PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning (what ifs)

SintonFan
02-15-2012, 06:20 PM
What if Dallas could get Peyton Manning? Would you pursue him? If so, who would you give up if you had to give up one or more players?

I find this intriguing because it would give the Cowboy-Giants rivalry even more ammo.

Thoughts? Predictions? Tell me why I am stupid to even bring this up?:crazy:

Old LB
02-15-2012, 06:54 PM
I do not think he will be able to play at a high level again, I am not a cowboy fan but I think they should pass on that idea. If he plays again I don't think it will last long, he should have plenty of money and if he can't compete like he did in the past he will retire.

Eagle 1
02-15-2012, 07:27 PM
I have already wished for this.

Sweetwater Red
02-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Not to be a downer. But, Dallas isn't even close to being in the picture even if Manning was 100 percent healthy.

IMO the only fans that would "hope" this happens are also Romo haters and I just don't get it. Maybe that just comes with Cowboy fans expecting to win a Super Bowl every year.

Myself, I'm just glad this isn't a scenario that Lions fans are even thinking about for the first time in 50 years. That being getting a percieved "upgrade" at the QB position.

Eagle 1
02-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Not to be a downer. But, Dallas isn't even close to being in the picture even if Manning was 100 percent healthy.

IMO the only fans that would "hope" this happens are also Romo haters and I just don't get it. Maybe that just comes with Cowboy fans expecting to win a Super Bowl every year.

Myself, I'm just glad this isn't a scenario that Lions fans are even thinking about for the first time in 50 years. That being getting a percieved "upgrade" at the QB position.

I would settle for a playoff win every year.

GrTigers6
02-16-2012, 05:39 AM
I would settle for a playoff win every year.Yeah because Peyton was really good at that, Give me a break. You know Peyton struggled with playoff wins as well.
I would have taken peyton 5-6 years ago, but he is done. He should stay at Indy and if he cant play he can mentor Luck.

SintonFan
02-16-2012, 11:33 AM

Not a Romo hater here, just stating "what ifs"...

Eagle 1
02-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Yeah because Peyton was really good at that, Give me a break. You know Peyton struggled with playoff wins as well.
I would have taken peyton 5-6 years ago, but he is done. He should stay at Indy and if he cant play he can mentor Luck.

I'll take Peytons playoff record over Romo's anyday.

RMAC
02-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Heard on The Ticket or the ESPN show out here in Lubbock that if Indy drops him he would take a contract that is 100% perfermance based just to prove the point that he could still play. That alone tells me he's got more than enough money to retire on multiple times and that all he wants is another go around to see what's left in the tank.