PDA

View Full Version : must see 2A and 3A games next year?

Gsquared
02-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Want to get a jump on next seasons schedule. Have a few in mind. Any suggestions?

Lion70
02-12-2012, 05:07 PM
163A will have a lot to choose from. On one hand all those schools lost a lot with the exception of bullard (regionals) . Henderson (simi), kilgore regionals (4a) and gilmer regionals & district champion, & Chapel hill State Champion.

SHSBulldog00
02-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Want to get a jump on next seasons schedule. Have a few in mind. Any suggestions?

Some I would like to see

Alvarado vs. Stephenville
Brownwood vs. Liberty Hill
Argyle vs. Celina
District 16-3A (take your pick)
El Campo vs. Sealy
Cuero vs. Giddings
Lexington vs. Schulenburg

Tejastrue
02-12-2012, 07:07 PM
La Vega / Stephenville

SintonFan
02-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Any Sinton game!

Saggy Aggie
02-12-2012, 08:15 PM
La Vega / Stephenville +1

I'll be in attendance barring some catastrophe. this is the game i want to see the most, aside from watching WC play :)

Yoe_09
02-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Lexington/Cameron Yoe

buckeyebob
02-13-2012, 05:58 AM
163A will have a lot to choose from. On one hand all those schools lost a lot with the exception of bullard (regionals) . Henderson (simi), kilgore regionals (4a) and gilmer regionals & district champion, & Chapel hill State Champion.

We can offer both at the same time...Week 3 (9/21 I will guess)...Gilmer vs. Daingerfield...always a barn burner (yes, Celina people...they can be beaten)...in Daingerfield at the Tiger Deer Stand...we can eat at the new WHAT-A-BURGER in Gilmer before we leave...high end cuisine is on it's way to Buckeye Land in a few short weeks.

Gsquared
02-13-2012, 07:35 AM
We can offer both at the same time...Week 3 (9/21 I will guess)...Gilmer vs. Daingerfield...always a barn burner (yes, Celina people...they can be beaten)...in Daingerfield at the Tiger Deer Stand...we can eat at the new WHAT-A-BURGER in Gilmer before we leave...high end cuisine is on it's way to Buckeye Land in a few short weeks.
Wait wait wait, yall got a new Whataburger in Gilmer??????

MGAR
02-13-2012, 09:03 AM

Epic 16-3A battle between.........GladeH2O and Spring Hill.

MGAR
02-13-2012, 09:04 AM

Yes, drug-heads gotta eat too.

waterboy
02-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Epic 16-3A battle between.........GladeH2O and Spring Hill.
That should decide the district crown!

....in baseball........maybe....

waterboy
02-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Yes, drug-heads gotta eat too.
Do they only put Whataburger's in "drug-head" towns? If that's the case, there's a whole lotta drug-heads in this state!

Gsquared
02-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Do they only put Whataburger's in "drug-head" towns? If that's the case, there's a whole lotta drug-heads in this state!
Word on the street is Whitney Houston scarfed down a Chop House Cheddar Burger with Whatasized fries the other night.

Old Tiger
02-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Some I would like to see

Alvarado vs. Stephenville
Brownwood vs. Liberty Hill
Argyle vs. Celina
District 16-3A (take your pick)
El Campo vs. Sealy
Cuero vs. Giddings
Lexington vs. SchulenburgGiddings blows out Cuero.

Snotbubbles
02-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Giddings blows out Cuero.

:iagree:

Could be a long year again for Cuero. Not much returning (skill player wise) except that freshman running back they had this year.

9th and JV teams not much coming up as I recall. 8th grade team though was very solid (Owens kid looks to be the real deal), but--that's a few years away.

OLE'BULL
02-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Cant miss the Sealy vs. Bellville game. It came down to the wire last year, and I am guessing it will be another great one this year. Ricky Seals-Jones will be another year matured (:ack!:) and the Brahmas will be in their second year under Coach Rowe.

Ville-D
02-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Stephenville - Aledo
Stephenville - LaVega
Stephenville - Alvarado

YTBulldogs
02-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Coach Owens son (freshman this coming season) from Cuero will be one of the best to come out of Gobbler Land IMO. I see him making this year's varsity too. Very fine player.

Not sure where he will end up playing on defense. DE? LB? On Offense, awesome TE and can make some bone crushing blocks with soft hands.

lostaussie
02-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Word on the street is Whitney Houston scarfed down a Chop House Cheddar Burger with Whatasized fries the other night.:tisk::tisk:

slingshot
02-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Wylie vs Monahans... our scrimmages have always been very intense and close--a real game should be outstanding. I think it will likely be for the district championship.

buckeyebob
02-14-2012, 06:03 AM

Not yet...a few more weeks...real cuisine comes to the Land of the Buckeyes...I can not wait...I am getting light headed...what bliss!!!!!

Gsquared
02-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Not yet...a few more weeks...real cuisine comes to the Land of the Buckeyes...I can not wait...I am getting light headed...what bliss!!!!!
High cotton!

waterboy
02-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Hey, Gsquared, you can catch the Thursday night game in Week 0 at TMF/Rose Kickoff Classic: Gilmer vs. Atlanta.

That ought to be a doozy. Atlanta will be much improved this year, and Gilmer will be breaking in a whole bunch of new skill players, so it may not be anything like in the past where the Buckeyes romp. I think it will be a close game either way.

MGAR
02-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Hey, Gsquared, you can catch the Thursday night game in Week 0 at TMF/Rose Kickoff Classic: Gilmer vs. Atlanta.

That ought to be a doozy. Atlanta will be much improved this year, and Gilmer will be breaking in a whole bunch of new skill players, so it may not be anything like in the past where the Buckeyes romp. I think it will be a close game either way.

The Rabbits will have a lethal 1-2 punch out of the backfield. If they can find a QB that can pass a little they could be a pretty good team later in the season.

Like always, when playing Gilmer, depth with come into play. It seems like Gilmer is in mid-late season shape right out of the gate. Great off season program and summer program..

Ok, that was my nice post about Gilmer for the year. Don't expect anything else. ha

waterboy
02-14-2012, 11:59 AM
The Rabbits will have a lethal 1-2 punch out of the backfield. If they can find a QB that can pass a little they could be a pretty good team later in the season.

Like always, when playing Gilmer, depth with come into play. It seems like Gilmer is in mid-late season shape right out of the gate. Great off season program and summer program..

Ok, that was my nice post about Gilmer for the year. Don't expect anything else. ha
Was Lee Raley a senior this past season? I was thinking he was a junior for some reason..... He was a pretty good QB.

Who will be their QB this season? Quaid Taylor? They might just move Everett Dickerson over to the QB position. It'll be interesting to see who starts for them. I know they have a very good coaching staff over there in Rabbit land now.

MGAR
02-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Was Lee Raley a senior this past season? I was thinking he was a junior for some reason..... He was a pretty good QB.

Who will be their QB this season? Quaid Taylor? They might just move Everett Dickerson over to the QB position. It'll be interesting to see who starts for them. I know they have a very good coaching staff over there in Rabbit land now.

Yea, Raley was a senior..

It's early but I doubt they will use Taylor as a QB.. He will be needed to fill some voids on defense.

I can see Dickerson at QB... Might just be there best overall athlete.

Gsquared
02-14-2012, 01:41 PM

I think my zero week the last five seasons has involved a Gilmer game so im sure ill be there for this one too. Probably have to eat at the Shed or Sweet Sue's before.

MGAR
02-14-2012, 01:46 PM
I think my zero week the last five seasons has involved a Gilmer game so im sure ill be there for this one too. Probably have to eat at the Shed or Sweet Sue's before.

I think I'm gonna eat at Double Ds in Tyler.

waterboy
02-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Yea, Raley was a senior..

It's early but I doubt they will use Taylor as a QB.. He will be needed to fill some voids on defense.

I can see Dickerson at QB... Might just be there best overall athlete.
Imagine Dickerson at the QB position doing the zone read. With his speed and breakaway ability, they could be extremely tough to stop. With Webster being the feature back, add Neal or Holloway in the backfield occasionally, mix it up with Fonteneaux and King, mix in some pass plays....I think their offense will be tough to stop. Their defense will be a work in progress with all the players they lost, but they do have a good core coming back. Defense was their weakness last year, but I think their offense was good even though they were learning a new system.

SHSBulldog00
02-14-2012, 01:51 PM

Any place named Double D's gets my business.:inlove:

Gsquared
02-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Ohhh, thats where ima eat too. Is there a good chance to show up at the game with a milk mustache?

MGAR
02-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Ohhh, thats where ima eat too. Is there a good chance to show up at the game with a milk mustache?

Maybe we can get ETB to pay for it or get Stepp to send us some Loonies.

Gsquared
02-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Maybe we can get ETB to pay for it or get Stepp to send us some Loonies.

I say we get ETB to pay, he owes me cuz im gonna stay over that weekend and attend the JT game with my newly aquired JT sideline passes. Want me to get him to get you a pass too? Think we get hats and t-shirts too. Oh, and we get to hold the ropes to the JT tunnel if we get there early enough.

buckeyebob
02-14-2012, 06:56 PM

Ok, that was my nice post about Gilmer for the year. Don't expect anything else. haMonday morning @ 7:30AM...balmy 36 deg. & sleet...Bux were on the field in shorts & T's with coaches pacticing...if that don't get you in shape, the Marine Corp. would be next try.

icu812
02-15-2012, 12:56 PM

The Shed in Edom? Pretty good eats right there and I'm only 10 minutes away.

If Atl has improved it could be a great game. Even if they haven't Atl's RB is worth the price of admission. I'm also interested to see that quick little freshman RB Gilmer had last year and find out how good their new QB will be.

Gsquared
02-15-2012, 01:05 PM

If Atl has improved it could be a great game. Even if they haven't Atl's RB is worth the price of admission. I'm also interested to see that quick little freshman RB Gilmer had last year and find out how good their new QB will be.
Yep, the Shed in Edom. Not bad!!

buckeyebob
02-16-2012, 07:15 AM

We will have a new one to introduce this year...big & strong...gonna make an Old School Fullback out of him...Tate will be back for 3 more years...he is so much fun to watch...QB has never really been a problem for the Bux...I'm betting on Barr.