs,,,,wow it'd be huge,,,crazy atmosphere

BEAST
02-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Yeah, those two towns in the playoffs,,,,wow it'd be huge,,,crazy atmosphere

For sure. Where would we play? Comanche?

BEAST

Old LB
02-22-2012, 10:49 AM

BEAST

As long as it is not Dublin, went to SVille in 10 to the Bridgeport/Brownwood game and had a 45 min delay getting through Dublin.

Ville-D
02-22-2012, 10:54 AM
We could play in Proctor, I'll buy the first round.

BEAST

Matthew328
02-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Abilene?

BEAST
02-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Abilene?

More than likely.

BEAST

Sville
02-22-2012, 11:04 AM
As long as it is not Dublin, went to SVille in 10 to the Bridgeport/Brownwood game and had a 45 min delay getting through Dublin.

Now that they sell beer and wine in Sville I try to avoid going through Dublin for that very reason. It is like trying to get through Cresson during the work commute.

Ville-D
02-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Back in 98 they tried to get the state to put a loop around Dublin, but it never happened...

Here is the details from the meeting. The Dublin stuff starts about a fourth of the way down. It is riveting reading.

http://goo.gl/qWKLN

Now that they sell beer and wine in Sville I try to avoid going through Dublin for that very reason. It is like trying to get through Cresson during the work commute.

RoyceTTU
02-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Back in 98 they tried to get the state to put a loop around Dublin, but it never happened...

Here is the details from the meeting. The Dublin stuff starts about a fourth of the way down. It is riveting reading.

http://goo.gl/qWKLN

I skimmed through it. Not very interesting read, LOL, but I do agree with the business owners. Building a loop is erroring on the side of the exception instead of the rule and would be devistating to the local business'. I do have an interest in the dublin community since one of our stores is located on 377. Many business' would have to look long and hard at the viability of that market if there traffic count was cut in half(which is a generous cut).

I can compare two other communities that we really fight an uphill battle because of their location. Stephenville and Brownwood would both be examples of this. If we had accessibly location to 377 in both communities, our sales would increase drastically.

Ville-D
02-22-2012, 01:37 PM
IMO, whether I have to drive through the huge mess or not... I'm not stopping in Dublin. I have no need to, especially since they killed Dublin DP.

I skimmed through it. Not very interesting read, LOL, but I do agree with the business owners. Building a loop is erroring on the side of the exception instead of the rule and would be devistating to the local business'. I do have an interest in the dublin community since one of our stores is located on 377. Many business' would have to look long and hard at the viability of that market if there traffic count was cut in half(which is a generous cut).

I can compare two other communities that we really fight an uphill battle because of their location. Stephenville and Brownwood would both be examples of this. If we had accessibly location to 377 in both communities, our sales would increase drastically.

Matthew328
02-22-2012, 02:06 PM

There's a five team district in 1A where four of the teams will have new coaches next year

hollywood
02-22-2012, 06:05 PM

BROWNWOOD

GATESVILLE

LIBERTY HILL

Those were my picks when I saw the districts announced. ;)

Knowing the changes and all... Stephenville will be hard to beat this season, I can assure you on that, even if they were still in 4A.

hollywood
02-22-2012, 06:07 PM
A Brownwood/Stephenville 1st round would be a classic... maybe Waco ISD would be good.