PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning to the Texans..?

HEMOTOXIC
02-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Tonight, Bob Allen, KTRK ABC Houston, reported that Peyton Manning is interested in joining the Texans.. Of couse this is only a report, but, he says that this information is coming from a family friend.

Thoughts?

SHSBulldog00
02-14-2012, 12:14 AM
I would rather see him in Houston than anywhere else. However we do have Schaub, and McNair will not fork over $28 Million, so I don't see this happening.

HEMOTOXIC
02-14-2012, 12:18 AM
I would rather see him in Houston than anywhere else. However we do have Schaub, and McNair will not fork over $28 Million, so I don't see this happening.

Hey, Im game. Especially if the old Peyton returns to form!

sTxforlife
02-14-2012, 12:22 AM
He wouldn't fit the texans offense at all, he isn't mobile enough

HEMOTOXIC
02-14-2012, 12:27 AM
He wouldn't fit the texans offense at all, he isn't mobile enough

Seriously? And, Speedy Gonzalez, Matt Schaub, is?

Txbroadcaster
02-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Seriously? And, Speedy Gonzalez, Matt Schaub, is?

shaub does the roll out very well..I dont see how this would work..Manning is basically a OC on the field, no way Kubiak would give up that much control

HEMOTOXIC
02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
shaub does the roll out very well..I dont see how this would work..Manning is basically a OC on the field, no way Kubiak would give up that much control

I agree on that. However, after the year that the Texans had, it wouldn't be a bad idea to atleast look at the option. We can't afford have a repeat of losing QBs as we did this past year.

coach
02-14-2012, 03:39 PM
this would never work bc houston fans prob. think schaub is better than peyton

Saggy Aggie
02-14-2012, 03:48 PM
this would never work bc houston fans prob. think schaub is better than peyton schaub is a quality QB but I've never heard anyone go out of their way to praise him. I think it's mostly about the players around him

Roughneck93
02-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Bet Peyton would love sticking it to Irsay and the Colts twice a year.

Txbroadcaster
02-14-2012, 05:17 PM
I agree on that. However, after the year that the Texans had, it wouldn't be a bad idea to atleast look at the option. We can't afford have a repeat of losing QBs as we did this past year.

They wont keep both..if they get Manning then Shaub is gone

Saggy Aggie
02-14-2012, 06:16 PM
They wont keep both..if they get Manning then Shaub is gone yeah there's already talks of schaub to redskins

Txbroadcaster
02-14-2012, 06:27 PM
schaub is a quality QB but I've never heard anyone go out of their way to praise him. I think it's mostly about the players around him

Yes he has Johnson(when healthy), but it is not like the Texans are just loaded with weapons in the passing game.

Saggy Aggie
02-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Yes he has Johnson(when healthy), but it is not like the Texans are just loaded with weapons in the passing game. the arguably top WR in the nfl when healthy is a nice target to have & Owen daniels is one of the best receiving TE's in the game and he also has a top 3 rushing game to help out the passing game.

Schaub isnt a superstar, but hes a quality qb in a team loaded with talent.

Roughneck93
02-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Bob Allen interview earlier on SportsRadio 610's J&R Show. Clarifies his report in Manning to Houston interest.

http://cbshouston.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/bob-allen-2-14-12.mp3&name=John

Txbroadcaster
02-14-2012, 07:27 PM
the arguably top WR in the nfl when healthy is a nice target to have & Owen daniels is one of the best receiving TE's in the game and he also has a top 3 rushing game to help out the passing game.

Owens is right at average..finished 15 in yards for TE and 15 in catches for TE..yes he is solid, but he is not as of now what I could a top TE

Blastoderm55
02-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Texans are likely going to franchise tag Mario Williams. I'm not sure they can afford Peyton Manning. I don't think he's a good fit for the offense anyway.

Saggy Aggie
02-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Owens is right at average..finished 15 in yards for TE and 15 in catches for TE..yes he is solid, but he is not as of now what I could a top TE yeah, while splitting catches with 2 other pretty solid TE's.... and he finished with those #'s despite having TJ yates throwing to him.

He put up pretty good #'s in a system where thats about as good as he can do. I'll stick to my statement that when schaub is in there and the texans are running at full capacity, OD is as big of a TE mismatch as there is besides maybe Vernon Davis and Graham.

Blastoderm55
02-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Daniels is an elite receiving tight end, but he is a good blocker into the zone running scheme and is a threat in the play action game.

Saggy Aggie
02-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Daniels is an elite receiving tight end, but he is a good blocker into the zone running scheme and is a threat in the play action game. +1

one of the most underrated TEs in the game.

Houston's offense really struggles when he's missed games due to injury

Roughneck93
02-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Texans are likely going to franchise tag Mario Williams. I'm not sure they can afford Peyton Manning. I don't think he's a good fit for the offense anyway.How much cap room do the Texans have? A franchise tag on Mario is likely to cost them around $20 million.

Blastoderm55
02-14-2012, 08:38 PM
+1

one of the most underrated TEs in the game.

Houston's offense really struggles when he's missed games due to injury

Heh, I actually meant is NOT an elite receiving tight end. Regardless, a Gronkowski or Finley or Graham would not put up ridiculous numbers in the Texans offense. For the Texans, Daniels is as good a fit there is.

zebrablue2
02-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Tonight, Bob Allen, KTRK ABC Houston, reported that Peyton Manning is interested in joining the Texans.. Of couse this is only a report, but, he says that this information is coming from a family friend.

Thoughts?

Will not happen. The man needs to retire while he is still walking.

Blastoderm55
02-14-2012, 08:41 PM
How much cap room do the Texans have? A franchise tag on Mario is likely to cost them around $20 million.

It would tie up a lot of money and given the performance of the unit without him it may not be necessary to keep him at such a high cost, particularly when the off-season priority is locking up Arian Foster for the long term.

Maroon87
02-14-2012, 08:46 PM
the arguably top WR in the nfl when healthy is a nice target to have & Owen daniels is one of the best receiving TE's in the game and he also has a top 3 rushing game to help out the passing game.

This season will be Johnson's 10th in the league. His window is beginning to close. If he's gonna get a ring, the next 2-3 years are crucial.

Roughneck93
02-14-2012, 08:51 PM
It would tie up a lot of money and given the performance of the unit without him it may not be necessary to keep him at such a high cost, particularly when the off-season priority is locking up Arian Foster for the long term.Yeah I think Mario would have to give the Texans a "home town discount" in order for him to stay.

Manso/V8
02-15-2012, 12:24 AM
s besides maybe Vernon Davis and Graham. or Gates, Gonzales, Gronkowski, Whitten, etc, etc

Manso/V8
02-15-2012, 12:35 AM
I called Peyton after seeing this thread.....he tried to dodge the question and was kind of non-committal and evasive, but he finally admitted that he wants to play for Houston to avoid facing the Texans pass rush next year. LOL!

That story has about a much credibility as the J&R show take......those guys have to fill up air time with some kind of babble so they explore a lot of rumors and hypothetical situations.

Taking Peyton is too big of an injury risk for the Texans.

Txbroadcaster
02-15-2012, 12:43 AM
. I'll stick to my statement that when schaub is in there and the texans are running at full capacity, OD is as big of a TE mismatch as there is besides maybe Vernon Davis and Graham.

Then that means Schaub has as much to do with OD being good

Saggy Aggie
02-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Then that means Schaub has as much to do with OD being good obviously you need a decent QB to have an effective TE. I don't see your point? Do you think gronkowski would've put up those #s if tj Yates was throwing to him?