PDA

View Full Version : jeremy lin

Saggy Aggie
02-15-2012, 10:56 AM
sunk a 3 pointer with .5 seconds left last night to beat the raptors. This kid just came outta nowhere and is becoming a star. hell, he's averaging like 27 a game since he's been starting.

coach
02-15-2012, 11:01 AM
he has been amazing. I will say this. He is in a system that suits his game really well. Mike D'antoni has been known to have guys like this that excel in his system.

Also last night was crazy. It will only add to his popularity. Not trying to take away from the kid, but that was piss poor defense by the Toronto defender.

Leopard4Life
02-15-2012, 12:59 PM
sunk a 3 pointer with .5 seconds left last night to beat the raptors. This kid just came outta nowhere and is becoming a star. hell, he's averaging like 27 a game since he's been starting.

I was hoping the Mav's would draft him in 2010. Instead they paid to get Dominique Jones and then traded away our second rounder. The Mav's picked up Lin for their Summer League and he took it to John Wall, still no love. The only reason Golden State picked him up was for marketing. They had plenty of 1's and 2's, however they have a huge Asian Fan base. The same applies to Houston. They never played the kid. New York plucked him out of the D league because he was the best point guard they could bring up. They accidentally found him out of desparation. His numbers will go down as teams learn his playing style and get more film on him, however I think he will be a solid player for a long time. He is not nearly as polished, but he has a lot of "Nash" in his game.

icu812
02-15-2012, 01:07 PM
he has been amazing. I will say this. He is in a system that suits his game really well. Mike D'antoni has been known to have guys like this that excel in his system.

Also last night was crazy. It will only add to his popularity. Not trying to take away from the kid, but that was piss poor defense by the Toronto defender.

True that wasn't the best D but considering Lin was getting to the rim often and wasn't shooting the 3 very well the defender was smartly playing him to drive to the goal. Lin just make a clutch shot.

Lin has turned into the story of the year so far and rightfully so. The guy can play. I was dissappointed when the Mavs let him go to Golden State.

Roughneck93
02-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Linsanity! Wish the Rockets would have kept him. Who would have thought he'd turn out to be this good.

turbostud
02-15-2012, 01:34 PM
True that wasn't the best D but considering Lin was getting to the rim often and wasn't shooting the 3 very well the defender was smartly playing him to drive to the goal. Lin just make a clutch shot.

Lin has turned into the story of the year so far and rightfully so. The guy can play. I was dissappointed when the Mavs let him go to Golden State.

The guy playing D on Lin had played a pretty good defensive game on him up to the last shot. Weather Lin was shooting the ball well or not doesnt matter, as the time was running down Lin's only option was to shoot the ball. Once the time goes under 8 seconds, the option to pass or run a play has to happen immediately. Once you get under 4 or 5 seconds the only option Lin had left was to shoot the ball. The defender should have recogonized this and not allowed an un-contested shot.

Phil C
02-15-2012, 04:08 PM
The Rockets let a player like this get away. Houston we have a problem.

Ville-D
02-15-2012, 04:20 PM
I like his answers in the post game interview. Give God the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKq7Trs4I_w