PDA

View Full Version : Liberty 14 Orangefield 10 FINAL

bccards
11-15-2002, 10:46 PM
GREAT GAME Bobcats! Gave Liberty a run for their money!! I certainly wish that the pass would have been completed! Great last drive, Only if there were one more down!! Congrats to the 'Cats on a GREAT Season!!

BigRed01
11-15-2002, 10:56 PM
That was a great game......boy was that a good game.

FBmania
11-15-2002, 11:29 PM
I listened to the last qtr of that game on the radio and man that was a nail biter. Congrats to both teams on a great season!

I attended the Hardin/Coldspring game and what looked like a blow out early turned into a nail biter. Hardin would not give up, but the game should have been over at the half. The Trojans turn the ball over 3 times inside the 20 of Hardin in the 1st half alone. But Hardin couldn't muster much offense. Their defense kept it close for them.

Just curious how did Sauceda do against Liberty? The little of the game that I heard was passing for OF. They move the ball effectively in the air on that last drive.

Congrats to Liberty and Coldsprings, I hope BH can keep it going for 22-3A!!

5inchtaint
11-16-2002, 12:42 AM
good luck to the hill but it was a good game between liberty and orangefield...and i'm glad to see the boys pull it out in the last bit...

josh_sadler
11-16-2002, 12:45 AM
It was a great game. Those last few minutes seemed like eternity. They played hard and fought the whole game. Maybe now we will get a little respect and silence all the critics. Oh, and to all the "fans" in the student section on our side, don't bother even coming to the game next week. All yall did was sit on your ass the whole game up until the last few minutes. No cheering, no nothing. We made it this far without your support, we can keep going without it. So unless you plan to go to the game to support your team, the team nobody thought would even make it to the playoffs, stay home. To all of the other real fans, thanks for the support. We really appreciate it.

josh_sadler
11-16-2002, 12:49 AM
I forgot, to FBmania, we SHUT sauceda down. They said it couldn't be done, but we did it. Can't wait to go see the BH game. Were rootin for ya BH. :D

RBARKER
11-16-2002, 12:59 AM
Great job Liberty I knew you could do it!!! I told all of those 21-3A guys that you had one of the best Defences in our district and you showed it tonight. Hopfully BH can pull off the sweep. Good luck next week.

Brahma73
11-16-2002, 01:08 AM
Sounds like the pregame hype was waranted. Must've been a classic. Bellville held up its end of the bargain, so it's us vs. Liberty. Any body heard anything about the site or date? I know the coaches have already visited.

Congratulations to both teams!

redneckplayer010
11-16-2002, 01:23 AM
i heard the astrodome on friday night being tossed around... and yes, sauceda was shut down and we put an end to the bc mom's hating us i guess... but probably not... go get them bh

5inchtaint
11-16-2002, 02:43 AM
the bodozer showed up in full force and the whole liberty squad was crunk and focused....i'll be there every game yall have supportin yall foos.....

trojandad
11-16-2002, 03:02 AM
Well did I call it or did I call it? A narrow win due to home field. You guys sure pulled it off. I felt like Orangefield was a lot like you guys as far as grinding it out and its easier to stop what you practice against. Way to go Liberty men!

You'll be underdog to Bellville too. If we can take LaGrange, you guys can find a way with Bellville.

Were your ears burnin? A bunch of the BH guys met us for some foot long sausages on a stick with cokes and chewed the fat. Great bunch of guys. They tied me up and threw me behind the dressing room, but I'm ok now. (j/k)

We were talking about BH and CS when one of the BH guys broke off a tiny 3' piece of sausage and said "hey, this reminds me, how is Liberty doing?" (can't BELIEVE I went there) Just yanking with you guys, we were pullin for you. Meet us over at the BH game tomorrow, most of our guys are going after the Newton game. Congrats again.

FBmania
11-16-2002, 10:14 AM
Trojandad, you guys need to get #3 more touches. He is awesome. A friend and I were watching Hardin's #3 return that kick for a td and imediately we looked at each other and said now it's Leodis' turn and he didn't disappoint. Good job Trojans, just protect the ball. Liberty and Coldsprings has made 22-3A PROUD! Now BH has to keep it going. Leave it all on the field Eagles, It's time to soar.

These Saturday games are hard on me. I know those players are ready to rumble. It was strange watching two different teams in Eagle stadium. But enough of this ramblin' on, I am ready for tonight!

LET'S GO EAGLES!!

5inchtaint
11-16-2002, 10:22 AM
the score of this game didn't do justice to how much liberty dominated this game...orangefields td was a fumble return and their offense never put together a good drive...sauceda was about SHUT DOWN...

Lil_Stan_31
11-16-2002, 10:26 AM
GREAT GAME LIBERTY....TO ALL THE UNDERGRADUATES THANKS FOR BEING THERE AND FIGHTIN HARD ALL SEASON....WE'VE REACHED HALF OF THE GOAL AND NOW IT'S TIME TO GO GET THE OTHER HALF....KEEP UP THE HARD WORK....

Lil_Stan_31
11-16-2002, 10:27 AM
THANKS FANS!!!

LP-DB
11-16-2002, 10:30 AM
yes there offense only scored 3 points the other was on a bad pitch that they picked up and scored on..when they picked up that fumble return my first thoughts were BH and my heart sank..but we came together and played a great second half..we shut salsa down ppl didn't think we could do it..we had a hell-of-a defensive performance all night..
Good Luck BH

# 80

FBmania
11-16-2002, 10:42 AM
Good job Panthers!!!

exbccards76'smom
11-16-2002, 10:44 AM
redneckplayer010:
i heard the astrodome on friday night being tossed around... and yes, sauceda was shut down and we put an end to the bc mom's hating us i guess... but probably not... go get them bhCongrats to Liberty, good luck on the rest on the season. I don't know if it was me you were talking about, but I am sorry if I gave thar impression. I didn't mean it.

trojandad
11-16-2002, 11:25 AM
Do I see a Panther team in the 2nd round?!?

LP-DB
11-16-2002, 11:27 AM
Yes you do and we have earned it..

# 80

trojandad
11-16-2002, 11:27 AM
I said DO I SEE A PANTHER TEAM IN THE 2ND ROUND?!?!?

trojandad
11-16-2002, 11:29 AM
Yes you did. GREAT job!

LP-DB
11-16-2002, 11:41 AM
trojanDad..yall and us have held up or end in the bargain of the sweep lets go and support Bh and help them complete it..

Good Luck BH

# 80

AP_OLB_1
11-16-2002, 12:15 PM
Congratulations liberty... yall have shut my mouth... me and a teamate of mine sat and watched the whole game from the liberty side and we were really impressed.. yall shut down sausada and made him fumble and turnover the ball which lead to a key touchdown for liberty. i really thought that orangefield was doin a good job on the pass since i havnt seen them throw that much.. their number 3 can really catch the ball.. great job E moss on carring that ball.. and harvard and A moss did a great job of reading their keys and flying to the football.... good luck next week.. today ill be at the BH and BC game this is gonna be a great one!

L.P #72-BRUNO-
11-16-2002, 02:05 PM
GREAT GAME to all of my Liberty teammates. The defense put a stop to the running of Sauceda *44*. I don't think he wanted to run the ball anymore when the hard HAT started coming his way from the LB's Steven #32* and Andrew #20*, the F.S's lil Stan #31* and G.T #40*, and the defensive lineman- Cook #25*, Capps #52* and Harryman #55*. Then thats when they started passing the ball, then that was shutdown too. There offense only scored 3points on our D. And they really couldnt stop our great O from driving the ball down the field. It was a hell of a game.

AP_OLB_1
11-16-2002, 04:53 PM
yes the defense shut down the run but i wouldnt go as far as to say that the pass was shut down... i think that yall could agree that they were throwing out routes in the flats to Number 3 pretty regularly for first downs. also # 7, 11, and 20 made great catches... i woudl say that is the most i have ever seeen them trow... but it all bowls down to the last series with about 3 to 4 sacks in a row to quiet down OFs charge... great job LP