PDA

View Full Version : District 8-3A Football

Trashman
02-17-2012, 12:35 PM
So Brownwood ends up in district 8-3A, any of these teams, other than Brownwood have a decent stadium or even have turf?

8-3A Teams:
Brownwood
Burnet
Gatesville
Lampasas
Liberty Hill
Llano.

BEAST
02-17-2012, 12:38 PM
So Brownwood ends up in district 8-3A, any of these teams, other than Brownwood have a decent stadium or even have turf?

8-3A Teams:
Brownwood
Burnet
Gatesville
Lampasas
Liberty Hill
Llano.

I dont think any of them have turf. Could be wrong though. The Burnet stadium isnt bad at all. Gatesville has the mighty hump right down the middle of it. Llano is small. Lamps is horrible with zero parking. LH is a pasture.

BEAST

Trashman
02-17-2012, 12:46 PM
I have been to Lampassas, but it has been years, didn't they build a field at the new HS?

Ville-D
02-17-2012, 12:51 PM
It is not too late to appeal 8-3a and try to get into 7-3a. Better facilities, more rivalry. It would be a Win-Win. Does Brownwood share a football field with HPU? Who owns it if so?

Old LB
02-17-2012, 12:54 PM
I have been to Lampassas, but it has been years, didn't they build a field at the new HS?

Last time I drove through there I think I remember seeing a new stadium at the high school.

Trashman
02-17-2012, 12:57 PM
It is not too late to appeal 8-3a and try to get into 7-3a. Better facilities, more rivalry. It would be a Win-Win. Does Brownwood share a football field with HPU? Who owns it if so?

BISD owns the field and rents it too HPU.

Old LB
02-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Texas Bob shows Burnet at 4950 capacity, the rest are 4000 or below. All show to have grass fields. LH shows capacity of 1500!

Trashman
02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Texas Bob shows Burnet at 4950 capacity, the rest are 4000 or below. All show to have grass fields. LH shows capacity of 1500!

So we are down to playing in big 1A stadiums....I think we only have 2 or 3 home games during the district run of the schedule this year...... Still better than having to drive to Big Spring and Schneider.

ccmom
02-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Pretty sure LH is renovating.

ccmom
02-17-2012, 01:11 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?117022-Dang-Liberty-Hill!!&highlight=Liberty+hill+stadium

Trashman
02-17-2012, 01:17 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?117022-Dang-Liberty-Hill!!&highlight=Liberty+hill+stadium

Very nice!

Ville-D
02-17-2012, 01:20 PM
you can always look the stadiums up here...

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/

Cam
02-17-2012, 01:56 PM

8-3A Teams:
Brownwood
Burnet
Gatesville
Lampasas
Liberty Hill
Llano.

Turf??...who the heck needs turf? My boy hated playin' on it. You will find Burnet's grass turf to be in emaculate condition. The crew does a great job with it. Even last year with the lack of rain we had a thick green field.....Turf?...we don't need no stinkin' turf!....Football should be played on real grass....just sayin'.....

Cam
02-17-2012, 02:04 PM

Yes they did....but we still had to play at the old stadium...not sure why...but I do know the new field doesn't have a pressbox....a money thing maybe??....I don't know....now the stadium just sits there....the peewee teams used it....I'm confused as to what's going on.......maybe someone from Lamp can shed some Lamp light on this.....

BEAST
02-17-2012, 02:12 PM

Opposite from you guys. Brownwood owns ours.

BEAST

Bosqueville
02-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Has the Ville ever had a bond election for a new stadium? Seems like I read on the jackets website a while back that that was the intention.

regaleagle
02-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Well, I lived in the Austin area when I got out of college for about 3 years, before moving to Denton county. Now that my son is graduated, maybe I should move on over to Liberty Hill. It's a nice area to live in. And the high school will be state of the art. How long will they stay in 3a, though? I may be ready for a change. I'm self-employed, so that is not a deciding factor.

Sville
02-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Has the Ville ever had a bond election for a new stadium? Seems like I read on the jackets website a while back that that was the intention.

Two years ago SISD had a consultant group come in and make recommendations for needed upgrades through out the district. The initial proposal included a renovation of the SHS bball gym, indoor practice facility, two new elementary schools, and I think a stadium b/c we pay TSU $88k a year to rent theirs for home varsity and JV games. The price tag was $69 million I believe, but the board decided that the public would never go for a bond that big and reduced it to building two new elementary schools near SHS and Jr High with some other improvements I believe. That one was in the in the upper $30 million range and was sent to vote last year and barely failed. Now they have come up with another bond proposal that would tear down the old elementary campuses and re-build them in their current locations. This bond is in the upper $20 million dollar range. We desperately need the new elementary campuses. I hope this one passes. But there is not much support for any upgrades to the athletic facilities right now in this economy in Sville. Under the right circumstances I feel very confident that we could privately raise the money for some of the needed upgrades of our athletic facilities.

Matthew328
02-17-2012, 05:45 PM
is Liberty Hill's new stadium going to be ready next year?

LH_Tuff
02-17-2012, 06:46 PM
is Liberty Hill's new stadium going to be ready next year?

No. The year after. At least that is my understanding.

LH Panther Mom
02-17-2012, 08:27 PM
There is a field, but it is not used for football games.

FB-fanatic
02-17-2012, 11:58 PM
The "new field" at Lampasas is used for soccer and track. I don't know what the thought was on that. We played them on their old field downtown. Yes parking was crazy, but the field had a real throwback feel to it. No track; your right up on the players. At first I hated it, but kinda grew on me. Can you say "intimate".

SHSBulldog00
02-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Brownwood, Liberty Hill and Lampasas will be the playoff teams just not sure of the order yet.

bwdlionfan
02-18-2012, 03:21 AM
Brownwood, Liberty Hill and Lampasas will be the playoff teams just not sure of the order yet.

What does Lampasas have coming back? Didn't their coach leave?

holcomb2012
02-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Yes they did....but we still had to play at the old stadium...not sure why...but I do know the new field doesn't have a pressbox....a money thing maybe??....I don't know....now the stadium just sits there....the peewee teams used it....I'm confused as to what's going on.......maybe someone from Lamp can shed some Lamp light on this.....

The new field is used for football practice, soccer, youth games, etc. I do not think it was originally designed to be used as a new playing field for football.