PDA

View Full Version : New kid on the block(The Ville and Lamarque)

Pages : [1] 2

cowboyandchrist
02-15-2012, 07:14 PM
We East Texas football fans need some of you Ville fans or Lamarque fans tell us how you are going to walk through 3a. Two years ago, we had the Rocket from Brownwood and last year we had Alvarado. I had more fun when Rocket was talking smack than I can rememberand, last year there were many from Alvarado that could really get with the program. Bottom line is it makes this board much more fun and interesting when you have a great team's fan or fans talk about the wipping everybody is going to get when they play. Plus we get to hear a lot bout some of the players, size, speed, and ect. God Blesss and may the smack begin. Heck I will start with my Carthage Dawgs, I believe they will be in the hunt for a championship this year with 17 starters coming back.

Matthew328
02-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Some drop downs do really well...most dont

Leopard4Life
02-15-2012, 07:53 PM
We East Texas football fans need some of you Ville fans or Lamarque fans tell us how you are going to walk through 3a. Two years ago, we had the Rocket from Brownwood and last year we had Alvarado. I had more fun when Rocket was talking smack than I can rememberand, last year there were many from Alvarado that could really get with the program. Bottom line is it makes this board much more fun and interesting when you have a great team's fan or fans talk about the wipping everybody is going to get when they play. Plus we get to hear a lot bout some of the players, size, speed, and ect. God Blesss and may the smack begin. Heck I will start with my Carthage Dawgs, I believe they will be in the hunt for a championship this year with 17 starters coming back.

Hopefully they will be talking about the whipping, however depending on how you look at it, wipping could apply...

83Indian
02-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Okay Cowboy. 7 3A will claim more titles and go further in the playoffs than the district of doom. So get ready!

Lion70
02-15-2012, 09:21 PM
2009 4A 5-5 Henderson
2010 3A 13-2 Henderson Divison 1 State Champions

MGAR
02-15-2012, 11:40 PM
2009 4A 5-5 Henderson
2010 3A 13-2 Henderson Divison 1 State Champions

Cool story bro.

MGAR
02-15-2012, 11:43 PM

Carthage should just skip 3A and head straight to New Orleans to get ready for the super bowl.

SHSBulldog00
02-15-2012, 11:45 PM
There aren't any posters from La Marque cause internet services are afraid they will look like this

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3036/manvelcoach.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/manvelcoach.jpg/)

Ville-D
02-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Okay Cowboy. 7 3A will claim more titles and go further in the playoffs than the district of doom. So get ready!

:iagree:

Matthew328
02-16-2012, 12:14 AM

Tap on those breaks just a tad..

Ville-D
02-16-2012, 12:16 AM
CandA is that a 3a set of returning starters? You count both way starters twice?

GrTigers6
02-16-2012, 05:34 AM
Okay Cowboy. 7 3A will claim more titles and go further in the playoffs than the district of doom. So get ready!:clap::2thumbsup
Now thats some real smack talk. Gotta Love it. Its definetly going to be a fun year! I might as well say that I wont say which team we will knock off but we wont be third place!:taunt: Oh and this is the year we beat China Spring! :D

Lion70
02-16-2012, 06:55 AM
jealous mgar , I know lol

waterboy
02-16-2012, 09:52 AM
You do know that Carthage is not in the "District of Doom", don't you? They escaped the D of D, and landed in a cupcake district. They also moved out of Region 2 into Region 3. Talk about luck!

You could be right about 7-3A, but we'll just have to see. There's a lot of youth in District 16, but I can guarantee you they will be in the mix.

Does 2010 ring a bell?:stirpot:

hollywood
02-16-2012, 10:03 AM
If Brownwood doesn't win Dist 8, it'll be a shocker!

Sville
02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
If Brownwood doesn't win Dist 8, it'll be a shocker!

Sorry Lampasas and Burnet fans but I really hope Bwood goes D1. So this year we can kick their arse in the playoffs! Then their game of DUCK, DUCK, goose will be over in the 1st round.

I am gonna ease my way into it CC, but that is a good start.

BEAST
02-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Sorry Lampasas and Burnet fans but I really hope Bwood goes D1. So this year we can kick their arse in the playoffs! Then their game of DUCK, DUCK, goose will be over in the 1st round.

I am gonna ease my way into it CC, but that is a good start.

Wasnt any ducking involved. Shipley never acted like he was going to play yall. Especially after yall left us hanging.

BEAST

83Indian
02-16-2012, 01:42 PM
You do know that Carthage is not in the "District of Doom", don't you? They escaped the D of D, and landed in a cupcake district. They also moved out of Region 2 into Region 3. Talk about luck!

You could be right about 7-3A, but we'll just have to see. There's a lot of youth in District 16, but I can guarantee you they will be in the mix.

Does 2010 ring a bell?:stirpot:

Yes, I knew that but thanks for pointing out. So I'll just go ahead and include all of East Texas in my prediction

MGAR
02-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Yes, I knew that but thanks for pointing out. So I'll just go ahead and include all of East Texas in my prediction

Smart man

or woman.

waterboy
02-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Okay, I will tell you that District 7 will not get any state championships in the next two years. How about that?:stirpot:

GrTigers6
02-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Okay, I will tell you that District 7 will not get any state championships in the next two years. How about that?:stirpot:Sure they will, 2- Division I and Division II.:D :taunt::1popcorn:

Sville
02-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Wasnt any ducking involved. Shipley never acted like he was going to play yall. Especially after yall left us hanging.
BEAST

Excuses I say. We know the real reason, the Puttykats in Brown County are skeered!!!

BEAST
02-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Excuses I say. We know the real reason, the Puttykats in Brown County are skeered!!!

Say all you want. We are not scared of the dirt daubers. 49-16. And that was being nice and you know it.

BEAST

waterboy
02-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Sure they will, 2- Division I and Division II :taunt::1popcorn:
In what? 2A? :D The road to the championship will go through East Texas once again, and District 7 will choke.:taunt::stirpot::1popcorn:

GrTigers6
02-16-2012, 05:02 PM
In what? 2A? :D The road to the championship will go through East Texas once again, and District 7 will choke.:taunt::stirpot::1popcorn:District 7 will choke out the Teams from the east.
Sorry im exhausted and thats all I got today!:D

jason
02-16-2012, 05:06 PM
District 7 will choke out the Teams from the east.
Sorry im exhausted and thats all I got today!:D

you can't keep saying district 7 will do anything...
stephenville and alvarado look like they are set up to make some noise but nobody else has a shot to make it past the area round...

Sville
02-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Stephenville will be the Chuck Norris of 3A Football. You all will bow at our dominance. Heck TCH, Henderson, & Carthage all former 4A teams from the so called tuffy east Texas area were not good 4A teams just imagine what a good one is gonna do. I have already made my reservations for San Antonio.

Put that down in your Big Chief Tablet.

LIONS#1
02-16-2012, 05:19 PM
I guess it is normal to cancel games at the last minute in duh'ville:1popcorn: To bad that 49-16 (Could have been 60 easy ....:1popcorn:but our coach is cool and that is why we Love coach Shipley!!) embarrassment we gave to your mighty Ranked 4A team in 2010 exposed yellerjacket weakness to Aledo. They capitalized upon it......Kinda like they did this year...LOL
The classlessness of the 66-0 score from a Ranked 4a team on an unranked 3a Lion team this year...well that speaks volumes about integrity and fair play!! LMAO...but we have come to expect that from jacket nation!

waterboy
02-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Stephenville will be the Chuck Norris of 3A Football. You all will bow at our dominance. Heck TCH, Henderson, & Carthage all former 4A teams from the so called tuffy east Texas area were not good 4A teams just imagine what a good one is gonna do. I have already made my reservations for San Antonio.

Can I borrow a crayon? Bwahahahaha.... An "orange" one, please, 'cause everybody knows Stephenville will bow at the greatness of East Texas football. They will be humbled.:taunt: If Stephenville is the "Chuck Norris" of 3A football, East Texas is the "Bruce Lee" of 3A football.....:thumbsup: Reference the last fight in the movie "Return of the Dragon" and you'll know what I mean.:stirpot::taunt::2thumbsup

Lion70
02-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Henderson was allright but don't forget about kilgore. I think your in for a big suprise . A playoff loss lol! To who that TBD! Money on a East Texas team!!!!

Stephenville will not be a typical team that drops to 3A and does nothing with it. Sit back and get ready it's time for some hard fought games. Not going to predict a State Championship the players will take care of that.

Sville
02-16-2012, 06:00 PM
The Jackets are coming 3A right at you!

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/ahycb/BriceGunter.jpg

cowboyandchrist
02-16-2012, 06:28 PM
CandA is that a 3a set of returning starters? You count both way starters twice?
No sir, that is 9 sophmores and 8 juniors coming back for the Dawgs. Gona be some fun football from East Texas this year not only from Carthage, but Gilmer, Henderson, Chapell Hill, and Kilgore. I still say the championship goes through East Texas.

Ville-D
02-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Solid logic and a flawless argument. :clap: :iagree:

Ville-D
02-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Too bad that unranked bwood wont get to play THE top ranked Stephenville team this year. It might be even "classless-er" than last year.

"We absolutely will not play Stephenville next year because they didn't play a 7th grade game against us last year." (not because the will give us another shellacking)... I guess that is the reasoning you Lion fans are happy with. I'd be embarrassed if I were a Lion fan.

I guess it is normal to cancel games at the last minute in duh'ville:1popcorn: To bad that 49-16 (Could have been 60 easy ....:1popcorn:but our coach is cool and that is why we Love coach Shipley!!) embarrassment we gave to your mighty Ranked 4A team in 2010 exposed yellerjacket weakness to Aledo. They capitalized upon it......Kinda like they did this year...LOL
The classlessness of the 66-0 score from a Ranked 4a team on an unranked 3a Lion team this year...well that speaks volumes about integrity and fair play!! LMAO...but we have come to expect that from jacket nation!

Ville-D
02-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Too soon.... RIP Bruce Lee

Can I borrow a crayon? Bwahahahaha.... An "orange" one, please, 'cause everybody knows Stephenville will bow at the greatness of East Texas football. They will be humbled.:taunt: If Stephenville is the "Chuck Norris" of 3A football, East Texas is the "Bruce Lee" of 3A football.....:thumbsup: Reference the last fight in the movie "Return of the Dragon" and you'll know what I mean.:stirpot::taunt::2thumbsup

Emerson1
02-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Sville needs an ass whipping early on. It's the mind set among teenagers that think since they were 4A last year that they will roll through 3A. Their coach needs to make them watch the tape from Brownwood a couple of years ago.

Ville-D
02-16-2012, 08:54 PM
They will probably get a wake-up call in pre-district. It is a pretty tough schedule.

Sville needs an ass whipping early on. It's the mind set among teenagers that think since they were 4A last year that they will roll through 3A. Their coach needs to make them watch the tape from Brownwood a couple of years ago.

Ville-D
02-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Wow, all 17 were starters? How many sub-varsity teams did you put on the field last year?

No sir, that is 9 sophmores and 8 juniors coming back for the Dawgs. Gona be some fun football from East Texas this year not only from Carthage, but Gilmer, Henderson, Chapell Hill, and Kilgore. I still say the championship goes through East Texas.

Manso/V8
02-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Stephenville posters sound like city folk that move to the country and think they are all smart and stuff and try to tell the country folk what to do and how to do it and then find out that the country folk are just as smart and maybe smarter than them, and then tuck their tails and go back to the city and hang out with their old friends. Just sayin.....

Ville-D
02-16-2012, 09:36 PM
I take it you haven't been to Stephenville.

Stephenville posters sound like city folk that move to the country and think they are all smart and stuff and try to tell the country folk what to do and how to do it and then find out that the country folk are just as smart and maybe smarter than them, and then tuck their tails and go back to the city and hang out with their old friends. Just sayin.....

Matthew328
02-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Wow, all 17 were starters? How many sub-varsity teams did you put on the field last year?

Carthage is gonna be LOADED..top five for sure

Ville-D
02-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Glad to see Matt talking up Carthage. Last time we had a Matt talk us up it didn't turn out so well... Could you just add to your Carthage post that Stephenville has no heart? :twitch:

Carthage is gonna be LOADED..top five for sure

Matthew328
02-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Wrong Matt

Ville-D
02-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Said "a Matt"

I know who you are.

Wrong Matt

Matthew328
02-16-2012, 11:37 PM
you did say a Matt....swing and a miss for me

Ville-D
02-16-2012, 11:39 PM
No problem... I just don't want to hear either of you ever pulling for Stephenville. (at least not publicly)

you did say a Matt....swing and a miss for me

GrTigers6
02-17-2012, 05:43 AM
you can't keep saying district 7 will do anything...
stephenville and alvarado look like they are set up to make some noise but nobody else has a shot to make it past the area round...Come on Jason I'm just stiring the pot! I no longer have a dog in the fight!

There is only one thing we are going to show the country folk. Has nothing to do with being smarter or anything of that nature. When we take the field who ever we play had better be ready to play. We may not roll through pre-season and we might dominate.
Stephenville is a big country town with big country boys. Who will light you up every play. There will be some hard hits and some crazy (can fans). 3A is about to find out there is a new sherrif in town and his name is VILLE. Come get ya some if you think you can handle it.

3afan
02-17-2012, 08:17 AM
There is only one thing we are going to show the country folk. Has nothing to do with being smarter or anything of that nature. When we take the field who ever we play had better be ready to play. We may not roll through pre-season and we might dominate.
Stephenville is a big country town with big country boys. Who will light you up every play. There will be some hard hits and some crazy (can fans). 3A is about to find out there is a new sherrif in town and his name is VILLE. Come get ya some if you think you can handle it.

LOL rook

cowboyandchrist
02-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Carthage started 9 sophmores last year.Q/B, RB, O-line, D-line, linebacker, WC, CB, and K. There were 8 juniors. They took Arygle to 2 over times in the playoffs. They will be a hand full for any team they face. Throw in the best coach in high school football and that is a pretty good combination to have. Looking forward to a fun year, I wish the Dawgs were still in the District of Doom. That district will be a slobber knocker every week. The teams that come out healthly will be a big time player for the championship.

Ville-D
02-17-2012, 09:36 AM
How many JV & Freshman teams did y'all have?

Carthage started 9 sophmores last year.Q/B, RB, O-line, D-line, linebacker, WC, CB, and K. There were 8 juniors. They took Arygle to 2 over times in the playoffs. They will be a hand full for any team they face. Throw in the best coach in high school football and that is a pretty good combination to have. Looking forward to a fun year, I wish the Dawgs were still in the District of Doom. That district will be a slobber knocker every week. The teams that come out healthly will be a big time player for the championship.

Gone Fishing
02-17-2012, 10:10 AM

I think coach Nelms at Wimberley and several of his main asst coaches ( that could easily be head coaches) are the best. But to say in writing " the best coach in High School." ?? Do you mean in your district or region or state or US or the World? Im' sure ya'll will be good. Wimberley had 8 and 7 returning starters last year and they won state. But also had 9 jrs and sophs receiving 1st team all district, meaning sometime the returning starter thing doesnt mean that much. (except for the super star returners)

Matthew328
02-17-2012, 10:39 AM
How many JV & Freshman teams did y'all have?

Looks like Carthage has one JV and one freshman team

Sville
02-17-2012, 11:13 AM

Very well could happen in non-district. Playing against a Monterrey Tec team that has shown in the past it can play with good TX programs, then the 3 time 4A D2 State champs Aledo, followed by 4A Ozen who DCTF said they could be good this year (2011) but great in (2012) with all the youth they have starting. Then we take on a La Vega team that I hear is suppose to be good in 2012, and finally we end ND with 4A Amarillo High who was an 8-4, 5A playoff team this past year. I would not be surprised if one of these teams serves us a slice of humble pie. After that I believe we will be the favorites to win region 1. Once you get to the final 4 anything can happen as the comp is stout and the coaching is good

Ville-D
02-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Is there another 3a team with a tougher schedule for the first 5 games? :evil::tisk:

Very well could happen in non-district. Playing against a Monterrey Tec team that has shown in the past it can play with good TX programs, then the 3 time 4A D2 State champs Aledo, followed by 4A Ozen who DCTF said they could be good this year (2011) but great in (2012) with all the youth they have starting. Then we take on a La Vega team that I hear is suppose to be good in 2012, and finally we end ND with 4A Amarillo High who was an 8-4, 5A playoff team this past year. I would not be surprised if one of these teams serves us a slice of humble pie. After that I believe we will be the favorites to win region 1. Once you get to the final 4 anything can happen as the comp is stout and the coaching is good

Old LB
02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Is there another 3a team with a tougher schedule for the first 5 games? :evil::tisk:

Sometimes that comes back to bite ya. Hope you guys stay healthy through those games, wouldn't want ya'll to have any excuses. :)

Ville-D
02-17-2012, 01:29 PM
I never want to see any kids get hurt, but we've played through injuries in the past. It is part of the game. Depth is good... It is nice to have 2 JV and 2 Freshman teams behind our Varsity boys.

Lost our starting QB week 0 last year and RB week 3 and did OK...

Sometimes that comes back to bite ya. Hope you guys stay healthy through those games, wouldn't want ya'll to have any excuses. :)

Ville-D
02-17-2012, 02:28 PM
You are right - no kid has ever gotten hurt playing a weaker teams in the preseason.

Old LB
02-17-2012, 03:02 PM
You are right - no kid has ever gotten hurt playing a weaker teams in the preseason.

Guess you can get hurt getting outta bed in the morning, just sayin I have seen good teams get beat up in non-district trying to play bigger schools.

LOL rook

You must be LOL at your schools pathetic record last year. Or maybe your picture don't know which one is worse. Get a dictionary and a leg to stand on before you laugh out loud or maybe your child taught you that. Rook has 4 definitions in dictionary and unless you mean first year professional athlete you are a short on words and prob that's not the only thing that's short.

ccmom
02-17-2012, 03:23 PM
You must be LOL at your schools pathetic record last year. Or maybe your picture don't know which one is worse. Get a dictionary and a leg to stand on before you laugh out loud or maybe your child taught you that. Rook has 4 definitions in dictionary and unless you mean first year professional athlete you are a short on words and prob that's not the only thing that's short.

Well, I'd say somebody struck a nerve...

jason
02-17-2012, 03:27 PM

lol - wow

RoyceTTU
02-17-2012, 03:33 PM
ville = bigcountry

AP Panther Fan
02-17-2012, 04:03 PM

:dispntd:

Matthew328
02-17-2012, 04:05 PM
The internet is fun

Sville
02-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Just wait it will get real interesting if Texas Wild Hog finds this site.

AP Panther Fan
02-17-2012, 04:18 PM
The internet is fun

yep...everytime I hear anyone refer to their town as "the ville" or "the wood" I get a sudden gag reflex.

BEAST
02-17-2012, 04:18 PM

Where is OJD?

BEAST

Cam
02-17-2012, 04:38 PM

i usually shoot wild hogs......

Cam
02-17-2012, 04:39 PM

Man's ultimate insult:....a short penis accusation!!...lol.....ya'll pendejos have a nice weekend.......

RoyceTTU
02-17-2012, 04:40 PM
yep...everytime "the wood" I get a sudden gag reflex.

:eek:

GrTigers6
02-17-2012, 04:45 PM
yep...everytime I hear anyone refer to their town as "the ville" or "the wood" I get a sudden gag reflex.You might want to rethink that comment, LOL

Ville-D
02-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Maybe they swing that way in AP

You might want to rethink that comment, LOL

RoyceTTU
02-17-2012, 04:58 PM
You might want to rethink that comment, LOL

Too late......

ccmom
02-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Maybe they swing that way in AP

I'm sure her husband has no problem with her swing...and I assume you meant golf.

Old Green
02-17-2012, 05:06 PM
This is quite an interesting thread and we have 8 months to go before season.:cheerl:

AP Panther Fan
02-17-2012, 05:29 PM
This is quite an interesting thread and we have 8 months to go before season.:cheerl:

Might be a busy 8 months for you...:ack!:

Ville-D
02-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Is it August yet? I think we have 196 days till game 1... lets all count it down.

Or 6 months, 14 days
Or 16,934,400 seconds
Or 282,240 minutes
Or 4704 hours
Or 28 weeks

Roughneck93
02-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Not a good start for the Coogs in 3A. UIL has placed all La Marque sports programs on probation for two years. Think we all knew this was coming.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/293810

Matthew328
02-17-2012, 07:59 PM
doesn't mean too much honestly

Sweetwater Red
02-17-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm sure her husband has no problem with her swing...and I assume you meant golf.

Nice job.

And it looks like Ville isn't the only rook.

Roughneck93
02-17-2012, 08:34 PM
doesn't mean too much honestlyTrue. Wasn't expecting anything more than probation. Pretty much the norm.

Emerson1
02-17-2012, 08:48 PM
ville = bigcountry

Ville is probably a cowboy frat boy. Wears boots and a Hurley hat and thinks he's a badass country boy.

MGAR
02-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Looks like Carthage has one JV and one freshman team

Tatum has two freshman and two JVs..

:cheerl:

Sville
02-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Ville is probably a cowboy frat boy. Wears boots and a Hurley hat and thinks he's a badass country boy.

{sarcasm}Dang I had you pegged as a Tommy Tarleton, Dodge Diesel pickup with stacks driving, squared toe boot wearin, TSU Plowboy alumni.

regaleagle
02-17-2012, 11:59 PM
If you combined the Carthage Bulldawgs with the Stephenville Yellowjackets, would your team be called the Village Yellowdawgs????:ack!:

You see us coming' and you all together run for cover.
We're taking over this town.

ccmom
02-18-2012, 12:05 AM
We're taking over this town. :rolleyes: Please someone make it stop!!!!!!!

Sville
02-18-2012, 12:13 AM
:rolleyes: Please someone make it stop!!!!!!!

"All right, 3A... you called down the thunder, well now you've got it!"

Ville-D
02-18-2012, 12:13 AM
This thread will never die...

:rolleyes: Please someone make it stop!!!!!!!

Ville-D
02-18-2012, 12:15 AM
We just need one Lamarque'ean (is that what you'd call them?) to chime in.

After getting beat 3 times by Stephenville in State Championship games there isn't much they can say.
What are they gonna say except those cowboys kicked our butts. They witnessed our fans "the best in the state of Texas"
Hope to see them again one day down the road.

toddg
02-18-2012, 01:09 AM
After getting beat 3 times by Stephenville in State Championship games there isn't much they can say.
What are they gonna say except those cowboys kicked our butts. They witnessed our fans "the best in the state of Texas"
Hope to see them again one day down the road.

“It shouldn’t affect us because we have a zero-tolerance policy for fighting, so anyone prone to fight will not be a La Marque Cougar,” Jackson said. “Our kids will have to learn to solve problems through critical thinking instead of acting physically.”

doesnt look like they will be able to field a team, if the coach really stands behind his words...

SHSBulldog00
02-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Probation at the high school level is a joke.......that's like telling a hooker she can't work on a certain corner cause another pimp took control of that turf.

SHSBulldog00
02-18-2012, 01:31 AM
We just need one Lamarque'ean (is that what you'd call them?) to chime in.

You did see me previous post on this right?

There aren't any posters from La Marque cause internet services are afraid they will look like this

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3036/manvelcoach.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/manvelcoach.jpg/)

SHSBulldog00
02-18-2012, 01:39 AM
We're taking over this town.

"All right, 3A... you called down the thunder, well now you've got it!"

Not to belittle you new Stephenville guys, but 3A is not 4A. It is the most competitive Class in the state every year. Now you may steamroll through district (No offense District 7) but you will be tested in the playoffs. Until the Yellowjacket's crush everyone in their path they will just be the Stephenville Canthackit's!!!!:stirpot:

toddg
02-18-2012, 02:12 AM
Not to belittle you new Stephenville guys, but 3A is not 4A. It is the most competitive Class in the state every year. Now you may steamroll through district (No offense District 7) but you will be tested in the playoffs. Until the Yellowjacket's crush everyone in their path they will just be the Stephenville Canthackit's!!!!:stirpot:

there's a speed bump called Alvarado in district 7...they will be tested..but you wont see us calling Stephenville the "canthackit's"..and to say 4a is not as competitive as compared to 3a is just silly..but, by all means, stir that pot.

SHSBulldog00
02-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Alvarado will give them a challenge and the competitive comment is subject to opinion. I just want them to know that it won't be a cakewalk and we are not going to let them think otherwise.

We will blow Alvarado out of the water. My guess is at least by 3 touchdowns. And thats being nice. The rest of district by 50 plus!!! probably more. And 3A isn't as competitive as 4A. (maybe in east texas)
Have you lost your mind? Not saying 3A isn't full of talent. But 4A isn't as talented as 5A. And so on and so on. We've played them all at one point or another and you guys are in for a handful. Depth is the difference maker. We don't have the most talented players in the state. But we got the most talented and deepest team in 3A. Can we beat a great 4A team? Yes. Can we beat a great 5A team? Yes sometimes.
Have done it. Why do you think they wont play Us? Depth and special teams make the difference. There are teams with faster kids in East Texas and some other schools. But play after play hit after hit we keep after it. Being a large 3A school is now an opportunity we intend on taking advantage of.

toddg
02-18-2012, 07:11 AM
We will blow Alvarado out of the water. My guess is at least by 3 touchdowns. And thats being nice. The rest of district by 50 plus!!! probably more. And 3A isn't as competitive as 4A. (maybe in east texas)
Have you lost your mind? Not saying 3A isn't full of talent. But 4A isn't as talented as 5A. And so on and so on. We've played them all at one point or another and you guys are in for a handful. Depth is the difference maker. We don't have the most talented players in the state. But we got the most talented and deepest team in 3A. Can we beat a great 4A team? Yes. Can we beat a great 5A team? Yes sometimes.
Have done it. Why do you think they wont play Us? Depth and special teams make the difference. There are teams with faster kids in East Texas and some other schools. But play after play hit after hit we keep after it. Being a large 3A school is now an opportunity we intend on taking advantage of.

what great 5a team have you beaten? and i agree you have beaten great 4a teams..in preseason, i know i was there..and i was there to see that same team outplay you in every facet and hang you with a big fat goose egg in the playoffs...and on what basis do you see a blow out against Alvarado?...i like Stephenville, but your last state champ calibur team was in 2005 in 4a and they fell short in the semi's.....and what GREAT 5a team has Stephenville beaten?

jason
02-18-2012, 08:17 AM
what great 5a team have you beaten? and i agree you have beaten great 4a teams..in preseason, i know i was there..and i was there to see that same team outplay you in every facet and hang you with a big fat goose egg in the playoffs...and on what basis do you see a blow out against Alvarado?...i like Stephenville, but your last state champ calibur team was in 2005 in 4a and they fell short in the semi's.....and what GREAT 5a team has Stephenville beaten?they beat mesquite horn last year, they were by no means GREAT, but that was just of an impressive win, if not more so, than the win vs aledo...

only the die hard homers think stephenville will route every 3a team they play next year, most of us are realists and realize it isn't a cakewalk, that there are some good team...

just like two years ago when stephenville made it to the regional finals but got blown out by brownwood earlier in the season...

every village has one, 'ville' is making a good case to be stephenville's....

Mesquite Horn 28-20 was the last team in 5A I remember beating I believe. We also played Lewisville Hebron and lost due to lack of depth. (when a game changing player goes down it hurts schools with smaller numbers) bigger schools have plenty of fresh players who are ready and more than able.
We also beat Killeen the same season who will now be 5A.
However I think you missed my point. A good example is Waco Midway now going 5A. Gave us more than we could handle because of depth and talent pool to choose from.
I could go on and on but I think you get my point. Larger schools have an advantage no question. Stephenville can play with any school and be competitive no matter the size. Why do you think we had such a hard time finding games?
Your enrollment is about the same as ours and that's why I said we only beat you by 3 touchdowns. We will play with anyone the question is who will play with us?
I'm sure Cody will give you more details on our history playing large schools if you still need more information he keeps everything on his website from day 1.

toddg
02-18-2012, 08:33 AM
they beat mesquite horn last year, they were by no means GREAT, but that was just of an impressive win, if not more so, than the win vs aledo...

come on now Jason...M.Horn was at most an average 5a...at 4-7 maybe below avg. last year Aledo hangs half a hundred on horn...and you cant count a win after a big loss to the same team in the playoffs as impressive:wave:

GrTigers6
02-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Mesquite Horn 28-20 was the last team in 5A I remember beating I believe. We also played Lewisville Hebron and lost due to lack of depth. (when a game changing player goes down it hurts schools with smaller numbers) bigger schools have plenty of fresh players who are ready and more than able.
However I think you missed my point. A good example is Waco Midway now going 5A. Gave us more than we could handle because of depth and talent pool to choose from.
I could go on and on but I think you get my point. Larger schools have an advantage no question. Stephenville can play with any school and be competitive no matter the size. Why do you think we had such a hard time finding games?
Your enrollment is about the same as ours and that's why I said we only beat you by 3 touchdowns. We will play with anyone the question is who will play with us?
I'm sure Cody will give you more details on our history playing large schools if you still need more information he keeps everything on his website from day 1.Yeah yall really showed how you can compete in your last game of last year. What a major disapointment!

I don't think it will be a cakewalk. Just believe we roll through a weak district and then see what happens in playoffs. I think Stephenville will be State Champs? Heck yes
There will be great teams in 3A and we just happen to be one of them now.

GrTigers6
02-18-2012, 08:41 AM
I don't think it will be a cakewalk. Just believe we roll through a weak district and then see what happens in playoffs. I think Stephenville will be State Champs? Heck yes
There will be great teams in 3A and we just happen to be one of them now.You will have to earn two of those district wins, Just Saying, nothing is given!

toddg
02-18-2012, 09:01 AM
There will be great teams in 3A and we just happen to be one of them now.

Alvarado has proven to be one of "them" too..and show no signs of letting up...so your disrespectful "only by 3 touchdowns" comment has no merit.

Alvarado has proven to be one of "them" too..and show no signs of letting up...so your disrespectful "only by 3 touchdowns" comment has no merit.

I was being nice lets go with 4.

cowboyandchrist
02-18-2012, 09:54 AM
they beat mesquite horn last year, they were by no means GREAT, but that was just of an impressive win, if not more so, than the win vs aledo...

only the die hard homers think stephenville will route every 3a team they play next year, most of us are realists and realize it isn't a cakewalk, that there are some good team...

just like two years ago when stephenville made it to the regional finals but got blown out by brownwood earlier in the season...

every village has one, 'ville' is making a good case to be stephenville's....
I fully expect the Ville to make a run at the championship, I just hope a team from East Texas is still standing and get to play the Ville. The Brownwood team that beat the Ville 2 years ago was one of the best High School football teams I have watch play. They ran into an outstanding O-line and Q/B from the East and got beat on the last play of the game. I believe if Carthage and the Ville meet, it would be a game just like the Brownwood game. Just the thought of a game like that would be outstanding. Come on football season : State champs 03,04,05,06,08,08,09,010,010, and 011 The championship runs through the East.

cowboyandchrist
02-18-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm sure Cody will give you more details on our history playing large schools if you still need more information he keeps everything on his website from day 1.
East Texas will give you all you want. Remember you can't hit what you can't catch. Lets go C Dawgs, Buckeyes, Lions, Chap Dawgs, and K Dawgs.

I fully expect the Ville to make a run at the championship, I just hope a team from East Texas is still standing and get to play the Ville. The Brownwood team that beat the Ville 2 years ago was one of the best High School football teams I have watch play. They ran into an outstanding O-line and Q/B from the East and got beat on the last play of the game. I believe if Carthage and the Ville meet, it would be a game just like the Brownwood game. Just the thought of a game like that would be outstanding. Come on football season : State champs 03,04,05,06,08,08,09,010,010, and 011 The championship runs through the East.

I'm just messing with you guys. I grew up in East Texas and went to school in Longview. My father went to Daingerfield. My favorite sports teams are from East Texas. I Love the way they play ball. Kilgore, Henderson, Carthage, Gilmer are all great examples of Texas High School Football. Plus the Ribs at the Country Tavern have all the other BBQ beat hands down.
Until I moved to Stephenville I didnt think I would ever get a chance to be a part of something so cool again. I'm not here to cause trouble or insult people or teams. But Stephenville is a unique town/team and reminds me of being back home in East Texas on Friday nights. I do hope to meet a East Texas team in the State Championship game. Would be one hell of a fight. Either way GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!

SHSBulldog00
02-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Looks like I stirred up a yellowjackets nest. That's just what I wanted, to see how short some of you new guys fuses are. I agree Stephenville will probably win state but the point I was making was most of 3A won't back down.

regaleagle
02-18-2012, 02:03 PM
What about Houston Yates in District 23? I believe they will be DI. Of course, they will have to beat Carthage, or La Vega or Navasota. Looks like the competition out of Region 3 in DI may be formidable. Lots of good DI teams in this region.

Matthew328
02-18-2012, 02:11 PM
What about Houston Yates in District 23? I believe they will be DI. Of course, they will have to beat Carthage, or La Vega or Navasota. Looks like the competition out of Region 3 in DI may be formidable. Lots of good DI teams in this region.

Yates will not be a factor in football

Roughneck93
02-18-2012, 03:17 PM
What about Houston Yates in District 23? I believe they will be DI. Of course, they will have to beat Carthage, or La Vega or Navasota. Looks like the competition out of Region 3 in DI may be formidable. Lots of good DI teams in this region.Columbia will take care of Yates in round one. http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/wink3-smiley.gif (http://emoticoner.com)

Lion70
02-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Well 163A will have a 4th place team thats better than most of the simi teams lol. With the Exception of Bullard ( Regionals) we all have our questions.
1 Gilmer Defending District Champs Regionals
2 Kilgore 4A Regionals
3 Henderson Simi Finalists
4 Chapel hill 3A D1 State Champs
5 Bullard Regionals
6 Gladewater
7 Spring hill

Ville-D
02-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Anybody remember this? The video might help.

http://goo.gl/6yJKR

Tejastrue
02-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Well 163A will have a 4th place team thats better than most of the simi teams lol. With the Exception of Bullard ( Regionals) we all have our questions.
2 Kilgore 4A Regionals
5 Bullard Regionals
6 Gladewater
7 Spring hill

Careful....(SIMI) Students Islamic Movement of India... Maybe ESPN will pick up on this...

regaleagle
02-20-2012, 01:27 AM
OMG!! Don't look now, CCMOM, but the thread still LIVES. It refuses to die. Does anyone have some wasp spray handy? I think you have to get at them early in the morning or late in the evening when it's cool. And when it starts warming up this spring, they will just multiply, unless you do something now. Then you've got a real problem. HAHA, just having a little fun. Nothing personal to the Yellowjackets, but my head is beginning to hurt.:twitch:

Ville-D
02-20-2012, 01:32 AM
Just ignore us... That is the best thing to do. And never make eye contact.

OMG!! Don't look now, CCMOM, but the thread still LIVES. It refuses to die. Does anyone have some wasp spray handy? I think you have to get at them early in the morning or late in the evening when it's cool. And when it starts warming up this spring, they will just multiply, unless you do something now. Then you've got a real problem. HAHA, just having a little fun. Nothing personal to the Yellowjackets, but my head is beginning to hurt.:twitch:

SHSBulldog00
02-20-2012, 01:53 AM

Spray them with soapy water.....it works for me. Maybe she can help :)

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5352/hotcarwash.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/hotcarwash.jpg/)

regaleagle
02-20-2012, 04:16 AM
Will she be attending some of the games on the opposing sidelines, or maybe in the parking lot?

2 Kilgore 4A Regionals
5 Bullard Regionals
6 Gladewater
7 Spring hill

So only one will make Playoffs for big school. Who will that be? Ibet that team is going to be rough but wore down.:wave:

Lion70
02-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Not hardly take 2010 Henderson won 3a D1 & Carthage won D2
2011 Henderson got beat in the simi and Gilmer in quarters Carthage in regionals, Our district prepared cause no offense to the rest of the state henderson didn't see better teams than they faced in districts.

Lion70
02-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Kilgore will go D1 unless they miss the playoffs which I hardly doubt. ( Not that I wouldn't love that).
Henderson is next followed Chapel hill , gilmer, Bullard.

SHSBulldog00
02-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Will she be attending some of the games on the opposing sidelines, or maybe in the parking lot?

Bring your ticket stub from the game and you get a free show...uh..I mean wash:wave:

Ville-D
02-20-2012, 06:12 PM
I guess I'll keep this going by my self...

83Indian
02-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Not hardly take 2010 Henderson won 3a D1 & Carthage won D2
2011 Henderson got beat in the simi and Gilmer in quarters Carthage in regionals, Our district prepared cause no offense to the rest of the state henderson didn't see better teams than they faced in districts.

I agree with what your saying until getting to the semi finals. Heck for that matter Alvarado walked thru bracket in 2011 until Chapel Hill. Henderson was the toughest to that point but frankly no soo tough. No offense. And in 2010, you can't say Alvarado would not have competed in the d of doom either.

Lion70
02-20-2012, 07:40 PM
competed yes won no. Henderson picked a bad time to play their worst game of the season. Thats not to say yall didn't beat us.

Ville-D
02-21-2012, 12:27 AM
What are your predictions for the 3a-D1 final 4?

What are your predictions for the 3a-D1 final 2?

Who is the champion?

Why?

Then we can dig up this thread later and see who was Right, Wrong or Totally Off-Base...

Don't be scared.

Keep the thread alive.

cowboyandchrist
02-21-2012, 07:55 PM
What are your predictions for the 3a-D1 final 4?

What are your predictions for the 3a-D1 final 2?

Who is the champion?

Why?

Then we can dig up this thread later and see who was Right, Wrong or Totally Off-Base...

Don't be scared.

Keep the thread alive.
Carthage and the Ville = D1
Gilmer and Alvarado =D2

Lion70
02-21-2012, 08:46 PM
I remember a certain team called Chapel hill who was extremly cocky and said they were sizing up their rings. Henderson didn't belong in the game lol. Thats why henderson was and earned being the champs. Fastforward to last year . Chapel hill was humble and knew they could be beat. Chapel hill had a lot of heart and was talented (humble) is the reason why they won state. Stephenville & Lamarque are in for a big suprise if they think these little ole 3A roll over & die cause yall were 4A.

Lion70
02-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Neither Carhage,Ville, Gilmer, or Alvarado make to the final, but they do get close.

Manso/V8
02-21-2012, 09:41 PM
If you take a look at the sville videos posted earlier in the thread, their line is big, but they really look like they are playing in oatmeal. Maybe the video speed is off, but at least in the video they look kind of slow.

BwdLion73
02-22-2012, 12:44 AM
If you take a look at the sville videos posted earlier in the thread, their line is big, but they really look like they are playing in oatmeal. Maybe the video speed is off, but at least in the video they look kind of slow.

Uh Oh, thats it Sville Your missing the East Texas Speed.:)

SHSBulldog00
02-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Uh Oh, thats it Sville Your missing the East Texas Speed.:)

They don't need the speed; they got the Juggs!!!

Ville-D
02-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Wow, really? What does that say about Brownwood?

Here is the video in question: http://goo.gl/6yJKR

RoyceTTU
02-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Wow, really? What does that say about Brownwood?

Here is the video in question: http://goo.gl/6yJKR

Not gonna lie, that game was an ass kicking to watch

Ville-D
02-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Do you have any video that shows the east speed?

Matthew328
02-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Stephenville's not fast but that's never been their game...they've seen fast teams in 4A and fared ok...there aren't many teams who had the speed Mesquite Horn had in 2010....

Sville
02-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Just so you guys know the 2011 Sville track and football team featured the 8-4A 100m champ and the first place sprint relay teams as well. I suspect we will win those again this year in 8-4A which inlcudes the Waco schools and Killeen. Just cuz we are mainly white doesn't mean we are slow.

RoyceTTU
02-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Just so you guys know the 2011 Sville track and football team featured the 8-4A 100m champ and the first place sprint relay teams as well. I suspect we will win those again this year in 8-4A which inlcudes the Waco schools and Killeen. Just cuz we are mainly white doesn't mean we are slow.

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/groups/1/5/4739/thumb_620x2000/DatsRacist.gif

BwdLion73
02-22-2012, 11:43 AM

Now you did it.:eek:

Sville
02-22-2012, 11:51 AM

I got some good video on my DVR at home of that Henderson "east texas speed" not being able to keep up with that Alvarado speed!

Lion70
02-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Where there state championship oh wait thats right! Its with Stephenville 2012 mythical state title.

Ville-D
02-22-2012, 12:39 PM
What?

Where there state championship oh wait thats right! Its with Stephenville 2012 mythical state title.

Chillfan
02-22-2012, 01:31 PM
La Vega is going to suprise everyone I believe.

Lion70
02-22-2012, 01:39 PM
2010 3a State Champs I think henderson was allright. These little ole 3a teams aren't scared of big bad 4a. Don't expect a championship before you get it see 2010 Chapel hill.

BEAST
02-22-2012, 02:15 PM
2010 3a State Champs I think henderson was allright. These little ole 3a teams aren't scared of big bad 4a. Don't expect a championship before you get it see 2010 Chapel hill.

The last 2 Ville teams would have beaten Hendersons butt. Mark it down.

BEAST

Lion70
02-22-2012, 02:21 PM
sorto like yall would of beat Carthage oh wait!

BEAST
02-22-2012, 03:18 PM
sorto like yall would of beat Carthage oh wait!

That was anybodys game. Funny you hide behind Carthage. I bet our 2010 would have kicked Hendersons tail.

BEAST

Lion70
02-22-2012, 07:05 PM
yeah ok talk about clueless

Chillfan
02-23-2012, 01:19 PM
That was anybodys game. Funny you hide behind Carthage. I bet our 2010 would have kicked Hendersons tail.

BEAST

Henderson beat CH in 2010 finals. Carthage beat Brownwood in a nailbiter. CH beat Carthage 40ish to 14ish in preseason.

Point is, its hard to say couldve wouldve happen.

toddg
02-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Henderson beat CH in 2010 finals. Carthage beat Brownwood in a nailbiter. CH beat Carthage 40ish to 14ish in preseason.

Point is, its hard to say couldve wouldve happen.

and Carthage beat Henderson by 10 that year in district...im with Chillfan...very hard to say couldve wouldve happen.

MGAR
02-23-2012, 03:41 PM
and Carthage beat Henderson by 10 that year in district...im with Chillfan...very hard to say couldve wouldve happen.

Carthage was healthy when they beat Henderson in district...

Carthage was without some key players with Chapel Hill put it on them...

cowboyandchrist
02-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Carthage was healthy when they beat Henderson in district...

Carthage was without some key players with Chapel Hill put it on them...
Carthage was missing All everything linebacker that is now at Texas and Pope at Safety and both wide receivers when they played Chapell Hill, But this year Chapell Hill was missing four starters to start the game and lost Q/B and R/B during the game. Six starters missing by second quarter and still won 21 to 20. Early games are just that, they only prepare for district and the playoffs. Line them up in the playoffs and you have two totally different teams. Once Carthage starts the playoffs they are a different animal. 2011 is a good example, they start 9 sophmores and take Argyle to two over times. They win that game and they play for the SC. Once they get to the SC, they will be a different team than the last game they played. I have watch this coach for 5 years now and how he gets more out of his players from one game to the next baffels the heck out of me. This year he has 17 starters that are battle tested from the district of doom and three rounds deep in the playoffs. They will be the team from the East to beat this year.

toddg
02-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Carthage was missing All everything linebacker that is now at Texas and Pope at Safety and both wide receivers when they played Chapell Hill, But this year Chapell Hill was missing four starters to start the game and lost Q/B and R/B during the game. Six starters missing by second quarter and still won 21 to 20. Early games are just that, they only prepare for district and the playoffs. Line them up in the playoffs and you have two totally different teams. Once Carthage starts the playoffs they are a different animal. 2011 is a good example, they start 9 sophmores and take Argyle to two over times. They win that game and they play for the SC. Once they get to the SC, they will be a different team than the last game they played. I have watch this coach for 5 years now and how he gets more out of his players from one game to the next baffels the heck out of me. This year he has 17 starters that are battle tested from the district of doom and three rounds deep in the playoffs. They will be the team from the East to beat this year.

is the QB they had last year comong back?

cowboyandchrist
02-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Yes he was a sophmore

cowboyandchrist
02-23-2012, 05:10 PM
is the QB they had last year comong back?
The Q/B and R/B both sophmores last year.

Ville-D
02-23-2012, 06:15 PM
c&C where are you from? Tatum or Carthage?

cowboyandchrist
02-23-2012, 06:29 PM
c&C where are you from? Tatum or Carthage?
Went to Tatum grades 1 thru 5 and Carthage 6 thru 12. Lived in Tatum all but 7 years. My grandfather was on the school board at Tatum for more than 20 years.
They are only 16 miles apart. Played little leauge baseball at Carthage and they had such a great program I wanted to play at Carthage. Mother owned Beauty shop in Carthage.
That is why I claim both.

83Indian
02-23-2012, 09:47 PM
The reign of the east will end in 2012. You have had a nice remarkable run no doubt. The Ville, Alvarado, Argyle, Celina will all be in the hunt again. No one from the d of doom will make the semi's. Can't deny Carthage will be great, but the Ville takes them out.

As for Alvarado, we will see if Dixon has built a program that can reload. If the Defense can get back close to last years level, beware. The offense is going to be just as good or better. Mark it down. I would love a rematch with Henderson. There really is some bad blood brewing and it would be great to match up three years in a row.

toddg
02-23-2012, 10:52 PM
The reign of the east will end in 2012. You have had a nice remarkable run no doubt. The Ville, Alvarado, Argyle, Celina will all be in the hunt again. No one from the d of doom will make the semi's. Can't deny Carthage will be great, but the Ville takes them out.

As for Alvarado, we will see if Dixon has built a program that can reload. If the Defense can get back close to last years level, beware. The offense is going to be just as good or better. Mark it down. I would love a rematch with Henderson. There really is some bad blood brewing and it would be great to match up three years in a row.

i think the defense will be fine..the sophs coming up are pretty salty..the secondary will be young next year but very good..the line will be anchord by #99 who will be a handful against any Oline..overall the Dline will be bigger...

83Indian
02-23-2012, 11:14 PM
i think the defense will be fine..the sophs coming up are pretty salty..the secondary will be young next year but very good..the line will be anchord by #99 who will be a handful against any Oline..overall the Dline will be bigger...

Bates, Holbert, Thomas, Gentry, Johnson, Adams, and Glasscock. Thats a lot of talent to replace on D but I like your optimism.

Sville
02-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Bates, Holbert, Thomas, Gentry, Johnson, Adams, and Glasscock. Thats a lot of talent to replace on D but I like your optimism.

I watched yall twice last year and loved watching that Glasscock kid play.

toddg
02-24-2012, 12:35 AM
I watched yall twice last year and loved watching that Glasscock kid play.

you'll luv the Fuller kid the next 2 years..he plays with the same passion and heart.

was #2 a wr for the jackets as a soph?

Ville-D
02-24-2012, 01:02 AM
Only 2 real impact sophomore players were:

#13 Carlisle DB
#35 Noah DE

Our top WRs (In order IMO)
#88 Gunter - Jr
#6 Bernays - Sr
#10 Sanchez - Jr
#1 Barrios - Sr

We have about 25 more WR/DB type players that will be Jr/Sr's next year. Time will only tell who will emerge.

If you would have told me this time last year that Gunter would have been our #1 WR this past season I wouldn't have believed you, but that kid blew up starting with game 1 against Aledo and never slowed down. He is a beast and should be playing D1 ball in 2013. He was the most improved player from '10 to '11.

you'll luv the Fuller kid the next 2 years..he plays with the same passion and heart.

was #2 a wr for the jackets as a soph?

toddg
02-24-2012, 01:22 AM
i saw #88 in the playoff game with Aledo...has a real "fire" in the belly to go with those hands for sure!

Chillfan
02-24-2012, 01:47 PM

The defensive starters that were out had nothing to do with CH's defense holding Carthages stud RB to 40 yards? But I agree, Carthage was way better in the playoffs than preseason. Probably would have been a different game between the two later in season.

BEAST
02-24-2012, 02:16 PM

#13 Carlisle DB
#35 Noah DE

Our top WRs (In order IMO)
#88 Gunter - Jr
#6 Bernays - Sr
#10 Sanchez - Jr
#1 Barrios - Sr

We have about 25 more WR/DB type players that will be Jr/Sr's next year. Time will only tell who will emerge.

If you would have told me this time last year that Gunter would have been our #1 WR this past season I wouldn't have believed you, but that kid blew up starting with game 1 against Aledo and never slowed down. He is a beast and should be playing D1 ball in 2013. He was the most improved player from '10 to '11.

Didnt yall have another Gunter back in the late 90s? If so, brother?

BEAST

Matthew328
02-24-2012, 03:37 PM
What impressed me about Alvarado was their secondary last year...that was as athletic a group at the 3A level that I've seen..those cats could flat out cover...losing them I think is big, because I don't know if Alvarado has athletes like that in the pipeline..I've seen a lot of Alvarado football over the years and they've never come close to having a group of athletes in the secondary like that..(Maybe if all the old Mitchell brothers were the same age they could rival that crew lol)

toddg
02-24-2012, 04:02 PM
What impressed me about Alvarado was their secondary last year...that was as athletic a group at the 3A level that I've seen..those cats could flat out cover...losing them I think is big, because I don't know if Alvarado has athletes like that in the pipeline..I've seen a lot of Alvarado football over the years and they've never come close to having a group of athletes in the secondary like that..(Maybe if all the old Mitchell brothers were the same age they could rival that crew lol)

there is a mitchell coming up this year

Matthew328
02-24-2012, 04:47 PM
I knew one of the Mitchell sisters pretty well...she was a good point guard...speaking of hoops..one of my basketball protege's transferred from Everman and played at Alvarado in the early part of the 2000s....

83Indian
02-24-2012, 11:58 PM

Yes, I think we had the best secondary in all of 3A last year. We have two starters returning, in the secondary at corner and safety. Yes I watched Donald, Ronald, Mike, and Melvin Mitchell as a youngster and they were all great athletes. However, I think Bates is probably the best all around player I have ever watched. For his size, I don't think there was a better player in 3A in my opinion. Alvarado's challenge will be re-building the defense this year. I think we will know by the time we play Stephenville if we have a realistic shot at the upset.

Ville-D
02-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Not sure who that would have been. This Gunter has no brothers.

Didnt yall have another Gunter back in the late 90s? If so, brother?

BEAST

cowboyandchrist
02-26-2012, 08:40 PM
I started this because I wanted input on how good the Ville and La Marque would be this year. Thank you all for 12 pages so far. I would wish people from La Marque would chime in. The East will be well represented this year with Carthage, Gilmer, Chapell Hill, Kilgore, and Henderson. The sleeper team this year could be Paris, the coach from Daingerfield has had a year to see the boys play and install his type of game. If not this year the next. My money is on Carthage to play the Ville for the SC in D1. Gilmer or Henderson will make very deep runs.

BEAST
02-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Not sure who that would have been. This Gunter has no brothers.

I am probably mistaken. Name just rang a bell with me.

BEAST

Manso/V8
02-28-2012, 12:03 AM

He is a beast and should be playing D1 ball in 2013. He was the most improved player from '10 to '11.

What schools are recruiting him? Any other yellowjackets likely to play at the next level?

Ville-D
02-28-2012, 12:45 AM
He has been wearing some Baylor t-shirts around lately. Not sure who else. I don't know of anybody else with D1 schools looking at them... probably several D2/3 kids.

What schools are recruiting him? Any other yellowjackets likely to play at the next level?

Sville
02-28-2012, 09:42 AM
He has been wearing some Baylor t-shirts around lately. Not sure who else. I don't know of anybody else with D1 schools looking at them... probably several D2/3 kids.

Manley
Jones
Gunter

Will prolly all go D-1 and have drawn interest from several schools. No official offers that I have heard of yet.

Saggy Aggie
02-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Yes, I think we had the best secondary in all of 3A last year. We have two starters returning, in the secondary at corner and safety. Yes I watched Donald, Ronald, Mike, and Melvin Mitchell as a youngster and they were all great athletes. However, I think Bates is probably the best all around player I have ever watched. For his size, I don't think there was a better player in 3A in my opinion. Alvarado's challenge will be re-building the defense this year. I think we will know by the time we play Stephenville if we have a realistic shot at the upset. Not trying to demean Bates at all, but I'm thinking maybe the best player in 3A last year pound for pound was Treylon Johnican from WC.

He was our QB/WR/KR/PR/DB/P/K. At about 5'7'' and was 1st team all state on defense with 7 INTs. Lead Columbia all the way to the semi final loss to Chapel Hill, scoring a 70 yd Td in that game.

He had about a dozen KR/PR TDs and countless more on offense, as well as about 3 or 4 pick6s.

Dude was just plain sick, not to mention hes probably gonna play D1 basball.

jason
02-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Manley
Jones
Gunter

Will prolly all go D-1 and have drawn interest from several schools. No official offers that I have heard of yet.

tyler jones, the qb? d1? no way
too small, can't throw...

gunter has the best shot of the three...
on a side note, i ran into a. edwards earlier this week, i didn't realize he was as tall as he is - what's sad is, jonathan gray made him look small...

hollywood
02-28-2012, 11:31 AM

on a side note, i ran into a. edwards earlier this week, i didn't realize he was as tall as he is - what's sad is, jonathan gray made him look small...

lol :stirpot:

lol :stirpot:

Tyler Jones isnt small and has a hell of an arm.
Kinda weird release but very accurate. My guess is he is 6'2 200 lbs. As a matter of fact he's getting really big upper body.

Matthew328
02-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Yes, I think we had the best secondary in all of 3A last year. We have two starters returning, in the secondary at corner and safety. Yes I watched Donald, Ronald, Mike, and Melvin Mitchell as a youngster and they were all great athletes. However, I think Bates is probably the best all around player I have ever watched. For his size, I don't think there was a better player in 3A in my opinion. Alvarado's challenge will be re-building the defense this year. I think we will know by the time we play Stephenville if we have a realistic shot at the upset.

What about Hollywood Mitchell? He was related to all the other Mitchell's right?

Matthew328
02-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Not trying to demean Bates at all, but I'm thinking maybe the best player in 3A last year pound for pound was Treylon Johnican from WC.

He was our QB/WR/KR/PR/DB/P/K. At about 5'7'' and was 1st team all state on defense with 7 INTs. Lead Columbia all the way to the semi final loss to Chapel Hill, scoring a 70 yd Td in that game.

He had about a dozen KR/PR TDs and countless more on offense, as well as about 3 or 4 pick6s.

Dude was just plain sick, not to mention hes probably gonna play D1 basball.

Bates was equally as dangerous and small...believe he's listed at 5'7 165 and that's generous....finished the year with 50 tackles 8 INTs if memory serves..he was first team all state on D as a junior and second team as a senior..offensive stats were 655 receiving yards 6 TD...2 rushing TD, 2 Kick return TDs and 2 passing TDs...ironically he's also a very good baseball player...sounds like they are mirror images of each other

Matthew328
02-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Jones is getting some lower tier D1 looks right now, the funky release will keep the bigger schools away...if he gets it corrected I think he could get even more interest

toddg
02-28-2012, 02:09 PM
What about Hollywood Mitchell? He was related to all the other Mitchell's right?
think Wood is in the 2nd generation.....graduated a few years back..Demetrious is the mitchell moving up to fill a corner spot next year, along with a bevy of talanted sophs including another Onderdonck.

83Indian
02-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Bates was equally as dangerous and small...believe he's listed at 5'7 165 and that's generous....finished the year with 50 tackles 8 INTs if memory serves..he was first team all state on D as a junior and second team as a senior..offensive stats were 655 receiving yards 6 TD...2 rushing TD, 2 Kick return TDs and 2 passing TDs...ironically he's also a very good baseball player...sounds like they are mirror images of each other
I don't know all his stats but I know he had more TD's than 6. He had 3 against Prosper alone. At one point during the season he was scoring on about 1 out of every 4 times he touched the ball. Also surprised he did not get first team all state DB again. I know he led the state as a sophmore and junior in INTs and had at least 8 this year. Most impressive is his leaping ability. In basket ball he just about can dunk. i think he's closer to 5'6.

Sounds like the Columbia QB is pretty impressive as well. Hard to argue against someone who starts at QB and all state on defense on a semi-final team. Still hard to believe Columbia lost to Chapel Hill the way it happened.

Sville
02-28-2012, 03:44 PM

If you consider 6'2 200 small for a QB then I don't know what to tell ya, and I have seen the letters in the athletic office myself he is getting. So yes he is good enough and will sign somewhere. You can make an argument on whether you think he can play at the D1 level but he will get a shot.

About your Edwards and Gray comment have you ever stood next to Gray? I have and he is about 3 inches shorter than Aiavion and just as jacked.

Manso/V8
02-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Kinda weird release but very accurate. My guess is he is 6'2 200 lbs. As a matter of fact he's getting really big upper body.

His hudl.com profile lists him at 6'2" / 195 lbs, and those are usually done by the player/parents, or maybe even the coach......and let's be honest, everybody stretches the height and weight a little in programs and profiles, not to mention dropping a little off of the 40 time. I have seen him in person and he didn't look quite as big as he is listed, but he definitely looks athletic and from the video yall posted he can likely play at next level somewhere, be it D1, D2, D3 or other. Best of luck to him. From the video, it looks like he kind of short arms it a little with his release, but it seems like a very quick release. How is he on longer passes?

theville
02-28-2012, 08:48 PM
His hudl.com profile lists him at 6'2" / 195 lbs, and those are usually done by the player/parents, or maybe even the coach......and let's be honest, everybody stretches the height and weight a little in programs and profiles, not to mention dropping a little off of the 40 time. I have seen him in person and he didn't look quite as big as he is listed, but he definitely looks athletic and from the video yall posted he can likely play at next level somewhere, be it D1, D2, D3 or other. Best of luck to him. From the video, it looks like he kind of short arms it a little with his release, but it seems like a very quick release. How is he on longer passes?

Look on YouTube. Stephenville Football 2011 Highlights. Done by the Jones Family.

Sville
02-28-2012, 11:35 PM
We can argue measurables all day long. I am 6'3 and the kid lives just down the street from me and he can look me in the eye. He is every bit as tall as 6'2. He is right at that 200 lb range give or take 5 lbs.

If you want to watch T Jones highlights, here are all of his from last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqpDxwwKvTs

toddg
02-28-2012, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=Sville;1663875]We can argue measurables all day long. I am 6'3 and the kid lives just down the street from me and he can look me in the eye. He is every bit as tall as 6'2. He is right at that 200 lb range give or take 5 lbs.

What was he doing before Washington got injured?

Manso/V8
02-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Sometimes I am 6'4", sometimes I am 6'5", it depends on which convenience store I am leaving.....LOL

83Indian
02-29-2012, 12:04 AM

Hollywood is Mike and Loretta Mitchell's son. Hollywood was a great in both football and basketball.

Ville-D
02-29-2012, 02:04 AM
What was he doing before Washington got injured?

Backup QB as a Soph. Everybody has an opinion, but I thought he should have started as a Soph.

Ville-D
02-29-2012, 02:15 AM
We can argue measurables all day long. I am 6'3 and the kid lives just down the street from me and he can look me in the eye. He is every bit as tall as 6'2. He is right at that 200 lb range give or take 5 lbs.

If you want to watch T Jones highlights, here are all of his from last year.

Nice video. Weren't there a couple of 3A playoff teams and 5A playoff teams in the predistrict part of that video. How did those 3a teams do? :stirpot:

Man, I had forgotten how big the DL that Aledo has was...

regaleagle
02-29-2012, 02:49 AM
The young man looks like a deadly accurate, fearless leader with poise, good decision-making capabilities, and a funky arm motion with a quick release. This player would be a good risk for a D1 school to take a chance on. He may surprise when given the opportunity to perform, despite the arm motion.

jason
02-29-2012, 09:09 AM
just for comparison....

2011 Tyler Jones stats
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4500/20120229080719.jpg

this is top 10 from dallas morning news area qb rankings (4a):
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4500/20120229080719.jpg

i won't lie, i was surprised he was that accurate...didn't think the INT's were that high though either...

Sville
02-29-2012, 10:25 AM
just for comparison....

2011 Tyler Jones stats
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4500/20120229080719.jpg

this is top 10 from dallas morning news area qb rankings (4a):
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4500/20120229080719.jpg

i won't lie, i was surprised he was that accurate...didn't think the INT's were that high though either...

Those stats that you took from the FWST are not accurate for Jones. Here are his official 2011 stats.

PASSING
NAME ATT. COMP. PCT. YDS. T.D. INT. CONV.
Jones 352 223 63.35% 3217 33 11 0

http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=543.30

Sville
02-29-2012, 10:44 AM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/ahycb/JonesStats.jpg

BEAST
02-29-2012, 10:48 AM
After watching the video, there is no doubt the young man is a quality QB. He is very accurate. However, his throwing motion is weird.

BEAST

RoyceTTU
02-29-2012, 10:53 AM
After watching the video, there is no doubt the young man is a quality QB. He is very accurate. However, his throwing motion is weird.

BEAST

It's almost like a short-arm side-arm shotput throw

He is strong as can be and his arms are like rocks. I think his throwing motion may have a little to do with how much muscle he has in his upper body. He ran the 4x100 relay with 3 other kids from football team and won their heat so he isnt slow either. Darn good QB and even better person. HE DOES THE WORK!!!

Sville
02-29-2012, 11:09 AM
He does have a 3/4 arm slot deliver but it works for him. There have been some pretty good QBs that didn't have the prototypical over the top throwing motion..ie..Phillip Rivers. I am strong believer if it ain't broke don't fix it, and run it until they stop it.

Here are his rushing stats from 2011 as well.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/ahycb/2011RushStats.jpg

toddg
02-29-2012, 11:20 AM
He does have a 3/4 arm slot deliver but it works for him. There have been some pretty good QBs that didn't have the prototypical over the top throwing motion..ie..Phillip Rivers. I am strong believer if it ain't broke don't fix it, and run it until they stop it.

Here are his rushing stats from 2011 as well.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/ahycb/2011RushStats.jpg

its really too late to make drastic changes in his passing motion..his footwork seems to be good, and his timing good...if it works..is all that matters...Bernie Kosar had the worst passing motion i have seen, and bad footwork to boot..and he did well for the Canes and NFL.

hollywood
02-29-2012, 02:08 PM

No he's not. I was laughing at Jason trying to stir the pot.

Jones is a very good QB and I agree with most that he should have been the starter in 2010.

Westbrook #22 is awesome athlete and will be just fine at RB.

Edwards is not smaller than Gray! lol

Saggy Aggie
02-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Bates was equally as dangerous and small...believe he's listed at 5'7 165 and that's generous....finished the year with 50 tackles 8 INTs if memory serves..he was first team all state on D as a junior and second team as a senior..offensive stats were 655 receiving yards 6 TD...2 rushing TD, 2 Kick return TDs and 2 passing TDs...ironically he's also a very good baseball player...sounds like they are mirror images of each other haha yeah man. Sounds like twins. Both of these guys were bad news for their opponents.

Ville-D
03-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Time untill hs football Week 0/Game 1

6 months

184 days

15,897,600 seconds

264,960 minutes

4416 hours

26 weeks (rounded down)

Ville-D
03-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Is it just me or does anybody else feel like other sports (Basketball, Baseball, Track, Golf, etc) are just things to help pass the time between the end of one football season then the beginning of the next?

:confused::vrycnfsd::evilgrin:

Old Green
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
is it just me or does anybody else feel like other sports (basketball, baseball, track, golf, etc) are just things to help pass the time between the end of one football season then the beginning of the next?

:confused::vrycnfsd::evilgrin:yep!

SHSBulldog00
03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
yep!

+1:iagree:

Ville-D
03-02-2012, 03:43 AM
Stephenville beat 2 playoff 3a teams last year a combined 108 - 14...

Fluke?

:stirpot::clap::ack!::cheerl::crazy:

keep this thread alive!

regaleagle
03-02-2012, 05:16 AM
Argyle beat two 3A playoff teams last year by a combined score of 91-24. Fluke????

mwrams
03-02-2012, 05:25 AM
Well heck if we are bragging...Mineral Wells got beat by 4 playoff teams last year...or was it 5?

regaleagle
03-02-2012, 05:38 AM
Hey, that's a pretty impressive stat mwrams. You guys weren't scheduling cupcakes, were you!

regaleagle
03-02-2012, 05:42 AM
And speaking of cupcakes, it just so happens I have some leftover donuts in there from yesterday morning. I think I will nuke a couple for about 10 secs. and have a cup of coffee with them now. Mmmm Mmmm, good!

Ville-D
03-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Wow you boys sure woke up early....

83Indian
03-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Stephenville beat 2 playoff 3a teams last year a combined 108 - 14...

Fluke?

:stirpot::clap::ack!::cheerl::crazy:

Alvarado beat 14 teams by a combined score of 624 - 101

District Teams by 276 -15

Playoff wins (4) by 176 - 26

No Fluke

StephenVille 42 - Wylie 14 Week 2 of season
Alvarado 31 - Wylie 0 Week 12 of season (Regionals) Wylie had less than 100 yards total offense. Alvarado coasted the second half since we were up 28 - 0 at half :stirpot::stirpot:

Ville-D
03-02-2012, 11:18 AM

No Fluke

Alvarado 31 - Wylie 0 Week 12 of season (Regionals) Wylie had less than 100 yards total offense. Alvarado coasted the second half since we were up 28 - 0 at half :stirpot::stirpot:

Anybody else?

Ville-D
03-02-2012, 01:09 PM

No Fluke

So you are telling me that nobody from Least Texas wants to jump on this? :stirpot:

Cam
03-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Time untill hs football Week 0/Game 1

6 months

184 days

15,897,600 seconds

264,960 minutes

4416 hours

26 weeks (rounded down)

.......that's wrong now!.......and now.....and now......

Cam
03-02-2012, 01:30 PM
man....15 pages on this thread already.....I'm gonna have to start from the beginning to see what all the hoopla is about!!.....I'll be back when I've read them all.....like in about two weeks!!.......geez..........

BEAST
03-02-2012, 02:16 PM
man....15 pages on this thread already.....I'm gonna have to start from the beginning to see what all the hoopla is about!!.....I'll be back when I've read them all.....like in about two weeks!!.......geez..........

Cam, Ill shorten it for you.....

Stephenville guys: We have the biggest penis.

All others: No you dont.

Others: Nope

BEAST

Cam
03-02-2012, 02:49 PM

BEAST

please no....I don't need it any shorter......man, let me tell you what...there's been way too much pecker talk on the LOW.......we need more women on here......ah....well, maybe not...they're worse than us guys!!!.......if I could only be a fly on the wall at some of their little gatherings.........and don't you gals be denying it!!!.......

ccmom
03-02-2012, 04:58 PM
please no....I don't need it any shorter......man, let me tell you what...there's been way too much pecker talk on the LOW.......we need more women on here......ah....well, maybe not...they're worse than us guys!!!.......if I could only be a fly on the wall at some of their little gatherings.........and don't you gals be denying it!!!....... All we talk about is politics and religion. :)

Cam
03-02-2012, 11:19 PM
All we talk about is politics and religion. :).. ....until the wine bottles hit the halfway point!....

Ville-D
03-02-2012, 11:38 PM

BEAST

It didn't really start that way...

It started out with people trying to draw Stephenville in, and finally (kind of jokingly) Sville dove in head first with the Chuck Norris / Big Chief tablet line...

After that it went south.

Ville-D
03-02-2012, 11:39 PM
But I am happy it is still rolling along. :twitch: :stirpot:

Ville-D
03-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Add your teams 2011 highlight video...
Here is a good one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trMWc6x8JfQ

Tejastrue
03-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Add your teams 2011 highlight video...
Here is a good one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trMWc6x8JfQ

You asked for it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md1P_1Qob1Y&feature=related

garciap77
03-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Okay, I will tell you that District 7 will not get any state championships in the next two years. How about that?:stirpot:

Yeah!!! District 7 is weak!:D

Ville-D
03-04-2012, 07:09 PM
top to bottom?

toddg
03-04-2012, 07:32 PM
maybe bottom to middle?

Saggy Aggie
03-04-2012, 08:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PHrIquQzsQ

Here's the highlights from the Rockport Fulton -Columbia bi district game last year. Columbia has made the semifinals and lost both times to Chapel Hill the last 2 seasons.

Oh and btw, #3 is coming back this year. :)

Saggy Aggie
03-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Area round playoff game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-OtS9v02XE&feature=related

the score in this game was 57-0 in the 3rd qt i believe until we pretty much put in the JV

Ville-D
03-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Is rocket still on the boards?

cowboyandchrist
03-05-2012, 09:04 PM
If Brownwood is a contender in 2012, he will be back and when he does look out he can jam with the best of them.

Ville-D
03-06-2012, 12:39 AM
If Brownwood is a contender in 2012, he will be back and when he does look out he can jam with the best of them.

I hope they are a contender...

I just want:

BROWNWOOD
GATESVILLE
LIBERTY HILL

to be the top 3 teams in that district

Brownwood D1 rep from Dist 8

theville
03-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Just be careful what you wish for........I am a Stephenville fan but those kind of things come back to bite.........

Ville-D
03-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Just be careful what you wish for........I am a Stephenville fan but those kind of things come back to bite.........

It'll never happen

Sville
03-06-2012, 10:19 AM

Rodney is a bandwagon Lion fan!

jason
03-06-2012, 11:52 AM
stephenville's computer repair guy is better than brownwoods...

www.stephenvillecomputers.com

:D

Ville-D
03-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Rodney is a bandwagon Lion fan!

Only around when they are doing good? (or expected too?)

Ville-D
03-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Done 2?

LionFan72
03-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Kinda like the Stones say, you don't always get what you want. And if you do, you may find that you really didn't want it after all. Burnet will be in the mix somewhere! Welcome to 3A, Lackets!

Manso/V8
03-11-2012, 12:13 AM
I think his throwing motion may have a little to do with how much muscle he has in his upper body.

You are joking, right? Please tell me you are joking!

cowboyandchrist
03-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Looks like this subject is loosing steam. I wish some one from down La Marque way would chime in. I think the Ville will do very well this year, I can't wait till they play Alvarado, that will tell a lot on how good the Ville really is. The beast from the East is big time excited to face the best from the west. This year should be a dang good year for 3A football.
Go Dawgs