PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 D1 Favorites

Sville
02-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Let me hear yalls opinions on who will be the top 3 or 4 teams that will represent region 2 in the D1 semis next year.

icu812
02-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Not sure who comes out of districts 9-12 but I'll take Paris out of 13, Wills Point out of 14, Athens out of 15 and Kilgore out of 16. I would think Kilgore would the the top team out of those four teams. Honestly, to me, other than Kilgore no other teams seem like obvious favorites to make a deep run. I'll admitt I dont know much about the D1 teams in D9,10 & 11 but I doubt anybody goes anywhere in D12.

D2 is different its easy to pick out a half dozen very good teams in Reg.2.

regaleagle
02-17-2012, 03:58 PM
In District 9, I believe you will be looking at Decatur. In 10, it could be Argyle if Aubrey makes the playoffs, if Aubrey doesn't, it will be Carrollton Ranchview. In District 11, I have no idea(Princeton?). In District 12, I think you will see Wilmer Hutchins as the DI rep. District 16 has no team that is favored. Kilgore, Chapel Hill, and Henderson are all large enough to be the D1 rep, but we don't know how that district will shake out. Any one of them could be the D1 rep.

regaleagle
02-17-2012, 04:07 PM
At this early juncture, I would say there is no clear favorite out of Region 2 for the DI representative. You may say that the District 16 rep will be the favorite, but I won't. Their predistrict schedule will easier than their district schedule, which is brutal. That could take its toll on those teams. Paris looks to be good, but maybe it will be someone like a Wilmer Hutchins, or maybe Argyle emerges as the D1 out of District 9. I wouldn't discount Argyle ever.

Sville
02-17-2012, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't discount Argyle ever.

What do the Eagles have coming back? Didn't yall lose a real good QB?

regaleagle
02-17-2012, 04:14 PM
And then let's not forget Decatur over in District 9. You just can bet they will be competitive. In that district, you have Bridgeport, Sanger, Decatur, Gainesville, Krum, and Pilot Point??? Decatur is the largest by enrollment, and I think they will show themselves to be the D1 rep. Gainesville is too small, and Sanger would be the next largest. You concievably have 5 schools here battling for 3 playoff spots in this district, but I still think it will be Decatur for the D1 slot.

regaleagle
02-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Yes, Aune is gone. But we are reloading with Sadler. He's played qb at the Jr. High and Fresh. levels. He's our super soph. Mr. Everything that tore his ACL in the second series of the Championship game, the best athelete on the field without a doubt, and the best athelete Argyle has ever had. We have so many players that are ready to step up into those vacant starting roles that saw lots of action last year from the bench, it will be a fight in fall practices to see who gets what positions. Then there's our JVers that are coming up, and we had a successful campaign there. We are small in enrollment, but deep in participation with our boys.

icu812
02-17-2012, 04:37 PM
In District 9, I believe you will be looking at Decatur. In 10, it could be Argyle if Aubrey makes the playoffs, if Aubrey doesn't, it will be Carrollton Ranchview. In District 11, I have no idea(Princeton?). In District 12, I think you will see Wilmer Hutchins as the DI rep. District 16 has no team that is favored. Kilgore, Chapel Hill, and Henderson are all large enough to be the D1 rep, but we don't know how that district will shake out. Any one of them could be the D1 rep.

I agree District 16 has no team that is favored to win the district. However, I would be shocked if Kilgore doesn't make the playoffs and they are the largest team in the district. I don't see how Chapel Hill graduates 12 college football players, reloads and beats Gilmer or Kilgore. Could happen I suppose but that would be impressive.

regaleagle
02-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Remember, they have that qb coming over from Jacksonvile. And they have alot of boys. They can reload, like Argyle does with only 620 enrollment. And they have played lots of ball in the last 3 years with the playoff runs. This makes your younger players more experienced, even though many of them were not the starters last year. Chapel Hill will not be in a 'rebuilding' mode. And besides, they will be forced to play well with the district they are in now. And they actually picked up some students, enrollment-wise. This means they should be deeper with kids competing for spots. And with their recent success, I don't see a let up in participation.

Gone Fishing
02-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Yes, Aune is gone. But we are reloading with Sadler. He's played qb at the Jr. High and Fresh. levels. He's our super soph. Mr. Everything that tore his ACL in the second series of the Championship game, the best athelete on the field without a doubt, and the best athelete Argyle has ever had. We have so many players that are ready to step up into those vacant starting roles that saw lots of action last year from the bench, it will be a fight in fall practices to see who gets what positions. Then there's our JVers that are coming up, and we had a successful campaign there. We are small in enrollment, but deep in participation with our boys.

That sounds just like Wimberley, maybe we should play each other again....

Tejastrue
02-17-2012, 10:38 PM
That sounds just like Wimberley, maybe we should play each other again....

Not sure if they could hang GF.....

MGAR
02-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Remember, they have that qb coming over from Jacksonvile. And they have alot of boys. They can reload, like Argyle does with only 620 enrollment. And they have played lots of ball in the last 3 years with the playoff runs. This makes your younger players more experienced, even though many of them were not the starters last year. Chapel Hill will not be in a 'rebuilding' mode. And besides, they will be forced to play well with the district they are in now. And they actually picked up some students, enrollment-wise. This means they should be deeper with kids competing for spots. And with their recent success, I don't see a let up in participation.

Chapel Hill WILL be in rebuilding mode.