PDA

View Full Version : UIL Realignment Appeals

Ville-D
02-20-2012, 10:01 AM
When will we know the verdict on all of the appeals? Where is the best place to find details?

The meeting starts at 9am

Meeting Agenda: http://goo.gl/fLjuJ

Thanks

Matthew328
02-20-2012, 01:12 PM
I heard Shallowater lost their appeal

Matthew328
02-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Amarillo Tascosa appeal was denied

bigwood33
02-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Any of them that are looking at being re- districted will be denied.. McKinney ISD will be "the next" to get denied. The Allen and Plano schools being twice as big as them will not get them any sympathy from the UIL. Even IF the UIL were inclined to approve such an appeal, the domino effect would be dramatic and keep it from happening. If you pulled those 2 schools out of that district, you would have to put someone in to replace them as there is no way that the UIL will have a 4 team 5A district.

Ville-D
02-20-2012, 02:15 PM
We just need a 3a or 4a appeal "domino effect" to help us get the elusive week 5 game.

Matthew328
02-20-2012, 02:21 PM
From the sounds of it Rule was the only school to get their appeal granted

SHSBulldog00
02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
from the sounds of it rule was the only school to get their appeal granted

they are the exception to the rule.

toddg
02-20-2012, 02:30 PM
From the sounds of it Rule was the only school to get their appeal granted
a little Art dust in play there...

Old Tiger
We just need a 3a or 4a appeal "domino effect" to help us get the elusive week 5 game.You should schedule the 3ADL Alumni Team.

Old Tiger
they are the exception to the rule.http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/2/24/I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

ccmom
02-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Amarillo Tascosa appeal was denied Surely even the Tascosa peeps didn't expect that appeal to be approved. I guess it was worth a shot, but anyway...

coachc45
02-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Ville-D ---- Or you could've just played John Tyler....LOL

Third
02-20-2012, 03:14 PM
UIL District Assignment Appeals Committee Meeting Results

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, TX— One out of 12 appeals regarding reclassification and realignment were granted Monday by the District Assignment Appeals Committee of the UIL. The committee composed of UIL Legislative Council members heard eight appeals regarding district assignments, three appeals dealing with conference assignments and one appeal regarding division assignment.

The basketball district assignment appeal granted by the Committee was to Brackettville Brackett High School, which will move from 27-1A Division 1 to 28-1A Division 1 in the basketball alignment. They will join Charlotte, La Pryor, Sabinal, San Antonio Gervin and San Antonio Stacey to form a six-team district in basketball.

The Assignment Appeals Committee voted to deny appeals from the following:

? Lockhart

? Barksdale Nueces Canyon

? Shallowater

? Ferris

? Irving North Hills Prep

? Paint Rock (football)

? Paint Rock (basketball)

? McKinney

? McKinney Boyd

? Amarillo Tascosa

? Pollok Central

Ville-D
02-20-2012, 05:35 PM
I'd love to, but I have no control... Is there week 5 still open?

Ville-D ---- Or you could've just played John Tyler....LOL

coachc45
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm just making a point..... Stephenville fans came on here saying how no one would play them so they had Week 2 and 5 open, but Your Coach had the opportunity to play John Tyler on week 5 and wouldn't play. Just tired of hearing how Poor Stephenville can't get anyone to play.

And John Tyler found a game, had to import a team from Mexico.

RoyceTTU
02-21-2012, 10:51 AM
I kinda feel bad for the two McKinney schools.

Ville-D
02-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Do you have all the details on why the Stephenville / JT game did not happen? Were you involved in any way?

I'm just making a point..... Stephenville fans came on here saying how no one would play them so they had Week 2 and 5 open, but Your Coach had the opportunity to play John Tyler on week 5 and wouldn't play. Just tired of hearing how Poor Stephenville can't get anyone to play.

RoyceTTU
02-21-2012, 11:23 AM

Do you have all the details on why the Stephenville / JT game did not happen? Were you involved in any way?

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/this-meme.jpg

Ville-D
02-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Is it dead yet?

I thought we could chat about this till the season starts. You know you are enjoying it.

btw... he started it... :crazy:

coachc45
02-21-2012, 01:47 PM

I do not know what exactly was said in the conversation, but the gist of it is this, John Tyler called and was willing to take the bye week on the 4th and play stephenville home and home week 5. The Stephenville coach said he would think about it. The next morning Stephenville coach calls has says no he didn't want to play.

You can infer what you want.

And I was not directly involved. Stephenville HC and JT HC were involved. I'm just a lowly assistant at JT.

Ville-D
02-21-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm even lower than that... I would have liked to see the game. I'd ask Gillespie what happened but I'm sure he has way more important stuff on his plate than a 3a message board. Obviously it is a slow day for me today.

I do not know what exactly was said in the conversation, but the gist of it is this, John Tyler called and was willing to take the bye week on the 4th and play stephenville home and home week 5. The Stephenville coach said he would think about it. The next morning Stephenville coach calls has says no he didn't want to play.

You can infer what you want.

And I was not directly involved. Stephenville HC and JT HC were involved. I'm just a lowly assistant at JT.

Roughneck93
02-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Amarillo Tascosa appeal was deniedCame across this article while reading a related story on chron.com. It's an interview that UIL executive director Charles Breithaupt gave before appeals were heard and decided. He talks about everything from Tascosa's appeal, realignment, travel distance for schools and adding a potential 6A. Thought it was an interesting read.

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2012-02-18/uil-leader-distance-top-priority

http://blog.chron.com/prepsports/2012/02/uil-could-be-inching-closer-to-a-class-6a/

Matthew328
02-21-2012, 07:04 PM
I've got some HSO's on this deal....this is Amarillo ISD's doing...they can fix it but no one there has the balls to do it