PDA

View Full Version : Freshman Brooks Marlow from Giddings jacks it twice in 1st game as Longhorn

1st and goal
02-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Plus, it was a rain shortened game. Couldn't script it much better than that. Wonder if he keeps it up, will he secure a starting spot??? I think so. Great job Brooks!

Can't wait to see you bat against Trey Masek playing for Tech...(former teammates).

Old Tiger
02-19-2012, 04:14 AM
Will be interesting what Augie does with the Etier/Marlow battle.

XMan
02-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Not playing football in hs and concentrating on baseball year round looks to have really hurt this kid. NOT!!!!! Great job. Good luck to both Marlowes and all the other 3a exes that are pursuing their college baseball dreams.

hookandladder
02-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Pretty sure I read in the paper he hit one in each game, had 4 RBI's. Football , playing or not playing had nothing to do with Brooks sucess. Brooks work ethic since he was a young kid is what got him where he is today, he could have played football had he choosen to play and it would not have any bearing on where he is at now. Congrats to Brooks, well deserving and keep it up. Hope to see him in Omaha.

XMan
02-19-2012, 08:21 PM
He was hitting in the 3 hole today! Thats pretty awesome.

buff4ever
02-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Pretty sure I read in the paper he hit one in each game, had 4 RBI's. Football , playing or not playing had nothing to do with Brooks sucess. Brooks work ethic since he was a young kid is what got him where he is today, he could have played football had he choosen to play and it would not have any bearing on where he is at now. Congrats to Brooks, well deserving and keep it up. Hope to see him in Omaha.

They were both in the first game.

Old Tiger
02-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Heard is brother isn't playing for A&M anymore, true?

hookandladder
02-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Heard is brother isn't playing for A&M anymore, true?

MCC in Waco.

BaseballUmp
02-20-2012, 10:54 PM
I talked to their older brother Zack on 6th street Saturday night and he said Brooks played decent...it's pretty hard to drop bombs at Disch-Faulk

1st and goal
02-20-2012, 11:22 PM
MCC in Waco.

Not sure what happened at A&M. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told he did not have much of a scholarship ride there. Hope he stays healthy and does good at MCC.

Be_Advised
02-20-2012, 11:45 PM
Heard that Brooks won Big 12 player of the week.

hookandladder
02-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Not sure what happened at A&M. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told he did not have much of a scholarship ride there. Hope he stays healthy and does good at MCC.

If he moves to the mound , I could see him pitching at a D-1 very soon. He has a very live arm and was low 90's as a senior in Giddings, just see him as a closer in college ball. Just my guess.

1st and goal
02-21-2012, 02:14 PM
If he moves to the mound , I could see him pitching at a D-1 very soon. He has a very live arm and was low 90's as a senior in Giddings, just see him as a closer in college ball. Just my guess.

I would like to see this. I think he has it in him if given a chance. Good bat too.

1st and goal
02-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Just read the local newpaper. Said that the entire LH baseball team only hit 17 homers in 68 games last year???? Is that right?

Also, that Brooks got another RBI in the 2nd game which gave him a total of 4 for the day.

Roughneck93
02-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Just read the local newpaper. Said that the entire LH baseball team only hit 17 homers in 68 games last year???? Is that right?Yes sir that is correct. Last in the Big 12 in that category.